Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,359 members, 7,836,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Suicide. Not An Option!!? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Suicide. Not An Option!!? (300 Views)

Kpokpogri & Janemena: Daddy Freeze Reacts Viral Audio, Says Divorce Is An Option / HIV Positive Chika Michael Ekezie Attempts Suicide Over Status / Stephen Atanga 'Don Little': I Nearly Committed Suicide Cause Of My Small Size (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suicide. Not An Option!!? by bidexer(m): 10:52am On May 17, 2019
SUICIDE. NOT AN OPTION!!!

As I was going through somethings on my phone, I felt a need to address this menace that is fast prevailing in our society especially amidst young people.
Friends it is high time we all addressed this issue on our various social media platforms.

like I often tell my students and listeners, "you cannot discuss a subject until you have known the meaning and what it is all about"

WHAT IS SUICIDE

The word "SUICIDE" is an intentional killing of oneself.

From the concise definition above, one can deduce that suicide is an "intentional" act.
In other words, before a person will finally succumb to this menace called suicide, such a person would have been thinking and finally fall into a depressed mode before concluding that there is no better option other than to commit suicide.

CAUSES OF SUICIDE.

There are many things that can cause suicide at least from what many of its victims have said in the notes they left behind. But here are few major things that cause suicide:

1. Depression
2. Discouragement
3. Unexpected dissapointment
4. Shame/ mockery
5. Failure
6. Unnecessary pressure from people
7. Sadness.

Listed above are some major causes of suicide.

Let me state it categorically that all those things listed above are normal life experiences that we all are likely to face at one point in time of our lives.
The fact that you are facing yours now does not mean it is over. There are millions of people who are facing theirs silently as well but they are still hopeful that the best will come.

We are all human and it is normal that many atimes, issues of life tends to weigh us down but we must never succumb to that act of cowardice i. e giving up and losing hope!

Friends, there are lots of good things in life that you can still live to enjoy.

*There are wonderful edifice that you can still build...
*There are several luxurious cars and even jets that you need to acquire...
*There are several lovely places on earth that you need to visit...
*There are several lovely people that you need to meet..
*There are several sumptuous meal and drinks that you need to devour...
So, tell me why hurriedly go to the grave when there are lots of goodies to be enjoyed??

POSSIBLE SOLUTION TO DEPRESSION.

*Open up to a spiritual leader
*Keep friends.
*Open up to your friends.
*Meet people.
*Dont be too reserved.
*Get busy
*Avoid staying alone all the time...
*Listen/ watch comedy or jokes
*Pray
*Study the word of God.

SUICIDE. NOT AN OPTION!!!

# Pls share on your wall. You may be helping someone unknowningly.

Written by Abidemi Godwin Olarewaju

©Godwin.

Pls mods help move to front page, it may save lives.
@Lalastica

1 Like

Re: Suicide. Not An Option!!? by majamajic(m): 11:00am On May 17, 2019
this life wey dey sweet
Re: Suicide. Not An Option!!? by mysteryman2014: 11:00am On May 17, 2019
True

1 Like

Re: Suicide. Not An Option!!? by bidexer(m): 12:09pm On May 17, 2019
majamajic:
this life wey dey sweet
abi o my brother.. Let's tell dem o

(1) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Gifts N50k To Instagram Troll Who Always Insulted Her / Blogger Okoro Blessing Arrested By Owner Of The House She Claimed Was Hers / Meet The Spanish Teenagers’ Hunters Of Celebrities Spelling Errors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.