Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,223 members, 7,957,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:57 PM

Zambia's Ex President Chiluba Guilty Of stealing $46m - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zambia's Ex President Chiluba Guilty Of stealing $46m (1242 Views)

Chris Ngige In Zambia At ARLAC 42nd Ordinary Session (Photos) / How Ex-president Arranged Arrest of Diezani - Silverbirdtv.com / Osinbajo As He Commissions Dangote's Cement Plant In Zambia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zambia's Ex President Chiluba Guilty Of stealing $46m by Mamajama(m): 2:30pm On May 04, 2007
Zambia's ex-President Frederick Chiluba has been found guilty of stealing $46m (£23m) of public money by a UK court.
The judge said that Zambians should know that when he appeared wearing his trademark designer clothes, they were paid for with stolen money.

Mr Chiluba's spokesman told a Zambian newspaper that the ex-leader did not accept the court's jurisdiction.

Mr Chiluba was not in the London High Court but the ruling could lead to the seizure of his assets.

The civil case was brought on behalf of the Zambian attorney general.

[size=16pt]AFRICAN where are we heading to?[/size]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6624547.stm
Re: Zambia's Ex President Chiluba Guilty Of stealing $46m by Mamajama(m): 2:35pm On May 04, 2007
More on the story a BUS CONDUCTOR? WAO

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3302419.stm
Re: Zambia's Ex President Chiluba Guilty Of stealing $46m by Bankole01(m): 5:08pm On May 04, 2007
$46 Million only, the man is a real small thief to steal such a measely sum of money. By Nigerian standard, Presidents steal billions, sart numerous schools, airlinr, transcorp, chicken farms etc. He should be sent to prison (err i mean safe haven a la Taylor) in Nigeria, to be school properly in the art of KLEPTOCRACY. (obasanjo style)
If he were to steal billions now, and allow his cronies to loot all parastals and ministries, he will get the title of BABA
Re: Zambia's Ex President Chiluba Guilty Of stealing $46m by Mamajama(m): 5:28pm On May 04, 2007
That is ludicrous, How do you know a president in Nigeria steal Billions? you you have evidence bedire all the paper speculations? either way a thief is a thief and this guy should get the SAMUEL DOE treatment.
Re: Zambia's Ex President Chiluba Guilty Of stealing $46m by viee(f): 5:33pm On May 04, 2007
the only thing that makes me sad is that poor Africans are left to suffer the stupidity of their leaders!
Re: Zambia's Ex President Chiluba Guilty Of stealing $46m by Bankole01(m): 5:54pm On May 04, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

That is ludicrous, How do you know a president in Nigeria steal Billions? you you have evidence bedire all the paper speculations? either way a thief is a thief and this guy should get the SAMUEL DOE treatment.

No matter what color you apply to it, Nigerian presidents are master in the art looting the countries coffer. Paper speculations is aside the point. Even obasanjo accused IBB of stealing billions, then changed his tune. Ribadu came to accuse IBB also. With Obasanjo thievery, he has been clever by half, using other people like Jimoh Ibrahim to hide his loot, the library scandal, numerous farms, schools, transcorp, etc were just too glaring and open enough for all to see a man who was pratically broke before becoming president, miraculously becoming a billionaire overnight! Only In Nigeria. All Hail Baba Iyabo and father to all who need a corrupt and evil father!
Re: Zambia's Ex President Chiluba Guilty Of stealing $46m by Mamajama(m): 10:20pm On May 15, 2007
So who is to be blame for all this people stealing and looting their countries wealth? I suggest the firing squad to send a clear message. Once caught there should be no mercy for the merciless
Re: Zambia's Ex President Chiluba Guilty Of stealing $46m by blackchief(m): 12:11pm On May 17, 2007
let us as people of Africa make payment of pension of past leader under our law a must and make stealing from government by our leader a death sentence.
Re: Zambia's Ex President Chiluba Guilty Of stealing $46m by McKren(m): 7:31pm On May 17, 2007
Fredrick Chiluba thinks the UK court was being racist, that he did not get fair judgement because because he was a black man grin grin grin
I begin to wonder if Zambia the country he is meant to refund the money is a white Nation or if the current President of Zambia (Levy Mwanawasa ) is a white man

Trust me if he was Nigerian he would have said he was persecuted for opposing OBJ's third term project.
Re: Zambia's Ex President Chiluba Guilty Of stealing $46m by Mamajama(m): 8:23pm On May 17, 2007
ABI, KOLOMENTALITY, you have to wonder how some of this leaders think, the so called untouchables
Re: Zambia's Ex President Chiluba Guilty Of stealing $46m by GNature(m): 8:38pm On May 17, 2007

$46 Million only, the man is a real small thief to steal such a measely sum of money. He should be sent to prison in Nigeria, to be school properly in the art of KLEPTOCRACY. (obasanjo style)

Hehe, this is really funny. I think 'IBB style' would have even been better. You can't beat learning from a true master.
Re: Zambia's Ex President Chiluba Guilty Of stealing $46m by Mamajama(m): 2:18pm On May 18, 2007
Even they there are speculations that IBB son has more than $456 Mill, God help US
Re: Zambia's Ex President Chiluba Guilty Of stealing $46m by Iman3(m): 2:53pm On May 18, 2007
I read somewhere that Castro is worth $2 billion.At first I thought,how sad.Then I realised he has been President since the 1950s.If he was a Nigerian,he will be worth at least $100 billion grin

(1) (Reply)

How Kalu Stole N3bn And Nyame Spent N250m On Stationery In 2 Months / Nigerian Politics Is Boring / Obasanjo Graduates From University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.