Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,281 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu (26541 Views)

Nigeria Should Tap Into The FHUCKIN Marijuana Market / NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand / Seun Kuti Reacts To Governor Akeredolu's Plan To Tap Into Marijuana Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by Sanromeo(m): 11:06am On May 14, 2019
Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, who is currently in Thailand with the Chairman of the National Drug Law Enforcement agency (NDLEA), Col. Muhammad Mustapha Abdallah rtd on visit for a Program on Medicinal Cannabis Extract Development, has said in a response to SaharaReporters on twitter, that his administration will focus on the legal Marijuana Market, which will in turn generate several billions of dollars and also provide thousands of jobs for the teeming youths.

In his tweets, "We all know that Ondo State is the hot bed of cannabis cultivation in Nigeria. We know how to grow it and it thrives well in the Sunshine State. With an estimated value of $145 Billion in 2025, we would be shortchanging ourselves if we failed t tap into the Legal Marijuana Market"

He stressed that "Our focus now is Medical Marijuana cultivation in controlled plantations under the full supervision of the @ndlea_nigeria. I strongly implore the FG to take this seriously as it is a thriving industry that will create 1000's of Jobs for our youth & spur Economic Diversification"

The Ondo State Government and the NDLEA are using the visit to access Thailand materials and best practises with the possibility of replicating them in Nigeria.

Ondo State is known as the largest in the planting of cannabis in Nigeria.

https://twitter.com/RotimiAkeredolu/status/1128191221204234242?s=19

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by izzou(m): 11:10am On May 14, 2019
grin grin grin

Gold
Limestone
Iron ore
And others.... What did we achieve with all these?

When the revenue start coming in, you'll will divert it into your personal pockets

33 Likes

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by Nobody: 11:15am On May 14, 2019
cool

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by hisexcellency34: 11:26am On May 14, 2019
Akeredolu smokes marijuana very well...i am not surprised

32 Likes

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by phelonrays: 11:43am On May 14, 2019
Good movegringrin

boy's ko like relocate be that ooo.... cheesy

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by spinna: 12:44pm On May 14, 2019
Fresh thinking... My blazing bros and sisters we are finally on the road to legalization!

151 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by TheTourist: 12:56pm On May 14, 2019
THEN THEY SHOULD START BY LEGALISING IT. YOU CANT BE RESEARCHING ABOUT SOMETHING CRIMINALISED IN YOUR COUNTRY AND THINK ITS A NOBLE EFFORT.

WASTE OF TAXPAYERS MONIES

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by nabiz(m): 1:03pm On May 14, 2019
Good idea. I think I Wil relocate to ur state. How much is house rent in that state.

17 Likes

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by Curlieweed: 1:17pm On May 14, 2019
Now, a Nigerian leader is actually thinking!

Kudos to you governor. I hope you walk the talk.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by id911(m): 2:25pm On May 14, 2019
GoTV:
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, i think this is wrong in all ramifications. Ondo has many natural resources that can be harnessed other than growing and selling weed. This are things you won't find up north and other Muslim nations yet Saudi Arabia is one of the richest countries on earth. I hope the Federal government kick against this abominable thought so as to preserve the dignity of we Christians sad

Sharap! You're not a Christian let alone a born again! That aside, what is even wrong with marijuana? Why ban marijuana that has so much health benefits but hypocritically turned around to embrace tobacco that contains nicotine which is dangerous to health?

Nigeria is a federal public and each state has constitutional rights to source for ways to sustain it

146 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by pacino26(m): 2:29pm On May 14, 2019
GoTV:
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, i think this is wrong in all ramifications. Ondo has many natural resources that can be harnessed other than growing and selling weed. This are things you won't find up north and other Muslim nations yet Saudi Arabia is one of the richest countries on earth. I hope the Federal government kick against this abominable thought so as to preserve the dignity of we Christians sad

Your views are as limited as the bouquet offered by your moniker.

This is a welcome development. We can't keep criminalising Heavenly given vegetables because some people got low metabolic levels.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by iluvdonjazzy: 2:42pm On May 14, 2019
for now it is still illegal, so let it remain illegal

1 Like

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by Destroyerofyeeb: 3:53pm On May 14, 2019
When sowore brought up the idea some daft youths on nairaland were talking rubbish. I guess even the governor himself is more enlightened than most of the dimwits youths we have these days.Carry go jare akeredolu

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 14, 2019
Picture 1: Akeredolu's vision
Picture 2: The Eventual outcome..

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:53pm On May 14, 2019
In his tweets, "We all know that Ondo State is the hot bed of cannabis cultivation in Nigeria. We know how to grow it and it thrives well in the Sunshine State. With an estimated value of $145 Billion in 2025, we would be shortchanging ourselves if we failed t tap into the Legal Marijuana Market"

He stressed that "Our focus now is Medical Marijuana cultivation in controlled plantations under the full supervision of the @ndlea_nigeria. I strongly implore the FG to take this seriously as it is a thriving industry that will create 1000's of Jobs for our youth & spur Economic Diversification"
Igbo smokers right now......

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by Pidginwhisper: 3:55pm On May 14, 2019
GoTV:
It's like you want to be unfortunate in life for continuously parading yourself as Christian? [[img]https:///media/12-24-2016/E1c7QP.gif[/img]

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by 12345baba(m): 3:55pm On May 14, 2019
Once it's done am moving to that state

12 Likes

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by streets2empire: 3:55pm On May 14, 2019
Good move by the governor. This could be a big money spinner for the state if they implement and monitor it properly. There is serious money in weed business.

1 Like

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by ken6488(m): 3:55pm On May 14, 2019
Nice...... But

grin to promote his boss business

If you know you know

1 Like

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by Badonasty(m): 3:55pm On May 14, 2019
Sanromeo:
Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, who is currently in Thailand with the Chairman of the National Drug Law Enforcement agency (NDLEA), Col. Muhammad Mustapha Abdallah rtd on visit for a Program on Medicinal Cannabis Extract Development, has said in a response to SaharaReporters on twitter, that his administration will focus on the legal Marijuana Market, which will in turn generate several billions of dollars and also provide thousands of jobs for the teeming youths.

The Ondo State Government and the NDLEA are using the visit to access Thailand materials and best practises with the possibility of replicating them in Nigeria.

Ondo State is known as the largest in the planting of cannabis in Nigeria.

https://twitter.com/RotimiAkeredolu/status/1128191221204234242?s=19

lol....na to legalize am for ondo state remain
Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by scribble: 3:55pm On May 14, 2019
smart
Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by coolfredo(m): 3:56pm On May 14, 2019
Mad men go plenty for de state aswear

2 Likes

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by fasho01(m): 3:56pm On May 14, 2019
Right step in the right direction.. Enough of the hypocrisy in this country

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 14, 2019
GoTV:
Keep shut! Useless trash producer

11 Likes

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 14, 2019
izzou:
grin grin grin

Gold
Limestone
Iron ore
And others.... What did we achieve with all these?

When the revenue start coming in, you'll will divert it into your personal pockets

Marijuana is easier to harness compared to those other resources you mentioned...

8 Likes

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by myresearch: 3:57pm On May 14, 2019
grin
Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by Mariangeles(f): 3:57pm On May 14, 2019
I hear it's a powerful painkiller and nerve calmer if it's not abused

1 Like

Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by ThinkSmarter: 3:57pm On May 14, 2019
Re: Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu by crestedaguiyi: 3:57pm On May 14, 2019
Member I sight u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jega: Patriotism Means To Stand By The Country Not By The President / Osinbajo Welcomes Newest Batch Of Nigerian Citizens By Naturalization / Ogoniland Declares Independence!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.