Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (970118 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cantab(m): 3:44pm On Jul 29, 2015
cantab:
Respectable Mercedes gurus, Please i have an issue with my c200 kompressor (2002) model. The car engine doesnt rev anymore, when i start the engine, the pedal goes soft, down & flat as i trottle down. It all started when i drove past a pool of water, i do remember that it plashed water as i went past it even though i drove with caution at that point. The next day i tried starting the engine but the battery power has gone down, I engaged an auto electrician close to my house & he advised we support the 100 amps battery with another to power the engine up, which we did & the engine started, still the car wouldnt roll an inch.....Please Auhanson, Eyop et all, i solicit your expert advise.

Have you scanned the car? If you haven't,please have it done and if you have,what was the result of the scan?

Eyob & cne010

No scans yet, am at work offshores...will scan & publish the result asap...many thnx ,

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mikkhon(m): 9:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
Pls add me to d whatsapp group 08055573592
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by edubest(m): 9:40am On Jul 30, 2015
Pls also add me to the benz whatsapp group 08033804837.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ameena(f): 5:36am On Jul 31, 2015
Hi all, Kindly add me up on the Benz group as well
08036159870. Thanx.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by daVinci1(m): 7:46am On Aug 02, 2015
Pls also add 08098384624 in the MB WhatsApp group. Tnx
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by itemj2k(m): 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
Good day all! Been longing to join this group for a while, just got myself a c200t. Pls I need advice and tips to keep it in top shape. I hav only gas the AC. No oil change yet. Pls also add me to thw whatsapp group chat 0803

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by camaro(m): 7:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
Nice ride
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Megatone(m): 7:50am On Aug 03, 2015
Pls add me to wassap group
Tnx
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Mnine3: 8:55pm On Aug 03, 2015
daVinci1:
Pls also add 08098384624 in the MB WhatsApp group. Tnx
y

Pls add me on Benz WhatsApp group please 08064610945
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Mnine3: 11:56pm On Aug 03, 2015
Please am a Benz owner and want to join d WhatsApp group please help 08064610945
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OPUSDEI1(m): 11:02am On Aug 04, 2015
Good day. Kindly add me on the MB Whatsapp group. 08077474241
Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mane4(m): 4:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
[quote author=auhanson post=36309938]

Thanks bro. As much as I'm very much a DIY kind of person (yes I love taking care of mmy cars) I know when to involve the experts; with your explanation, I have a feeling it's something I'd enjoy doing myself but uv now mentioned areas I can't possibly see with my eyes,meaning experience is called for there.
Anyway, guys I did d fuse reset again. & iv filled up three times since then & my baby is back on point & behaving. Thanks to youtube.
Still waiting for d WhatsApp group add. Or drop a number we can hook up with. @Auhanson, you in Abuja?
Btw I'm looking @ d 2006/8 E300/320. Any advice from my esteemed Benz gurus? (parts,power,durability,known/recurring issues with d ride?)
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Giftedstan(m): 6:10pm On Aug 04, 2015
Good day sirs ! Plz I mostly drive my mum c180 elegance, don't know the year . when the gears engages it produces a jack n sound simultaneously like it just climbed a bumb; plz what could be the problem. Thanks ... ( I'm a fan of HONDA expecially& Nissan but of lately I'm beginning to fall for MB cos of its stability @even 135 but my only issue is it lag I.e not smart like the Honda manual I've driven when I stepped on my pedal for quick/fast movement not until it gets to 60km & above which irritate as I love fast response wen required) once again thanks for ur help.

Stanley ( plz add me on Whatsap grp 08131876268

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tuco02: 10:34am On Aug 05, 2015
Please add me in d benz whatsapp group
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
I have difficulty resetting my radio back to FM mode after it was changed to AM mode by at a car wash. Need help please, 240 2002.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by STAMPandSEAL: 5:58pm On Aug 10, 2015
I love MBZ!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 12, 2015
Hi Everybody!

I am a lover of both Honda EOD 2005 and Benz 2004/2005 c240 equally. As a low income earner, what can i go for out of the two?

I cant buy two but only one lol... Pls, I need a review on them. Pls convince me on which to buy. help save a brother

Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Konnektions146(m): 12:16pm On Aug 12, 2015
Soyedele1:
Hi Everybody!

I am a lover of both Honda EOD 2005 and Benz 2004/2005 c240 equally. As a low income earner, what can i go for out of the two?

I cant buy two but only one lol... Pls, I need a review on them. Pls convince me on which to buy. help save a brother

Thanks

the 2 items are clearly not mates, Mercedes is more of comfort and luxury, EOD is more of a run around vehicle .

Mercedes=expensive and longer lasting spare parts.

A lot of factors would guide you-
Comfort=240
economy-EOD
maintenance cost on short term-EOD
maintenance cost on long run-240
effizzy/Class-240
location-kazeems are clueless about german and american cars(if you live in major cities, then mercedes )

others can contribute

If your income is low as u make it seem, then its a Honda.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by edubest(m): 4:07pm On Aug 12, 2015
To the Benz whatsapp Admistrator
Pls I want to know why u removed my number
08033804837, from the group
I completed the introduction or registration processes, which includes introducing myself, my profession, my location even snapping my ride etc, Pls let me know what I have done wrong or what I failed to do, lest I conclude the group is made for some special persons.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 3:55am On Aug 15, 2015
talk to him personally as you know his number ....more so it is a group matter not a nairaland issue...my advice.

edubest:
I completed the introduction or registration processes, which includes introducing myself, my profession, my location even snapping my ride etc, Pls let me know what I have done wrong or what I failed to do, lest I conclude the group is made for some special persons.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by lungwun(m): 7:18am On Aug 15, 2015
Here we go again

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheRealGEJ: 9:50am On Aug 20, 2015
Fellow nairalanders on this Mercedes thread. I really need your advice. I made a huge mistake buying EOD honda and i have sold it already. It's been one problem to another. I am a low salary earner but this car really dealt with me. Almost every week, it's mechanic shop. Though I was adviced by a friend that works with Coscharis to buy Mercedes that though it's expensive to maintain but maintenance and repair is not an every day thing. Or if I am not too comfortable with the Mercedes, I should just stick to Toyota but he would NEVER advice me to buy any honda. I wish I listened. But that's history now!
I want the Mercedes now, though I'm looking for a W203 C class 2002 to 2005 models or should I just go for Toyota products ( Camry or Corolla ). I don't want to experience wat I went through with that honda. Really need your advice.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Trafford(m): 9:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
Auhanson, Eyop, cne010, GUAZZ... and fellow professionals in the house... so many questions here... This room is no longer active

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheRealGEJ: 6:53am On Aug 21, 2015
TheRealGEJ:
Fellow nairalanders on this Mercedes thread. I really need your advice. I made a huge mistake buying EOD honda and i have sold it already. It's been one problem to another. I am a low salary earner but this car really dealt with me. Almost every week, it's mechanic shop. Though I was adviced by a friend that works with Coscharis to buy Mercedes that though it's expensive to maintain but maintenance and repair is not an every day thing. Or if I am not too comfortable with the Mercedes, I should just stick to Toyota but he would NEVER advice me to buy any honda. I wish I listened. But that's history now!
I want the Mercedes now, though I'm looking for a W203 C class 2002 to 2005 models or should I just go for Toyota products ( Camry or Corolla ). I don't want to experience wat I went through with that honda. Really need your advice.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:58am On Aug 21, 2015
[quote author=TheRealGEJ post=37175551][/quote]

You didn't make a huge mistake buying the Honda EOD because so many are using this same brand/model without having any problem but just regular maintenance despite the news about their transmission related problems. I guess you bought a salvage title EOD and that's why you encountered a lot of issues. Even if you buy a German brand(Benz,BMW,Audi,etc) that's lemon,you still will encounter problems as well.

Since you've decided to stick to the W203 Benz,ensure you get one that isn't lemon and was well maintained. The W203 is well loaded and I will advice you get a more recent one because issues with the earlier models were corrected in the recent ones. I will suggest you go for 2004 or 2005 since you indicated 2002-2005. Features changed in the 2005 compared to the 2004 e.g the sound system changed from Bose to Harman Kardon in the 2005,steering,wheels and other exterior parts as well.

Benz is not as problematic as people keep saying but when you don't stick to rules of maintenance by bypassing electrical or mechanical components,that's when the problem starts or not using genuine parts. Yes the benz is slightly expensive to maintain compared to Japanese brands but remember it doesn't just break down and one replacement done on the benz can last you for more than 3yrs. I don't know what you mean by as a low salary earner but so many earning below what you earn are comfortably using benz and do not have any regrets.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 21, 2015
TheRealGEJ:

I think owning a Benz or any German auto should be a thing of passion and interest no one should advice you to do what you don't want to do, I think the EOD is a nice car guess you bought a badly maintained one I have a friend that has been using one for a long time and no problems.

Benz can be expensive to maintain depending on your mechanic and your location, You said you're a low salary earner the W203 is a nice car and I have owned one for a little above a year now and it hasn't really been expensive to run and you should go the preventive maintenance way.

Personally if you've never dreamed of owning a Benz I would advice you get a Camry that can be easily repaired without needing a special workshop to work on your car like a Mercedes.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 21, 2015
Trafford:
Auhanson, Eyop, cne010, GUAZZ... and fellow professionals in the house... so many questions here... This room is no longer active

Eyop how you dey long time, Sorry I have been to busy to comment on this thread in a way I think we need to bring it back to life.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
edubest:

Sorry the whatsapp group requires active contributing members guess you were delisted cos you haven't said anything in a while. Talk to smartchoice to add you back.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 2:46pm On Aug 21, 2015
cne010:

Eyop how you dey long time, Sorry I have been to busy to comment on this thread in a way I think we need to bring it back to life.

Bro am doing very well and yes its been a while. I guess the members have been busy and that's the reason why some questions are not attended to on time. Ember month is approaching so man must hustle cheesy cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
Eyop:

Bro am doing very well and yes its been a while. I guess the members have been busy and that's the reason why some questions are not attended to on time. Ember month is approaching so man must hustle cheesy cheesy

Na so we see am How is your Mercedes?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 2:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
cne010:

Na so we see am How is your Mercedes?

Yes oooh. Doing well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.