Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over (12001 Views)

FG Orders Senior Directors In Finance Ministry To Resign / Fresh Crisis Brews In APC As NWC Rejects Campaign Council List / Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over by Islie: 2:28pm On May 19, 2019
By Mathias Okwe,

As Two Perm. Secs Jostle To Step In
Tension is brewing at the Federal Ministry of Finance, Abuja, over plans by the Minister of Finance, Mrs. Zainab Ahmed to hand over the reins to one of the permanent secretaries, Dr. Mahmoud Isa-Dutse, considered a political appointee, instead of Dr. Mohammed Kyari Dikwa, a career civil servant and bureaucrat.

A valedictory Federal Executive Council (FEC) Meeting is billed to hold tomorrow, following which President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to appreciate the ministers for their contributions to national development, and thereafter dissolve the cabinet after which the ministers would handover to the permanent secretaries in their respective ministries.

Isa-Dutse, believed to be close to the Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari, was appointed outside the civil service from the African Export Import Bank (AFRIEXIM Bank) in November 2015, while Dikwa a career civil servant and former Acting Accountant General of the Federation was appointed in November 2018, and assigned to the ministry as Permanent Secretary, Special Duties.

He resumed in that capacity in February this year. But prior to that he has been the engine room of reform initiatives in the ministry, heading the Presidential Continuous Audit of Ministries Departments and Agencies (PICA), which saved over N500b for the Federal Government’s payroll.

A staff of the ministry, who asked not to be named told The Guardian that of the ministry’s 12 schedules, Dikwa oversees eight, while Isa-Dutse oversees the remaining four and wonders why it is someone overseeing fewer schedules that should be handed over to.

The development is already causing ripples particularly among the top echelon of the ministry, who see the plan not only as an abuse of power, but an erosion of ethics and values in the civil service. Accordingly, the staff have communicated their grievances to President Buhari. In the copy of the complaint sighted by The Guardian yesterday, they urged the President to stop the plan because “for the first time, the National Assembly scored capital budget implementation under Isa-Dutse’s supervision zero repeatedly, he is above 60 years, which is the limit of service in line with Civil Service Rules, which means he ought to have been retired.

“As an appointee civil servant, his tenure is supposed to terminate latest May 29, 2019 being not a career civil servant; during his tenure, several protests were held by the staff union over his penchant for abandoning treatment of files for one overseas trip or the other, thereby impeding the smooth implementation of the economic policies of the Federal Government through the Ministry of Finance.”

Attempts by The Guardian, yesterday to get the reaction of the Minister of Finance were not successful just as calls put across to the ministry’s Director of Information, Mr. Dodo Hassan, as well as the minister’s Special Adviser on Media and Communications, Mr. Paul Ella Abechi were unsuccessful.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/tension-brews-in-finance-ministry-over-hand-over/
Re: Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over by simonlee(m): 8:17pm On May 19, 2019
Two perm secs want to step in, knowing well that it's just for a short time.
That tells you that there's so much you can steal when given the slightest chance!

14 Likes

Re: Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over by yeman2012(m): 8:17pm On May 19, 2019
Ok

1 Like

Re: Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over by kaen1317: 8:17pm On May 19, 2019
trust Nigerians...money is involved

2 Likes

Re: Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over by seegi(m): 8:17pm On May 19, 2019
they are all trying to cover d money they embezzled

By the way We have Farmlands for sale in Ilorin at various locations Check my Signature for more details

1 Like

Re: Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over by Amuocha: 8:18pm On May 19, 2019
How did that former British born Ogun finance minister handle

1 Like

Re: Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over by MyGeneration(m): 8:18pm On May 19, 2019
Nice mvr by Buhari on this one. Incompetent ministers should be kicked out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over by daddytime(m): 8:20pm On May 19, 2019
Just check the names of the jostlers and then you'd have an idea what the jostling is all about.

It's not as if the jostling is to better the economy of the lots of the citizens oo

It is well...

Oyel must finish one day...

2 Likes

Re: Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 19, 2019
Na things like this dey make civil servants kill themselves anyhow.
Re: Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over by princeade86(m): 8:21pm On May 19, 2019
simonlee:
T
for tension.
Re: Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over by GOFRONT(m): 8:22pm On May 19, 2019
cheesy

As if they have the interest of the country at heart...

Isa Dikwa beleived to be close to Chief of staff Abba Kyari...

Aminu Musa beleived to be close to Bola Tinubu.

Nafiu Mahmud beleived to be a close ally of Bukola Saraki........
...Hmmm....@ bolded..The long leg and Man know man is Really REAL

Unemployed are Jostling for employment, while the employed are jostling for Position.....

I just hope someone's can of worms will not be blown open in the process of this Jostling..
Re: Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over by mysteriousman(m): 8:24pm On May 19, 2019
SMH things will never change in this country
Re: Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 19, 2019
I have been resilient since I swear I have not seen a penny please Nairalanders I have limited time left please check my signature this is really important my life is on the line my mental state of mind is on the line I don't want to give up on life now please anything nothing is little
Re: Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over by AngelicBeing: 8:42pm On May 19, 2019
Amuocha:
She was speaking English during her time with a fake NYSC discharge certificate that I got for her, she paid me 900 billion dollars from nnpc account and she was exposed and fired, don't tell Buhari that I was the one that gave her the fake NYSC certificate, I want to enjoy my loot tongue

3 Likes

Re: Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over by bigcasava1(m): 8:48pm On May 19, 2019
Better still say two thieves are fighting for the national cake
Re: Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over by ppogba: 8:55pm On May 19, 2019
Amuocha:

One thing you cannot take away from Kemi is her firmness. She will go where she wants to irrespective of the hues and cries.

1 Like

Re: Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over by OzziOhinoyi(m): 8:59pm On May 19, 2019
grin

The career civil servant is the best fit. There ain't no need for squabbles.
Re: Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over by Rule4God(m): 9:55pm On May 19, 2019
If only PMB will listen to your advice 'cos as a professor in tourism, wicked /evil ideology as well as slow /steady, I'm not sure he'll have time to even study your document.

Nonetheless, you guys may organize prayer /fasting which is the only sure option left.
Re: Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over by stonemasonn: 10:58pm On May 19, 2019
Abba Kyari don turn Mafia for presidency.
Re: Tension Brews In Finance Ministry Over Hand Over by remexy(f): 11:27pm On May 19, 2019
This story is even sponsored

(1) (Reply)

I Will Remove Any Minister Who Fails - Tinubu / Jega Wants FG To Hands-off On Appointment Of INEC Chair / APC/PMB: FG Projects Nationwide. Ongoing PICS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.