Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,519 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) (67622 Views)

Why Lions Do Not Attack When You Are In Safari Vehicles / How Do I Make My Dog To Be Aggressive? Please Help. / Would You Allow Your Dog To Kill A Thief/Robber In Your Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by jaxxy(m): 6:04pm On May 29, 2019
Olatomz1:

The owner no go gree

He said it will know me later
Yesterday night they let it loose
He didnt back at me
And today it's a different case

Use dog language.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 29, 2019
The rate of suicide in Nigeria is high
You too won die ......
soon you will blame buhari

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by Donbosco46: 6:04pm On May 29, 2019
To give the dog food you can do it first let the owner lead you then try come close small small the dog will smell you once it smell you that’s good give the dog a fist � he will smell and lick it your good to go then carry the dog for chain take him out the compound or round the compound that’s what we call socialization try do it with the dog he will know you in 2 days time. You can call me private for more technics.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by Myself2(m): 6:08pm On May 29, 2019
MikeBetty:
Allow Hunger To Hammer Am For 7days, After That Buy Better Food Give Am, He Go Loyal. Only Him Go Dey Follow Follow You.

grin grin grin grin
Very funny. The dog go loyal but no need to let hunger beat am for 7 days. One day breakfast skipping is enough. But you must thereafter be feeding him regularly.
I still remember my NYSC days in the 90s in PH. There was this private estate my boss lived in then.He was gracious enough to let me stay in his detached BQ which was beside the estate owner's garage where one fiery looking big black Rottweiler was always in leash till in the night when it's let loose to roam. It was fond of hunting down pussy cats at night, he would kill them an take them to the golf course in the estate.Becasue of the dog,Ididnt keep late nights and if for any reason I had cause to be out till 10pm, then I'll pass the night in some fellow Ajuwaya's crib in Elekahia. I just adopted a policy of to live and let live with the dog,,,,,,,,till one fateful Saturday, I sauntered out of my quarters in my jeans and vagabond boots, observing the usual distance from the Chief's garage thinking the dog was there, one quick glance to the place the dog ought to be, shocked shocked I didn't see the dog there, next thing I heard just one bark and as I looked back, I saw a LION flying towards me to eat me up starting from my head,,,I just froze.Suddenly the neck of the LION,,sorry dog, was snapped back by the strong leash.Apparently someone had removed the dog from the garage and tied it to the pole beside the gen house.THAT WAS MY SAVING GRACE.I still froze for a minute or two,rooted to same spot.When I came to, I went back into my quarters and the dog was barking away, I quickly poured half bottle of dettol into a bucket and put a little water ( not to dilute it but just to increase the volume), I then strolled casually back to the dog and timed it as it barked then I poured the entire mixture into its face and mouth.Omo see flinging of head, whimpering and crying, yes the dog cry o. Yea I felt a bit better and went to work. As I was coming back, the way the dog looked at me without barking made me fear that the dog had planned a dangerous revenge,,,so in the evening I advised myself and embarked on a 3 days mumu project for the dog, though it cost me some valuable allowee ( at least when there is life,there is hope). I started buying suya for the dog every evening for three days, I bought a mixture of those oily fat ones, tozo etc,,,first day, the dog was suspicious as I was coming, but as I was opening the nylon, it perceived the smell and gave me a friendly whine,,,,I threw the whole Suya down and the dog feasted on it.Las las me and the dog come become paddy paddy, so teyy I dey go remove am from leash and we two go dey run round estate

15 Likes

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by africanusvu(m): 6:08pm On May 29, 2019
Olatomz1:
[b][/b]Hi everyone, I've been hired to look after a grown male boerboel
The owner is gonna travel in the next one week
And I need the dog to know me so I can be able to feed him.
What can I do for the dog to know me and not attack me when it's let loose.
NOTE: I've tried giving it some treats but it still backs whenever I go near to the dog

Kindly help me
What can I do.
.Just add the dog on facebook and tag her with a long bone.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by Ubdavis(m): 6:09pm On May 29, 2019
Na craze dog

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by LordPsalm(m): 6:09pm On May 29, 2019
Try to snatch it food, Dogs finds that really funny

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by henrybomb(m): 6:09pm On May 29, 2019
Just be friendly and feed it regularly.
You can also take it out a few times, it should not be on the leash every time. The owner is a real dog keeper, it looks so healthy and clean

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by Streetdreamx(m): 6:10pm On May 29, 2019
Keep feeding it.
Don't always stand staring at it eyeball to eyeball because you'll look suspicious to them.
Always provide it with water when thirsty. but it's all a gradual process.
Also if you're opportuned to get close to its chain or handler, try take it for a walk. it must surely go with you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by Emyjeze(m): 6:12pm On May 29, 2019
vincentjk:
My aunt paid us a visit some months ago, she arrived at night and my boerboel was barking at her just as he does to everyone. The next day, I left for work early in the morning just to come back to find my dog, aunt and my dad sitting outside discussing omg shocked ( Murphy that has so much guard instinct in him)

I asked her how she did it? She told me that a dog would bark at you especially when he's the alpha, but it's up to you to stand your ground and comply with the owner, but depending on the level of aggression which the said dog posses.
too much movies. . . . .teen wolf and twilight precisely

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by ACE1010: 6:12pm On May 29, 2019
MikeBetty:
Allow Hunger To Hammer Am For 7days, After That Buy Better Food Give Am, He Go Loyal. Only Him Go Dey Follow Follow You.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by ojimma: 6:12pm On May 29, 2019
There is no way the dog will be friendly to you if you're Calabar man. Its their natural instinct to perceive their predator.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by africanusvu(m): 6:13pm On May 29, 2019
This one done get job be that.im fit be graduate as u see am so.person de happy say im don get job as dog feeder?and tomorow una go blame those ones wee de call nigeria zoo.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by naijajobx: 6:14pm On May 29, 2019
Hmmm
Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by Alerichy: 6:14pm On May 29, 2019
Try to hit the dog with a big stick to let it know that you are it master

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by davibid: 6:14pm On May 29, 2019
HitSong:

Just go close to it with your two eyes closed and SAY
HEY BINGO, CAN WE BE FRIENDS
SHOUT IT 3 TIMES
THANK ME LATER

You no well at all grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by tonyhoney: 6:17pm On May 29, 2019
Give him a kiss everyday for 2wks. He will not only like you but also love you. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 29, 2019
MikeBetty:

7 days is too much ni

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by Bahamas95(m): 6:19pm On May 29, 2019
I hate dogs

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by gracefoundmme(m): 6:20pm On May 29, 2019
Lovelyn451:
Tell it ur full name and where u come from
Lol.. damn funny!

Hey are you a Corp Member

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 6:21pm On May 29, 2019
As I see the dog, to chop dog, begin hungry me

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by Oricha79(m): 6:23pm On May 29, 2019
Bark or back?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by goslowgoslow(m): 6:23pm On May 29, 2019
Olatomz1:
I'm so sorry sir
It was a typographical error....
But I think you should know shocked
Don't mind him, he just wants to show himself. With all the English nothing to show.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by permit(m): 6:24pm On May 29, 2019
MikeBetty:
best thread ever today grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by Lovelyn451(f): 6:27pm On May 29, 2019
gracefoundmme:

Lol.. damn funny!

Hey are you a Corp Member
nop

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by vikstandon(m): 6:36pm On May 29, 2019
Olatomz1:
NOTE: I've tried giving it some treats but it still backs whenever I go near to the dog

Kindly help me
What can I do.

The owner should go with u while feeding the dog...to show you ain't a threat (friendliness).

While feeding the dog...the owner should also give you food to drop for the dog.

After repeating this for about 3-5 days...you would find out that dogs are friendly to be with.

Also note...you don't approach a dog being fearful (or showing elements of fear)...dogs can sense it from afar.

Approach a dog face long... And rob the head!

A dog could bark at u...but that doesn't show hostility and shouldn't cause you to fear.
Even when it barks...make sure you don't exhibit or pass the feel of fear, boerboel and gsd can sense it and that makes them feel mighty!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by enemyofprogress: 6:37pm On May 29, 2019
You first have to kill the dog, roast or fry it, when you go to latrine to shiiit am it will come back and know you

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by rusher14: 6:45pm On May 29, 2019
Olatomz1:

Kindly help me
What can I do.

Dogs need authority.

Don't beat it, but exert your authority by your disposition.

Walk confidently.

Give it food but do not panic.

Preferably you pat it from behind, again without displaying fear.

Be the leader of its pack and it would forever be subservient.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) by xana101: 6:45pm On May 29, 2019
How much is d owner paying u? Why do u want to risk ur life for peanuts. That’s a grown aggressive looking dog u want to take care of. I think the police should arrest u for attempting murderer

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dog Dies After Intercepting A Snake & Saving A Child (photos) / My Ram Died And I Roasted It For My Dogs (photos) / Talk To A Veterinarian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.