Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here (31202 Views)

Career Opportunity For Engineers And Geologists - Pdms 12.1 Training At Megatek / Oil & Gas Opportunities In Canada(for Petroleum Engrs, Geologists,mining Engrs) / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by Raxxye(m): 8:50am On Jan 22, 2012
osaki:

I found this article very interesting for Geologist and Geophysicist, so u can read it now!
http://www.mlaresources.com/recruitersperspective.html

Quite an eye-opener. Thanks a lot
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by osaki(m): 10:53am On Jan 22, 2012
@RaXXy Quite an eye-opener. Thanks a lot , I know young Geoscientists will like it,I
appreciate ok!

1 Like

Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by Raxxye(m): 8:30pm On Jan 22, 2012
osaki:

@RaXXy Quite an eye-opener. Thanks a lot , I know young Geoscientists will like it,I
appreciate ok!
Yea, Osaki, I definitely do like it. We look forward for more. Thanks again.
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by mycvclinic: 7:42pm On Jan 23, 2012
Hello Raxxye,

Thanks for your response. I have noted your questions and they will definitely be added to the set of questions being compiled for the second part of the feature of a Geology professional, 

This week, we featured an Architect. You can read the excerpts of his interview by following this link http://thekrine..com/2012/01/professional-of-week-architect.html

Every Monday, a Professional is featured under the "Professional of The Week" feature on my blog http://mycvclinic..com/. The aim is to enable students, jobseekers, professionals etc to get an insight of the world within a particular profession; helping them to develop the  required skills and professional training to pursue a career in such a field.

Please feel free to leave your questions for every professional I feature. This will make the subsequent interview of a professional for that field more enlightening and beneficial to readers.

Cheers

Raxxye:

Thank you,mycvclinic. I hope my response isn‘t coming too late.
I would like to ask her/him these question:
1. What‘s your advice for young, inexperienced Nigerian geologists/geophysicists who are finding it very difficult to secure jobs as a result of their inexperience? Industrial training, which would have provided these experience, while still in school, are not also easy to come by lately.
2. There are speculations that the world is running out of crude oil. What‘s your take on this, and what does the future hold for geoscientists if these speculations are indeed true?
@mycvclinic. How do we get to know the professional you will interview next? I would want to follow it irrespective of the profession.     
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by Raxxye(m): 7:49pm On Jan 23, 2012
mycvclinic:

Hello Raxxye,

Thanks for your response. I have noted your questions and they will definitely be added to the set of questions being compiled for the second part of the feature of a Geology professional, 

This week, we featured an Architect. You can read the excerpts of his interview by following this link http://mycvclinic..com/2012/01/professional-of-week-architect.html

Every Monday, a Professional is featured under the "Professional of The Week" feature on my blog http://mycvclinic..com/. The aim is to enable students, jobseekers, professionals etc to get an insight of the world within a particular profession; helping them to develop the  required skills and professional training to pursue a career in such a field.

Please feel free to leave your questions for every professional I feature. This will make the subsequent interview of a professional for that field more enlightening and beneficial to readers.

Cheers

Thanks, mycvclinic. I really appreciate what u're doing.
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 30, 2012
The attached file may interest MSc graduates in Geology considering doctoral studies in US.
For more information on graduate studies in US, click on www.graduate-studies..com

Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by jazinogold(m): 12:23am On Feb 02, 2012
am a 3oo level geology student, please i need ur assitance on aw to get I.T placement in any of d oil and gas companies in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by egbeman1: 8:54am On Feb 02, 2012
I read geology fron unimaid.am based in lagos and currently unemployed.pls can someone help me wit any kinda job to enhance my cv.tanks
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by ow11(m): 9:45am On Feb 02, 2012
egbeman1:

I read geology fron unimaid.am based in lagos and currently unemployed.pls can someone help me wit any kinda job to enhance my cv.tanks

No one would angry and should angry

Can Nigerians stop with this self-defeatist attitude! 'I beg you' 'Help me'. . . . When did anybody get anywhere by begging? Have you bothered to visit proper forums and sell yourself positively without looking like a half wit.

This thread is meant to exchange ideas and possibly get a bit of guidance BUT someone has come in looking for 'anything'. Kai! angry

1 Like

Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by egbeman1: 11:57am On Feb 02, 2012
@ow11,u re a clown.U bera learn to talk.olorioburuku
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by ow11(m): 12:12pm On Feb 02, 2012
^^^

One of the best things you would ever do for yourself as a man is to heed this advice! If it embarasses you that I have called you out, You should be quite aware that you put yourself in that mess by 'begging' or soliciting for 'help'.

There is no shame in learning a new tact no matter how late. I do hope you come to that self realisation that you have received all the help you would ever need and today you are literate and healthy. The rest of it is up to you.

Do not go on with life thinking that your existence depends on the goodwill of anyone else you will remain subservient to whoever throws you a bone. There are many ways to be successful and many different ideas of success. Choose what you would term as success, work hard to achieve it and quit 'begging'.

On a side note, If you have geological queries, feel free to express them.
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by yamakuza: 7:19pm On Feb 07, 2012
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by shinomba: 1:59pm On Feb 24, 2012
can you connect me to a gold miner or a gold mining company, a handsome reward await you. ebenezeroladimeji09@yahoo.com
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by mkmyers45(m): 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2012
Hello Fellow Geologist and Engrs

Any fellow in the room who is interested on working on ore genesis study/exploration and beneficiation project?? I will be looking to connect to you all

1 Like

Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by Godspikin: 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2012
mkmyers45: Hello Fellow Geologist and Engrs

Any fellow in the room who is interested on working on ore genesis study/exploration and beneficiation project?? I will be looking to connect to you all

I am highly interested, kindly email details to ayimoro.gmila@gmail.com
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by aloepower: 7:04pm On Oct 23, 2012
@mkmyers45 please am also interested kemisolataiwo@yahoo.com
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by Tarryl20: 6:03pm On Oct 25, 2012
Hello Granites, am glad to be in this family. As a geologist with keen interest in the oil and gas sector, baging some certified courses or going for a masters, which one do you think should be appropriate for now
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by 0Edward0(m): 7:00am On Dec 19, 2012
@all any geologist or reservoir/petroleum engineer thats needs the petrel software with sample data and a demo project can contact me on 08063551165. The software comes with the full licence. I do not offer tutorials but I can make available materials upon request. Thanks.
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:54am On May 17, 2013
This thread is going 6ft... why na? Geologist in d house, Come and keep this thread alive.

1 Like

Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by mayorbaron(m): 4:00pm On Jun 13, 2013
in nigerian today, do u think it's possible for a young granite who graduated with a second class lower to get a job in oil and gas companies like chevron, shell, total etc?
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by aduhube: 8:54am On Jun 14, 2013
Geoscience opportunities now everywhere in Nigeria. But not seeable to everyone.
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by aduhube: 8:57am On Jun 14, 2013
mayorbaron: in nigerian today, do u think it's possible for a young granite who graduated with a second class lower to get a job in oil and gas companies like chevron, shell, total etc?

Learn an industry-needed software such as petrel. Go for masters. Try small geoscience companies, get job experience and before u know, you're already in shell

1 Like

Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by raynold(m): 9:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
hey house, please I am studying
geology at Nnamdi Azikiwe
university Awka.. And will really
like to know good books that can
help me out till my final year in
the school. I am a 200L student..
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by Iaz93: 11:02am On Aug 26, 2013
this thread is dying. .
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by raynold(m): 12:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
Iaz93: this thread is dying. .
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by jazinogold(m): 5:50am On Aug 27, 2013
0Edward0: @all any geologist or reservoir/petroleum engineer thats needs the petrel software with sample data and a demo project can contact me on 08063551165. The software comes with the full licence. I do not offer tutorials but I can make available materials upon request. Thanks.
please i need the petrel software
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by 0Edward0(m): 1:24am On Aug 28, 2013
jazinogold: please i need the petrel software
where is your location
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by jazinogold(m): 10:34am On Aug 28, 2013
i dy lagos.
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by agboolajohn08: 12:41pm On Aug 28, 2013
Pls am a HND graduate in mineral resources engineering,mining option with upper credit award from federal polytechnic Ado Ekiti,Ekiti state since 2002,pls can any one link me up with job?am currently in ph.
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by yxizzy(f): 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hi, I'm a geologist in making. Currently, I'm studying GeOlogy and mining. Pls can someone help me wit a contact to any suitable place for my IT, I need some where I can equally learn. Sylviatexy@yahoo.com
Re: Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here by Adola1(m): 9:37am On Aug 29, 2013
IT GOOD THAT GREAT GEOLOGIST ARE MEETING HERE. IM A GEOLOGIST DOING A JOB WITH A PRIVATE BH COMPANY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations / 'I Left My Last Job Because My Boss Put His Hands On A Female Employee' - Man / Keke Napep Driver Returns N582,400 Forgotten By Female Trader (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.