Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Learning From the Life of HungerBad - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Learning From the Life of HungerBad (25045 Views)

The Life Story Of Chief Bode Amao / Favorite Quotes By Popular Nairalander Hungerbad. / Why Igbos Are Good Learners And Are Fast Learning From Southafricans (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Trapnews: 2:04pm On May 24, 2019
undecided
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Onlinealaba(m): 2:04pm On May 24, 2019
Rest on brother..it hurts down here but God knows best..a lesson for us all..our goods deeds will b the only tangible thing after death

5 Likes

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by nwabuwa: 2:04pm On May 24, 2019
TheKingIsHere:
Wait o, is hungerbad dead? When did it happen?

Because this write up looks like a tribute
he is dead.

1 Like

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Divine200: 2:04pm On May 24, 2019
I never had dealings with him personally too but i have come across his moniker several times. What I observed about him was his hilarious comments which often comes out as ‘stupid’, comment sometimes. And from what people has written so far from previous threads shows that he is also a generous person.

May his gentle soul rest in peace!
May God grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss.

Sleep on!

2 Likes

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by willy2000(m): 2:04pm On May 24, 2019
superlanny:

id4sho:
g
TechCapon:
grin

ExAngel007:
If you don't have anything to say why post.
@seun, it is high time you discourage posting just emoticons or words less than a sentence.
Bring sanity back to Nairaland-

Rip HungerBad

2 Likes

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by orion7: 2:04pm On May 24, 2019
unlike the benue man that died and wasn't missed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Kendumazy(m): 2:05pm On May 24, 2019
Nice one.
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Mustiboy(m): 2:05pm On May 24, 2019
Lalasticlala

Front page please
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by shosky1794: 2:05pm On May 24, 2019
God bless the dead. But some of these will never learn. I'm not too sure they will take anything from this your post. Anyway ignoring a faceless abuser is the best

1 Like

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by TheKingIsHere: 2:05pm On May 24, 2019
nwabuwa:

he is dead.

How? What killed him? Was he sick?

Sorry am asking many questions as I am just knowing and shocked
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Charles1110(m): 2:05pm On May 24, 2019
RIP to you sir @HungerBad

2 Likes

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by helinues: 2:06pm On May 24, 2019
Rip hungerbad.. What a generous guy
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Craigslists: 2:07pm On May 24, 2019
Good one. This piece is needed for all peeps here to have a sober reflection on the way they live their lives.

Death respects no one, It’s a debt everyone must pay.

1 Like

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by pocohantas(f): 2:07pm On May 24, 2019
Ishilove:
Will they hear?

They will not.
Some are already having palpitations.

Like how low can people go?

1 Like

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by xmocrew(m): 2:07pm On May 24, 2019
Yes very true.who would have imagine hungerbad was with America Army.

1 Like

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by anyimontana(m): 2:07pm On May 24, 2019
Pls let the guy rest in peace already..wasn't a fan of the guy,but then,its painful losing one of ours..
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by sojdson: 2:08pm On May 24, 2019
Good one
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by twilliamx(m): 2:09pm On May 24, 2019
Fantastic write up. So true
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by mebad(m): 2:09pm On May 24, 2019
anyimontana:
Pls let the guy rest in peace already..wasn't a fan of the guy,but then,its painful losing one of ours..

He is resting already . The op is only writing a tribute and imploring us to learn from Hungerbad's life.

R.I.P Hungerbad

1 Like

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by ClearFlair: 2:09pm On May 24, 2019
TheKingIsHere:
Wait o, is hungerbad dead? When did it happen?

Because this write up looks like a tribute

Yes, unfortunately. There’s a thread about it. Scan the first few pages of the forum
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Rhymez(m): 2:09pm On May 24, 2019
Rest In Peace, Brother
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Lagzy12: 2:10pm On May 24, 2019
TONYE001:
Hello,

Good morning.

Trust you all are doing OK.

Firstly, I would love to start by explaining why I brought this to the Culture Section of Nairaland. We were taught that culture is people's way of life. This piece addresses our way of life, here on Nairaland, at least.

I woke up to meet the sad news of the demise of this wonderful fellow, HungerBad. I didn't have any direct dealings with him but I knew him for two things - his comments and his benevolence. May his soul rest in God's perfect peace, may those he left behind find strength to carry on.

Nairaland is a faceless forum. Each day we come online, we interact with monikers, sometimes we forget that behind these monikers are actual humans with real names, families and real lives. I've been here for a while. I've seen things. I've seen people play over someone's depression, I've seen people mock others that need some sort of help or the other. I've seen people say terrible things about others. I've seen people wish others death. I've seen comments where users threaten to kill others. In the heat of the just concluded elections, I saw folks do things that I fear even animals may not do to themselves. I've seen people celebrate the deaths of others. This list is endless.

But there's more. I've seen good deeds go down here too. A couple of times, I've seen fundraising threads for one sick person or the other. I've seen sincere efforts by people to help other people with jobs, tuition, etc. The annual Xfire Scholarship comes to mind. HungerBad's repeated show of kindness comes to mind too.

HungerBad was a kind fellow. Regular users of this forum must have come across his good deeds at one point or the other. He was not discouraged by the activities of scammers that's of course ubiquitous here. He looked beyond the lines of cultural divisions. He gave to all. Hausas. Igbos. Yorubas.

To HungerBad, it didn't matter whether you are Christian or Muslim. All that mattered to him was that you needed help. More like, a human needs help. This was enough for him.

There are a few lessons we all can pick from this fellow. Our country is already in a terrible state. People are jobless, people are angry. Why heat it further with tribalism and extreme political views? The elite continue to take the common man for a ride. They play on the gullibility of the average Nigerian. They exploit the natural hatred each geopolitical region has for the other. Why then do we hurt ourselves the more? Why can't we show unconditional love to each other just like our dear HungerBad did?

We tend to be unaware that behind each moniker is a human that may be at the verge of taking his life. We make all sorts of derogatory comments not minding the possible impacts. We forget too that silence, that is, not commenting on each and every thread, is an option. Mr. A opens a thread about a certain problem he's confronted with. Maybe a health challenge. The first commenter calls him unprintable names and makes jest of his condition. The second commenter follows suit and a cascade is set.

Who would have known that HungerBad was in the US Army? You can't be sure of the person behind a moniker you just wrongly attacked. He may be the doctor that stood for hours doing a procedure on your brother, he may be the driver that helped your stranded sister, she may be the lawyer that fought for the right of your daughter, or the good Samaritan that donated massively for the health of your father.

In conclusion, I urge each and every one of us to follow peace with all men. We must treat each other with a sense of respect. We must be quick to help, if we can. If we can't, we must move on, this is better than worsening the situation with an out-of-place comment.

Lastly, life is temporary. Whether we continue to live or die can be decided in seconds. Let's carry this consciousness at the back of our minds as we pursue our day-to-day activities.

Thank you.

cc: Ishilove, Lalasticlala.

Can't be more right!!!
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by mastermaestro(m): 2:10pm On May 24, 2019
orion7:

Which Benue man? shocked shocked
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by yussuf739: 2:11pm On May 24, 2019
May his gentle soul rest in peace
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by mastermaestro(m): 2:11pm On May 24, 2019
orion7:

Which Benue man? shocked
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Btruth: 2:11pm On May 24, 2019
Strong words of advice.
RIP to Hungerbad.
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by BabylonCruise(m): 2:11pm On May 24, 2019
hecha38:
Get affordable solar system solutions for your household now! Call or Whatsapp 08103504634
Just imagine

6 Likes

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Nairatalks: 2:11pm On May 24, 2019
Ishilove:
Will they hear?

See the person that is talking.

6 Likes

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Divay22(f): 2:12pm On May 24, 2019
enemyofprogress:
no we wont tongue tongue
You my friend, you need spiritual cleansing grin grin
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Chicent(m): 2:12pm On May 24, 2019
nice one Tonye.... lovely write up.
NLanders a word they say is enough for the wise... God bless Us all.

RIP Kennedy aka Hungerbad. Rest on sir

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Olori Wuraola And Partners Assist Victims Of Mudslide With Shelter In Freetown / Inter-tribal Relationships / Ooni Of Ife Celebrates 1st Year On The Throne With Soyinka, Obasanjo, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.