Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,625 members, 7,865,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:30 PM

Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo (17323 Views)

Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded / Governor Sanwo-Olu Begins Patching And Rehabilitation Of Bad Roads In Lagos / Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo by 9jaRealist: 2:57pm On May 20, 2019
maxkia:
You must be stupid for your comments . You are the miscreant here. Do you live on this Axis?

Most of you are Nigerians are Nigeria,s Problem. Over bloated graduate

I believe he was being SARCASTIC... cool
Re: Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo by LamidicownuBSS: 2:58pm On May 20, 2019
Na me spoil am?
Re: Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo by Jacobmighty400: 3:00pm On May 20, 2019
AutoReportNG:
The residents living in Badagry seem to have enough as they come out en-mass to embark on a Peaceful mass protest against the neglect and abandonment of the Badagry expressway ongoing. The Badagry Expressway. Residents defy the rain and went out to protest against the bad roads and the government's silence over their plight.

The peaceful mass protest against the neglect and abandonment of the Badagry expressway and to call both the state and the federal government to order.
The Badagry expressway road has been a death trap to all residents especially those going towards the trade fair, Alaba International, Mile 2, they are all major death traps as the construction companies have abandoned them and left the roads in a bad shape.

These are pictures of the bad roads and also from the protest...

[img]https://2.bp..com/-js9NzQa5Vcw/XOKHwy92jeI/AAAAAAAAbiY/mizksiJZQhgEvHpDoiup6LoXZHRo7jJ8wCLcBGAs/s1600/D6_ylmiXoAAeMYc.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-9aPw0w3HTXM/XOKHxkfW0RI/AAAAAAAAbic/9S4j5ziVdBE34rnDY6kWLY1mb44PgtZhQCLcBGAs/s1600/D6_ymLjXsAA_A47.jpg[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-nf94I0vsDMk/XOKHyQANXbI/AAAAAAAAbig/d6sq1L4nlyAnjymyk6u48SltR_dHm_n5gCLcBGAs/s1600/D6_ymmEW4AAqzJA.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-9dXvoVRJgnA/XOKH0rIZdOI/AAAAAAAAbi0/hiVMzZMIXVk-AFzCuffWY-qIWuRvO_mCwCLcBGAs/s1600/D7AEYJWWkAEKblp.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-fezGmQtwlIw/XOKH0RpUoVI/AAAAAAAAbiw/iMVsbqD5TGARPmdMaSQb10RMpBUMC5GwACLcBGAs/s1600/D7AEWZcWwAAMXvf.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/05/residents-embark-on-peaceful-protest.html

The road is supposed to be a federal road. The neglegence of the federal government is put on the state government. It seems Nigerians don't understand their socio political environment. Dark country.
Re: Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo by frowland(m): 3:01pm On May 20, 2019
Indomie generation, I thought OBJ and GEJ commissioned 10 lane road years ago? Abi na so una dey quick forget? Go and ask them about the road. Those guys were very good at commissioning on maps and papers. The chickens have indeed come home to roast.
Re: Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo by Mikkyjay17(m): 3:02pm On May 20, 2019
If you are pregnant and want to commit abortion just ply that road five times in a week. tongue[i][/i]
Re: Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo by xana101: 3:06pm On May 20, 2019
We have wicked government. Come to that axis and u will pity those living there. Even animals would complain if subjected to such terrible conditions. Last time I pass that route. Journey of 45 minutes. It took me 6hours 20minutes. So sad.
Re: Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo by AngelicBeing: 3:13pm On May 20, 2019
angry
Re: Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo by Beremx(f): 3:15pm On May 20, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Fake news.
you are sick.
Re: Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo by 9jaRealist: 3:16pm On May 20, 2019
Primary problem with Badagry Expressway construction is that the contracts with Julius Berger and with CCECC is for both the road and the rail line together, and thus so long as the rail project was not progressing (for monetary or any other reason - given that the cost of the rail project more than tripled as a result of currency devaluation), so also was the road construction put on hold. What the Lagos government should have done is to DE-COUPLE components of the contract and focus on just completing the road itself.

Also, although Lagosians would have bitched and whined about it (many of us already believe that we are “over-taxed”), the government could have borrowed more money (for example, from the AFC) to complete the road, toll the road (with moderate toll charges, given the large volume of traffic on the road) and used the toll collections to repay the loans. Better to pay a little something for a good road, than have a “free” road that costs you much more in car repairs, time lost in traffic and business opportunities driven away.
>

2 Likes

Re: Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo by Mannarich: 3:37pm On May 20, 2019
Do you know that if you are coming from Ghana down to Togo and Benin republic and then Lagos, the first gallop(pothole) you will enter is at badagry Lagos,I stand to be corrected.
Re: Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo by Jokesnice(m): 3:41pm On May 20, 2019
The Lagos badagry road is one of the worst roads I have come across. It's a death trap. If I remember vividly, last year alone not less than 20 containers fell on that road and also there was a case of a truck that fell and burnt along with other cars too. Still the Lagos state govt couldn't proffer any palliative measures to at least ameliorate the sufferings of the numerous pple that ply that road on a daily basis.
Yes, it's a Federal road like they said but nothing stops the state govt from at least making the road a little bit motorable by filling the pot holes on that road. If not for bike pple, many lagosians won't be able to make their appointments, get to work on time or get things done as quickly as they want bcus of the heavy traffic that seems to happen on that road every single day. I ply that road everyday to get to my place of work at trade fair Intl Mkt and I see first hand what pple suffer on that road every single day. It's very shameful that a road that leads to two Intl Mkt (Alaba Intl and trade fair Intl) could be allowed to get so bad as this and it's getting more worse every day due to this raining season. Lagos state govt should try and do something about it, bcus it's lagosians that pass through that deadly road every day and not the federal govt.
Re: Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo by Jackipapa: 3:49pm On May 20, 2019
Guyman02:
Ambode really developed Lagos grin grin grin grin

What is the man begging for, can anyone pls explain?
Re: Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo by edeybodi: 4:06pm On May 20, 2019
The development of this road was ceded to LASG by the Jonathan Government. So, it is the responsibility of the LASG. The state govt has failed woefully and made the road a specimen of how not to construct a road. I ply this road often and it’s a perpetually unfolding disaster. Today, the protest is peaceful, tomorrow it may not be. If Sanwo-Olu is serious, he should move his office to the Badagry LGA Secretariat for 9 months and personally supervise construction work on that road.

1 Like

Re: Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo by DJInfluence: 4:37pm On May 20, 2019
Am disappointed there are not more people out there protesting. The coordinators need to organised more protest and use social media to generate awareness so more people can take part.

me self for take part if to say i know about it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo by trychris: 7:58pm On May 20, 2019
#Fixlagosbadagryroad.Ambode came to LASU last Thursday through the only good road (Isheri/Iba) to the school constructed by Fashola.
Re: Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo by bibianna(f): 10:29pm On May 20, 2019
The government must wake up to their responsibilities.
Re: Residents Embark On A Peaceful Protest Over Badagry Expressway Bad Roads - Photo by orluwasheyi: 4:13am On May 22, 2019
Well that is okay, the protest is long overdue can't believe it take this long

(1) (2) (Reply)

Joseph Odok: Wife Of Detained Critic Of Governor Ayade Seeks Buhari Intervention / Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs / Oby Ezekwesili Faults Economy For Beggarly Attitude Of Gatemen, Security Guards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.