Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Supreme Court Ruling On Zamfara Bittter-sweet Victory For Democracy – Marafa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Ruling On Zamfara Bittter-sweet Victory For Democracy – Marafa (1428 Views)

Update On Zamfara State Governorship Results / INEC Releases Statement On The Supreme Court Judgment On Zamfara Election / Oshiomhole Replies INEC On Zamfara Primary Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Ruling On Zamfara Bittter-sweet Victory For Democracy – Marafa by Ezenwammadu(m): 3:12pm On May 24, 2019
The chairman of the Senate Committee on Petroleum (downstream), Sen Kabiru Marafa (APC, Zamfara) has described Friday’s judgement of the Supreme Court on Zamfara APC candidates tussle as a sweet and bitter, but a huge victory for democracy, Zamfara state and the country as a whole. In his interim reaction to the Supreme Court judgement which declared that the All Progressives Congress (APC) had no candidates in the 2019 general elections, he said no matter how long, truth will always prevail over falsehood. “Today’s judgement is a victory for democracy, triumph of truth over falsehood and redeemer of the integrity of the judiciary. “As we all know the APC was unable to conduct primaries in Zamfara state following Yari’s thuggery and violent machinations. With this, lesson has been served that only strict adherence to rule of law and due process will take the country to the next level as being advocated by President Muhammadu Buhari. “This Judgement has shown that the president is religiously sincere with his non-interference stance on function of other arms of government. He has further endeared himself to Nigerians and the world for resisting all efforts by Abdulaziz Yari to force him to interfere on the judgement,” he said. Marafa urged his adversaries to take the judgement as the will of Allah and a lesson that only Allah, the Almighty can crown a king. Commending the Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Tanko Muhammad for leading the Justices aright, he said the judiciary remains the last hope of the common man. “The acting CJN and the Justices that delivered the judgement have with this judgement, laid the foundation for the redemption of the battered image of the judiciary as painted by the likes of justice Bello Shinkafi. “I will like to thank the the judiciary especially the Justice Tom Yakubu team at the Appeal Court and now the the Ag CJN team in the Supreme Court, the courageous position of INEC, the unflinching support of the people of Zamfara State, my family for their wonderful support and prayers, my well wishers and admirers in Nigeria and diaspora for their overwhelming support. “Judiciary remains the last hope of the common man, therefore all hands must be on deck to strengthen it,” he said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/supreme-court-ruling-on-zamfara-bittter-sweet-victory-for-democracy-marafa.html

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Zamfara Bittter-sweet Victory For Democracy – Marafa by dukie25: 3:14pm On May 24, 2019
Osun loading....
By the time we finish APC would be fighting to retain Katsina.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Zamfara Bittter-sweet Victory For Democracy – Marafa by Ezenwammadu(m): 3:22pm On May 24, 2019
LOOOOL Senator Kabiru Marafa took everyone down with him. An icon. A legend. I stan forever.

The real MVP without you today will not be possible

9 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Zamfara Bittter-sweet Victory For Democracy – Marafa by onamch: 3:23pm On May 24, 2019
This guy has successfully scattered everything for APC in Zamfara.
He is the type that will drag everybody down with him if he senses conspiracy against him.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Zamfara Bittter-sweet Victory For Democracy – Marafa by BuhariAdvocate: 3:25pm On May 24, 2019
Idiot I will see what you will gain from it. Selfishness at its peaks.
Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Zamfara Bittter-sweet Victory For Democracy – Marafa by onamch: 3:34pm On May 24, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
He gained so much. Yari and Co will go home with him. They would have made him a laughing stock if he had allowed them have their way.
That kind thing dey pain, where they cheat you and still laugh at you, calling you names. Now everybody will humbly go home.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Zamfara Bittter-sweet Victory For Democracy – Marafa by markfem2: 3:54pm On May 24, 2019
onamch:

He gained so much. Yari and Co will go home with him. They would have made him a laughing stock if he had allowed them have their way.
That kind thing dey pain, where they cheat you and still laugh at you, calling you names. Now everybody will humbly go home.
Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Zamfara Bittter-sweet Victory For Democracy – Marafa by Olatunji1929: 4:05pm On May 24, 2019
that is the truth my nigga oya take

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Zamfara Bittter-sweet Victory For Democracy – Marafa by abdulazeez1002(m): 4:47pm On May 24, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Leave our northern politicians alone. Yari and marafa are all brothers(we are all Hausa). But what of you? A Yoruba who have never step foot in zamfara abusing one of our own.

Marafa and Yari owe you nothing. You have no right to any one of them

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Zamfara Bittter-sweet Victory For Democracy – Marafa by CID11: 5:25pm On May 24, 2019
so marafa succeeded in retiring yari. this man strong
Re: Supreme Court Ruling On Zamfara Bittter-sweet Victory For Democracy – Marafa by Johnnyessence(m): 10:56pm On May 24, 2019
nice one from Yari.

(1) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Releases Evidence That Buhari Is Planning RUGA Settlement Nationwide / Apc May Win Bayelsa / Kogi, Bayelsa Elections Breaks My Heart - Ozekhome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.