Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. (14158 Views)

Troops Sack IPOB/ESN Enclave In Asaba, Capture Fighter, Fire Arms / President Buhari Signs Executive Order 11 (Full Text & Photos) / Governor, Kayode Fayemi Signing The Order Revoking Schools Payment In The State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by Karemarealty288(m): 11:30am On May 22, 2019
Jihadistic war stratagem..... Watch as people will be slaughtered like chickens in the next few months.
Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by chriskosherbal(m): 11:34am On May 22, 2019
This one weak me I nu go lie
Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by MadamExcellency: 11:46am On May 22, 2019
What of home-made bomb?

Is experimental explosives banned?

Please, I need to improvise in place of my licensed gun.
Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by Ladiesdoctor(m): 12:13pm On May 22, 2019
Terrible News!!
What of these security Agencies
Nigerian Immigration
Nigerian Customs
Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by SarkinYarki: 12:27pm On May 22, 2019
iluvdonjazzy:
OK o, let's see weda the law is binding on the Fulani herdsmen

How can it be binding on Fulanis when all their weapon are illegal in the first place ..this law is specifically targeted at law abiding citizens who own licensed guns ..

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by dheilaw1(m): 12:36pm On May 22, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Instead of this govt to look for a way to disarm Fulani herdsmen the president is instead trying to disarm law abiding citizens so Fulani Jihadist can overrun Nigeria with more ease ...Nigerians should brace up for the worst is yet to come from the Buhari govt ...
and you think you are making sense abi
Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by SarkinYarki: 12:43pm On May 22, 2019
dheilaw1:
and you think you are making sense abi

ofcourse I am !!! you leave herdsmen with illegal automatic rifles and revoke the license of law abiding citizens... well you are not smart enough to get my point so just rest

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by cool318(m): 12:49pm On May 22, 2019
Truckpusher:
The idiot with his anti clockwise archaic blood dripping brain has defiled logic again.

While his kinsmen are running amok raping ,pillaging, maiming and destroying innocent women and children ,the communities should fold their hands and watch their own people being molested and killed?

Buhari is mad man from the North , the Nigerian people have a right to bear arms and defend themselves against every kind of unwarranted aggression.

If you like obey this useless executive order made by an executive idiot in power - You're on your own.
You are on point Truckpusher , Fulani herdsmen and bandits and already in possession of Military grade assault rifles which they display and use brazenly without being arrested.
Let them near my friend with his Remington Magnum, they are all kidding in this Country.

Build industries/ Factories and employ already frustrated graduates, they will not, is it how to fight crime in a country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by Curlieweed: 1:23pm On May 22, 2019
This doesn’t sound good! Actually, it sounds down right sinister. Very, very ominous signal, especially with the renewed upsurge of bandit attacks.

I would advise everyone not only to keep their guns but to arm up. Protect yourselves oh because this government is neither capable but (with this executive order) also unwilling to protect you.

The British did exactly the same thing in the East as a prelude to imposing their tyranny on us.

A word is enough for the wise.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by DonMarkuzi(m): 1:55pm On May 22, 2019
To forestall Egypt uprising .
Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 22, 2019
rusher14:

Is this not a way to disarm Herdsmen?

Don't mind the bigoted fool. He can never see anything good in the actions of the PMB government. This is the way forward and I have advocated it myself. I.e strict control of gun ownership and import into Nigeria. Less guns in circulation simply means less deaths.

If Private gun license is revoked then what excuse will a policeman have for not arresting a herdsman found with a gun?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 22, 2019
Curlieweed:
This doesn’t sound good! Actually, it sounds down right sinister. Very, very ominous signal, especially with the renewed upsurge of bandit attacks.

I would advise everyone not only to keep their guns but to arm up. Protect yourselves oh because this government is neither capable but (with this executive order) also unwilling to protect you.

The British did exactly the same thing in the East as a prelude to imposing their tyranny on us.

A word is enough for the wise.

You are insane and need to go out and get a life. Britain is one of the safest nations in the world and the Police are not even armed. Contrast that with the USA where gun crime is insane.

Guns, as much as possible, should be taken out of any society that wants to make progress. Only specially trained officers, deemed mentally and physically competent, should carry guns as obtains in the UK.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by Curlieweed: 2:22pm On May 22, 2019
Oshigun:

You are insane and need to go out and get a life. Britain is one of the safest nations in the world and the Police are not even armed. Contrast that with the USA where gun crime is insane.

Guns, as much as possible, should be taken out of any society that wants to make progress. Only specially trained officers, deemed mentally and physically competent, should carry guns as obtains in the UK.

I am insane and you’re stoopid. The UK is freaking island with proper borders. They have an actual government in place with a social safety net.

Your freaking shite hole has no borders where any lunatic can drive in a convoy of armoured tanks any time without hindrance.

You have a barely functional government, poorly trained, ill equipped and totally unmotivated security forces as well as an army of beggars and destitute rabble.

Yet a total mor0n like you thinks that UK will be a good example to compare with.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by nairaman66(m): 2:48pm On May 22, 2019
This idiot of a president want Fulani herdsmen to have full access to kill and maim innocent Nigerians!

Shame on those peeps who voted for Buhari and his every government

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by coolcentbigman(m): 3:37pm On May 22, 2019
rusher14:

grin grin grin Herdsmen get license before? you must be joking. Buhari don't want anyone to interrupt when his brothers are working(herdsmen) these country is indeed a joke. Firearms are licensed everywhere in the world for self-defense so why is Nigeria different, i see these as a means bandit can carry out their operations peacefully without stress even our local security who are more active than the police will be stripped of their arms and you tell me it's a good idea.
God help Nigerians in the hands of fulanis.

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by dheilaw1(m): 4:13pm On May 22, 2019
SarkinYarki:

ofcourse I am !!! you leave herdsmen with illegal automatic rifles and revoke the license of law abiding citizens... well you are not smart enough to get my point so just rest
you are still not making sense. Are herdsmen excluded from the executive order signed to revoke all gun licences? Don't you think this is the best measure to arrest and prosecute anybody found holding a gun? Don't you think people usually hide under the fact that they have licence to use their guns for wrong things? I repeat that you are still not making any sense
Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by mankand(m): 4:30pm On May 22, 2019
Stupid Yorubas never saw this coming

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by SarkinYarki: 4:34pm On May 22, 2019
dheilaw1:
you are still not making sense. Are herdsmen excluded from the executive order signed to revoke all gun licences? Don't you think this is the best measure to arrest and prosecute anybody found holding a gun? Don't you think people usually hide under the fact that they have licence to use their guns for wrong things? I repeat that you are still not making any sense

I said you are not very sharp but you no gree.. Do herdsmen have license in the first for the AK47 they carry? hell NO ? Are you aware that that only shotguns and sporting rifles can be licensed in Nigeria? ( I hope you even know what a shot gun is?) , No Nigerian except the military and police and DSS is allowed to bear any automatic firearm ..So with or without this law Fulanis have been carrying illegal arms right from day one ..

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 22, 2019
Curlieweed:

I am insane and you’re stoopid. The UK is freaking island with proper borders. They have an actual government in place with a social safety net.

Your freaking shite hole has no borders where any lunatic can drive in a convoy of armoured tanks any time without hindrance.

You have a barely functional government, poorly trained, ill equipped and totally unmotivated security forces as well as an army of beggars and destitute rabble.

Yet a total mor0n like you thinks that UK will be a good example to compare with.

Mumu, so everyone carrying guns is the solution? Can you think intelligently for once? Things are volatile already with extreme poverty and other issues. Will proliferation of firearms worsen or better the security situation in Nigeria? Not Rocket Science buddy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by rusher14: 4:35pm On May 22, 2019
coolcentbigman:

grin grin grin Herdsmen get license before? you must be joking. Buhari don't want anyone to interrupt when his brothers are working(herdsmen) these country is indeed a joke. Firearms are licensed everywhere in the world for self-defense so why is Nigeria different, i see these as a means bandit can carry out their operations peacefully without stress even our local security who are more active than the police will be stripped of their arms and you tell me it's a good idea.

Can you see yourself?

Only southerners get licences but northerners don't or aren't supposed to?
Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by SarkinYarki: 4:38pm On May 22, 2019
Oshigun:

Don't mind the bigoted fool. He can never see anything good in the actions of the PMB government. This is the way forward and I have advocated it myself. I.e strict control of gun ownership and import into Nigeria. Less guns in circulation simply means less deaths.

If Private gun license is revoked then what excuse will a policeman have for not arresting a herdsman found with a gun?

extremely low IQ is the problem most of you suffer from !!! Has AK47 or any assault rifle ownership ever been legal in Nigeria ? hell No!!!! the only guns licensed are shot guns ( I hope you even know what a shot gun is because it's not pistol ) even pistols ownership are illegal in Nigeria right from time... This ban affects only law abiding citizens and no one else

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by dhardline(m): 4:40pm On May 22, 2019
A ban on the use and ownership of firearms will not stop those

who are hell bent on causing mischief with guns Cause a

criminal will go the extra length to get a gun to cause harm.

Those who will be affected by this are the law abiding citizens

who need the guns mostly for self defence.

So there is definitely something sinister about this order

especially in a country where security is almost at ground zero

now.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by BuhariAdvocate: 4:45pm On May 22, 2019
Good development this is how to end insecurity in Nigeria. But I'm expecting government to disharm police.
Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by orisa37: 4:47pm On May 22, 2019
rusher14:

Herdsmen have no licence. This Order is their licence to slaughter Christians and every occupier of the land they which to occupy like chickens, goats and rams. Idi Amin Dada was much more careful.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by orisa37: 4:50pm On May 22, 2019
ITbomb:
After funding Boko Haram and Myteh Allah, they brought in arms from Slovakia then ban everyone else from holding arms

Hope it's not what I'm thinking

Yes it is.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by orisa37: 4:54pm On May 22, 2019
daddytime:
This is very very dangerous and not so well thought out in my opinion.

You are right. It is a Tactis to Islamised and Fulanised Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by orisa37: 4:57pm On May 22, 2019
Homeboiy:
I don't understand

This Government is insane kowe.
Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by orisa37: 4:58pm On May 22, 2019
Homeboiy:
I don't understand

This Government is insane kowe.
Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 22, 2019
coolcentbigman:

You guys and your blanket hatred of Buhari/North. If it is illegal to carry firearms security will improve massively because there will be no grey area. A display of a firearm in public by civilians will now be an automatic offence. If you read the article well you will note even the Civil defence will be disarmed. This shows most sensible folks that this is a step in the right direction. For now.

I saw a video of a Nigerian custom officer shooting a young man who they claimed refused to give him bribe. It was sickening. Life gone just like that because we think we have to fight violence with violence. The way forward is to support legislation that rids Nigeria of firearms, as much as possible, and we work hard to control our borders so guns are not smuggled in easily.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by orisa37: 5:07pm On May 22, 2019
bestgamer:

you say some people are highly temperamental: any small thing eh! na gbola go hear. Sorry i dont support you

Gun licences are not given to Schizophreniacs.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by budaatum: 5:08pm On May 22, 2019
magoo10:
In this era of increasing insecurity how we want take protect ourselves na even when the government isn't doing much in the area of securing lives and properties of the people. Kole work

You talk as if you currently protect yourself with a firearm. Not many of us need guns for protection, and most who have guns don't have licences. I doubt the nightwatchmen, hunters and Ogun worshippers in my Orolu Kingdom bothered to get one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. by stephenlove(m): 5:09pm On May 22, 2019
New day new joke

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Four Convicted For Internet Fraud In oshogbo / 2023: Power Should Rotate To Southern Nigeria – Douye Diri Tells Atiku / Stop Targeting Our Politicians In Corruption Probe, Northern Groups Warn EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.