Stats: 3,165,547 members, 7,861,596 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:09 PM

Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation (5988 Views)

How Mmesoma Ejikeme Joy Forged Her UTME Result - JAMB's Spokesperson / Please I’m A Student Of Babcock And My Result Are Bad / Jamb Should Be Scrap Or Ban In Nigeria- Apostle Joseph Udoh (2) (3) (4)

Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 14, 2019
SeekingHelp:

I reside in Uyo, Akwa Ibom.

We don't need audience, all we need is to write a petition to JAMB implying that our results should be reviewed. They should print out our questions and what we ticked from their server. Delay defeats equity. Hence, we should make a move before universities starts their policy meetings. Let me mail you.
SeekingHelp:

I reside in Uyo, Akwa Ibom.

We don't need audience, all we need is to write a petition to JAMB implying that our results should be reviewed. They should print out our questions and what we ticked from their server. Delay defeats equity. Hence, we should make a move before universities starts their policy meetings. Let me mail you.

I have a write-up already, both hard copy and soft. But where do I forward it? How do I go about it? Their lines are not going through, they are not responding to emails... Having spent like #2300 already on transport and typings on this matter, I wouldn't want to get disturbed going to Abuja as my semester Test is fast approaching. I messaged the Vanguard newspaper, Daily news and some iconic bodies but some told me 'to visit the exam board privately and I would be responded to because some hardworking victims of the unexpected Results and parents have accepted their fates but JAMB is aware of the ingenuity of 12th candidates' Results..., you are the 4th candidates to report this to us but the same date '12th' is what is common.' said one of the news agent whose identity they told me to conceal'
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by Themhi1: 5:57pm On May 14, 2019
SammyOpe:

I have a write-up already, both hard copy and soft. But where do I forward it? How do I go about it? Their lines are not going through, they are not responding to emails... Having spent like #2300 already on transport and typings on this matter, I wouldn't want to get disturbed going to Abuja as my semester Test is fast approaching. I messaged the Vanguard newspaper, Daily news and some iconic bodies but some told me 'to visit the exam board privately and I would be responded to because some hardworking victims of the unexpected Results and parents have accepted to their fates but JAMB is aware of the ingenuity of 12th candidates' Results..., you are the 4th candidates to report this to us but the same date '12th' is what is common.' said one of the news agent whose identity they told me to conceal'

pls keep me updated on this issue..
I also wrote on the 12th and I am 100℅ sure dey tempered with my results..
we need our real results.
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by kleverley(m): 6:00pm On May 14, 2019
I'm really in severe pains , I took this exam same day 12th April , I remember how I was happy when I was done with English and biology. I was saying what they asked me this year wasn't really tough like what I faced last year so i expected nothing less than 80 in English and 70+ in biology respectively I was even satisfied with the chemistry too. but when I checked my result that night I was shocked to see 199. I immediately, put off my phone, shutdown the TV sets , I tried to cry but tears weren't coming I couldn't sleep that Saturday night. I compared the results with that of 2017 I discovered that the 2017 score was 2points higher in English and 8points better in biology then facing declines in physics and chemistry.
I don't know how to go about this right now
I'm really confused because I prepared very well for that exams ..
someone should help me out on what to do because I haven't really been myself
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 14, 2019
fynestboi, lalasticlala, please look into this and move it to the front page
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by SeekingHelp: 9:29pm On May 14, 2019
SammyOpe:

I have a write-up already, both hard copy and soft. But where do I forward it? How do I go about it? Their lines are not going through, they are not responding to emails... Having spent like #2300 already on transport and typings on this matter, I wouldn't want to get disturbed going to Abuja as my semester Test is fast approaching. I messaged the Vanguard newspaper, Daily news and some iconic bodies but some told me 'to visit the exam board privately and I would be responded to because some hardworking victims of the unexpected Results and parents have accepted their fates but JAMB is aware of the ingenuity of 12th candidates' Results..., you are the 4th candidates to report this to us but the same date '12th' is what is common.' said one of the news agent whose identity they told me to conceal'

My exams was on 16th though, but it doesn't change anything. Mail me your number.
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by LawsonVal: 9:56pm On May 14, 2019
I scored 209 in jamb can I study mech engr. in oau
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by LawsonVal: 10:02pm On May 14, 2019
I also wrote my exam on the 12th and my result is somehow

Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by Kenmatt(m): 11:37pm On May 14, 2019
Good evening ladies and gentlemen.

Please no body should take these guys complaint as a mere joke.

I also discovered it. Last year, I scored 231, even when I know that I left about twenty questions unattended with regards to Literature in English, I could not tick any questions that came from the recommended prose, drama and poetry because I couldn't lay my hand on any of the books. I know I did well on the literally appreciation.

I was given an admission to study Philosophy in Uniport but I discarded it as I wished to have law.

This year, I bought good Literature book which I read very well. I wrote the exam with confident.

I was typing and smiling. Not actually that the exam was not difficult, but as I had prepared very well for it, I was attacking the questions, I was not just providing an answers to them.

I wrote on 15th, lo! As I typed RESULT and sent to 55019, what I saw; 244. Even as I'm typing this , I can't still believe it, I even told someone that JAMB must have reduced people's scores as a result of the mass malpractice they said that occurred.

So, should the innocent once who burnt their night candle bear the brunt of what they know nothing absolutely about?

My instinct is telling me that JAMB deducted forty marks from my score.
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by Kinggeezu: 12:10am On May 15, 2019
I've the same issue oo Jamb gave me 257 after several months of sleepless night been going for tutorial and preparing since last year October having sleepless nights, and was expecting nothing less than 300 because the questions are so cheap I had the PDF version of Jamb syllabus which was my guide in reading... When I saw the result mood changed, the first thing I said is this is not my result !!!

Am with you on this if there's anyway it can be corrected am even willing to rewrite if so the case may be, one thing I know for sure is that thing I saw ain't my score
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by Kinggeezu: 12:35am On May 15, 2019
SeekingHelp:

My exams was on 16th though, but it doesn't change anything. Mail me your number.

I've the same issue oo Jamb gave me 257 after several months of sleepless night been going for tutorial and preparing since last year October having sleepless nights, and was expecting nothing less than 300 because the questions are so cheap I had the PDF version of Jamb syllabus which was my guide in reading... When I saw the result mood changed, the first thing I said is this is not my result !!!

Am with you on this if there's anyway it can be corrected am even willing to rewrite if so the case may be, one thing I know for sure is that thing I saw.. ain't my score...
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by kleverley(m): 5:33am On May 15, 2019
SammyOpe:

I sincerely appreciate your comment but I wish I could see you one on one to explain more better. I'm already a student of the University of Ilorin and I know what it takes to be considered for medicine. I suspended preparing for my school exam gave Jamb all my time. It got to an extent that I stopped reading for the utme because I felt I've covered what I should. To God be the glory, almost all my questions were what I've practised perfectly,in fact, the diagram given to me in biology was my phone wallpaper. I did the exam perfectly and I was happily expecting nothing less than 320… to my utmost surprise, reverse is the case. Bro,if there's an atom of lie in all what I've typed then I dare Jamb to reschedule me for the exam and see if I won't score 300+... I went to their zonal office today for complaint and they immediately admitted something was wrong but they told me nothing is in their ability but I can go to Abuja for complaint.
I'm really in severe pains , I took this exam same day 12th April , I remember how I was happy when I was done with English and biology. I was saying what they asked me this year wasn't really tough like what I faced last year so i expected nothing less than 80 in English and 70+ in biology respectively I was even satisfied with the chemistry too. but when I checked my result that night I was shocked to see 199. I immediately, put off my phone, shutdown the TV sets , I tried to cry but tears weren't coming I couldn't sleep that Saturday night. I compared the results with that of 2017 I discovered that the 2017 score was 2points higher in English and 8points better in biology then facing declines in physics and chemistry.
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by kleverley(m): 5:35am On May 15, 2019
Kinggeezu:

Am with you on this if there's anyway it can be corrected am even willing to rewrite if so the case may be, one thing I know for sure is that thing I saw.. ain't my score...
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by Youngsage: 5:47am On May 15, 2019
SammyOpe:

I sincerely appreciate your comment but I wish I could see you one on one to explain more better. I'm already a student of the University of Ilorin and I know what it takes to be considered for medicine. I suspended preparing for my school exam gave Jamb all my time. It got to an extent that I stopped reading for the utme because I felt I've covered what I should. To God be the glory, almost all my questions were what I've practised perfectly,in fact, the diagram given to me in biology was my phone wallpaper. I did the exam perfectly and I was happily expecting nothing less than 320… to my utmost surprise, reverse is the case. Bro,if there's an atom of lie in all what I've typed then I dare Jamb to reschedule me for the exam and see if I won't score 300+... I went to their zonal office today for complaint and they immediately admitted something was wrong but they told me nothing is in their ability but I can go to Abuja for complaint.

Bro, I admire your confidence. However they are right- you just have to find your way to Abuja! If possible with a guardian/someone older than you....

The earlier you make this trip, the better. I know what I'm saying.

Cheers
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by CodeTemplar: 5:53am On May 15, 2019
SammyOpe:

Go for it. Press them to double check your result and possibly your electronic script.
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by Youngsage: 5:57am On May 15, 2019
SammyOpe:

Thank God it's semester test, not exam.

Arm yourself with appropriate materials and cash and head to Abuja asap to state your case!!!
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by TyrantInAsoRock: 9:27am On May 15, 2019
Jamboy12:

Na 258 I get last year still nothing. This year I can read excess con see 234 wetin my last two years pass

I hope u are not making the one mistake

I must attend only this university

Same thing kept me home for 2yrs
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by Abrahamdgreat(m): 9:33am On May 15, 2019
Bro what u see is what you should have gotten... Remember that sometimes what u practiced is wrong, usually what they keep on those pq or what jamb set as their answers may be wrong (but since that's what they used to mark everyone u can't do anything)

Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by Danicomrade(m): 9:51am On May 15, 2019
Bro i belive you o
Same tin happen 2 me and my friend o
When i wrote this exam english i knw its nt more dan 10 i failed bt i was still given 68
I was expecting 270+ i total bt i was given 236
Bacically i think mrks were removed about 40mrks 10 frm each sub
Evem 1 of my guy were write last yr and got 285 dis yr got 260 and e suppose 2 get 300+
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by GINNJA: 9:59am On May 15, 2019
Abrahamdgreat:
Bro what u see is what you should have gotten... Remember that sometimes what u practiced is wrong, usually what they keep on those pq or what jamb set as their answers may be wrong (but since that's what they used to mark everyone u can't do anything)

you are correct
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by GINNJA: 10:00am On May 15, 2019
[quote author=Abrahamdgreat post=78404795]Bro what u see is what you should have gotten... Remember that sometimes what u practiced is wrong, usually what they keep on those pq or what jamb set as their answers may be wrong (but since that's what they used to mark everyone u can't do anything)[/you are correct]
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by SeekingHelp: 12:55pm On May 15, 2019
I contacted JAMB and this is what i got this morning. But i won't give up until they show me the questions and what i ticked from their server. So if anyone here has any situation, he or she should do the same and report back to this thread. Just google JAMB SUPPORT CENTRE, it will direct you to the website. Fill in your name, email and reg number, etc and file your complaints. We can help each other. Thanks!

Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by icebird25(m): 1:11pm On May 15, 2019
Jamb don jam this one
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by icebird25(m): 1:14pm On May 15, 2019
Well samething happened to me last year o ...me that is a guru in government..back then in secondary school dey used to call me the god of government..because he was damn good...till jamb gave me the shock of my life with just 68 as the score for govt ... na there I kukuma the meaning of jamb to jam someone
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by remi1444: 5:52pm On May 15, 2019
Simeonjoe1:
I commend your efforts during the preparations, if you're not able to rectify it I'll advice you change to anatomy or physiology - ever heard that the top best 10 crossing to medicine? I was among the crossers last year
... A good motivation like this is one of the factors for getting a cgpa of 4.8+ and being among those that'll cross
are you a JW?

Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 15, 2019
Abrahamdgreat:
Your comment just got me smiling. Bro, I'm not a mediocre nor stupid. I didn't use any of the misleading hard copy past questions. I finished the whole respective textbooks first then treated meticulously 'myschool' software past questions with detailed solutions... I repeat, I'm very sure of what I did. I've predicted my score before leaving the exam Hall.
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 15, 2019
SeekingHelp:
I contacted JAMB and this is what i got this morning. But i won't give up until they show me the questions and what i ticked from their server. So if anyone here has any situation, he or she should do the same and report back to this thread. Just google JAMB SUPPORT CENTRE, it will direct you to the website. Fill in your name, email and reg number, etc and file your complaints. We can help each other. Thanks!

I wish I could reply them with 'Sir, what you submitted as my score is what you will upload on your portal' show me the questions and answers I submitted myself...'

Their reply is even annoying! Incompetent body!! (A whole board with grammatically wrong questions,dumb options, wrong spellings, questions without correct options)
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 15, 2019
The long awaited JAMB results has finally been posted online. Click on the link below for details and how to check yours!

https://www.prep.ng/2019/05/jamb-results-has-been-uploaded-online.html
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by Abrahamdgreat(m): 9:32pm On May 15, 2019
SammyOpe:

Your comment just got me smiling. Bro, I'm not a mediocre nor stupid. I didn't use any of the misleading hard copy past questions. I finished the whole respective textbooks first then treated meticulously 'myschool' software past questions with detailed solutions... I repeat, I'm very sure of what I did. I've predicted my score before leaving the exam Hall.
Ur comment also got me laughing bro, I never implied u we're stupid or mediocre, u implied that urself. I explained the only two possible reasons why and why u can't do anything about it and u implied I'm calling u stupid.

I clap for u, so this is the person claiming to get 97 in English that finds it so hard to decode something as simple as my explanation
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by Youngsage: 10:52pm On May 15, 2019
Abrahamdgreat:

lol... you know nothing about JAMB.
Don't talk about things you have no idea about with utmost certainty.
Your hypothesis might be right, but to deny the fact that JAMB indeed tampers with results is sheer ignorance.

Case study: A student a few years back was unable to answer any question in a particular subject due to some technical issues.
Guess her result in that subject: Zero? Naah, you guessed wrong. 60 marks!

That's probably what she should have gotten anyway.

Smh.
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by Abrahamdgreat(m): 7:07am On May 16, 2019
Youngsage:

lol... you know nothing about JAMB.
Don't talk about things you have no idea about with utmost certainty.
Your hypothesis might be right, but to deny the fact that JAMB indeed tampers with results is sheer ignorance.

Case study: A student a few years back was unable to answer any question in a particular subject due to some technical issues.
Guess her result in that subject: Zero? Naah, you guessed wrong. 60 marks!

That's probably what she should have gotten anyway.

Smh.

Assuming your hypothesis is true, what good does it do the @OP please... Even if it happened to be you, are you telling me that you would sue them because you think you should have gotten a certain mark and didn't.

Note that jamb under Ishaq's management has been different, we've all written jamb bro. The last time I did I got 270+ (I too was confident in maths back then but was surprised when I saw my score) but so far as I had passed I figured there was no sense in running after shadows expecially when it could actually be my score

Your intentions might be good, but if you don't plan on helping him take on Jamb itself then stop encouraging him when it could actually be his proper score. Thank you
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by jesvic91(m): 8:54am On May 16, 2019
Brother you are right..am very sure of what I wrote in my exam ..in my mathematics I answered all questions expecting nothing less than 80 marks .lo..I was given 61..am in Sofia pains ryt now.same as my physics
Re: Something Is Wrong With My Result,jamb Should Please Look Into This Situation by Youngsage: 9:50am On May 16, 2019
Abrahamdgreat:
Assuming your hypothesis is true, what good does it do the @OP please... Even if it happened to be you, are you telling me that you would sue them because you think you should have gotten a certain mark and didn't.

Note that jamb under Ishaq's management has been different, we've all written jamb bro. The last time I did I got 270+ (I too was confident in maths back then but was surprised when I saw my score) but so far as I had passed I figured there was no sense in running after shadows expecially when it could actually be my score

Your intentions might be good, but if you don't plan on helping him take on Jamb itself then stop encouraging him when it could actually be his proper score. Thank you

Lol. Not me, obviously. Just so you know, JAMB is a scam. (emphasis on the conduct of the last 10 years)

You just helped in reiterating my point, especially looking at the emboldened phrase.

If you are damn sure of what you did and you can prove that the score obtained isn't actually yours, you have every right to take the matter up! In your own case, even after scoring 270, you weren't sure that. what you actually did in the exam was worth more than the 270..

It's a different thing knowing deep down in you heart that you scored higher but deciding to not take it up (due to several reasons, finances, time, post ume etc).

Contrary to you, the lad in question here is convinced with utmost certainty that the score he was given does not belong to him. He has even stated that he is ready to rewrite the exam if given the opportunity, just to get his 'proper' score or at least to get that self satisfaction. What else do you want from him?

Could you have said that, with your 270+ score You definitely couldn't afford such confidence.

I know how it feels to be in his position and the best I can do from here to encourage him is what I've done already in my previous posts and to wish him all the best.

There are some things I cannot share here on a public forum but...

Don't discourage people when you have no idea the battle they're facing cos you've never been there before.

Kwarapoly Admissions For 2011/2012 In Progress. / 20 Idioms And Their Meanings / This Is How Scientists Fooled You The Earth Is Round

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97