Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? (4502 Views)

My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill / Remedy For Leaking Ac Gas. / How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? by sinorte: 3:45pm On May 28, 2019
My understanding is that one is not supposed to refill car AC gas more than once in a year. Could this be true?

I drive Civic 2013 and my AC has always ran out of gas every three months. Could it be that there's something wrong with one of my AC components?

Kindly enlighten me please.
Re: How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:05pm On May 28, 2019
sinorte:
My understanding is that one is not supposed to refill car AC gas more than once in a year. Could this be true?

I drive Civic 2013 and my AC has always ran out of gas every three months. Could it be that there's something wrong with one of my AC components?

You have a leak, I suppose. AC gas is supposed to last years.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? by ITbomb(m): 7:58pm On May 28, 2019
Once a month

After an exhausting and grueling months of tracing leakages, I settled for monthly refills
Re: How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? by Ibk2020: 8:15pm On May 28, 2019
sinorte:

I have been not refill for the past 2 years.
Re: How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? by Daviestunech(m): 8:19pm On May 28, 2019
My own car ac is just blowing normal air pls wat may be the cause?
Re: How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? by hello66: 8:23pm On May 28, 2019
Daviestunech:
My own car ac is just blowing normal air pls wat may be the cause?

Check ur cabin filter
Re: How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? by sinorte: 8:44pm On May 28, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

You have a leak, I suppose. AC gas is supposed to last years.

Where could this possible leak be coming from? I fear giving the job to a quack that will now start handling with the condenser, compressor etc
Re: How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? by chillex8(m): 9:38pm On May 28, 2019
I can verily confirm that 90% of Nigerians have car ac issues.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? by nurey(m): 8:12am On May 29, 2019
chillex8:
I can verily confirm that 90% of Nigerians have car ac issues.

How can we make money from your research? since we know there is a problem we can device a solution and make money from it. Am thinking

1. compiling the research into a business plan and selling to an entrepreneur

2. opening a YouTube for AC diagnosis for Nigerians promoting it and getting paid from subscribers.

3. Start a small AC diagnosis and fixing workshop we can do it Saturday and Sundays get 3 clients per week, they pay 5k for diagnosis and up to 30k for fixing (refill and leakage), we don't need to do the job we can outsource to kazeem (cheaper labour cost) we just monitor and direct them.

what do think smiley we can get our capital from that BMW-V12-2.5M engine code grin
Re: How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? by Legalo: 8:29am On May 29, 2019
obekediamondfuto refills his every weekend
Re: How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:12am On May 29, 2019
Legalo:
obekediamondfuto refills his every weekend

hey niggy, how was ur night?
hope u marked our register?

well, I've not touched my AC since I bought my current ride!
Re: How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? by istephen(m): 10:46am On May 29, 2019
AC is a sealed system so you don't have to refill it unless there's a small leak.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? by dru23(m): 8:31pm On May 29, 2019
nurey:

How can we make money from your research? since we know there is a problem we can device a solution and make money from it. Am thinking

1. compiling the research into a business plan and selling to an entrepreneur

2. opening a YouTube for AC diagnosis for Nigerians promoting it and getting paid from subscribers.

3. Start a small AC diagnosis and fixing workshop we can do it Saturday and Sundays get 3 clients per week, they pay 5k for diagnosis and up to 30k for fixing (refill and leakage), we don't need to do the job we can outsource to kazeem (cheaper labour cost) we just monitor and direct them.

what do think smiley we can get our capital from that BMW-V12-2.5M engine code grin

The a / c is a simple solution, most cases the compressors are bad ... even tokunbo compressor you get is not guarantee to work. From experience I had to change my compressor three times before taking it to Radauto.. I finally bought a compressor via ebay for $55.00 and a / c dryer for $18.00 ..got it fix and since than the a / c is chilling like Canadian weather.. A lot of people end up buying low quality to fake a / c gas .. If you know, you know...
Re: How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? by Rayd502(m): 5:42pm On Jul 07, 2020
Mine has gone for like 2 years now...It is now low on gas as the efficiency has dropped lately.
Re: How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? by dicksonadams(m): 5:51pm On Jul 07, 2020
I have never refill before
Re: How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? by chukel(m): 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2020
Haven't refilled in almost 7years. Never refilled actually.
Re: How Often Do You Refill Your AC Gas? by EricBraven: 12:34pm On Jul 08, 2020
dru23:

The a / c is a simple solution, most cases the compressors are bad ... even tokunbo compressor you get is not guarantee to work. From experience I had to change my compressor three times before taking it to Radauto.. I finally bought a compressor via ebay for $55.00 and a / c dryer for $18.00 ..got it fix and since than the a / c is chilling like Canadian weather.. A lot of people end up buying low quality to fake a / c gas .. If you know, you know...
The drier was for which car

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Cars The Nigerian Police Are Usually Afraid To Stop At Checkpoints / Wild Animal Found In One Of The Cars Imported From Abroad Into Ghana (Photos) / How Good Is Nissan Sentra 2008 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.