Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party (27272 Views)

Ugbe Dominic 'Paperboi', CRUTECH Student Drowns During Departmental Pool Party / Missing UNIUYO Student Found Beaten To Death In Uyo. Photo / Chuck Ozulumba Drowns During Excursion In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by 123kidda: 7:55am On May 20, 2019
End time pool
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by nairalandankrah: 7:56am On May 20, 2019
This issue should be properly investigated..this story doesn't look complete to me..cctv footage of the incident should be obtAined..I mean, this could be another case of suicide or even worse..
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by Nobody: 7:57am On May 20, 2019
Ire2:
How the heck someone drawn in a swimming pool?

Shebi you can see him getting high.

Alcohol and watersports don't mix, and who knows what other drugs were in his system already
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by Edyice: 7:57am On May 20, 2019
Swimming is not for those who doesn't know how to swim ...if you must swim and you don't know how , inform people you are with or use live-jacket. Else you are playing with your life grin cheesy

I almost drown , was saved by my brother .. now I can swim , sustain for an hour or two on water
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by DonBenny77(m): 7:59am On May 20, 2019
i know i will die one day but very sure it wont be by drowning. No babe can convince me to step into a pool not to talk of river as water dosen't understand english. Some deaths are avoidable.
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by boban007: 7:59am On May 20, 2019
THIS CAN NEVER HAPPEN IN EUROPE AND AMERICA.EVERY CHILD MUST LEARN HOW TO SWIM FROM AGE 3 THAT'S PART OF THE SCHOOL CURRICULUM.ITS MANDATORY EVERY LIVING SOUL BORN AND BRED THERE IS A SWIMMER.UNFORTUNATELY I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SWIM I FEAR WATER PASS LION SEF.MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.WE ARE YET TO HAVE A GOVT.IN PLACE.OUR LEADERS ARE SO USELESS.MAKE WE JUST DEY ROUGH AM DEY GO.ONE DAY NA ONE DAY WE FIT MAKE AM IN FUTURE.
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by Nobody: 8:00am On May 20, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

Shebi you can see him getting high.

Alcohol and watersports don't mix, and who knows what other drugs were in his system already

True sha
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by hybridblood07(m): 8:02am On May 20, 2019
I blame nobody but him! If you can't swim why go in the pool? May God have mercy on his sinful soul.
chimjoshjuan:
A Uniuyo fresher identified as Kingsley Etim, reportedly drowned during a pool party which was held at a hotel in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.The Uniuyo fresher who drowned at the pool party, is said to be Political Science and Public Administration student of the university and it was further gathered that the incident occurred around 9pm on Saturday night at De Vegas Paradise. 

One of his colleagues spotted him in the pool, after others have left the water for other recreations. The deceased was said to have been rushed to the University of Uyo’s Health Centre, where he was confirmed dead after efforts to revive him failed.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/19/uniuyo-fresher-drowns-during-pool-party/

Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by Ijaya123: 8:04am On May 20, 2019
The management of the hotel should be arrested and prosecuted for manslaughter. Their failure to have a lifeguard caused the untimily death of this young man.
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by hybridblood07(m): 8:07am On May 20, 2019
Why r u so stupid? What is afonja has to do with the story? Can't you just be neutral in life? You'll never go far in life of you continue to be tribalistic
Hamilton1:
Afonjas at it again

2 Likes

Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by YaksonFCA(m): 8:08am On May 20, 2019
RIP
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by PotatoSalad(m): 8:13am On May 20, 2019
Swimming classes should be mandatory for kids in nigeria. 85% of Nigerian adults can't swim
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by PotatoSalad(m): 8:14am On May 20, 2019
boban007:
THIS CAN NEVER HAPPEN IN EUROPE AND AMERICA.EVERY CHILD MUST LEARN HOW TO SWIM FROM AGE 3 THAT'S PART OF THE SCHOOL CURRICULUM.ITS MANDATORY EVERY LIVING SOUL BORN AND BRED THERE IS A SWIMMER.UNFORTUNATELY I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SWIM I FEAR WATER PASS LION SEF.MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.WE ARE YET TO HAVE A GOVT.IN PLACE.OUR LEADERS ARE SO USELESS.MAKE WE JUST DEY ROUGH AM DEY GO.ONE DAY NA ONE DAY WE FIT MAKE AM IN FUTURE.
This is so true. An average American can swim.
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by Rukky2010: 8:15am On May 20, 2019
Rest in peace
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by Onecutetivboi(m): 8:16am On May 20, 2019
After taking alcohol nd all sorts of drugs, u still go into the pool
What do u expect
Aondo yima generation wase ne

RIP
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by sageb: 8:20am On May 20, 2019
So sad, R.I.P to him.
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by shomutuski(m): 8:22am On May 20, 2019
Imagine he didn't even get to see his first CG-PA!!!!!

See the thing about youth of these days!!! Our exuberance are too much!!!

why take alcohol before swimming!!!!!! RIP to the dead, i pray his family has the strength to bear the loss.

i might be wrong about the prognosis.
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by blackgold2018(m): 8:25am On May 20, 2019
nairalandankrah:
This issue should be properly investigated..this story doesn't look complete to me..cctv footage of the incident should be obtAined..I mean, this could be another case of suicide or even worse..
Ewu.. so in Nigeria every hotels have CCTV abi.. Ode
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by adewumi713(m): 8:26am On May 20, 2019
babatee90:
I guess it’s Buhari’s fault again
smh
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by StandardJohn(m): 8:29am On May 20, 2019
sad news everyday
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by nairalandankrah: 8:41am On May 20, 2019
blackgold2018 poconductori 48: Ewu.. so in Nigeria every hotels have CCTV abi.. Ode
With your bad mouth, I think you'll pass for a bus conductor..
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by blackgold2018(m): 9:04am On May 20, 2019
nairalandankrah:

With your bad mouth, I think you'll pass for a bus conductor..
with ur zero n poor sense of reasoning.. I think you'll pass for a wheelbarrow pusher
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by Banter1(m): 9:05am On May 20, 2019
All this drowning is not ordinary.
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by Originalsly: 9:43am On May 20, 2019
boban007:

THIS CAN NEVER HAPPEN IN EUROPE AND AMERICA.EVERY CHILD MUST LEARN HOW TO SWIM FROM AGE 3 THAT'S PART OF THE SCHOOL CURRICULUM.ITS MANDATORY EVERY LIVING SOUL BORN AND BRED THERE IS A SWIMMER

Stop posting rubbish. Schools have swimming pools for swimming to be part of the curriculum? Don't people drown in swimming pools in Europe and the US? Don't people who are very good swimmers also drown? May common sense fall on you. FYI....the average of people drowning in swimming pools in the US is 10.......per day.

@ topic..... this need to be investigated....may be same as the last drowning... murder. How can someone drown at a pool party? If he ventured in the pool all by himself... that's different... but he was there with others.
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by Rebuke: 9:44am On May 20, 2019
Another one again!
At this point, all I have to say is don't go out to the pool to swim with people yhu can't trust.

I keep saying this, it's really not so easy for someone to get drowned in a pool.

Why? Because people around should notice his struggle in less than 10 minutes .

It takes more than 10 minutes to go off completely.

They should better go and investigate the real cus of his death.

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by Kennydoc(m): 10:14am On May 20, 2019
Muyiwaipere:
I am not saying student shouldn't have fun.... But with the frequent news of drowning thats flying around... . who knows the spirit that's lurking around?

My take..... I guess every parents should warn there pinkins about going to any social gathering

A word is enough for the wise

Same thing that went thru my mind when I saw the headline. The spirit of death is hovering over Nigerian universities. These things aren't just normal.
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by GenFunction: 10:55am On May 20, 2019
whats all these na
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by skywhity: 3:14pm On May 20, 2019
having pool party around 9pm in the night . how does that sound. students should learn how to fix their social fun so it may not cause any societal illness. . RIP fresh.
Re: Kingsley Etim: UNIUYO Student Drowns During Pool Party by nairalandankrah: 5:22pm On May 20, 2019
blackgold2018:
with ur zero n poor sense of reasoning.. I think you'll pass for a wheelbarrow pusher
Your likes are under the bridge...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Caught With Drugs In Italy Bites Off Policeman's Finger / Ivie Edobor, Victim Of Domestic Violence Marks 1st Anniversary (Photo) / Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell Her Baby For N150,000 In Anambra (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.