Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,873 members, 7,848,556 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:48 AM

Zoning Will Divide Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zoning Will Divide Nigeria (669 Views)

Nigeria Will Divide / Fani-Kayode - Jonathan Will Divide Nigeria If He Loses In 2015 / A Northerner Must Emerge In 2015 Or Nigeria Will Divide- Lawal Kaita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zoning Will Divide Nigeria by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 24, 2010
Zoning will divide Nigeria, says Tinubu

By Okechukwu Nnodim

September 24, 2010 02:33PM
printemail

Bola Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos State and a leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), on Thursday, criticised the selection formula for presidential candidates adopted by the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), describing the act as one "that promotes division" in the country.
Mr Tinubu, during an interview with correspondents at the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos, said that though the leaders claim to be united in the race for one Nigeria, their actions speak otherwise, adding that the ACN will not adopt the style adopted by the PDP. "Ethnicity, zoning and the likes, that is silly for this country," he said. "My party doesn't believe in it; what the party says is that the candidate can come from anywhere. Why do you continue to promote division in this country? They are not good leaders, they are just like: you know all those people who are being paraded in the press today as nationalists, while they are not. Yesterday, they were calling for unity, united Nigeria, and all of that; but today they call for zoning. What are you preaching? Division, contradiction, in fact they should go and retire."
Mr Tinubu said that the leaders should vacate office for they have betrayed the trust reposed in them by the masses, adding that Nigeria needs a transformational leader. "They should go home and sleep," he said. "They are like fathers stealing from their baby's milk. There must be a generational change and transformation of this country. These people are tired; they've been roaming about. All of them put together, if they have any vision that they want to promote, they are already members of the Council of State, they are accessible to the President, whoever he is, they should go and articulate that vision and give him the advice; not to come back and confuse and consume our own heritage." Denies signing advertorial
Asked if he was in support of the Southern Governors' Forum's clamour for a southern president, as published in an advertorial in a national daily on Thursday, Mr Tinubu said that the advertorial was "fraud." "Me? Which paper? , I'm not Obasanjo now, that is fraud," he said. "I have not attended any meeting. I did not. At first when I formed the Southern Governors' Forum, it was purposely geared towards true federalism and fiscal federalism, and I articulated that on several occasions and I am still standing on that ground. I don't want to be a defective politician; I don't want to see Nigeria from the prism of North and South dichotomy. We got our independence collectively together sitting down. We grafted and adopted federal constitution, we don't bypass that. I'm not like some politicians who appear in the garment and the regalia of national politics yesterday and because of today, they become ethnic jingoist."

GBAM!!!!
Re: Zoning Will Divide Nigeria by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2010
Correct!
Re: Zoning Will Divide Nigeria by AkinEgba: 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2010
THIEF Tinubu, the one holding Lagos by the jurgular, has spoken.
Re: Zoning Will Divide Nigeria by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 24, 2010
The stakes are too high for us to leave our future in the hands of luck [whether good or bad]

The PDP has no reason to be in Power come 2011. Spread the Gospel
Re: Zoning Will Divide Nigeria by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 24, 2010
Tinubu hit the nail on the head.
Re: Zoning Will Divide Nigeria by Dede1(m): 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2010
ilugunboy:

Zoning will divide Nigeria, says Tinubu

By Okechukwu Nnodim

September 24, 2010 02:33PM
printemail

Bola Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos State and a leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), on Thursday, criticised the selection formula for presidential candidates adopted by the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), describing the act as one "that promotes division" in the country.
Mr Tinubu, during an interview with correspondents at the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos, said that though the leaders claim to be united in the race for one Nigeria, their actions speak otherwise, adding that the ACN will not adopt the style adopted by the PDP. "Ethnicity, zoning and the likes, that is silly for this country," he said. "My party doesn't believe in it; what the party says is that the candidate can come from anywhere. Why do you continue to promote division in this country? They are not good leaders, they are just like: you know all those people who are being paraded in the press today as nationalists, while they are not. Yesterday, they were calling for unity, united Nigeria, and all of that; but today they call for zoning. What are you preaching? Division, contradiction, in fact they should go and retire."
Mr Tinubu said that the leaders should vacate office for they have betrayed the trust reposed in them by the masses, adding that Nigeria needs a transformational leader. "They should go home and sleep," he said. "They are like fathers stealing from their baby's milk. There must be a generational change and transformation of this country. These people are tired; they've been roaming about. All of them put together, if they have any vision that they want to promote, they are already members of the Council of State, they are accessible to the President, whoever he is, they should go and articulate that vision and give him the advice; not to come back and confuse and consume our own heritage." Denies signing advertorial
Asked if he was in support of the Southern Governors' Forum's clamour for a southern president, as published in an advertorial in a national daily on Thursday, Mr Tinubu said that the advertorial was "fraud." "Me? Which paper? , I'm not Obasanjo now, that is fraud," he said. "I have not attended any meeting. I did not. At first when I formed the Southern Governors' Forum, it was purposely geared towards true federalism and fiscal federalism, and I articulated that on several occasions and I am still standing on that ground. I don't want to be a defective politician; I don't want to see Nigeria from the prism of North and South dichotomy. We got our independence collectively together sitting down. We grafted and adopted federal constitution, we don't bypass that. I'm not like some politicians who appear in the garment and the regalia of national politics yesterday and because of today, they become ethnic jingoist."

GBAM!!!!

This is a ranting of ant. If Bola Tinubu termed zoning as divisive, what the hell should he call quota system and nonsensical federal character? It is this type of lame expression that spurs many right-thinking Nigerians to continuously agitate for disintegration of the cesspit called Nigeria.

If zoning is not good for Nigeria, I must categorically say that quota and federal character are bad for the country too.
Re: Zoning Will Divide Nigeria by diobi: 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2010
Dede1:

This is a ranting of ant. If Bola Tinubu termed zoning as divisive, what the hell should he call quota system and nonsensical federal character? It is this type of lame expression that spurs many right-thinking Nigerians to continuously agitate for disintegration of the cesspit called Nigeria.

If zoning is not good for Nigeria, I must categorically say that quota and federal character are bad for the country too.

[size=16pt]GBAM![/size]

After enjoying zoning for 8 years under Obasanjo, they now want to destroy it.

Zoning or disintegration!

(1) (Reply)

The Man Called Ibb / War Against Atiku •jonathan’s Camp Set For Battle •tension In The North / Nominate A Nairalander As Ribadu's Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.