Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,367 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari, Would She Still Be In Custody? - Frank Nwabufo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari, Would She Still Be In Custody? - Frank Nwabufo (549 Views)

But For My 2,000 Rented Crowd, Buhari Would Have Met Empty Stadium – Umahi / 10 Reasons Why Buhari Would Lose 2019 Presidential Election / Atiku: Buhari Would Have Arrested Me If I Am Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari, Would She Still Be In Custody? - Frank Nwabufo by Newsblogger: 1:06pm On May 22, 2019
"If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari Would She Still Be In Boko Haram Captivity?"- Frank Nwabufo.

A man, with bloodied “babariga” and with head cocked down, perched emotionlessly in the driver’s seat of a Land Cruiser jeep at Kurmin Kare village along Kaduna-Abuja expressway in the searing afternoon of April 29.

He was the driver of Mohammed Abubakar, chairman of the Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC). He was nameless, and he suffered the most terrible fate. He was the first casualty of the kidnappers, who abducted his employer and daughter.

But Abubakar and his daughter regained freedom less than 24 hours after their abduction. Though they had paid a heavy ransom to secure their lives.

The police had also launched a manhunt for the kidnappers immediately, arresting one suspect a day after.

With that incident, I think, the daily tragedy on Kaduna-Abuja expressway hit home; it became uncomfortably obvious for the elite going by the frantic efforts that followed after.

Really, with the elite, there is always a sense of urgency when their security, money or power is threatened.

It is the reason the areas where they cluster are far more secure than where the proletariat inhabit.

A security incident in Asokoro or Ikoyi will ordinarily receive more attention than any incident of the same magnitude in Mararaba or Iyana Ipaja.

I believe, this is “apartheid”; a deep social inequity that accents the reluctance and lethargy of the authorities on matters affecting the common folk.

And I think the plausible reason there is no sense of urgency in the rescue of Leah Sharibu is she comes from the wrong social divide.

In April 2018, Leah sent out a message of despair; a desperate call for help.

She said: “I am Leah Sharibu, the girl that was abducted in GGSS Dapchi. I am calling on the government and people of goodwill to intervene to get me out of my current situation.”

“I also plead to the members of the public to help my mother, father, my younger brother and relatives. Kindly help me out of my predicament. I am begging you to treat me with compassion. I am calling on the government, particularly the president to pity me and get me out of this serious situation.”

This message still crucifies the man in me. And 12 months have passed, but Leah is still in the pit of vipers.

How does the president sleep at night knowing that this young girl huddles in the encampment of the second most dangerous terror group in the world?

How do the service chiefs even carry on in silence, without a word on the rescue effort for this Daniel?

And she specifically mentioned the president, asking him to “pity” her. I want to imagine Leah as the president’s daughter sending out this pathos-inducing message, what would the president have done?

Would he not have applied his power as the commander-in-chief and deploy every contact and resources until she is rescued? I am positive she would not have spent two years in captivity.

Leah is in captivity because of her faith. This makes it more tragic. And the lack of a sense of urgency in her rescue also raises suggestions that border on her faith.

And would she still be in captivity if she was Zahra Buhari? I do not think so.

- Fredrick Nwabufo

https://www.nightwatchng.com/2019/05/if-leah-sharibu-was-zara-buhari-boko-haram-custody.html

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique

1 Like

Re: If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari, Would She Still Be In Custody? - Frank Nwabufo by dukie25: 1:10pm On May 22, 2019
Not even Zahra Buhari but if she was muslim they would have done more than this.
See the speed they paid ransom for the muslim girls but left Leah.
The Hausa girl that was caught in Saudi Arabia nko?
The entire resources of our ministry of foreign affairs were used to buy her freedom.
This country is a zoo.

3 Likes

Re: If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari, Would She Still Be In Custody? - Frank Nwabufo by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 22, 2019

1 Like

Re: If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari, Would She Still Be In Custody? - Frank Nwabufo by Baba419(m): 1:11pm On May 22, 2019
Save one Leah Sharibu they will still kidnap 100

We should focus on the root cause which is poverty and idiocy and illiteracy and animalistic tendencies of some Northmen

1 Like

Re: If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari, Would She Still Be In Custody? - Frank Nwabufo by seanfer(m): 1:29pm On May 22, 2019
So the Past administration abandoned the chibok girls because they are not Gej's children?. This Writer is always on the wrong side of reasoning

1 Like

Re: If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari, Would She Still Be In Custody? - Frank Nwabufo by jimi4us: 1:33pm On May 22, 2019
Buhari is a terrorist too

Re: If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari, Would She Still Be In Custody? - Frank Nwabufo by Mario1983(m): 1:44pm On May 22, 2019
for were
Re: If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari, Would She Still Be In Custody? - Frank Nwabufo by TooMuchStuff: 2:08pm On May 22, 2019
Nop...

Buhari personally allowed her to be kept in captivity so that Christians would know that he's not joking about the implementation of Sharia soon allover Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari, Would She Still Be In Custody? - Frank Nwabufo by Newsblogger: 2:09pm On May 22, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari, Would She Still Be In Custody? - Frank Nwabufo by adem30: 2:15pm On May 22, 2019
if Chibok girls are Goodluck Jonathan children, would they still be in boko haram captivity?
Re: If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari, Would She Still Be In Custody? - Frank Nwabufo by beejaay: 3:01pm On May 22, 2019
adem30:
if Chibok girls are Goodluck Jonathan children, would they still be in boko haram captivity?
and that was one of the reasons reasons why he was voted out and PMB in..

1 Like

Re: If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari, Would She Still Be In Custody? - Frank Nwabufo by adem30: 3:08pm On May 22, 2019
beejaay:
and that was one of the reasons reasons why he was voted out and PMB in..

And he is not doing bad by rescuing over 100 of the chibok girls
Re: If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari, Would She Still Be In Custody? - Frank Nwabufo by adekolaelect(m): 4:08pm On May 22, 2019
dukie25:
Not even Zahra Buhari but if she was muslim they would have done more than this.
See the speed they paid ransom for the muslim girls but left Leah.
The Hausa girl that was caught in Saudi Arabia nko?
The entire resources of our ministry of foreign affairs were used to buy her freedom.
This country is a zoo.
hummmm and Jonathan did not get freedom for chiboks girls just because they are Muslims but this Buhari was the one that gained freedom for 100s of both Christians and Muslims chiboks girl . we failed to ask those governors what they use monthly huge security vote giving to them doing.humm .we pray for the timely release of Leah back to her family and Nigeria in general amen .
Re: If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari, Would She Still Be In Custody? - Frank Nwabufo by adadike(f): 4:15pm On May 22, 2019
Baba419:
Save one Leah Sharibu they will still kidnap 100

We should focus on the root cause which is poverty and idiocy and illiteracy and animalistic tendencies of some Northmen
and leave someone's daughter in their hands to perish? If she is your daughter , will u forget her there just because you want to focus on illiteracy and animalistic tendencies in the north

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari, Would She Still Be In Custody? - Frank Nwabufo by Chikpat(m): 5:10pm On May 22, 2019
If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari, Would She Still Be In Custody?

Frank Nwabufo , speak good English first
Re: If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari, Would She Still Be In Custody? - Frank Nwabufo by citizenY(m): 5:39pm On May 22, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
Nop...

Buhari personally allowed her to be kept in captivity so that Christians would know that he's not joking about the implementation of Sharia soon allover Nigeria.

Chai, wisdom will not kill you, say amen.
Re: If Leah Sharibu Was Zara Buhari, Would She Still Be In Custody? - Frank Nwabufo by citizenY(m): 5:40pm On May 22, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
Nop...

Chai, wisdom will not kill you, say amen.

You too much.

(1) (Reply)

Okorocha Is Finished’ – Senator Uzodinma / Senate Presidency: What We're Doing To Ensure Lawan's Victory - Abdullahi / A Fulani Pastor Message To Buhari, “you Are Endangering The Fulanis''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.