Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,278 members, 7,829,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

American Arrested For $8.5m Illegal Arms Deal With Nigerian Government - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / American Arrested For $8.5m Illegal Arms Deal With Nigerian Government (32022 Views)

Abdulrahim Dangana Gay Predator Arrested For $8,420USD Scam In Kaduna (Photo) / Nwanta Anayoeze Arrested By EFCC For $8.5 Million Scam / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Prison For $8.3M Medicare Fraud. Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Arrested For $8.5m Illegal Arms Deal With Nigerian Government by Mursz: 6:41am On May 22, 2019
Lord of war! grin
Re: American Arrested For $8.5m Illegal Arms Deal With Nigerian Government by Pennywise(m): 8:06am On May 22, 2019
Another multimillion dollar waste. Who in the Govt facilitated this deal when there are legitimate arms dealers all over the globe. Corruption in Buhari's Govt had their eyes blinded to all legitimate sources of arms.
Re: American Arrested For $8.5m Illegal Arms Deal With Nigerian Government by delishpot: 9:20am On May 22, 2019
They are buying through the bck door to arm their terrorists. Then they send the Army to go and fight with outdated weapons.
Re: American Arrested For $8.5m Illegal Arms Deal With Nigerian Government by ginovera: 9:21am On May 22, 2019
mvem:
check the dates...2013/2014

Coconut brain sad
Re: American Arrested For $8.5m Illegal Arms Deal With Nigerian Government by delishpot: 9:22am On May 22, 2019
Pennywise:
Another multimillion dollar waste. Who in the Govt facilitated this deal when there are legitimate arms dealers all over the globe. Corruption in Buhari's Govt had their eyes blinded to all legitimate sources of arms.

Those arms were most likely not to be recorded as state owned. They want to buy arms which uses will not be monitored or traced by international bodies. They knew what they were doing when they decided to go black market route. They are stocking their private army or rebels. This begs the question of... What are these men in power cooking up in secret? They arm terrorists and we wonder how boko haram and others get sophisticated weapons. Nigerians are ignorant and proud of it. Ewu'nbe loko lounge!
Re: American Arrested For $8.5m Illegal Arms Deal With Nigerian Government by ginovera: 9:26am On May 22, 2019
texazzpete:

This crime happened during the Jonathan administration. The money was paid to this black market dealer by Sambo Dasuki himself.

You people should learn to read properly na.

Hope ur papa no waste money on you or na sentiment they becloud your ability to comprehend....
Re: American Arrested For $8.5m Illegal Arms Deal With Nigerian Government by mvem(m): 12:54pm On May 22, 2019
Olukat:

Go back to school if you can't understand this two lines news sad sad
...draw me to the details and correct me. I am human na
Re: American Arrested For $8.5m Illegal Arms Deal With Nigerian Government by mvem(m): 12:54pm On May 22, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
That was when his license was seized.
ok

1 Like 1 Share

BanevsJoker:

Liar. He was banned from arms dealing in 2013. Don't try to be clever by half.
draw me to the details and correct me. I am human na
Re: American Arrested For $8.5m Illegal Arms Deal With Nigerian Government by xwolverine: 1:05pm On May 22, 2019
ginovera:

Coconut brain sad

Read below. Don't just comment. Think before you post
In furtherance of this arms deal, it is alleged that in June 2014, Dolarian executed sales contracts with Societe D’Equipments Internationaux (SEI), a French arms brokering company acting on behalf of Nigeria, for the purchase and transfer of high‑explosive bombs, rockets, military-grade firearms, and aircraft-mounted cannons worth more than $8.5 million. Dolarian submitted a brokering application with the U.S. State Department in June 2014 for the proposed deal with Nigeria. This brokering application, along with a later one, was never approved by the State Department.
Without approval from the State Department, Dolarian allegedly accepted approximately $8.3 million from Nigeria and its broker, SEI. These funds were, in part, funneled by Nigeria through a purported furniture company in Hong Kong. Then they were routed through numerous shell accounts held by Dolarian, and others. Soon after obtaining the funds, Dolarian used them to pay off personal expenses, such as federal and state tax debts, and to buy a BMW SUV. In February 2015, the federal government seized over $6 million that remained in Dolarian’s accounts. Civil forfeiture proceedings related to that seizure are currently pending (Case No. 1:15-cv-954-DAD).
“Homeland Security Investigations’ (HSI) national security priorities include the investigation of violations of the arms export and money laundering control laws of the United States,” said Ryan L. Spradlin, HSI Special Agent in Charge. “Illegal arms brokering represents a threat, not only to U.S. national security, but to the security of the international community.”
This case is the product of an investigation by Homeland Security Investigations. This matter is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Grant B. Rabenn and Jeffrey Spivak, and Department of Justice Trial Attorney Christian Ford of the National Security Division’s Counterintelligence and Expert Control Section.
Re: American Arrested For $8.5m Illegal Arms Deal With Nigerian Government by xwolverine: 1:05pm On May 22, 2019
BanevsJoker:

Liar. He was banned from arms dealing in 2013. Don't try to be clever by half.

Read below. Don't just comment. Think before you post
In furtherance of this arms deal, it is alleged that in June 2014, Dolarian executed sales contracts with Societe D’Equipments Internationaux (SEI), a French arms brokering company acting on behalf of Nigeria, for the purchase and transfer of high‑explosive bombs, rockets, military-grade firearms, and aircraft-mounted cannons worth more than $8.5 million. Dolarian submitted a brokering application with the U.S. State Department in June 2014 for the proposed deal with Nigeria. This brokering application, along with a later one, was never approved by the State Department.
Without approval from the State Department, Dolarian allegedly accepted approximately $8.3 million from Nigeria and its broker, SEI. These funds were, in part, funneled by Nigeria through a purported furniture company in Hong Kong. Then they were routed through numerous shell accounts held by Dolarian, and others. Soon after obtaining the funds, Dolarian used them to pay off personal expenses, such as federal and state tax debts, and to buy a BMW SUV. In February 2015, the federal government seized over $6 million that remained in Dolarian’s accounts. Civil forfeiture proceedings related to that seizure are currently pending (Case No. 1:15-cv-954-DAD).
“Homeland Security Investigations’ (HSI) national security priorities include the investigation of violations of the arms export and money laundering control laws of the United States,” said Ryan L. Spradlin, HSI Special Agent in Charge. “Illegal arms brokering represents a threat, not only to U.S. national security, but to the security of the international community.”
This case is the product of an investigation by Homeland Security Investigations. This matter is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Grant B. Rabenn and Jeffrey Spivak, and Department of Justice Trial Attorney Christian Ford of the National Security Division’s Counterintelligence and Expert Control Section.
Re: American Arrested For $8.5m Illegal Arms Deal With Nigerian Government by Torg77: 1:20pm On May 22, 2019
chinambusay:
An American identified as Ara Dolaria, has been arrested by the United States government over an illegal arms deal with the Nigerian government. The 58-year-old man who was arrested on May 15 and also stands accused of money laundering, and conspiracy, allegedly accepted approximately $8.3 million from Nigeria and SEI. A statement released by the U.S. attorney's office on Monday, May 20, 2019, revealed that his Fresno-based arms brokering company, Dolarian Capital Inc. (DCI), had been denied licenses to broker international arms deals by the U.S. Department of State beginning in 2013 and continuing through 2014.

However he went on to execute sales contracts with Societe D'Equipments Internationaux (SEI), a French arms brokering company acting on behalf of Nigeria, for the purchase and transfer of high‑explosive bombs, rockets, military-grade firearms, and aircraft-mounted cannons worth more than $8.5 million. It was gathered that the Nigerian government funneled the funds, in part, through a purported furniture company in Hong Kong and then routed them through numerous shell accounts held by Dolarian and others.

While the US government seized over $6 million that remained in Dolarian's account with civil forfeiture proceedings related to that seizure currently pending, it was learnt that he used the funds to pay off personal expenses such as federal and state tax debts, and the purchase of a BMW SUV. The American who was arrested for $8.5m illegal arms deal with Nigerian government, had also tried to broker illegal arms deals with the Cameroonian government as well as Paul Malong, a South Sudanese warlord in Kenya.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/21/american-arrested-for-8-5m-illegal-arms-deal-with-nigerian-government/

Re: American Arrested For $8.5m Illegal Arms Deal With Nigerian Government by Olukat(m): 1:27pm On May 22, 2019
mvem:
...draw me to the details and correct me. I am human na

No vex my brother.
Re: American Arrested For $8.5m Illegal Arms Deal With Nigerian Government by Basher8583: 10:39pm On May 22, 2019
Mustsucceed:

No you need to understand your self even if a broker brokers a deal ,information of boths parties is available and you are expected to execute due diligence .get educated please

Ok with all the trash you just said.
Then what's the essence of the Arms brokering firm of you can do diligence on your own.
Please don't just talk for the sake of talking.

Readers can detect your intelligence quotient from what you type
Re: American Arrested For $8.5m Illegal Arms Deal With Nigerian Government by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 22, 2019
Basher8583:

Ok with all the trash you just said.
Then what's the essence of the Arms brokering firm of you can do diligence on your own.
Please don't just talk for the sake of talking.

Readers can detect your intelligence quotient from what you type

Basher as in Hausa ko? I would love yo explain my self but I advise you waste your time on the north filled with: highest rate of insecurity ,poverty ,illiteracy ,divorce,low employment,..drugs,homosexuality..soon to over take on rape .

I doubt you would have my time of you dedicate time in joining groups to resolve this .thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kogi State Government Arrest Goats / Inmate Tortured By Delta Prison Authorities For "Leaking" Information. Photos / 7 People Arrested For Importing Physically Challenged Kids To Beg In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.