Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman (13789 Views)

INEC Removes Alhassan Doguwa’s Name From Reps-Elect List / Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly / Buhari, APC Keep Mum As Gbajabiamila Is Enmeshed In US Fraud Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by jadesoletee(m): 4:53pm On May 21, 2019
Chairman of the First Timers Forum in the soon to be inaugurated 9th House of Representatives, Hon. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo has described the report of adoption of Hon. Umaru Bago by 156 Reps-elect as untrue and a mere wishful thinking. Tunji-Ojo said he could confidently assert that absolute loyalty of all the 203 'first timers' in the House to the speakership ambition of Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila is never in doubt.

Tunji-Ojo said that all the 203 elected 'first timers' in the House of Representatives would not only strive for the emergence of Gbajabiamila, but would also insist on an open ballot for the election of presiding officers of the 9th National Assembly in June.

Tunji-Ojo added, "We are seriously agitating for open ballot. Our people should also be able to know our position on any national issue. It is ideal for the beauty of democracy and for the preservation of the hallowed chamber, the open ballot should be given a place of priority in our process.”

Tunji-Ojo also described the claim of the Bago's camp as refreshing comedy that could only be dignified with hearty laughter. He said, "As the Chairman of First Timers Forum, I can confidently assure that all our 203 members are with Hon. Gbajabiamila. We have our records, strategy and obtained loyal commitment from members. With all these, I am overly confident that Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila is very much on course to become the Speaker of the 9th House".

It will be recalled that 156 Representatives elect were reported to have declared support for the member representing Chanchanga Federal Constituency of Niger State, Honourable Umaru Mohammed Bago to become Speaker of the 9th House. The meeting where the endorsement took place was said to have been held at a location in Gwarimpa, Abuja early on Saturday, May 18.

Meanwhile, the report of rising support for Hon. Bago has been dismissed by the camp of Hon. Gbajabiamila who is the preferred candidate of the leadership of the All Progressive Congress (APC). Moreso, the Gbajabiamila's camp had said that nothing concrete was realistically on ground in the opposition camp to stop the member representing Surulere Federal Constituency of Lagos State from becoming the Speaker of the 9th House.

"Politics of who becomes the next Speaker of the House is favourably titling towards the direction of the House Leader, Hon. Gbajabiamila. Although, we are not leaving anything to chance and we will continue to reach out to those that are yet to join our camp. Be as it may, this for us, is a task that must be achieved", said Tunji-Ojo.

https://www.securenigeria365.com/gbajabiamila-course-become-speaker-tunji-ojo/

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by celeiyke: 5:10pm On May 21, 2019
If u have 203 members then u must not insist on open ballot

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by Dalexicographer(m): 7:57pm On May 21, 2019
Yoruba Amaka! grin

Awa ni Oga gbogbo won...

Eru ni Awon to ku...

Bo Se Ma ri titi lai niyen
grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by SantiRAMBO: 7:57pm On May 21, 2019
Nothing new here.. He only stated the obvious
PDP cant hold Nigeria to ransom with their mentality of always wanting to be spoilers.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by Sektor101(m): 7:57pm On May 21, 2019
Nice
Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by SEONaijaExpert: 7:57pm On May 21, 2019
Apart from party wish, self ambition or whatever, Gbajabiamila deserves to be speaker. He's sound and experienced.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by lawnreigh(m): 8:00pm On May 21, 2019
.Let the day come quick, so that we will be free from all this Lawan, Gbaja nonsense. There are lots of issues facing the country than this trivial things, no economic blue print to liberate the people and bring them out of poverty, just politics everyday. God punish every politician holding Nigeria to ransom for their selfish ambitions.

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by ebuka10box(m): 8:00pm On May 21, 2019
Wetin man no go see for this world ooooo, girls and their shakara can deceive pepsin ehhhhh.... On a fateful Monday morning I met this babe, u gats see shape na. Babe na coke bottle shape( figure cool, we were flowing like we have known each other for years , u need to see the way I was looking into her eyes like she was the chosen one. Trust girls she come dey blush anyhow ........ PROBLEM: I decided to add her up on social platforms , I was like :::babe ,are you on facebook ?? She purposely wanted to fall my hand ,she was like :no , Facebook is for kids,fake likes and comments.... I was impressed cos maybe this babe seems reserved... Next question :Cynthia are you on whatsapp See her reply ,d tin wey pain me na d way she answer am with confidence ..... Cynthia: no, I'm on MTN ...........my face come be like say I soak am for 3500 agbo and shekpe..... Y dis life hard like this na
Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by TimeMod1: 8:00pm On May 21, 2019
#NoBitchAttitude
Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by Erolow(f): 8:00pm On May 21, 2019
Okay
Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by mosho2good: 8:00pm On May 21, 2019
*Remember when growing up you said "I want to be a pilot" 20 years later the only thing you do related to airplanes is FLIGHT MODE on your phone.*

Congratulations Mr. Pilot.
����������
��‍⚕
Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by Harrisee(m): 8:01pm On May 21, 2019
The leadership of the APC does not seem to have faith in their members-elect within the lower house, that is why they are calling for open ballot. The know a great number of their members are saboteurs

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by eguarojeona: 8:02pm On May 21, 2019
GBAJA that was allegedly disbarred in the US is who wants to lead the House.Everyone is mute.He is not a Naira Marley,so he is fine to lead you all.Jokers all of you.Little wonder Nigeria is where it is.A joke.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by SlimOpsy(m): 8:02pm On May 21, 2019
Better tell Gbajabiamila or what is his name not to dance to faded tunes from the untruthful drummers in Nigeria Politics.
Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by YungMillionaire: 8:04pm On May 21, 2019
Femi is the next Tinubu - his political acumen is very impressive. Please don't quote me with rubbish...I am not feeling well.

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by kingi777: 8:04pm On May 21, 2019
Hon Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba is the best speakership aspirant President Muhammadu Buhari can trust

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by Teewhy2: 8:08pm On May 21, 2019
If they are sure of themselves let them carry out close ballot system.
Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 21, 2019
The NASS should use the secret ballot.. there is more independence in that.
Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by spirul77: 8:09pm On May 21, 2019
and we should be happy about it? like they are fighting for the good of the masses. Mtcheeeeew
Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by Stillthebest: 8:11pm On May 21, 2019
Nigeria and meaningless priorities. Which one is new members chairman again?
Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by modupe2: 8:14pm On May 21, 2019
Thank you.

They want to coerce them into voting their Gbaja with open ballot. Gbaja is a regular customer, customer dada ni, he will loose again as usual.

Sai Bago

celeiyke:
If u have 203 members then u must not insist on open ballot

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by dokyOloye: 8:14pm On May 21, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
Apart from party wish, self ambition or whatever, Gbajabiamila deserves to be speaker. He's sound and experienced.
Sound and experienced in stealing clients' money.
That is why he was barred from legal practice in America.
Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by jaxxy(m): 8:16pm On May 21, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

Then why has he been bribing lawmakers with smartphones and fancy irrelevant trips? If he is not a desperate man and actually sound?

His previous statements running up to the last elections have also been shallow and desperate.
Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by Nwachineke1980: 8:16pm On May 21, 2019
We don't want a Speaker that cannot travel to America.
Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by olatunji390(m): 8:17pm On May 21, 2019
Tunji-Ojo? Tinubu son in-law
Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by LoveOnly1: 8:21pm On May 21, 2019
South should seek to Senate President, that's far better than Speaker.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by rotimize: 8:24pm On May 21, 2019
Gbaja gbaja
Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by tomdon(m): 8:24pm On May 21, 2019
No way
Re: Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman by henryadex(m): 8:28pm On May 21, 2019
Would this put food on our table and give us uninterrupted power supply and fix our delapidated roads

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari To Inaugurate New Ministers After 16th Of August - SGF / Governors To Buhari: Give Us Bailout For Security / Have Nigerians Seen Only One Fuel Scarcity Under Buhari As Femi Adesina Claimed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.