Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft (9054 Views)

Navy Arrests 14 Stowaways In Lagos / Nigerian Navy Arrests Man Trying To Bribe An Officer On NNS Pathfinder Photos / NDLEA Arrests Ghanaian, 2 Nigeriens, Recovers Tramadol Capsules, Meth, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by titiloyeblog: 10:11pm On May 14, 2019
@titiloyeblog.com

The Nigerian Navy has said it arrested nine foreign nationals alongside two boats and seven trucks over alleged stolen Petrol Motor Spirit (PMS) around the Atlas Cove area of Lagos.

The Commander, Nigerian Navy Ship (NNS) BEECROFT, Commodore Ibrahim Shettima said this while briefing reporters at the command in Apapa, Lagos.

He said the arrest of the products, suspects, boats and the trucks happened between May 10 and 12 at Atlas Cove Island and Nigeria-Benin Republic Border.

Commodore Shettima said: “On May 10 at about 2am, a patrol team deployed on the Atlas Cove Island discovered two trucks containing about 200 x 25 Litre Plastic Cans around Akaraba area on the Atlas Cove Island.

“Although no suspects were found at the scene, it is believed that the plastic cans were prepared for usage in storing illegally siphoned PMS from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) pipelines.

“In a separate incident on the same day, at about 5am, the patrol team also discovered another five trucks conveying about 70 x 25 Litre plastic cans around Abule Glass area on the Atlas Cove Island.

“It is opined that the vehicles were kept in preparation for the movement of stolen product from the NNPC pipelines.”

The Commander added that two boats and foreign nationals were also arrested by naval men on routine patrol along the Nigeria-Benin Boarder.

“On May 12 around 6pm, a naval boat on routine patrol along Nigeria-Benin Republic border intercepted two boats conveying a total of 85 x 250 Litre drums and another 150 X 25 Litre plastic cans suspected to be containing Premium Motor Spirit (PMS). This is believed to have been stolen from NNPC pipeline laid on the Atlas Cove Island.

“As at the time of the intercept, the two boats had a total of nine crew members comprising of one Ghanaian and eight Beninoise.

“Investigation into the matter is ongoing with the view to unraveling their local collaborators and accordingly, the vehicles and exhibits are in own custody and would be handed over to prosecuting agencies,” he said.

Shettima said the Atlas Cove Island accommodated an NNPC storage facility, which was operated and managed by the Pipelines and Product Marketing Company (PPMC) a subsidiary of NNPC.

“The facility is designed as a transit depot to supply refined product to other NNPC depots at Mosimi, Ore, Ibadan, and Shagamu areas. Over time, the facility is being threatened by activities of pipeline vandals and in a strive to checkmate this ugly trend, the base heightened patrols on the island and its waterfront,” he said.

He said the act of illegally trading in petroleum product around the Atlas Cove Island was unfortunate, adding that most of the illegalities were perpetrated with the collaboration and assistance of some unpatriotic Nigerians.

“It is worthy of note that the navy under the leadership of the Chief of the Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok-Ette Ibas is determined to rid our waterways and its connected creeks of all forms of criminality. NNS BEECROFT is therefore committed to assisting NNPC deal with the issue of petroleum product theft.

“The navy, therefore, uses this medium to warn oil thieves and other criminal elements particularly in our maritime environment to desist from these nefarious activities and pursue lawful means of livelihood,” he said.

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/05/the-nigerian-navy-has-said-it-arrested.html

Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by abdulyaro66(m): 10:45am On May 15, 2019
Ghanaians kuku dey do all this things pass Nigerians ...
But na person wey them cath Be thief grin

I’m still buying shaaaaa

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by tillaman(m): 10:45am On May 15, 2019
Why una nor show their faces now, I bet If it was these Niger/deltans their faces would be every where I don’t know what’s up with this country treating these criminals from 3rd world countries like they matter! Spits * very anyhow human beings them

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by Sellfish(m): 10:45am On May 15, 2019
I thought the whole point of parading suspects is for proper identification

How are we supposed to do that now with their backs facing the camera?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by King19957(m): 10:45am On May 15, 2019
Nice one
Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by henryboyspaco(m): 10:45am On May 15, 2019
ftc
Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by henryboyspaco(m): 10:46am On May 15, 2019
chai, who do me this kind thing na.... una no fit give me 2secs self embarassed embarassed embarassed
henryboyspaco:
ftc

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by jrusky(m): 10:46am On May 15, 2019
Ghanaian and Beninoise Alright
Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by nattty(m): 10:47am On May 15, 2019
I'll think about it wink
Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by preacherz: 10:50am On May 15, 2019
first in history.
a crime scene in African soil with other nationalities and non Nigerian( Igbos/Afonja)
we r getting there gradually

sai baba
Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by jekky10(m): 10:50am On May 15, 2019
Chigozie6757:
Read below it

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by Casptainspecial: 10:51am On May 15, 2019
Their sponsors ar the top billionaires in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by ken6488(m): 10:53am On May 15, 2019
No nigerian shocked. Wow
Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by omoluka: 10:54am On May 15, 2019
Clean infinix Hot S available for sale at 35000

Call: 07037618186

Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by jimi4us: 10:58am On May 15, 2019
Ghanaians are thieves
Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by Newshrink: 11:03am On May 15, 2019
Good news from my home country
Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by Nanatrendy(f): 11:03am On May 15, 2019
ken6488:
No nigerian shocked. Wow
a nigerian is definitely the mastermind behind it

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by ken6488(m): 11:12am On May 15, 2019
Nanatrendy:
thought of that.... grin
Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by Nobody: 11:19am On May 15, 2019
Nanatrendy:
You Ghanaians are Criminals I like the way Nigerian Government start Arresting you useless burnt charcoal criminals idiot.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by spiritedtete: 11:31am On May 15, 2019
These ones didn't settle... Stupid and corrupt Nigerian elements

"And all this good job thingy".... Those guys will be realise soon too
Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by chrisagyei: 11:37am On May 15, 2019
Nanatrendy:
my dear,please don't involve yourself and watch them rant from a distance.They hardly hear such news of a Ghanaian involved in crime in Nigeria or even Africa.They have being waiting for this for ages so they can spill their vile hates.Who is more into crime than Nigerians.Nigerians committing crimes in Ghana is a daily activity and are in millions in Ghana doing all form of illegal activities.There were 8 Benin citizens and just 1 so called Ghanaian buh they only talk about this unidentified so called Ghanaian whilst the case has not being investigated.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by vicysegun: 11:46am On May 15, 2019
I dont knw anyone that is black and caught stealing is called a Nigerian..Thank God we begining to see justice.. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by BlackSaints: 11:50am On May 15, 2019
Nanatrendy:
Your Ghana brother will riot in Nigeria prison for all entirety grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scijw5Ka83A

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by Nobody: 11:56am On May 15, 2019
chrisagyei:
my dear,please don't involve yourself and watch them rant from a distance.They hardly hear such news of a Ghanaian involved in crime in Nigeria or even Africa.They have being waiting for this for ages so they can spill their vile hates.Who is more into crime than Nigerians.Nigerians committing crimes in Ghana is a daily activity and are in millions in Ghana doing all form of illegal activities.There were 8 Benin citizens and just 1 so called Ghanaian buh they only talk about this unidentified so called Ghanaian whilst the case has not being investigated.
I thought you said that you Ghanaians have demonize Nigeria name in your country, So why are you crying? We are only returning the favour grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by mysticwarrior(m): 12:32pm On May 15, 2019
chrisagyei:
Ghanaian criminals are much more vicious than any other African criminals.
Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by Just30: 1:20pm On May 15, 2019
BlackSaints:
Your Ghana brother will riot in Nigeria prison for all entirety grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scijw5Ka83A
the only people we know to be rotting in prisons are Nigerians
they for 90% of the Ghanaian prison population
Re: Nigerian Navy Arrests Ghanaian, Eight Beninoise For Oil Theft by chrisagyei: 3:03pm On May 15, 2019
Allen02:
I thought you said that you Ghanaians have demonize Nigeria name in your country, So why are you crying? We are only returning the favour grin grin
please I didn't quote you so stop tryna be relevant.What do you know about Ghana and me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Same-sex Marriage, Still Prohibited In Nigeria - Police / Man Arraigned For Allegedly Abducting 15-Year-Old Girl / Abia Community Arrests 3 Men For Stealing Battery From Communication Mast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.