Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,922 members, 7,848,732 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:31 AM

Is Tithing "Legit" In Christianity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Tithing "Legit" In Christianity? (179 Views)

Is Tithing Now A Bad Thing Because Men Abuse Tithes? / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Tithing "Legit" In Christianity? by pepekhali(m): 1:41pm On May 22, 2019
Before i proceed, there is a questions I'd like to ask and will give answers to these questions myself. Remember tithing was Gods commandments to his people before the coming of our Lord and savior JESUS CHRIST and this was so not because God had need of this but because there would be meat (provision) in his house as seen in(Malachi 3:10)

(1) why tithing ?

1 God chose a certain tribe of people for himself for the purpose of worship and Manning the temple or house of God, these people were called the Levites, The decendants of Aaron as priests to minister unto the people on behalf of God and to minister unto God on behalf of the people. There were restrictions then between God and the people. These priests and there households were not permitted by God to have any other occupation, enterprise, businesses of any kind etc and because these set of people (Levites) had needs as human beings God in his kindness commanded the Israelites to bring one tenth of anything realized from there farming and animal rearing so there will be meat in the house of the Lord.

But when CHRIST came, the Levites were of no use again, there service were no longer needed.
This was so because JESUS CHRIST upon giving up the ghost on the cross had destroyed the veil that prevented us from accessing the presence of the most high God, sacking the Levites from the office of intercessors and mediators between God and his people

Now, i'm not saying giving towards the course of the kingdom of God was eradicated because of the ministry and sacrifice of Christ
But was no longer a commandment in reference to giving one tenth of your income
Why? Like I said before

1 the ministry of the Levite priests had come to an end

2 there's technically no man-made temple for God that needs the service of any Levites priests but Paul made us understand that our body is now the temple. We don't need any particular place to seek the presence of the most high God but his presence is accessible anywhere.
The apostles who laid the foundation of Christianity never collected nor made mention of it. So,

Let no preacher deceive you that tithing qualifies you for kingdom riches because CHRIST had made all sacrifices including for our riches as seen in (2nd Cor 8:9) where Paul said for our sake christ became poor so that through his poverty, we might become rich
Re: Is Tithing "Legit" In Christianity? by pongwa(m): 2:57pm On May 22, 2019
which kain human being you be? you set question con answer am join. e be like say wisdom don dey finish small small

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Joshua Iginla Shocked Aged, Abandoned Woman $2,000 Today / Private Jet Ministers / Last 10 Day Of Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.