Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:01 AM

Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG (49670 Views)

Petroleum,Gas Consumers Form Association To Protect Petroleum Industry Act,nnpcl / Breaking: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders / Breaking: Cooking Gas Consumers’ll No Longer Own Cylinders – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by piagetskinner(m): 11:57am On May 22, 2019
Rubbish government with their useless plans... looks like they don’t always think before saying something

And they claim to have learned people at the helm of affairs
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Ayed44: 12:11pm On May 22, 2019
Some people here are already comparing this policy with coca cola soft drinks where the customer owns the content only...

Does it mean under this new LPG policy, somebody will just walk into a gas filling station empty handed and they will just gift him a gas cylinder? Somebody should help me so I can understand.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by sunmarouk(m): 12:12pm On May 22, 2019
lol. you people should just chill. is it not Nigeria again. this policy is just for propaganda, it wont be implemented. he want to show us that he is working. e go end for pen & paper
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by bid4rich(m): 12:21pm On May 22, 2019
roca47:
next level of wickedness... apc goats, Buhari advocates.. crawl out from your stupidity and explain this

Sincerely speaking I can't understand your argument.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by harbydean(m): 12:38pm On May 22, 2019
excel101:
Probably they want to use it to empower one of their allies.

And this will surely render many jobless and in turn escalate the already high rate of unemployment.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Zaikon(m): 12:44pm On May 22, 2019
gypsey:
what difference would a dirty, clean or ugly cylinder make? what is important is the gas inside not the steel cylinder, i would think

By doing so i believe it will help detect expired ones easily.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by headz(m): 1:13pm On May 22, 2019
mycar:

I think what they meant is that , once you come, you take another cylinder of equal size. You don't have to stick to your own but there will be quarrel when you bring a neat one and an ugly one is given to you in exchange.

However, that's how it's done in the developed world.

Take the ugly one, not all dose spray ontop of spray or paint on top of paint.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by loomer: 1:27pm On May 22, 2019
abmart80:

Government just need to be responsible and produced the Plastic Gas Cylinder, then mandate all the old Gas Cylinder owners to bring the old one in exchange for the new one when they want to refill thereby they can remove the old one from circulation completely.

Attached is the Plastic Gas Cylinder which is now in use in all Civilised countries.

In Nigeria, it's easier said than done, you think say all those yeye distributors go gree collect am from individual citizens for free?

And how safe is this cos I've never seen that cylinder before or maybe I didn't actually take note of them.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Artzdanielsz(m): 2:15pm On May 22, 2019
worse government so far, no employment yet they are trying to close down small scale business of few millions of Nigerians for the few big wigs.God save us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by RockyEyo(m): 2:31pm On May 22, 2019
mycar:

I think what they meant is that , once you come, you take another cylinder of equal size. You don't have to stick to your own but there will be quarrel when you bring a neat one and an ugly one is given to you in exchange.

Most likely what they mean,but the shortfalls is that there’ll be lots of wahala, the way I use my cylinder and the way the next consumer uses his differ, what if I’m a rough user when I return my cylinder looking dirty,rusty and probably prone to licking who bears the brunt? Our government policies always coming without giving it street thoughts.....in Niaja nothing works by the book.....
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by JuanDeDios: 2:52pm On May 22, 2019
mycar:

That shouldn't be too much of a problem if standards are enforced and use-by date is strictly adhered to. But this is Nigeria, I guess.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by uuzba(m): 3:25pm On May 22, 2019
mycar:

Developed world wey I live, they pipe the gas to the house and measure it with meter. You pay bill otherwise the meter cuts off the supply.
I even forgot that there was still gas cylinder. I didt see any anywhere.

UK
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by uuzba(m): 3:29pm On May 22, 2019
RockyEyo:

Most likely what they mean,but the shortfalls is that there’ll be lots of wahala, the way I use my cylinder and the way the next consumer uses his differ, what if I’m a rough user when I return my cylinder looking dirty,rusty and probably prone to licking who bears the brunt? Our government policies always coming without giving it street thoughts.....in Niaja nothing works by the book.....
Just like our BRT busses, and N100 note, this will be an avenue for the people to attack government. Hence they will bash all the cylinders. It is bashed cylinders we will be exchanging until someone's house explodes.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Psoul(m): 4:56pm On May 22, 2019
mycar:

Just like buying minerals and beer in crates. U just come and carry another crate.
Well, if they give u dirty cylinder today, next time you will take a neat one. The main concern should be the safety of the cylinder u are taking home.

This is a welcome development. Once the cylinder is marked unsafe, the distributor will seize that one and it will be destroyed. FG will bear the cost.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by wunaESQ(m): 5:31pm On May 22, 2019
misplaced priority u have other pressing issues to tackle... leave cooking cylinder alone joor
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Sososo(f): 8:36pm On May 22, 2019
So many issues calling for attention in Nigeria but no. it is how to exchange cylinder from one person to another causing unnecessary stress for the common man cause that's the only usefulness of this policy.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by kristo123: 1:54am On May 23, 2019
this their plan will not work. they have not been able to address the problems with PHCN on power distribution and prepaid meter.

removing roadside vendor, how will they handle the volume and problems that will follow.

clueless government
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Tunagee(m): 5:02am On May 23, 2019
MyMouth:

This was how it was done in the 90s. We take our empty gas cylinders to the distributor and we pick another one. I don't know why the process was changed. I remember that time, u may go with a clean empty cylinder and come back with a filled dirty one or you go with an old and dirty one and come back with a clean one grin

Expired cylinders began to be in circulation, posing risks of explosion to users.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by mushystuff: 6:13am On May 23, 2019
superlanny:
Chai, they want to put Chinedu oil and gas limited, out of business, ipob will not like this at all.

As if it is only Chinedus that sell gas across all nooks n crannies in the 36 states plus FCT. Continue in bigotry and be calling your nightmare (IPOB) instead of dispassionately analysing the merits of such policies and the likely crises it will bring into domestic gas consumption.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Vatod(m): 5:01pm On May 23, 2019
9jaArea:
Ah! No one should bring one yeye or fake dirty cylinder to my house pls. If the gas will not be piped then this cylinder ownership I don't see how it will work.

You are right I know some dealers do this thing the FCT but the problem will arise when for instance they come to pick my current cylinder and drop a dirty one just like you said.

Except if they will bring theirs without exchanging at first. Can you imagine they were trying to pull us out business, so he can on international tv to call us lazy youth again

I also don't like the part where government intends to disband roadside dealers, I feel they should be integrated into the system by some kind of merger and given loans to help them expand and meet standards.

On the cost of cylinders, consumers won't own them so they'll be no cost for the cylinders. All cylinders will belong to suppliers.

It makes a whole lot of difference to me. I don't look out for quality alone, I also consider how appealing an item is.

Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by laudate: 1:08pm On May 24, 2019
gypsey:
What difference would a dirty or clean gas cylinder make? what is important is the gas inside not the Steel cylinder, i would think.
It is important. Dirty cylinders are more prone to leakage and damage.
Re: Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 24, 2019
abmart80:

Yes owner dont need to stick to his/her own only, is just to exchange the emty one for filled one. But in Nigeria what they are stil using is old Gas Cylinder which are no more in use in developed countries, what they use in developed countries is Plastic Gas Cylinder which is more safe unlike the old one. What Government just need to do is to make the Plastic Gas Cylinder available, then inform all the Old Gas Cylinder owners to bring the old one in exchange for the new one. That is how its been done in Civilised World.

A country like Nigeria that has gas in abundance should pipe the gas to the homes of people. Though the hazard is higher due to our careless lifestyle, but thats the best way.

Using cylinders is obsolete unless gas is a very scarce commodity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

30th May: Identities Of Soldiers Gunned Down By IPOB Terrorists Revealed / LIVE Photos From APC'S Ogun State Campaign Rally / Boko Haram Captures & Destroys Armed Personnel Carrier Newly Acquired By Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.