Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,374 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (968975 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Trafford(m): 12:43pm On Jul 04, 2015
Trafford:
Please what is the price for 2003 Mercedes C200 compressor engine. My bros wants to buy the car but people are discouraged because he was being told that the engine that is very expensive... Please how true is that and is the car problematic... Thanks

Professionals in the house please I need your help... @eyop and fellow gurus pls o
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2015
Trafford:

Professionals in the house please I need your help... @eyop and fellow gurus pls o

Is your brother interested in buying engine or the car? There's nothing wrong with a C200 kompressor. C200 is a German spec and if it was American,it should C230. The engine is not expensive.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Trafford(m): 7:42pm On Jul 04, 2015
Eyop:

Is your brother interested in buying engine or the car? There's nothing wrong with a C200 kompressor. C200 is a German spec and if it was American,it should C230. The engine is not expensive.

Thanks for the reply @eyop... He is actually buying the car but he is being discouraged that parts are very expensive to maintain as he is just started and also an average earner... not too low though and also it's his first car. Hence he needs advice, though he has made his mind up that if it's not Mercedes, He won't be buying any other car. So is it advisable to go for it as a low salary earner and also his first car. And yes it's German spec... Please I need your reply because we will be going to get it this week... All experts in the house @GAZZUZZ @SmartChoices @auhanson @eyop @cne010
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ladipodeal: 11:09pm On Jul 04, 2015
Benz gurus
Please where can I get spare key for 1999 W202 (Suck in type) any idea how much it will cost in Lagos.
Got a similar key can it coded to work with mine?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 11:14pm On Jul 04, 2015
Good evening benzites! Please can I get a very clean and sound Nigerian used w202 c class for 400k? If no, what should I budget for a decently used w202? c200 and above.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Trafford(m): 11:53am On Jul 08, 2015
Eyop:

Thanks for the reply @eyop... He is actually buying the car but he is being discouraged that parts are very expensive to maintain as he is just started and also an average earner... not too low though and also it's his first car. Hence he needs advice, though he has made his mind up that if it's not Mercedes, He won't be buying any other car. So is it advisable to go for it as a low salary earner and also his first car. And yes it's German spec... Please I need your reply because we will be going to get it this week... All experts in the house @GAZZUZZ @SmartChoices @auhanson @eyop @cne010
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Demdem(m): 2:53pm On Jul 08, 2015
Trafford:
Please what is the price for 2003 Mercedes C200 compressor engine. My bros wants to buy the car but people are discouraged because he was being told that the engine that is very expensive... Please how true is that and is the car problematic... Thanks

If u treat ur baby well, u won't need to think about cost of changing an engine that u avnt even purchased.
Those engines are designed to last forever.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 9:54pm On Jul 08, 2015
Eyop:

@eyop,please is the C230 engine expensive?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nuttyp: 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
Trafford:

I am also almost in the same shoes with@Trafford. Mistakenly drove a friend's 2005 c240 4matic and i was blown away. It was super quiet and comfy, we no dey feel potholes @ all, not too fast but adequate. Currently am thinking of buying a 2005 EOD (known Devil) or 2005 c230 kompressor, love how it looks or 2006 c280 (Unknown Angels). Some reviews say the 2005 c230 has a stiff suspension that makes driving over bumps and potholes very unpleasant, bumpy and jarring. I love the way my friend's car drives but there is nothing, i want to believe, i don't about the EOD problems (Used it some years back). Some say benz uses premium fuel which if in Naija you must always buy fuel treatment every-time you re-fuel. Some say electrical issues trail c-class. Some say the kompressor engine is bad. Please and please assist me by enlightening me more on c-class 2005 and 2006 models. By the way, I am buying it for my wife, so don't want a car that will make me trek if she takes mine. Also, want a car that i can occasionally steal away...Many thanks as you reply
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:09pm On Jul 09, 2015
leTrizzle:

@eyop,please is the C230 engine expensive?

Not expensive and even cheaper than a lot of Japanese engines. You shouldn't be thinking towards replacing engine if you take proper care of it by using the right engine oil,servicing as at when due,using the right oil filter,etc.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
Trafford:

If he has made up his mind to stick with the Mercedes brand,then he should shut his ears to side talks. He should forget about the negatives and decide on what he really wants.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 9:27pm On Jul 09, 2015
Eyop:

Not expensive and even cheaper than a lot of Japanese engines. You shouldn't be thinking towards replacing engine if you take proper care of it by using the right engine oil,servicing as at when due,using the right oil filter,etc.
@eyop, thanks boss, but do they all have the airflow sensor? The American version c230 kompressor I mean.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
leTrizzle:
@eyop, thanks boss, but do they all have the airflow sensor? The American version c230 kompressor I mean.

You welcome sir. Yes it does.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 9:17am On Jul 10, 2015
Eyop:

@eyop, that's quite scary oh, a colleague of mine had to sell his own after trying so hard to get one to work on his benz. he says getting a fit could be difficult most times n i should avoid it. what's your take on this?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Trafford(m): 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2015
Eyop:

If he has made up his mind to stick with the Mercedes brand,then he should shut his ears to side talks. He should forget about the negatives and decide on what he really wants.

Thanks a lot I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Udiboy(f): 2:57am On Jul 14, 2015
I have a 2004 ML 350 I shipped from US. It's for sale for 1.7M. It's very sharp and clean
Location is Lagos incase u wanna see it.
Email me at match_15@yahoo.com

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by viazi: 10:38am On Jul 16, 2015
@ Am joining U guys with a c200 kompressor any moment. Is that spec ok? I intend sourcing for Benz follow come 17 inch rim to go with it , Is this OK?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 10:58pm On Jul 16, 2015
Eyop:

Hello bro, u didn't reply my last question, hope am not asking too many questions? Just that I need all the information I can gather to be on the safe side. Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shamecurls(m): 11:29pm On Jul 16, 2015
Can someone share with me his/her experience with 2001 ML430 as i intend to purchase a Nigerian used.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by viazi: 10:07am On Jul 17, 2015
viazi:
@ Am joining U guys with a c200 2002 kompressor any moment. Is that spec ok? I intend sourcing for Benz follow come 17 inch rim to go with it , Is this OK?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:07am On Jul 17, 2015
leTrizzle:

Hello bro, u didn't reply my last question, hope am not asking too many questions? Just that I need all the information I can gather to be on the safe side. Thanks.

Compliments sir...do you know the history of your colleague's car? If you go through this thread carefully,you will see some testimonies about the C230 owners after encouraging them to go for it. Once you maintain the German brand very well,you won't have a problem. If you patronise the kazeems,you will get Kazeem results because Mercedes may not tolerate abuse like the Japanese. If you are still not comfortable with the C230 because of the air flow sensor issue according to what your colleague told you,then select another model. Cheers
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shamecurls(m): 10:10am On Jul 17, 2015
shamecurls:
Can someone share with me his/her experience with 2001 ML430 as i intend to purchase a Nigerian used.

Please! Any info?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.