Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,701 members, 7,851,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:20 PM

Manual Transmission Lovers Get In Here!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Manual Transmission Lovers Get In Here!!! (1172 Views)

Honda Civic 2004 or 05 Manual Transmission Needed Serious Buyer / 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers / 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do When Driving A Manual Transmission Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manual Transmission Lovers Get In Here!!! by Autoconnoisseur: 2:25pm On May 21, 2019
With the proliferation of automatic transmissions and continuously variable transmissions fitted with shift paddles and the like, finding a bonafide manual transmission in just about any car is almost like finding a needle in a haystack. Even all-out performance cars like the BMW M5 have abandoned the traditional shift stick for steering wheel-mounted shift paddles connected to semi-automatic gearboxes. But the average manual driver is a dying breed and I feel that convincing you to be more a part of this population should be as easy as reading my thoughts below:

High driver engagement
The manual transmission forces you to become more attune to the vehicle and more aware of when the shifts happen and can affect how you interact with the power-train at least at first, after a while, you can forget and the shifting becomes second nature.

Starter and Battery failure proof
If your battery or starter start to fail on an automatic you generally have no other way to start the car but with a manual trans and a hill, you don’t really need the starter if you have an incline and the forethought to park on it. As long as the charging system is in good health, with a manual transmission, you can get your car started without anyone’s help, provided you can get it rolling. With the ignition on, the gear shift in second gear and a gradual downslope, you can let the clutch out quickly enough to turn the engine over and fire.
You can employ the same tactic if your starter goes bad, too.

Lower initial cost
Because the world is moving away from manuals and manufacturers still manufacture them it is often you find perfectly functional cars with a manual transmission nobody wants to buy thereby lowering vehicle initial cost of purchase and this applies to brand new cars as well.

Less complex
Along with the longer life of a manual transmission, a manual is also cheaper to maintain in the long run. A manual is simply filled with gear oil. Drain it out, refill it and you’re done.
An automatic transmission is filled with automatic transmission fluid, which can be much more expensive than gear oil. It also requires a filter and a gasket set.

Less maintenance
Especially if you’re considering a used car, the automatic transmission is the weakest link in the reliability chain. A manual transmission, on the other hand, is a precision mechanical device. Sensors don’t shift gears, your arm does, and you’re connected mechanically to a series of forks and gears. Bearings eventually wear out, but provided the gear oil inside is changed on schedule and the transmission isn’t abused, that bearing life could be as long as your adult life.
The only real wear item in the entire chain is the clutch, and even those can last for decades if treated with care.

I HAVE COMPILED SOME OF OUR BEST MANUAL DEALS ON THE INTERNET FOR YOU

https://autoconnoisseurs..com/2019/05/toyota-corolla-2014manual-lagos.html

https://autoconnoisseurs..com/2019/05/bmw-e90-2006manual-lagos.html

https://autoconnoisseurs..com/2019/05/toyota-corolla-2008manual-lagos-uber.html
Re: Manual Transmission Lovers Get In Here!!! by Timagex(m): 3:05pm On May 21, 2019
Manual all the way sir! cool

1 Like

Re: Manual Transmission Lovers Get In Here!!! by CocoaOla: 9:47am On May 22, 2019
I am a man decide my next move my self manual cars have more moving torque than automatic that's why you will never see Trucks with automatic gear. Manual gear is more fuel efficient on high way than automatic manual is for real men who love fun engagement manual rocks!

2 Likes

Re: Manual Transmission Lovers Get In Here!!! by CocoaOla: 9:53am On May 22, 2019
Most racing car comes in manual for fun

If you want enjoy manuals get Honda Vtec series with manual gear

It feel like heaven when you shift to a particular gear and on high way and VTEC kicks in oh my God

1 Like

Re: Manual Transmission Lovers Get In Here!!! by ichidodo: 10:46am On May 22, 2019
I just love manuals....Shifting stick and high revving never felt sooo good

2 Likes

Re: Manual Transmission Lovers Get In Here!!! by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:11am On May 22, 2019
CocoaOla:
Most racing car comes in manual for fun

If you want enjoy manuals get Honda Vtec series with manual gear

It feel like heaven when you shift to a particular gear and on high way and VTEC kicks in oh my God

You don't know what VTEC is.

1 Like

Re: Manual Transmission Lovers Get In Here!!! by dicksonadams(m): 4:44am On Sep 04, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

You don't know what VTEC is.

Explain

(1) (Reply)

How Good Is This Car / Meet The First African-american Rolls-royce, Mclaren & Lamborghini Car Dealer / Good Audi A4 Auto Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.