Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State (34685 Views)

Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 / Why Ora People Don't Bow To Oba Of Benin / 7 Interesting Wedding Traditions That Are Peculiar To Different Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 27, 2019
Atigba:

For you to assert that there is nothing like Oduduwa, Orominyan and Ogiso means you are very ignorant and unlearn.

Since you claimed you are a Benin, what is Orominyan primary school doing in Benin you fool. Or Orominyan street.?

You are very ignorant of history, before the so called Benin empire begins in around 12 century AD which was even confirmed by your new Oba during his corronation, 32 Ogisos has rulled the land of Igodomigodo now named Ile-binu , vextation in Yoruba by Orominyan. Which the Portuguese corrupted to be Benin.

For your information you are bearing a yoruba name. The name your ancestors gave to you is IDU.

If you are not stupid, tell me the meaning of Oba in your language , Ogiso means the king that went to the sky.

In your language king mean Ogie/Ojie

How does Oba a Yoruba name got into your alphabets.

Before Oduduwa came to Ife, the Ife people has been using Obatala in their language.

The Oba stool in Benin belong to the Ife people, there is nothing like Oba in the land of Igodomigodo.

Obviously you are an uneducated juvenile. You have no idea what the word history means and you are insufficiently intelligent to take correction from more educated people like myself. At the age of 31, I am not into ethnic supremacy nor meaningless web-battles. I spotted an other ignorant and fraudulent Yoruba troll in yourself and I related the real situation as a service to the unsuspecting people who might have been fooled by you otherwise. Your attempt to claim being Edo in order to make your claims look more credible was exposed and the shame from that should have kept your filthy and fraudulent mouth shot. But as a shameless animal you keep barking.

4 Likes

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Atigba: 2:03pm On May 27, 2019
prolog3111:
Obviously you are an uneducated juvenile. You have no idea what the word history means and you are insufficiently intelligent to take correction from more educated people like myself. At the age of 31, I am not into ethnic supremacy nor meaningless web-battles. I spotted an other ignorant and fraudulent Yoruba troll in yourself and I put the related the real situation as a service to the unsuspecting people who might have been fooled by you otherwise. Your attempt to claim being Edo in order to make your claims look more credible was exposed and the shame from that should have kept your filthy and fraudulent mouth shot.

Boy you are a baby, I can probably give birth to you.

I am not engaged in ethnic superiority arguments with you. For your information I am from Edo state.not Youruba.

We will not stand by and allow a Yoruba man pretending to be from our land (Oba) give our ancestral land to the Oduduwa Republic never.

I have researched Benin history and Yoruba history with facts.. I even visited the Portuguese library since they are the first European we had encounter with. The truth about Benin history is there.

You are the one who is a baby and ignorant

Answer me what is OPC doing in benin your Youruba Oba palace?
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 27, 2019
Atigba:

There is nothing like Izoduwa in Igodomigodo history. This lies was fabricated by Oba Eradiawa in 1981, after the death of the notable Benin historian Jacob Egharevba. He did this for supremacy reason and to claim the land of Igodomigodo. A Yoruba man claiming the land of your ancestor.

Yes you are right, the people of Igodomigodo never went to Ife to request for someone to rule them, what happened was that Orominyan the grandchild of Oduduwa brought war into the land of Igodomigodo and captured some part.. Usellu side where their palace was. If you really know Benin very well.

The last Ogiso that ruled when Orominyan brought war to Igodomigodo was Awodo.

Every body who live today in Usen are Youruba, the fighters that came with Orominyan

For your information about 50 percent of people you are calling binis are Youruba, you might even be Youruba.

Everything god you served in Benin is from Yoruba

Sango, ogun, Oromila, awosuonba, Osun, osokpikan, Ososomaye, ogboni, aye, Ayelala ... everything and you telling your Oba is not a Youruba man. You must be foolish.

Oduduwa brought two hundred and something deity into Ife and non of those idols came from the land of Igodomigodo.
Oduduwa brought broose casting to Ife, we do not have broose in Igodomigodo

According to what I found our in Portuguese library recently in Europe. Those broose was traced to somewhere Sudan/ Egypt by the Portuguese.

Oduduwa was never from our land, he came with something like a cross to Ife. Which mean he probably fled from religious persecution from the Middle East.

If Oduduwa was from Igodomigodo, he would establish Ogiso rulership there, our ways of kingship. He didn't nothing he brought to Ife that is traceable to Igodomigodo.

The reverse is the case .. you people are the one who is youruba.. you serve their God.. their rulership is established in your Benin. Oba has no meaning in your language.

Go to Benin now OPC odua people congress is in Benin and you people are still talking about fake ikalerdahan story by Eradiawa.

You Benin people are fools.. you guys better wake up

Benin is conquered territory by the Youruba

OPC is youruba ministry base in your land, wake up

Now i know u are definitely a goat... why not include buccaneers and Pyrates Or Vikings while at it. U really know nothing
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Atigba: 2:31pm On May 27, 2019
dairykidd:

Now i know u are definitely a goat... why not include buccaneers and Pyrates Or Vikings while at it. U really know nothing

Tell me where else those gods emanate from you fool.

You are even a Yoruba man living in Benin I can see it from here.

The word in avearge Benin person mouth is OgunOba kill you....

Who is Ogun, a Youruba man made, son of olodumare.. godof iron.

Your people has been saving a Yoruba man

1 Like

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by goalernestman: 3:02pm On May 27, 2019
Atigba:

Ogun was a benin man and aya cut is also a benin word and origin from benin and there is no yoruba history that said Oromyan ever waged war against Igodomigodo so man what are you saying
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 27, 2019
Atigba:

Must u insult someone before u can pass a message? I believe we are learning to get things right because we weren't there when these things occurred. To be honest even though i'm arguing i see some sense in what ur saying. Maybe ur right i don't know but since the descendants of Ogiso's say the Oba is actually a Yoruba man... I give up arguing further.

https://spynewsng.com/ogiamien-saga-abolish-ekiokpagha-treaty-group-appeals-to-benin-monarch/

https://guardian.ng/features/ogiso-and-ogiamien-are-aborigine-binis-while-oba-of-benin-is-of-yoruba-descent-high-chief-esotericist-monday-wehere/

1 Like

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 27, 2019
dairykidd:

Must u insult someone before u can pass a message? I believe we are learning to get things right because we weren't there when these things occurred. To be honest even though i'm arguing i see some sense in what ur saying. Maybe ur right i don't know but since the descendants of Ogiso's say the Oba is actually a Yoruba man... I give up arguing further.

https://spynewsng.com/ogiamien-saga-abolish-ekiokpagha-treaty-group-appeals-to-benin-monarch/

https://guardian.ng/features/ogiso-and-ogiamien-are-aborigine-binis-while-oba-of-benin-is-of-yoruba-descent-high-chief-esotericist-monday-wehere/

is your head correct ?
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Atigba: 4:18pm On May 27, 2019
dairykidd:

Sorry for my choice of words

1 Like

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 27, 2019
dairykidd:

is your head correct ? Either you are an other yoruba desguised as Edo, either you are just a dumb idiot. If you are a dumb idiot then I hope all other dumb idiots will listen: Ogiso, oduduwa, oranmiyan, igodomigodo, thosa are fables, mythe, made up stories. History reliés on documents written by eyewitnesses.
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Atigba: 4:28pm On May 27, 2019
goalernestman:

Ogun was a benin man and aya cut is also a benin word and origin from benin and there is no yoruba history that said Oromyan ever waged war against Igodomigodo so man what are you saying

How old are you?

How is Ogun a Benin man, Ogun is Orisha In Youruba land

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogun

The Yoruba even dedicated a state Ogun state to venerate their god.

Aye is a shrine in Ife... black azz or whatever they call it.

Oba Akenzua brought Aye to Benin to kill our people

Your present Oba is an aye man, infact their end of year party is head in his house in GRA.

I have been there.
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 27, 2019
prolog3111:
is your head correct ? Either you are an other yoruba desguised as Edo, either you are just a dumb idiot. If you are a dumb idiot then I hope all other dumb idiots will listen: Ogiso, oduduwa, oranmiyan, igodomigodo, thosa are fables, mythe, made up stories. History reliés on documents written by eyewitnesses.
Fvck u bloody imbeciile... Ur ancestors are the dumb idiots... who told u there aren't documents showing that Ogiso's existed as kings before Oba Eweka1. Bastard no quote me again oo!

1 Like

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by laudate: 5:47pm On May 27, 2019
Probz:
Go back and check all the threads where other members (including YourNemesis) have had cause to correct you for correcting me.
Correct who? He expressed his opinion and I gave him my own views. Unlike you whose comments were riddled with fallacy. Do you remember that you were singing about how rare it was to have Muslims in Ondo and Ekiti?
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Probz(m): 5:52pm On May 27, 2019
laudate:

Correct who? He expressed his opinion and I gave him my own views. Unlike you whose comments were riddled with fallacy. Do you remember that you were singing about how rare it was to have Muslims in Ondo and Ekiti?

YourNemesis good as confirmed I wasn't just talking out of my arse and he's a Yoruba indigene. That's enough for me.
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by laudate: 5:53pm On May 27, 2019
YourNemesis:

80% of Ekiti is still christian, give or take. That is 4/5 while 20% are Islamic or 1/5.
Of course on a town by town basis there are a few locales that have more muslims, but even those towns with Muslims in Ekiti will still have significant christians. Infact in some of those places you mention (Ikole, Emure and Ijero the majority is still christian) so what are you on about? In the last national population census that included religion as a measurable variable~ the old Ondo province had the greatest proportion of Christians in the old Western region at around 80% or so. Go to any random Ekiti group and do a quick random survey of the names.
Oga, your estimate of 80% is erroneous. The population of Muslims in Ekiti is much higher than you quoted. Kindly post a link to your official population census figures, which places the Muslim population in Ekiti at 20% and states that Christians are 80%. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by laudate: 5:56pm On May 27, 2019
Probz:
YourNemesis good as confirmed I wasn't just talking out of my arse and he's a Yoruba indigene. That's enough for me.
So he is sole authority on the population figures in Ekiti? Let me laugh very well. You are seeking to hide your gaffe and false claims, by waving YourNemesis' as a shield. Hehehe.... cheesy Your comic antics can be spotted a mile away. You have just proved to us again that you were "talking out of your arse." Aren't you going to sing about how rare Muslims are, in Ekiti and Ondo?? cheesy As rare as they are in Enugu and Ebonyi, like you earlier claimed?

1 Like

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Probz(m): 5:57pm On May 27, 2019
laudate:

So he is sole authority on the population figures in Ekiti? Let me laugh very well. You are seeking to hide your gaffe and false claims, by waving YourNemesis' as a shield. Hehehe.... cheesy Your comic antics can be spotted a mile away.

He's a more reputable source for this info. than a deranged troublemaker.

We know you, na. You and your antics. undecided

Guy, you are well known for dictating to people who they should be, what ancestry they should claim and even what language they should speak, or what their languages sound like.

Now you have come to face awon Ondo/Ekiti and tell them how they're religiously affiliated in the process shouting down indigenous people who tell you otherwise?

Wait, first, what sort of a jerk does that?

Kwantinue. We are watching, in 3.D.! undecided

cool
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by laudate: 6:00pm On May 27, 2019
Probz:
He's a more reputable source for this info. than a deranged troublemaker.

We know you, na. You and your antics. undecided

Guy, you are well known for dictating to people who they should be, what ancestry they should claim and even what language they should speak, or what their languages sound like.

Now you have come to face awon Ondo/Ekiti and tell them how they're religiously affiliated in the process shouting down indigenous people who tell you otherwise?

Wait, first, what sort of a jerk does that?

Kwantinue. We are watching, in 3.D.! undecided

cool
Thanks for letting us know that "deranged troublemaker" is your new middle name, and 'jerk' is your baptismal title. Oya, sing your usual anthem about how rare Muslims are, in Ondo and Ekiti. Don't forget to compare them to Enugu and Ebonyi states.... grin

1 Like

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Probz(m): 6:01pm On May 27, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/3671711/demographics-kogi-state/1

The Kogi State wahala's there for anyone to see. You were a lone wolf on that thread. Drowned out by rational voices.
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by laudate: 6:03pm On May 27, 2019
Probz:
https://www.nairaland.com/3671711/demographics-kogi-state/1

The Kogi State wahala's there for anyone to see. You were a lone wolf on that thread. Drowned out by rational voices.
Ah....so dat matter pain you enter bone like this? That is why several months after, you are still whining about it? Chai! shocked Try not to kill yahself o! Now, continue your chants about how rare the Muslims in Ekiti and Ondo, are.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Probz(m): 6:06pm On May 27, 2019
laudate:

Thanks for letting us know that "deranged troublemaker" is your new middle name, and 'jerk' is your baptismal title. Oya, sing your usual anthem about how rare Muslims are, in Ondo and Ekiti. Don't forget to compare them to Enugu and Ebonyi states.... grin

Stock verbigeration and repetition are a sign of catatonia. Thought you were heboid bipolar alone. Didn't know you had an admixture of catatonic psychosis in the mix and all.

Your perverted sexual instincts have the same root in profound degeneracy. You need risperidone injections for life.
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Probz(m): 6:08pm On May 27, 2019
Continue your rants about how rare Muslims are in Ondo and Ekiti.

Stereotyped verbigeration in overdrive. Come over and I'll give you a shot of lorazapem and do electroconvulsive therapy on you. Most effective treatment for such persistent cases of catatonia

cool
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by laudate: 6:15pm On May 27, 2019
Probz:
Stock verbigeration and repetition are a sign of catatonia. Thought you were heboid bipolar alone. Didn't know you had an admixture of catatonic psychosis in the mix and all.

Your perverted sexual instincts have the same root in profound degeneracy. You need risperidone injections for life.
You know something? The more you talk, the more you expose the inner workings of your mind.

Now you have started reciting all the ailments that plague your soul. You mean that you actually suffer from all those things you listed up here..." Stock verbigeration and repetition, catatonia....heboid bipolar .. an admixture of catatonic psychosis in the mix and perverted sexual instincts, which have the same root in profound degeneracy..." shocked Chimo!

Eeyah....may you find healing from all the afflictions that have stolen your peace of mind. Oya, say Amen! grin

1 Like

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Probz(m): 6:16pm On May 27, 2019
I'm not the one who had sex with his sister.
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Probz(m): 6:17pm On May 27, 2019
Nor am I the one suffering from a mix of different bipolar psychoses. Rather me than you.

1 Like

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Probz(m): 6:19pm On May 27, 2019
Oya, continue telling us how Muslims are as rare in Ondo and Ekiti as in Enugu and Ebonyi, o. We are watching! In 3D.!

cool

1 Like

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by laudate: 6:19pm On May 27, 2019
Probz:

Stereotyped verbigeration in overdrive. Come over and I'll give you a shot of lorazapem and do electroconvulsive therapy on you. Most effective treatment for such persistent cases of catatonia

cool
Let me clap for you. wink You are actually ranting, and repeating those claims over and over.

Here...have the floor. And continue making a spectacle of yourself.

Wey my zobo and my kunu? This show of silliness by Probz promises to be entertaining. cheesy
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by laudate: 6:20pm On May 27, 2019
Probz:
I'm not the one who had sex with his sister.
Wow...you have started confessing your sins, too! shocked Continue....pls, tell us more.
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by laudate: 6:21pm On May 27, 2019
Probz:
Nor am I the one suffering from a mix of different bipolar psychoses. Rather me than you.
Why are you denying your ailments, nah? After you just described the symptoms you were suffering from, in such great detail?
Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Probz(m): 6:22pm On May 27, 2019
You're watching yourself in 3D. aren't you laudate. Transferring your degenerate wishes and characteristics to the other person.

I'll happily act as your psychoanalyst. Wasn't your sister a minor?

1 Like

Re: The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State by Probz(m): 6:23pm On May 27, 2019
Do you know you can be prosecuted for that? undecided

cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime / Tracy Chapele-Ugo Bags Father’s Chieftaincy Title In Urhoboland / Oba Adeyemi: Things To Know About Boxer Who Became Longest-reigning Alaafin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.