Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,136 members, 7,863,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:34 AM

Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool (16585 Views)

Poll: Which team will lift the Champion's cup?

AC Milan: 58% (69 votes)
Liverpool: 41% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

AC Milan Vs Barcelona - UCL (2 - 0) On 20th February 2013 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 24, 2007
hustler:

On the contrary if u had taken time to remove the dirt in your eyes you would have noticed that the midfield of Liverpool was extraordinarily packed so as to contain the likes of Seedorf and Kaka. This freed Pirlo more as he was able to make some effective distributions yesterday.

You would have also noticed that Liverpool played with 1 striker which is unlike them because they wanted to neutralize the threat from mainly Kaka and Seedorf.For me Kaka's nutmeg on Riise and Mascherano in the 1st half was enough entertainment for me and seeing Maldini lift that trophy yet again was just enough for me.

If they had started with 2 strikers, we would have wrapped that game up in the 1st half.

The beauty of tactical football which may take you years to understand really fascinates me. It's not all about the end to end stuff u normally see in your usual premiership games.

What you saw yesterday was a purely tactical game b/w the 2 of the best coaches in the world trying to outwit themselves.

Next time be sober when you want to watch these kind of matches and stay off the "paraga' so you see clearly.

Ouch! Ouch!! Ouch!!!
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 24, 2007
italians ;d
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by somze(f): 2:39pm On May 24, 2007
I have not been this serious in responding to some spurious claims about teams for sometime, but i guess i've been hustled on grin

On the contrary if u had taken time to remove the dirt in your eyes you would have noticed that the midfield of Liverpool was extraordinarily packed so as to contain the likes of Seedorf and Kaka. This freed Pirlo more as he was able to make some effective distributions yesterday.
I must have had a lot of dirts in my eyes indeed, Pirlo making what distributions? i'm laughin my ass out. Where, when, to whom? Though i noticed a lot of miserable attempts at trying to pass the ball.

You would have also noticed that Liverpool played with 1 striker which is unlike them because they wanted to neutralize the threat from mainly Kaka and Seedorf.
You have clearly shown you do not watch english football. Liverpool employs this tactics wheneva they play with big teams and may i remind you that milan had only 1 striker too (and a lucky one at that).

For me Kaka's nutmeg on Riise and Mascherano in the 1st half was enough entertainment for me and seeing Maldini lift that trophy yet again was just enough for me.
Shows how biased the fans are against chelsea. When we crowd and stifle the midfield they cry wolf and label us "boring". When others do it, its entertaining. P-L-E-A-S-E.

If they had started with 2 strikers, we would have wrapped that game up in the 1st half.
What of it you had two strikers?

The beauty of tactical football which may take you years to understand really fascinates me. It's not all about the end to end stuff u normally see in your usual premiership games.
I guess it's tactics only when you say so, yes?

What you saw yesterday was a purely tactical game b/w the 2 of the best coaches in the world trying to outwit themselves.
That was the excuse our Manager used after the FA cup before being[i] hustled[/i] by the media and every non-chelsea fan.

Next time be sober when you want to watch these kind of matches and stay off the "paraga' so you see clearly.
No need, the match was sobering in itself. Still cant believe it was a final.
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by somze(f): 2:44pm On May 24, 2007
@mukina
You dont want to bump heads with me wink
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 24, 2007
Shame on you all. you are a disgrace to England clubs. Arsenal's virus as caught up with Liverpool. This will be the second time an England team will get to final without lifting the trophy. Wait and let Chelsea gets there  angry
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by mukina2: 2:55pm On May 24, 2007
dason4life:

Shame on you all. you are a disgrace to England clubs. Arsenal's virus as caught up with Liverpool. This will be the second time an England team will get to final without lifting the trophy. Wait and let Chelsea gets there  angry

this is the part were we fight right? angry grin

somze angry tongue
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 24, 2007
Ferguson supported A.C Milan and am sure he will be very happy. In future he will say " I said it Milan will win the trophy since they were able to defeat my team, then njo other team can stop them"
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by mukina2: 3:07pm On May 24, 2007
i hate gay angry

i do not care where he supported tongue

Its ur post about Arsenal angry

mind yaself o cheesy grin

where's somze . .i dey miss am grin
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by Iman3(m): 3:08pm On May 24, 2007
mukiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii tongue Where are your trophies?
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by mukina2: 3:31pm On May 24, 2007
sharrap dere I-Man angry tongue

you guys have no shame .you lost ur final match grin
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by agbola(m): 3:52pm On May 24, 2007
@ somze
i don't understand why you liverpool fans believe it is only benitez that knows how to use tactics,
to be honest and fair, benitez started the game well, trying to stiffle the midfield with his zonal marking of pirlo, seedorf and kaka, making sure they were always closed down whenever they touched the ball (alonso and mascherano did wondeful work here). he also decided to use the flanks with pennant and zenden knowing well dat jankolovski and oddo will have problems when they overlapped. But ancelotti was smart to read ur game, and ac milan thanks to their lucky and smart 1st goal decided to play the waiting game with you in the 2nd half making gattuso and ambrosini assist their full backs and stay back to follow u in ur stifle the midfield game.

What all liverpool fans forgot is that the italians are the masters in this game of patience and ac milan has always had the quality to turn their few half-chances into goals and inzaghi showed this class by scoring those 2 goals.

Liverpool fans should not blame any1 for lacking the quality upfront 2 score the desired goals. If no be shot or those una mumu scrappy goals which other way una dey take score. Crouch impressed me and showed his class, but gerrard must blame himself for missin dat gift of a chance that he was given

[color=#006600][color=#006600][b][b][b]In summary Liverpool walked home alone and i hope dey learned this lessons

Lesson 1; Always take ur chances when they come u'll regret it if u don't

Lesson 2; Next season, take some risk, buy some quality players who can turn benitez's beautiful tactics into good results

Lesson 3; next time neva play an italian team d way u did last nite, dat's wat dey r used 2 in their league (dey invented it) and dey know how 2 use it to their advantage

Lesson 4; don't underestimate inzaghi
[/b][/b][/color][/color][/b]

@ mukina
i've been watchin u and all d bad blood u keep raisin evry where u go, stop tryin 2 remove d speck in evry1s eye without first removing the log in ur own eye
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by agbola(m): 3:57pm On May 24, 2007
@ somze
i don't understand why you liverpool fans believe it is only benitez that knows how to use tactics,
to be honest and fair, benitez started the game well, trying to stiffle the midfield with his zonal marking of pirlo, seedorf and kaka, making sure they were always closed down whenever they touched the ball (alonso and mascherano did wondeful work here). he also decided to use the flanks with pennant and zenden knowing well dat jankolovski and oddo will have problems when they overlapped. But ancelotti was smart to read ur game, and ac milan thanks to their lucky and smart 1st goal decided to play the waiting game with you in the 2nd half making gattuso and ambrosini assist their full backs and stay back to follow u in ur stifle the midfield game.

What all liverpool fans forgot is that the italians are the masters in this game of patience and ac milan has always had the quality to turn their few half-chances into goals and inzaghi showed this class by scoring those 2 goals.

Liverpool fans should not blame any1 for lacking the quality upfront 2 score the desired goals. If no be shot or those una mumu scrappy goals which other way una dey take score. Crouch impressed me and showed his class, but gerrard must blame himself for missin dat gift of a chance that he was given

[color=#006600][color=#006600][b][b][b]In summary Liverpool walked home alone and i hope dey learned this lessons

Lesson 1; Always take ur chances when they come u'll regret it if u don't

Lesson 2; Next season, take some risk, buy some quality players who can turn benitez's beautiful tactics into good results

Lesson 3; next time neva play an italian team d way u did last nite, dat's wat dey r used 2 in their league (dey invented it) and dey know how 2 use it to their advantage

Lesson 4; don't underestimate inzaghi
[/b][/b][/color][/color][/b]

@ mukina
i've been watchin u and all d bad blood u keep raisin evry where u go, stop tryin 2 remove d speck in evry1s eye without first removing the log in ur own eye
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by somze(f): 4:15pm On May 24, 2007
@ mukina
i've been watchin u and all d bad blood u keep raisin evry where u go, stop tryin 2 remove d speck in evry1s eye without first removing the log in your own eye

What is the log in her eye? Please make your "sports related points" and keep all other sentiments to your self or other threads that address those issues and LEAVE MUKINA ALONE.

About the rest of your post, I'm not a liverpool fan, please neva associate me with such a lousy and lucky-penalty-wining team bereft of ideas and creativity. I simply made an objective statement about the boring game.
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 24, 2007
A short DIALOGUE

LIVERPOOL : We will never walk alone
A.C MILAN : We will make Gattuso scared every person behind you
LIVERPOOL : We can always trust Gerrard
A.C MILAN : GATTUSO do your work
GATTUSO : angry angry angry,

Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by thebaron(m): 5:12pm On May 24, 2007
yeah yeah A.C. milan won. serves Liverpool right. grin
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 24, 2007
Don't mind them after all the noise they have created. No wonder people say empty barrel make the loudest noise

UP ITALIANS

Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by viee(f): 5:56pm On May 24, 2007
@ agbola

if u had introduced urself as a coach and secret agent, i would have ignored ur post

but u didnt.

1, if u are such a good tactician, what are you still doin?
why not do it on the pitch rather than here?

u devoted time talking crap about what obviously dnt knw a thing about
spare me!

now the main reason why i even decided to reply your post is this

agbola:

@ mukina
i've been watchin u and all d bad blood u keep raisin evry where u go, stop tryin 2 remove d speck in evry1s eye without first removing the log in your own eye

what is wrong with you? angry what are u? angrya secret agent?
u just gave us a litany of what u think is right and what do u call that good blood?
it is really sad! sad

here we talk sports as Somze said and if u have nothing meaningful to contribute, stay out! angry angry

B T W why do i get this feeling that u are among those with multiple user names? undecided

somze
mind urself ooooooo
at least we know how to take penalty!
do remind Mumurinho that it is still part of football
i think he has forgotten tongue grin cool
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 24, 2007
ha ha ha h ah aha ha ha ha
I can't help but to laugh ha ah ah aha ha ha ha cheesy grin grin cheesy

Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by Mustay(m): 6:50pm On May 24, 2007
Viee- asinine! Lol
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by somze(f): 7:48pm On May 24, 2007
somze
mind yourself ooooooo
at least we know how to take penalty!
do remind Mumurinho that it is still part of football
i think he has forgotten

No i would not mind my self. You stole the champions league from us through penalties and went ahead to loose. Penalty is part of football, we agree but its the only part of your football. grin
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by mukina2: 11:42pm On May 24, 2007
@somze and viee wink

sometimes, when people are seeking for attention, they do anything to get it .

so pls ignore him, let him find his fame elsewhere cheesy
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by Nobody: 8:45am On May 25, 2007
somze:

No i would not mind my self. You stole the champions league from us through penalties and went ahead to loose. Penalty is part of football, we agree but its the only part of your football. grin

I guess they stole it through penalty last time too. grin grin grin grin grin

The truth is that Liverpool is your Waterloo.
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by 9ja4eva: 8:47am On May 25, 2007
Milan did it cos Liverpool cldnt make use of their chances and improper subs too.

Congrats jare.Sure Sheva is having nightmares.
grin grin grin
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by Nobody: 9:01am On May 25, 2007
9ja4eva:

Milan did it because Liverpool cldnt make use of their chances and improper subs too.

Congrats jare.Sure Sheva is having nightmares.
grin grin grin

I pity the poor manooo. Another feather would have been added to his cap but he chose to hang out with the canary birds and their master parrot. A case of being at the wrong place at the right time. grin grin grin grin
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by Mustay(m): 9:05am On May 25, 2007
It'll be quite difficult 4 Shevy to establish his place once more at milan now that they have ronaldo!
If eto'o leaves barça, then spain 'll be d best 4 him.
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by 9ja4eva: 9:08am On May 25, 2007
It wont be cos Milan suites his style of play.

fynewaka:

I pity the poor manooo. Another feather would have been added to his cap but he chose to hang out with the canary birds and their master parrot. A case of being at the wrong place at the right time. grin grin grin grin

Yes oh.Made d wrong decision.He wld have been celebrating now.I can imagine
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by Mustay(m): 9:09am On May 25, 2007
No be him wife say make he come england.
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by 9ja4eva: 9:12am On May 25, 2007
+ Roman influence too.Shey d wife dey help am play now?
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by Mustay(m): 9:14am On May 25, 2007
Do you take decisions without your spouse? She wanted england so Shevy and his kids could learn english.
Really, he was a bad buy for us but d positive effect was that he made drogba perform
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by Nobody: 9:15am On May 25, 2007
Mustay:

It'll be quite difficult 4 Shevy to establish his place once more at milan now that they have ronaldo!
If eto'o leaves barça, then spain 'll be d best 4 him.

Finally, Chelski succeeded in making a mess of this once prolific scorer. Chelsea is indeed a career killer!
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by 9ja4eva: 9:16am On May 25, 2007
I second.

Crespo says dt always.
Re: Champion's League Final: AC Milan Versus Liverpool by Mustay(m): 9:17am On May 25, 2007
We didn't make a mess of him. D opposite was d case please

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Southampton (0 - 1) On 23rd January 2016 / Chelsea Vs Sheffield United: FA Cup - (2 - 0) On 21st March 2021 / Manchester City Vs West Ham (3 - 0) On 3rd May 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.