Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,320 members, 7,860,766 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:51 PM

Hiztorybox l 20 Unknown Facts About Nigeria Football Legend,sam Okwaraji - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Hiztorybox l 20 Unknown Facts About Nigeria Football Legend,sam Okwaraji (417 Views)

Remembering Sam Okwaraji: 31 Years After His Death / In Remembrance Of Sam Okwaraji: 5 Facts About Nigeria’s Football Martyr / Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hiztorybox l 20 Unknown Facts About Nigeria Football Legend,sam Okwaraji by HiztoryBox(m): 6:37am On May 19, 2019
As Today marks his 55th birthday,we will be looking some remarkable part of Samuel Okwaraji’s life and career that most people are ignorant of.

Sam Okwaraji:-

1] Full name is Samuel Sochukwuma Okwaraji born on 19 May 1964 in Orlu, Imo State, Nigeria.
2] Was in the very first set of Students to attend Federal Government College, Orlu, Imo State.
3] Started youth career at Roma
4]Was handed his first contract by Italian giants, AS Roma aged 20, four years before Francesco Totti joined the club.
5] Played for four other foreign clubs including Dinamo Zagreb and VfB Stuttgart; aside AS Roma.
6] Never played in the Nigerian league; making him to fall into an elite group of ex-footballers never to have made any appearance in the domestic league.
7]Could speak at least five languages: His native Igbo, English, German, Italian and Spanish. Some of these languages were enabled by the fact that his footballing career spanned through some of these countries.
8]Was a trained lawyer. He has Masters’ Degree in International Law from the University of Rome.
9]Studied law, Sapienza-Universita di Roma (Sapienza University of Rome) was (and is) the largest and oldest European University.
10]Chose football instead because he was of the opinion football was the better option for him. He believed the football pitch was where he belonged.
11]At one time, the then NFA chairman then, Grp.Capt. John Obakpolor pay 15,000 dollars to his club to play for a Nigeria match; of which the club actually request the sum of 45,000 dollars.

Read Full Details here https://www.hiztorybox.com.ng/20-unknown-facts…gendsam-okwaraji/ ‎

1 Share

Re: Hiztorybox l 20 Unknown Facts About Nigeria Football Legend,sam Okwaraji by Larryfixed23: 6:39am On May 19, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]see below it

Re: Hiztorybox l 20 Unknown Facts About Nigeria Football Legend,sam Okwaraji by HiztoryBox(m): 7:15am On May 19, 2019
HiztoryBox:

As Today marks his 55th birthday,we will be looking some remarkable part of Samuel Okwaraji’s life and career that most people are ignorant of.

-Studied law, Sapienza-Universita di Roma (Sapienza University of Rome) was (and is) the largest and oldest European University.

-Chose football instead because he was of the opinion football was the better option for him. He believed the football pitch was where he belonged.

-At one time, the then NFA chairman then, Grp.Capt. John Obakpolor pay 15,000 dollars to his club to play for a Nigeria match; of which the club actually request the sum of 45,000 dollars.

-Put his country above club, which he proved his patriotism onetime his club demanded the Nigerian Football Association to pay before his release. He fired at his employers saying: “I signed to play football for you on certain conditions, but I don’t think it includes reselling my services to my country. You cannot stop me playing for my country and let me tell you, I am going to represent my country in the World Cup in Italy whether you like it or not and I would very much like for you to be there.”

-Passed on exactly 27 years ago today.

Read Full Details here https://www.hiztorybox.com.ng/20-unknown-facts…gendsam-okwaraji/ ‎
Re: Hiztorybox l 20 Unknown Facts About Nigeria Football Legend,sam Okwaraji by HiztoryBox(m): 7:15am On May 19, 2019

-Studied law, Sapienza-Universita di Roma (Sapienza University of Rome) was (and is) the largest and oldest European University.

-Chose football instead because he was of the opinion football was the better option for him. He believed the football pitch was where he belonged.

-At one time, the then NFA chairman then, Grp.Capt. John Obakpolor pay 15,000 dollars to his club to play for a Nigeria match; of which the club actually request the sum of 45,000 dollars.

-Put his country above club, which he proved his patriotism onetime his club demanded the Nigerian Football Association to pay before his release. He fired at his employers saying: “I signed to play football for you on certain conditions, but I don’t think it includes reselling my services to my country. You cannot stop me playing for my country and let me tell you, I am going to represent my country in the World Cup in Italy whether you like it or not and I would very much like for you to be there.”

-Passed on exactly 27 years ago today.

(1) (Reply)

Completed Transfers For The Big Teams In Europe / Tell Your Wife/girl Friends That You Will Not Have Her Time Again! EPL Is Back / Newcastle Vs Arsenal 0-1 - Highlights (video Download)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.