Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

I Held Peace Talks With Venezuelan President, Says Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Held Peace Talks With Venezuelan President, Says Kalu (599 Views)

Ayu: "I Held No Meeting With Wike In Port Harcourt" / Senate Says Kalu's Seat Won't Be Declared Vacant Yet / Orji Kalu, Nigerian & Vatican Ambassadors Spotted In Venezuelan Church (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Held Peace Talks With Venezuelan President, Says Kalu by chidima2019: 3:11am On May 23, 2019
Contrary to reports on social media platforms, former governor of Abia State and eminent businessman, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu, said he met with President of Venezuela, Nicolas Maduro, on a peace initiative of the Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation and its partners across the globe.

Social media reports had insinuated that Kalu, senator-elect for Abia North, visited Venezuela to cut oil deals.

Clarifying his mission, to journalists at the Simon Bolivar International Air- port yesterday, Kalu, said for any nation to thrive, there must be peace and harmony.

He revealed that he seized the opportunity of his visit in Venezuela to meet with members of the Afro-Venezuelan Community, as well as called on the governments of the United States of America, United Kingdom, Peoples Republic of China, Russia, Nigeria and others, to fashion out inclusive and integrated strategy to overcome the crisis facing Venezuela.

He stressed that foreign leaders and the diplomatic corps across the globe are deliberating on the challenges being faced by Venezuela, in a bid to restore normalcy.

Kalu said: “I am in Venezuela, in my capacity as the founder and chief promoter of Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation.

“The visit is in line with our foundation’s objective of promoting peace across the world.

“We are working with development partners and critical stakeholders to ensure peace and prosperity in Venezuela. We are living in a global community and, as such, we must continue to promote and sustain peace initiatives across the world.”

He declined to give full details of his meeting with resident Maduro but noted that upon his return to Nigeria, he would brief President Muhammadu Buhari and convey a message from the Venezuelan president to the Nigerian leader.

“President Buhari has continually played leading roles in promoting world peace. This feat will, in no distant time, earn Nigeria’s president the Noble Peace Prize,” he said.

The former governor, who was seen off by Venezuelan Deputy Foreign Minister, Yvan Gil, has since departed Caracas for Germany. He is expected back in Nigeria this weekend.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/05/i-held-peace-talks-with-venezuelan.html

Re: I Held Peace Talks With Venezuelan President, Says Kalu by iammo(m): 4:00am On May 23, 2019
tongue
Re: I Held Peace Talks With Venezuelan President, Says Kalu by aljharem(m): 4:38am On May 23, 2019
This man is a fraud and a 419er. Typical

1 Like

Re: I Held Peace Talks With Venezuelan President, Says Kalu by helinues: 5:29am On May 23, 2019
Stop lieing Kalu. This is not Aba news.

The Venezuela peace talk is in Norway.. Infact both Maduro and Guaido did not attend but send their representatives..

1 Like

Re: I Held Peace Talks With Venezuelan President, Says Kalu by jimi4us: 7:05am On May 23, 2019
Look at this fool Ewu Gambia. Thief, Trump doesn't even know you. Peace talk is currently going on in Europe Norway.

Stop lying to the illiterates almajiris in the North and west

Re: I Held Peace Talks With Venezuelan President, Says Kalu by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:12am On May 23, 2019
is peace talk done in the state house where the opposition sent no representatives. ..this kalu self....n.a. wa ooo
Re: I Held Peace Talks With Venezuelan President, Says Kalu by Ultimatezlant: 7:18am On May 23, 2019
jimi4us:
Look at this fool Ewu Gambia. Thief, Trump doesn't even know you. Peace talk is currently going on in Europe Norway.

Stop lying to the illiterates almajiris in the North and west
how you managed to bring in north and west for a man that was elected by Igbo's for Igbo's baffle me

1 Like

Re: I Held Peace Talks With Venezuelan President, Says Kalu by jimi4us: 7:22am On May 23, 2019
Ultimatezlant:
how you managed to bring in north and west for a man that was elected by Igbo's for Igbo's baffle me
an Igbo man under the Islamic party are thieves.

1 Like

Re: I Held Peace Talks With Venezuelan President, Says Kalu by Ultimatezlant: 7:35am On May 23, 2019
jimi4us:
lol, but it wasn't dogs that voted him, I think this is a scam, imolites voted okorocha and apc for a 2nd term (their was no federal might as excuse o).

Igbo's voted kalu overwhelming and almost gave buhari 50/50 in abia.

But the way you guys bad mouth APC online one would think APC deserve stoning rather than elective positions their.

Pls don't give the federal might story because even we know how akwa ibom did it to akpabio and also the rivers story
Re: I Held Peace Talks With Venezuelan President, Says Kalu by BuhariAdvocate: 9:12am On May 23, 2019
Yet they want to become president under the Islamic party they're crying over the internet for political marginalization.
jimi4us:

1 Like

Re: I Held Peace Talks With Venezuelan President, Says Kalu by Sunofgod(m): 9:16am On May 23, 2019
CIA man.....
Re: I Held Peace Talks With Venezuelan President, Says Kalu by BuhariAdvocate: 9:20am On May 23, 2019
And for the kalu don't start what you can't finish stop instigate problem. World leaders can tag you as a Nigeria emissary to jeopardize the peace talk btw the two parties involve in dispute.

(1) (Reply)

'today Is The 4yr Anniversary Of The Plague Known As APC, So Let Us Insult Them' / Saraki Should be Made PDP Chairman. / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala with senior Japanese Government Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.