Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,922 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (970778 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jazzlite: 6:40am On Oct 13, 2015
that is a w210 E430 and it is a V8....it is not E320 and it is not 2006

Danfuster:

My bad, I believe I made a mistake... It's an E430 with 16plugs, I'll take pic and post when I go home after my POP to clarify cos I know Nairalanders don't believe without a picture. Below is what the mercedes looks like. I bet you didn't know this model exist, Google is at your disposal
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by holygreal: 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2015
Pls add 08028165882 to the whatsapp group pls
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 2:53pm On Oct 13, 2015
Ucbiu:
HELLO ALL,

I HAVE A BENZ C280, AM ENJOYING THE CAR WITH NO ANY PROBLEM, BUT MY FUEL GAUGE IS DOWN FLAT ON THE DASH BOARD, DONT KNOW WOT TO DO CUS I DONT TRUST THE MECHANISM AROUND ME,

ANY ADVICE PLEASE, IF ANYONE IS HAVING SAME PROB,

THANK YOU, YOUR CONTRIBUTION IS MOST WELCOME.

REGARDS.

Hello Ucbiu, Few things in the same direction could be responsible for this:

1. the chip or reader "popularly known as simcard" in the fuel sending unit inside the fuel tank that usually reads the calibration may be dirty as a result of constant soaking in fuel over a very long time. If it is this, you might have to remove it and clean very well with a good cleaning agent, handily available is the carb cleaner. The removal process is very simple and straight forward, i have discuss sometime in this thread.

2. the speedo or cluster unit itself may be very dirty and may need some clean up in the pins inside , this is another simple process which i have discuss sometime in this thread.

3. Your voltage regulator at the right hand side of your hood can also cause this , even lower voltage battery than the car requirement could also cause this. if you have a spare one you could just swap it and see.

You just have to do physical examination to know which one to really tackle . It is no rocket science but common sense

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 3:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
stechi:
Just got this ML320 and after respraying the part that got some scratches when moving it out from the container, my mechanic just called me complaining about the vehicle overheating and the need to remove the thermostat and connect the fan directly. I still feel there is need to leave the thermostat in the vehicle, kindly advice on what decision to take because I don't want to regret using this vehicle once registered.
Also where can I get its original brake pads (and for how much) because I felt the pads are near to being metals.

Gurus in the house please help a brother.... grin grin grin

Please dont let him remove. It is not the thermostat that causes the overheat, rather it could be :

1. Dirty radiator (take the radiator to steam wash and do that very thoroughly in and out. If it is too old , replace with a new one and bigger one if it came with a small one, then you would be surprise at such effect it could have on your Benz)

2. Dirty water (flush the water and the water duct of the engine too )

3. if your thermostat is higher than 87degrees celsius you could replace with that of 87 degrees celsius or 82 or 79 or 71 degrees celsius.But note the lower the celsius the longer your car will take to reach her operational temperature. Though i want to believe that it is a clogging radiator that is the issue. So you could leave your thermostat at 87 degrees Celsius it came with

4. Check your radiator to be sure that it is not leaking as well

All of them do behave the same when first brought here. I have an ML500 4matic, 8 cylinder, 16 plugs too, it behaved same way but i just washed the radiator thoroughly and flush the ducts and everything became normal. Don't tamper with the cooling system.

5. Check your hoses to be sure they are well tightened and that water is not leaking from anyway.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 3:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
stechi:
Just got this ML320 and after respraying the part that got some scratches when moving it out from the container, my mechanic just called me complaining about the vehicle overheating and the need to remove the thermostat and connect the fan directly. I still feel there is need to leave the thermostat in the vehicle, kindly advice on what decision to take because I don't want to regret using this vehicle once registered.
Also where can I get its original brake pads (and for how much) because I felt the pads are near to being metals.

Please dont let him remove. It is not the thermostat that causes the overheat, rather it could be :

1. Dirty radiator (take the radiator to steam wash and do that very thoroughly in and out. If it is too old , replace with a new one and bigger one if it came with a small one, then you would be surprise at such effect it could have on your Benz)

2. Dirty water (flush the water and the water duct of the engine too )

3. if your thermostat is higher than 87degrees celsius you could replace with that of 87 degrees celsius or 82 or 79 or 71 degrees celsius.But note the lower the celsius the longer your car will take to reach her operational temperature. Though i want to believe that it is a clogging radiator that is the issue. So you could leave your thermostat at 87 degrees Celsius it came with

4. Check your radiator to be sure that it is not leaking as well

All of them do behave the same when first brought here. I have an ML500 4matic, 8 cylinder, 16 plugs too, it behaved same way but i just washed the radiator thoroughly and flush the ducts and everything became normal. Don't tamper with the cooling system.

5. Check your hoses to be sure they are well tightened and that water is not leaking from anyway.

6. Bleed it well when you eventually refill it with water. (don't block the waste hose while refilling with water or coolant until it is gauged, keep on bleeding with your hand while the car is on until all the air bubble is completely removed.)

You dont need to spend money here or visit any service centre or one big mechanic with big name, you may end up spending nothing but just for the steam wash.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nwanwaoge(m): 8:03am On Oct 14, 2015
Pls kindly add dis number 08034198577 to whatsapp benz group...i use a w211...or link me up thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nwanwaoge(m): 8:06am On Oct 14, 2015
wizemoney:
Oya make una add me for the watsapp group as this will be the second time I will be dropping my number on this page 09031341434 I drive an E350 2007
....wize...sup..will love to chat u up..can I add u on whatsapp
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by georgelala2002: 8:53am On Oct 14, 2015
Good day everyone..I got introduced to this forum by my cousin..I've been reading all d comments,questions and answers..u guys are really helpful...pls I just bought a 1996 c class 200 w202 from cotonu..the car is in good condition but I noticed a crack on d glass surface of the ac dryer..my ac repairer said its expired & needs to be replaced because with d ac on it leaks a little gas from there..pls Benz gurus,can I just use adhesive to pour on that crack to seal it temporarily or that will compound issues? also my ac man brought out the filter and asked that I replace it too.. but it doesn't look bad..just dusty..can't it be cleaned and re used?I'm trying to avoid expenses now cos I cleaned out all my accounts to buy this Benz..pls I look forward to ur advice..thank u very much
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by victorD3: 3:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
lomzy1:
I have a tokunbo Benz C220 "97" for sale @ 1.2 Million,
It is very clean.
Direct from Germany.
call 08023881557 or 07061933922

benz C220 1997 for sale

alloy wheels

Power windows

power door locks

Air Bags

ABS

5 speed Auto Transmission

open roof

auto

Factory fitted AC

*Direct from Germany*.

Price - 1.2 million

Send the interior pictures
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kingsteve(m): 4:23pm On Oct 14, 2015
I currently drive the '07 Infiniti M35...sound and powerful machine, however, I've always longed to own a Benz!
Here is my dream ride...behold; the 2014 CLA 250.
Specs:
2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 7-speed Automated Manual
MSRP from
$29,900 (Base Model)

Vehicle Highlights
Fuel Economy: 26/38 mpg (very impressive)
Car Type: Sedan
Transmission: 7-speed Automated Manual
Engine Type: Gas
Total Seating: 5
Cylinders: Inline 4

Hopefully, by the time I'm ready to get one of these beauties, the price must've fallen for the used one. grin

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:09am On Oct 15, 2015
georgelala2002:
Good day everyone..I got introduced to this forum by my cousin..I've been reading all d comments,questions and answers..u guys are really helpful...pls I just bought a 1996 c class 200 w202 from cotonu..the car is in good condition but I noticed a crack on d glass surface of the ac dryer..my ac repairer said its expired & needs to be replaced because with d ac on it leaks a little gas from there..pls Benz gurus,can I just use adhesive to pour on that crack to seal it temporarily or that will compound issues? also my ac man brought out the filter and asked that I replace it too.. but it doesn't look bad..just dusty..can't it be cleaned and re used?I'm trying to avoid expenses now cos I cleaned out all my accounts to buy this Benz..pls I look forward to ur advice..thank u very much
All listed is less than 4k fear not
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by wondermanzion: 7:40am On Oct 16, 2015
Good morning everyone, thanks to the team for putting this group together.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by gadafi147: 10:03pm On Oct 16, 2015
I drive a Mercedes menz ML 320 1998 model and been having problme of steering rag. I have changed this steering rag twice in 6 months and it works perfectly each time I do but fails after about few months.

I don't know if it's a peculiar problem with this ride and if it is,then i'll probably have to go for another make but will be happy if I can get a better solution here.

Please I need an advise on what to do!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jazzlite: 3:30am On Oct 17, 2015
change or kitting? probably you have been buying repaired ones sorry.....
gadafi147:
I drive a Mercedes menz ML 320 1998 model and been having problme of steering rag. I have changed this steering rag twice in 6 months and it works perfectly each time I do but fails after about few months.

I don't know if it's a peculiar problem with this ride and if it is,then i'll probably have to go for another make but will be happy if I can get a better solution here.

Please I need an advise on what to do!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by gadafi147: 11:55am On Oct 17, 2015
I have been changing the rag and not kitting. The mechanic checks them very well in my presence and makes choice of a good one cos the seller's normally brings like 4 to allow us make a choice.

Am so worried and needs an urgent solution to it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2015
Kingsteve:
I currently drive the '07 Infiniti M35...sound and powerful machine, however, I've always longed to own a Benz!
Here is my dream ride...behold; the 2014 CLA 250.
Specs:
2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 7-speed Automated Manual
MSRP from
$29,900 (Base Model)

Vehicle Highlights
Fuel Economy: 26/38 mpg (very impressive)
Car Type: Sedan
Transmission: 7-speed Automated Manual
Engine Type: Gas
Total Seating: 5
Cylinders: Inline 4

Hopefully, by the time I'm ready to get one of these beauties, the price must've fallen for the used one. grin

Explore it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He4KCDpEY7c

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ladipodeal: 10:36pm On Oct 17, 2015
@auhanson
I really need a competent hand to help fix smoking issue in my 1999 w202 C200 CDI Lagos. Was told the turbo charger is bad.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nwanwaoge(m): 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
Good day all, av been having this error Code P0410, P0303,P2004 on my E350 Sports 2007 model . Av changed the secondary air pump, plugs,cleaned the valves...yet d error continues to show up every 4 days whenever i erase it..with a diagnostic tool....any Suggestion pls
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nigeriancuban: 6:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
lungwun:
I have never understood the reason why my fellow Nigerians always choose to be so abrasive and uncouth.

I know its the internet and there is anonymity but could there also be some civility?

Angels09 and Praxisnetworks, i don't know you guys but you sound like very bitter people.

Maybe you all just need a hug?
lol,just free the introverts them,that's what makes nl more interesting though
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nigeriancuban: 6:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
stechi:

any mechanic suggesting any shortcut connection for any part he can't fix in a classic ride as yours is obviously a vulganizer possing as a mech....better get an expect before more harm before your cute ride
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nigeriancuban: 6:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
Coldfaya:
about to pick this c320 4matic with little or no knowledge about benz. Pls advise a bro asap
C-class is a really nice and cool ride,since I acquired mine 2yrs ago I have had nothing but fun drive ....just get a good mech to check out your engine for you and you are good to go bro
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by oba009(m): 2:03pm On Oct 21, 2015
Bros so how was your ride. I know you will enjoy this brand especially

Coldfaya:
about to pick this c320 4matic with little or no knowledge about benz. Pls advise a bro asap
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auztyno: 7:51pm On Nov 01, 2015
gudevenin every1 am new to this thread although i new it existed used to drive bmw e36 before i bought my benz w203 c230 komprrssor d ride has been owkay until recently i started havin coolant issues my radiator had a crack nd started leakin water i fixed it nd all waz fine until it started leakin from another place the man that is repairin it said the radiator is not weak that somtin is actually causin the radiator to burst i noticed the upper radiator hose becomin strong after driving the ride for like 20mins although the car doesnt over heat what i dont no is if the upper radiator hose is meant to be strong after drivin for somtim or is it supose to be squizabl sory for the long writeup tried to cut the story as short as possible 07036833182 dats my digits will appreciat any suggestions thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jakumo(m): 7:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
Decades ago in Kenya, rich government officials and businessmen who tooled around in new Mercedes cars, were referred to as members of the "Wabenzi Tribe" - a term which very conveniently translates into the Nigerian Yoruba language to mean, approximately, the Benz Driver's Tribe.

I therefore raise my glass to the Nairaland forum's Wabenzi tribesmen and women, who have sustained this thread for so many pages. As a certified representative of the OLD SKOOL Wabenzi Tribe, who REFUSE as a matter of policy to drive any Mercedes vehicle that was made after 1999, I salute the owners of newer Mercedes Benzes, and pray that in the fullness of time, y'all will turn away from the dark side, and embrace the ONLY TRUE path of righteousness, by acquiring a 1990s Mercedes set of wheels to maximize your driving pleasure, while flying under the radar of the kidnappers and banditos that infest Nigeria's highways and byways, preying on the obviously rich.

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kuntash: 7:00pm On Nov 03, 2015
104 pages shocked shocked shocked

Let me scout for my old contributors ...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ladipodeal: 10:20pm On Nov 03, 2015
@all
I need help with my 1999 C200 CDI, drives well but gives black smoke when accelerating.
The BAS, Brake Light, ESP and brake light and brake wear indicator comes on together and speedometer drops immediately that happens.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by loveson(m): 7:49am On Nov 04, 2015
Good morning people...
Would like to ask lovers of Mercedes Benz which brand of MB is better when you consider Nigeria's peculiar road issues, flooding, etc. So i need people's opinion, input please

Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chinene1(f): 10:20pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hi everyone, thank God for a thread like this. Please advice me. I bought a 2003 clk 2 door Benz from a friend. He wanted to upgrade so I seized the opportunity. We worked in the same office so I knew that the car was okay cos he was always driving it to work. At the beginning the car was fine but after parking it for like 3 months ( although I warm the engine daily and drive it within the area) the car developed issues. When I try accelerating whether am in motion or at a spot the car sounds like it's struggling then the engine cuts off or it becomes so slow no matter how much the press down. Sometimes when I restart the car it acts fine for another 30 minutes then starts acting up again. To cut the long story short 3 mechanics one of which was the mechanic working with the car from day one, three filter and pump changes, change of plugs (4 plug engine), ejector cleaning etc the problem persist. The annoying thing is the car will perform okay for about 2 weeks then the problem starts again. The fuel Guage has issues as it does not give a correct reading but I don't think this is the cause. Anyone with experience please help. Am already thinking of selling it again less than 6 months after purchase.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chucky234(m): 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2015
Benz, the car for men of class
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 11:01am On Nov 08, 2015
chinene1:
Hi everyone, thank God for a thread like this. Please advice me. I bought a 2003 clk 2 door Benz from a friend. He wanted to upgrade so I seized the opportunity. We worked in the same office so I knew that the car was okay cos he was always driving it to work. At the beginning the car was fine but after parking it for like 3 months ( although I warm the engine daily and drive it within the area) the car developed issues. When I try accelerating whether am in motion or at a spot the car sounds like it's struggling then the engine cuts off or it becomes so slow no matter how much the press down. Sometimes when I restart the car it acts fine for another 30 minutes then starts acting up again. To cut the long story short 3 mechanics one of which was the mechanic working with the car from day one, three filter and pump changes, change of plugs (4 plug engine), ejector cleaning etc the problem persist. The annoying thing is the car will perform okay for about 2 weeks then the problem starts again. The fuel Guage has issues as it does not give a correct reading but I don't think this is the cause. Anyone with experience please help. Am already thinking of selling it again less than 6 months after purchase.

Location location location....
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 08, 2015
chinene1:
Hey sorry... A Benz shouldn't be parked for long.... Are you on WhatsApp? If yes drop your number lets put you on the Benz real-time online group that covers all regions in Nigeria.... But I suspect your engine harness wire
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by rozey247(m): 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
happy sunday 2 all benz xpert in d house. Please i want to know how often do i need to be changing air filter and how easy its to change. I dont knw much about changing air filter but i read online that its recommended 2b change once in a while as it affect engine performance. I am using C230 KOMPRESSOR 2005 model. And pls i will like to knw the price of the filter here in nigeria. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.