Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,178 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Advice On Electricity Prepaid Meter - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice On Electricity Prepaid Meter (1734 Views)

How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter / How Much Do You Spend On Electricity Bill Monthly / IKEDC Prepaid Meter (MOJEC): How To Solve “REJECT” Token Issues. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Electricity Prepaid Meter by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 16, 2019
So I rented this house, the owner lied that he was processing a prepaid meter, I spent three years paying estimated bills 10k per month, so when the NEPA people saw the outstanding bills in our community is too much , they brought free prepaid meter that they will attach to pole for everyone, and before you can recharge the Meter, you will have to pay all your outstanding bills or help you factorize half of the money so you can pay little by little every month.. So I finished paying almost 100k of outstanding bills.. Months later I want to move to another place.. My question is can I remove the meter when I'm living to continue using it in my new place, as the meter wasnt procured by the landlord and he was the reason I had to pay such huge money because he didn't provided prepaid meter as promised on time

1 Like

Re: Advice On Electricity Prepaid Meter by dawnomike(m): 3:28pm On May 16, 2019
Visit the customer care of the electricity distributor company in your area... your meter can be re-routed to the zone you are moving to.
Re: Advice On Electricity Prepaid Meter by Skyfornia(m): 4:13pm On May 16, 2019
I'd like to know too
Re: Advice On Electricity Prepaid Meter by Nobody: 11:56am On May 17, 2019
What I'm asking is, can I claim the meter to be mine? And go with it when I'm leaving? Or does it belong to the house and the landlord
dawnomike:
Visit the customer care of the electricity distributor company in your area... your meter can be re-routed to the zone you are moving to.
Re: Advice On Electricity Prepaid Meter by deleson: 1:23pm On May 19, 2019
The meter is the property of the electricity company (government).

Visit their office. They can reroute it for you, but it’s certainly not your property.

burticious:
So I rented this house, the owner lied that he was processing a prepaid meter, I spent three years paying estimated bills 10k per month, so when the NEPA people saw the outstanding bills in our community is too much , they brought free prepaid meter that they will attach to pole for everyone, and before you can recharge the Meter, you will have to pay all your outstanding bills or help you factorize half of the money so you can pay little by little every month.. So I finished paying almost 100k of outstanding bills.. Months later I want to move to another place.. My question is can I remove the meter when I'm living to continue using it in my new place, as the meter wasnt procured by the landlord and he was the reason I had to pay such huge money because he didn't provided prepaid meter as promised on time
kiss
Re: Advice On Electricity Prepaid Meter by Geosystem(m): 3:30pm On May 19, 2019
Bros am afraid that meter is for that particular property since you didn't purchase it with your money using any of those advance payment schemes in purchasing a prepaid meter. Move out and forget the meter and do try and ensure there is a meter in your next apartment else you will keep Paying more for electricity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice On Electricity Prepaid Meter by Geosystem(m): 3:30pm On May 19, 2019
Bros am afraid that meter is for that particular property since you didn't purchase it with your money using any of those advance payment schemes in purchasing a prepaid meter. Move out and forget the meter and do try and ensure there is a meter in your next apartment else you will keep Paying more for electricity

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Father's Day: Senator Shehu Sani Poses With His Lookalike Sons / Dear Mameette- Personal Advice Column / At 28 His Anty Scolded Him For Hosting His Girlfriend In His Room.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.