Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:52 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (986606 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (548) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 07, 2019
Eddee:

Review no hard, we go run am as always. But that 212 will cost upwards of 6.5m if you decide to penny pinch and order/ship/clear your self. That's still very high for a car with practically little second third hand value
The cost doesn't make sense.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:30pm On Dec 07, 2019
Eddee:

Review no hard, we go run am as always. But that 212 will cost upwards of 6.5m if you decide to penny pinch and order/ship/clear your self. That's still very high for a car with practically little second third hand value

Yeah, we go wait make e cheap small first. grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 7:41pm On Dec 07, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Yeah, we go wait make e cheap small first. grin

Mehn, na dey way forward be that.

Smartchoiice:

The cost doesn't make sense.

My brother, you don see am finish.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 7:43pm On Dec 07, 2019
Oh, and today a prominent cartalk member married the love of his life in Uyo. Pictures and videos are available on WhatsApp - wedding was very colourful. Kingreign is now a Mr. Y'all should put some respek in his moniker grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:26pm On Dec 07, 2019
Eddee:
Oh, and today a prominent cartalk member married the love of his life in Uyo. Pictures and videos are available on WhatsApp - wedding was very colourful. Kingreign is now a Mr. Y'all should put some respek in his moniker grin grin

Applaudise.

Happy married life, Kingreign. wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 9:28pm On Dec 07, 2019
For that G35 vs V8 charger(anything dodge), I no gree. Eddee, if you no go get mind flog/dethrone dannybrasky ehn, call me come that calabar make i come do am. Insurance will cover your car grin. No fear
If world end tomorrow and everybody disappear, I'm very sure say I no go still disappear just because I never own a dodge with a very healthy Hemi. grin grin grin grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 9:29pm On Dec 07, 2019
Eddee:
A happy married life to Mr. Kingreign

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2019
banky3w:
For that G35 vs V8 charger(anything dodge), I no gree. Eddee, if you no go get mind flog/dethrone dannybrasky ehn, call me come that calabar make i come do am. Insurance will cover your car grin. No fear
If world end tomorrow and everybody disappear, I'm very sure say I no go still disappear just because I never own a dodge with a very healthy Hemi. grin grin grin grin

No be road matter, roads dey my end wer you fit push pedal down, infact for night, you fit empty speedo for some stretch sef if you ready meet your maker. (potholes still dey constitution for most parts).

As long as na straight line, I no dey fear. I just dey feel say Nissan and Heavenly.Bang don rig Google reviews and YouTube finish. Nothing their motor no dey settle down beat, as in beat well. Check out the video in front wer that puny v6 humble hemi.

Since this na very serious allegation of rigging, I still dey research on the conspiracy theory, in fact I go hire the original online consultant and web archiver here make him make findings revert to the house.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 9:44pm On Dec 07, 2019
banky3w:
Me ke,na heavenlybang they compete with am,I am just trying to stop the flogging or let me say know what the outcome is,now that you have given Eddee some titanium heart. I am ready to watch from the stands cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 9:49pm On Dec 07, 2019
Eddee:

No be road matter, roads dey my end wer you fit push pedal down, infact for night, you fit empty speedo for some stretch sef if you ready meet your maker. (potholes still dey constitution for most parts).

As long as na straight line, I no dey fear. I just dey feel say Nissan and Heavenly.Bang don rig Google reviews and YouTube finish. Nothing their motor no dey settle down beat, as in beat well. Check out the video in front wer that puny v6 humble hemi.
Since this na very serious allegation of rigging, I still dey research on the conspiracy theory, in fact I go hire the original online consultant and web archiver here make him make findings revert to the house.

I did some research myself. Dodge charger is one of the cars used by u.s .a police and they chase down almost every car. If the car is not fast enough to beat a G35,then i don't understand the miracle behind that Nissan engine.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nurey(m): 10:19pm On Dec 07, 2019
dannybrasky:

I did some research myself. Dodge charger is one of the cars used by u.s .a police and they chase down almost every car. If the car is not fast enough to beat a G35,then i don't understand the miracle behind that Nissan engine.

The police Dodge charger isn't your normal stock HEMI, they have some tweak to them and they are only able to catch bad cars because

1. Most cars they chase are no match for those cars, I don't expect your normal Camry, Honda accord, Civic etc to out run a highly modified V8

2. Those chase are not predetermined, you running from the law can't fix variables that can help you win a race like other road users, road conditions etc

3. You are been chased by several cars, no way you can shake them all, it's not Need for speed but real life scenario, any mistake, it's game over no pause button, retry or restart button.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nurey(m): 10:25pm On Dec 07, 2019
Eddee:

I expected more from you though, so you didn't know mustang, Camaro and all those American muscle just pack V8 for the exhaust note, they can only brag to normal 2gr and J35 Engines.

nah only the 6.1L try small but what kind of person would ride that around town they sniff petrol instantaneously

you should have gone for a Civic Si, type R or the almighty sleeper VW golf R performance

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 10:50pm On Dec 07, 2019
Eddee:

When Queenreign go present to elders?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 10:51pm On Dec 07, 2019
dannybrasky:

Police chargers have a different motor and suspension. They are custom built and different states use different brands. They put out the specs they want and let the brands bid.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 11:24pm On Dec 07, 2019
radautoworks:

Police chargers have a different motor and suspension. They are custom built and different states use different brands. They put out the specs they want and let the brands bid.

You are very correct,i read it during my research on the dodge charger. Thank you madam Rad. wink

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 7:50am On Dec 08, 2019
radautoworks:

When Queenreign go present to elders?

She go branch lekki greet elders, it's in the constitution!

Nurey getting an SRT8 will cost an arm and a leg, I currently have need for those body parts. Besides, I don't see the need for a Civic Si/Type R or a Bug. HeavenlyBang go still find way buy 370z.

Dannybrasky no worry, that G35 no too well, guy man been mention somewhere say the car get CEL - I dey fancy my chances well. Car wer don dey suffer for naija for the past how many months? By now go don lose like 50 hp from engine performance, even suspension sef don hear am.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:00am On Dec 08, 2019
dannybrasky:

Police chase cars are customized. But not with respect to engines. Just suspensions, cooling systems, etc. A police chase is very different from a race, as someone pointed out. It's more protracted and has more to do with endurance, knowledge of terrain, and wit. Not really speed.

As for why the G37 wrecks a Charger Hemi? That's because Chargers are boats. Heavy as hell. It's not really surprising. A G37 will do 0-60 in as low as 5.1s, the Charger Hemi does it in around 5.4s. Quarter mile times are also similar.

So yeah, the G is just quicker. Slightly, though. Very slightly. It's something quality of drivers can even out.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:01am On Dec 08, 2019
Eddee:

Nurey getting an SRT8 will cost an arm and a leg, I currently have need for those body parts. Besides, I don't see the need for a Civic Si/Type R or a Bug. HeavenlyBang go still find way buy 370z.

Dannybrasky no worry, that G35 no too well, guy man been mention somewhere say the car get CEL - I dey fancy my chances well. Car wer don dey suffer for naija for the past how many months? By now go don lose like 50 hp from engine performance, even suspension sef don hear am.

Lmao, the mental gymnastics here. grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 8:25am On Dec 08, 2019
Eddee:

Factor this in and there is a huge chance the dodge would take all the glory. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 8:34am On Dec 08, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Lmao, the mental gymnastics here. grin

I have mad respect for Nissans, but build quality and refinement no just dey. This M35 was packed for some time, I think 11 months or so alongside a Toyota Picnic looking for a buyer, from where dem pack am e dey here develop engine overheating issues, CPS issues, leaky moon-roof, interior falling apart like a deck of cards, in short whenever I drive it, my eyes are constantly on the temperature guage. The picnic runs and drives smoothly, no interior bits here and there.

It's very sad, - I've the parts to fix it, but competent mechanics hard to find for here, and I no ready dash anybody one kobo. Maybe I go open thread put am for sale "as is". Full disclosure no be problem for where I dey.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:45am On Dec 08, 2019
Eddee:

I have mad respect for Nissans, but build quality and refinement no just dey. This M35 was packed for some time, I think 11 months or so alongside a Toyota Picnic looking for a buyer, from where dem pack am e dey here develop engine overheating issues, CPS issues, leaky moon-roof, interior falling apart like a deck of cards, in short whenever I drive it, my eyes are constantly on the temperature guage. The picnic runs and drives smoothly, no interior bits here and there.

It's very sad, - I've the parts to fix it, but competent mechanics hard to find for here, and I no ready dash anybody one kobo. Maybe I go open thread put am for sale "as is". Full disclosure no be problem for where I dey.

Very weird, as my G is verrry solidly built. Very. Built like a tank structurally. But yeah, steering wheel and door control trims are all faded.

I think Infiniti picked up things in 2007 with the release of the 2nd gen G. First gen G's also had issues similar to what you listed.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 8:49am On Dec 08, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Very weird, as my G is verrry solidly built. Very. Built like a tank structurally. But yeah, steering wheel and door control trims are all faded.

I think Infiniti picked up things in 2007 with the release of the 2nd gen G. First gen G's also had issues similar to what you listed.

Yeah, some times I feel they could have just stored it properly, it's in the past now. Anybody that wants a proper restoration headache challenge, can always PM me.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by greatstephenho(m): 3:28pm On Dec 08, 2019
banky3w:

A happy married life to Mr. Kingreign
happy married life bro
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 9icetoo(m): 11:10am On Dec 09, 2019
Eddee:
Happy married life Kingreign. Welcome to the club. We didn't get the memo though. Congrats.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nurey(m): 12:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
Happy married life kingreign, twins, triplets, quadruple in the union with long life and happiness in the union.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mammanbawa: 8:44pm On Dec 09, 2019
Happy married life kingreign, God bless you and yours!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Bizzyliss(m): 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2019
Foreign used 08 C300 4matic selling 2.7m will b offloaded tomorrow

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AshipaEk0: 7:59am On Dec 10, 2019
Ogbomosho-looking paint job
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 7:40am On Dec 12, 2019
nurey:
Happy married life kingreign, twins, triplets, quadruple in the union with long life and happiness in the union.

I always quarrel with people who wish me this. Una go donate make I raise them grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nurey(m): 7:43am On Dec 12, 2019
radautoworks:

I always quarrel with people who wish me this. Una go donate make I raise them grin

Man Gives but God provides
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by micluv111: 9:56am On Dec 12, 2019
nurey:

Man Gives but God provides

Typical 9ja mentality grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 10:14am On Dec 12, 2019
micluv111:

Typical 9ja mentality grin
I'm telling you grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (548) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.