Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,830 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan (18918 Views)

My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha / Adeleke Reacts To Suit Seeking His Sack From Senate, Reveals ‘sponsor’ / How Buhari Directed Me To Initiate Shehu Sani ‘s Recall From Senate – El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 17, 2019
Ekweremadu’s constituents reject his proposed 2023 retirement from Senate

The people of Enugu West Senatorial Zone have rejected the decision by the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, not to return to the senate in 2023.
They said that they have the final say on whether their representative will return to the Senate in 2023 or not.
Ekweremadu had last weekend during his birthday in Enugu declared that he would not be contesting for the Senate again, having been re-elected for the fifth time.
But, the in a statement, his constituents said, “in truth, His Excellency, Sen. Ike Ekweremadu is a man of history whose destiny is intertwined with the yearning and aspirations of his people. In real term, we, his people have the final say on where he goes to on our behalf in 2023.”

The Concerned Citizens of Enugu West Senatorial District is statement was signed by Alex Ogbonna, S.K.E Udeh Okoye, Chigozie Akalusi, Hon Donatus Uzogbado, Ralp Onovo, Mike Chukwu and Princess Chioma Chiaha.
They pointed that Ekweremadu has a right to his opinions, “but we, his people, have the final word, as always, in his political decisions, now and in the future.
“Senator Ike Ekweremadu, Ph.D, CFR, Deputy Senate President during his 57th birthday celebration recently in Enugu State to the effect that he will not be seeking re-election into the Senate come 2023.
“While our respect and admiration for the Distinguished Senator remains unshaken, we are minded to state that Senator Ike Ekweremadu is a product of our collective mandate and to that extent answerable to his constituents in all matters relating to his services to our people; including his decisions concerning his political future in 2023.
“As a people, we reserve the right to determine where Sen. Ike Ekweremadu’s services are most suitable for the overall interest of our people. At the appropriate time, we will decide if we are best served by his continued stay in the Senate or otherwise.

Read

“We are certain that in his meteoric rise to prominence in Nigeria and the world at large, he has had little or no control in determining his choice of service to his people. For instance, it was members of his age grade in Mpu that collectively decided to entrust him with the chairmanship of the age grade at a time he least expected it at the tender age of 10.

“The same is true about the decision of the entire Mpu community to elect him as the President-General of the Town Union. His election as the Executive Chairman of Aninri LG was also the outcome of the collective decision of the Leaders of Thought of Aninri LGA.
“His becoming the Chief of Staff to former Governor Chimaroke Nnamani and later the Secretary to the Enugu State Government was also a fortuitous interplay of forces involving the former governor and other major stakeholders in Enugu State at that time who wanted him to serve in such capacities.

“The same is true of his election into the Senate in 2003, which was a collective decision of the people of Enugu-West. Of significance is the fact that in his recent re-election into the Senate for a record 5th term, the decision was not his but a collective resolve of the people of Enugu-West who themselves bought the nomination form for him.

“We also make bold to state that his emergence as the Deputy Senate President for a record third term was not of his own volition but by the collective approval of his colleagues in the Senate who saw in him an uncommon trait and capacity to serve in that position.
“In essence, Sen. Ike Ekweremadu’s political trajectory could be likened to the wind, which you can hear but cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. In the same vein, no one can actually explain how Ike Ekweremadu got to where he is today; but one thing that is certain is that he did not ascend to any of the aforementioned positions by his own volition or decision but by the Will of God and the consent of his people.

“Thus far, we are satisfied with his stewardship since he emerged on our political horizon as a leader. He has represented us effectively and has attracted numerous democracy dividends to our people.

“We, therefore, charge him to raise the bar on his performance in the 9th Senate, which will soon be inaugurated and keep the flag of his illustrious performance aloft. Presently, let us concentrate on the task ahead essentially because we know that emerging events will define our preferences in 2023.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/ekweremadus-constituents-reject-his-proposed-2023-retirement-from-senate/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by SLAP44: 10:25pm On May 17, 2019
Ikeoha

They said he must represent them in 2023, the man has tried for them sha, not like one man that drives their people money in bullion vans to the north.

I no mention names o grin

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 17, 2019
Only in enugu state will u hear this kind of rubbish.
Energising a known criminal.......a fraudster..
Some who change Senate rules...
God have mercy.

47 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by SLAP44: 10:32pm On May 17, 2019
Osagyefo98:

God have mercy.

Tinubu did worse in your brown roof Republic

140 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:33pm On May 17, 2019
Osagyefo98:

God have mercy.

Tinubu and Ganduje are saints abi

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by Bizmagnet: 10:33pm On May 17, 2019
He's probably the best and most trustworthy Representative in his constituency to have been given such a go-ahead.

Your clients base is your constituency as a business man; your audience is also your constituency as a passionate writers or aspiring your bloggers.
Contact through my signature to get your website/blog/software today.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by amaniro: 10:34pm On May 17, 2019
Their constituency. their business

8 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 17, 2019
SLAP44:

Tinubu did worse in your brown roof Republic

If u hv delight at insulting person wey no attack then I pity for enugu state as a whole.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 17, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Tinubu and Ganduje are saints abi

That's how u guys celebrate a known thief.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by SLAP44: 10:48pm On May 17, 2019
Osagyefo98:

That's how u guys celebrate a known thief.

Like Tinubu

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 17, 2019
SLAP44:

Like Tinubu

Ifele mee unu nile

Just that u were told the truth n uu start calling ethnicity on their own....

I never see how people can go far to defend a thug, a thief, a pure criminal...

Oku gbagbukwa ya.

Ekweremmadu is a thief.

DsP with no portfolio.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by senatordave1(m): 10:57pm On May 17, 2019
SLAP44:

Like Tinubu
Is tinubu in the nass or holding any post ?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by SLAP44: 10:59pm On May 17, 2019
senatordave1:

Is tinubu in the nass or holding any post ?

Does he own and operate bullion vans?

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by SLAP44: 11:02pm On May 17, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Ifele mee unu nile

Oku gbagbukwa ya.

Ekweremmadu is a thief.

DsP with no portfolio.

Direct your anger to your region. Ekweremadu is not the reason why your cities of Ibadan, abiokute, osbogbo and akure are like this

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 17, 2019
I'm yet to see this kind of stupidity. Does it mean they don't have any other person to represent them at the Senate in 2023?
Well, I guess those with this opinion are the few who benefit from his landordism at the Senate. undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by Flyingngel(m): 3:26am On May 18, 2019
Osagyefo98 post:O

only in enugu state will u hear this kind of rubbish.

God have mercy.

Show me a Nigerian politician who is a saint?
I don't hold brief for him but interms of providing dividend of democracy for his people believe me he has tried.
I can conveniently tell you if IKEOHA decided to continue in the senate for a longtime he will get it.
Why do i know this? Because i served as a corp member in his village and also conducted his election.
Why is it that we cherished United States Senators who have served their people for 30 years with standing applause but tend to downgrade our own that has perform.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by Olatunji1929: 4:36am On May 18, 2019
Flyingngel:

God have mercy.

I don't hold brief for him but interms of providing dividend of democracy for his people believe me he has tried.
I can conveniently tell you if IKEOHA decided to continue in the senate for a longtime he will get it.
Why do i know this? Because i served as a corp member in his village and also conducted his election.
Why is it that we cherished United States Senators who have served their people for 30 years with standing applause but tend to downgrade our own that has perform.
thanks my bro here is the answer

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by ablelin: 5:04am On May 18, 2019
Revolution isnt coming soon in this country cos we don't have one voice. It is the work of the people of his constituency to say if they want him or not, but he was the one that said Ben Bruce opinion of looking at the possibility of electrical car should not be allowed to fly because we have to sell our oil.. a very backward thinking...

Do you want to learn to get motivated, learn about skills and strategies in business or academics, or you want to learn from the likes of Lee Yuan Kew, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Thomas Sankara, Robert Kiyosaki, you need counseling and guidance to success in life, or you want to take an introvert or IQ test, then visit here
Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by Basic123: 5:59am On May 18, 2019
Igbo and hypocrisy are like 5 and 6

Ekweremadu 20yrs in Senate=No problem,we Igbo are not slaves

Tinubu-left political office in 2007, to dymistify Tinubu and disgrace him is their national political goal.

Pety childish hypocritical tribe!

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by Nobody: 6:07am On May 18, 2019
SLAP44:

Direct your anger to your region. Ekweremadu is not the reason why your cities of Ibadan, abiokute, osbogbo and akure are like this

grin grin

U guys are now fond of attacking others without their provocation...

Very childish.

Meanwhile Ekweremmadu is a thief.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by moriss33(m): 6:13am On May 18, 2019
Oga you just called someone who doesn't even know you exist a Fraudster now someone comes for you & you call it attack ??.....Hypocrite that's your other name .. What evidence do you have that he is a fraudster ?? Has he ever been convicted ?....apart from media trials by EFCC ? Don't you know it is defamation ?....you won't accuse people with evidence you will just sit down in your house and then type rubbish. Go get some manners !!!
Osagyefo98:

If u hv delight at insulting person wey no attack then I pity for enugu state as a whole.

7 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by Nobody: 6:19am On May 18, 2019
Flyingngel:

God have mercy.

Worked inn which village that looks like somalia.
This is stale.

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by Nobody: 6:29am On May 18, 2019
moriss33:
Oga you just called someone who doesn't even know you exist a Fraudster now someone comes for you & you call it attack ??.....Hypocrite that's your other name .. What evidence do you have that he is a fraudster ?? Has he ever been convicted ?....apart from media trials by EFCC ? Don't you know it is defamation ?....you won't accuse people with evidence you will just sit down in your house and then type rubbish. Go get some manners !!!

Your leaders have been knnown as thieves from loud mouth Jim Nwobodo, to nnamani...
And to grand father of stealing Ekweremmadu.

Ikeoha for aninri his village.

Stop celebrating criminals.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by moriss33(m): 6:46am On May 18, 2019
My leaders ??.....you must have mistaken me for someone else.
Oga I only corrected you.
Osagyefo98:

Your leaders have been knnown as thieves from loud mouth Jim Nwobodo, to nnamani...
And to grand father of stealing Ekweremmadu.

Ikeoha for aninri his village.

Stop celebrating criminals.

5 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by BuhariAdvocate: 6:48am On May 18, 2019
He is using their taxpayer to oppress them. This is not a collective opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by helinues: 6:54am On May 18, 2019
And if you asked them to name 5 tangible projects he has given them for almost 2 decades, Na Tinubu's name Dem go dey mentioned

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by Nobody: 6:55am On May 18, 2019
moriss33:
My leaders ??.....you must have mistaken me for someone else.
Oga I only corrected you.

Then stop celebrating thieves.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by kernel01: 6:55am On May 18, 2019
Osagyefo98:

God have mercy.

Go and hand yourself. After voting Kashamu into the Senate, one of the most wanted American Drug lord, you're talking morality, mbom.

3 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by kernel01: 6:57am On May 18, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Pity the slavery that have enveloped you under Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by kernel01: 6:58am On May 18, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Ifele mee unu nile

Oku gbagbukwa ya.

Ekweremmadu is a thief.

DsP with no portfolio.

Ifele mee onye muru gi.

5 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by Nobody: 6:59am On May 18, 2019
kernel01:

Pity the slavery that have enveloped you under Tinubu.

What concerns me with tinubu nkakwu a?

3 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu’s Constituents Reject His 2023 Retirement From Senate Plan by Nobody: 7:03am On May 18, 2019
kernel01:

Ifele mee onye muru gi.

U should be ashamed of yourself defending a thief.

Onye ohi.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stop Smoking Indian Hemp, Obiano Warns Police Officers / Bolaji Owasanoye, 136 Others Short-Listed For SAN Rank / Tanko Muhammad Swears In Eight Supreme Court Judges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.