Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

The Most Rational Reasoning On Recent High Rate Of Suicide In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Rational Reasoning On Recent High Rate Of Suicide In Nigeria (275 Views)

Lance Corporal Jibrin Commits Suicide In Yobe / Enugu State Government Constitutes Panel On Recent Oruku Crisis / See Speaker Gbaja’s Tweet On Recent Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians In S’Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Rational Reasoning On Recent High Rate Of Suicide In Nigeria by scoty2910: 8:12am On May 21, 2019
Suicide will multiply in Nigeria. Not because times are hard. Times were HARD way back before now. The problem now is that adults are increasingly immature and the society is increasingly frivolous. People have no true friends, because friends now see themselves as rivals. Back stabbers/biters now masquerade as friends. Problem shared now becomes public information.

There's a rat race going on and it's measured by fleeting wealth and nothing else true and lasting. Setbacks are mourned as a wasted life by those who should give love and genuine support. Men who rose through their friend’s magnanimity are now digging graves for such friends. So troubled man becomes a butt of jokes by those in whom he reposited his trust.

Calamities befall men and their friends shed tears in the morning and run them down at night. Adults now behave like children.
The man can’t even tell his wife because he is sure she won’t understand. He has seen her divulge little details to her family. He has heard her eulogize wealth and curse set backs as abomination. She has a little merry heart. Men now gossip like women.

The cleric can’t be trusted because he is given to flamboyant cars and lots of worldly ambition. He rates men by their earthly successes and wealth. He can’t be trusted because wealth he says, is the ultimate blessing from God. Everyday he celebrates only the rich.

So the troubled man walks around with his troubles in his heart, smiles at all the children masquerading as adults around him. One day, he would weigh it all over again and say no, it’s enough.
True and matured friends are now very scarce! No true ears to talk to in times of trouble, no honest shoulder to lay on in times of weakness.
And a culmination of all these is why depression-induced suicide is on a sad rise.

Can we all rise and fight this menace called depression in truth?
Can you work and encourage others to assume the role(s) of true friend(s)?
Can we jointly reinstate the intergrity of the quote “Problem shared is half solved”?

Depression leads to suicide

Check On Someone Today

Think about it.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Most Rational Reasoning On Recent High Rate Of Suicide In Nigeria by Truckpusher(m): 8:18am On May 21, 2019
Food for thought
Re: The Most Rational Reasoning On Recent High Rate Of Suicide In Nigeria by Karleb(m): 4:21pm On May 21, 2019
I could remember when I sat for my first JAMB and failed woefully, I wanted to kill myself. I was so determined to commit suicide and I would have gone ahead with the plan if not for my parents and a man who gave me an advice.

Now imagine if my parents were not bothered, imagine if they were adding salts to my injury, imagine if they had called me a failure. By now, I would have joined my ancestors.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Police Uncover Plan To Disrupt May 29 Inauguration / Why I Wanted Justice Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal / Nigerian Army Denies Killing Of 25 Soldiers In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.