Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,962 members, 7,828,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State (34667 Views)

Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 / Why Ora People Don't Bow To Oba Of Benin / 7 Interesting Wedding Traditions That Are Peculiar To Different Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by EgusiShankly: 7:44am On May 24, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
I'm not from ora but I understand the language I love it.. My grandma is from ora.. Owan West sabogida ora.. Growing up was fun... Especially listening all of them speak it.. I still speak a few with very strong accent that u might think I'm fluent but I'm not just listening over time since 3 yes of age or so made it so..

Though I would want to know more about people from.. Sobe, arimogija, uzebba, umoru and ijagba..
do you think ijagba is an edoid community?
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by ogongogames(m): 7:47am On May 24, 2019
Are Ozalla people Ora?

1 Like

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Prinxz(m): 7:48am On May 24, 2019

..proudly IHIEVBE (Sebe) born.. owan east

3 Likes

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Ewedegubbler: 7:49am On May 24, 2019
naijaguy123456:
Good to know this tribe didn’t come from Israel like some people claim about their ancestors.

Better to come from Israel than fall from the sky and disturb the peace with skull mining

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by zolajpower: 7:55am On May 24, 2019
Elnino4ladies:
The igede people of Benue state migrated from there... Igede Ihioooooo!!!!!
Do they speak ora language ?

1 Like

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by iamclime(m): 7:55am On May 24, 2019
MarvayBlog:
What about Sabongida Ora
Sabongida means new house/home in Hausa. This may give a clue as to the origins of Sabongida Ora.
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by zolajpower: 7:57am On May 24, 2019
ogongogames:
Are Ozalla people Ora?
Yes, I have a lady I'm about marry from there . She's so cute and beautiful with brain to buttress the former . grin

2 Likes

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by AreaFada2: 8:07am On May 24, 2019
Very nice.

1 Like

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by ednut1(m): 8:09am On May 24, 2019
martineverest:
stupid statement what will u say about Europe and South east Asia?
how many tribes dey uk
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by henriette21(f): 8:10am On May 24, 2019
This is good, I am from Sabongidda Ora and trust me i didnt even know much about the history of the community...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Skiilashi(m): 8:11am On May 24, 2019
Home of notorious criminals in Nigerian history
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by nijabazaar: 8:15am On May 24, 2019
west African traditions are so hard to turn into script...

Perhaps it is due to the fact, these traditions werent written down...

Why did the ancestors never invent a system of writing?

Why didnt egyptian, nubian and abbysinian civilizations seep into west africa??
Is it the thick forest?

if these traditions were written in a clay or sheepskin. it wouldve become more viable....

oral traditions are prone to fallacy. misconjectures and embellishment...
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by martineverest(m): 8:22am On May 24, 2019
ednut1:
how many tribes dey uk
is UK the only country in Europe.

the Italians,Spaniards,French,Germans etc got many tribes

1 Like

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:25am On May 24, 2019
EgusiShankly:
yes bro..
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by jaywhoco(m): 8:27am On May 24, 2019
sabongida ora nko?

been there...
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Agugbadin: 8:28am On May 24, 2019
Elnino4ladies:
The igede people of Benue state migrated from there... Igede Ihioooooo!!!!!

Is this true?
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:29am On May 24, 2019
EgusiShankly:
they speak something like... Badare, bimayin.. Etc early morning around 4am lol... U know the big house is awake... Asking granny what should be prepared..
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by ogongogames(m): 8:47am On May 24, 2019
zolajpower:

Yes, I have a lady I'm about marry from there . She's so cute and beautiful with brain to buttress the former . grin

Thanks. I knew they were in Owan West LG but weren't sure what their sub-ethnic group is. Congrats on finding the one!
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by ogongogames(m): 8:52am On May 24, 2019
Mcreloaded:
Ekpen means leopard then I wonder where Iruekpen stands in relation to the Leopard legend

I think it stems from how people came to area in search for leopards which were to be used for sacrifice hundreds of years ago.

1 Like

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Kokoebapluse(m): 8:56am On May 24, 2019
cheesy ora and Leda are the same. If you know you know.

Benni people you no go come back to your father land ( Yoruba Nation) ? Home is waiting for you you are our son.
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Favor99(m): 9:00am On May 24, 2019
It’s nice this made it to front page. Thanks mods thanks mandyynews for this article. cool smiley
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Born2Breed(f): 9:02am On May 24, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

Benni people you no go come back to your father land ( Yoruba Nation) ? Home is waiting for you you are our son.

If only you can tell us the origin and meaning of the word iyooba.... Sorry yaribaa.

2 Likes

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by sniper77(m): 9:04am On May 24, 2019
ogongogames:
Are Ozalla people Ora?

No. They are located between Iruekpen and Uhonmora
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by BB9ja007: 9:05am On May 24, 2019
Don’t really understand it because I kind of heard a different story about the man holding a leopard at our junction. Was even thinking it was a lion. Thanks for d info. Proudly Sabogidda-Ora

2 Likes

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Favor99(m): 9:06am On May 24, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

Lol, Yorubas are our brothers, not our parents cool

1 Like

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by sniper77(m): 9:08am On May 24, 2019
iamclime:

Sabongida means new house/home in Hausa. This may give a clue as to the origins of Sabongida Ora.

The hausas who came to reside there named it sabongida Ora.A new place to dwell.The usual sabos they have in different parts of the country.The town is known as Evbiobe Ora

5 Likes

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by YourNemesis: 9:09am On May 24, 2019
My bestie is from Uzebba, in Iuleha.

Very cool people. Ora are almost like half Ishan, half Ondo Yoruba in everything.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Kokoebapluse(m): 9:10am On May 24, 2019
Born2Breed:

If only you can tell us the origin and meaning of the word iyooba.... Sorry yoruba.

Enifewo atisunakan apeleti omin. It means ( who so ever want to study how Crab want to sleep will stay long at River side)

The story you are looking for is above you. But just ask yourself why( odudua ) was so popular ?
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by YourNemesis: 9:12am On May 24, 2019
sniper77:

The hausas who came to reside their named it sabongida Ora.A new place to dwell.The usual sabos they have in different parts of the country.The town is known as Evbiobe Ora

Pleaae the people should change the name back to the original.
How can a native town in Edo be carrying Hausa name?

1 Like

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by oblo(m): 9:12am On May 24, 2019
If you are from Ora id yourself... grin grin

Will always represent.
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by sniper77(m): 9:15am On May 24, 2019
MarvayBlog:
What about Sabongida Ora

That's Evbiobe Ora. Obe was the third son of Era Ekpen and evbiobe means the children of obe

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime / Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland / Oba Adeyemi: Things To Know About Boxer Who Became Longest-reigning Alaafin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.