Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) (49084 Views)

Zambian Man Commits Suicide After Killing His Wife / Nigerian Lady Commits Suicide In UK By Jumping From A Bridge (Photos) / HIV Positive Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by ijustdey: 8:25pm On May 28, 2019
The Chief Steward to the Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima, John Achagwa, has allegedly committed suicide.

Achagwa committed suicide at the Presidential Lodge in the state’s Government House in Maiduguri.

The Chief Steward was said to have greeted his colleagues at the lodge at about 1: 44 pm on Tuesday before he went back and climbed a tree behind the lodge and hang himself to death.

Speaking with New Telegraph, a close associate of Achagwa said the deceased has been complaining about the attitude of his daughter, saying ”this girl will kill me.”

”He came and asked me to delete someone’s number from his phone. I told him I don’t know how to delete it. He left angrily, only for me to hear that he has hanged himself, after some few minutes,” the associate told New Telegraph.

Mr Achagwa who retired from the civil service about three years ago was retained by the governor due to exceptional delicacies he prepares.

He was also said to have promised to be appointed as Village Head of Dille, Askira Uba local government area.

https://www.independent.ng/breaking-gov-shettimas-personal-staff-commits-suicide/

[quote]

John Achagwa, the Chief Steward to Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno state has committed suicide at the Presidential Lodge, Government House, Maiduguri.

The Chief Steward was said to have greeted his colleagues at the lodge at about 1; 44 pm on Tuesday before he climbed a tree behind the lodge and hung himself.

A close associate of Late John Achagwa said the deceased has been complaining about the attitude of his daughter, saying “this girl will kill me.”

He said “he came and asked me to delete someone’s number from his phone. I told him I don’t know how to delete it. He left angrily, only for me to hear that he has hung himself, after some few minutes.”

Mr Achagwa who retired from the civil service about three years ago was retained by the governor due to exceptional delicacies. He was also said to have been promised to be appointed Village Head of Dille, Askira Uba local government area.

Other sources at the Government House were of the opinion that the suicide may not be unconnected with the non-payment of his retirement benefit and gratuity, as he has been expecting that he will be given his gratuity before the end of Shettima tenure.

When our correspondent visited the Government House, people were seen trooping to the Presidential Lodge where security operatives and that of the Fire service were seen trying to bring down the corpses from the tree top at about 2:37 pm.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/05/just-in-governor-shettimas-chief-steward-commits-suicide-in-government-house/
Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by omikel(m): 8:29pm On May 28, 2019
Ha!
Why I con make my FTC on top this ba News for the first time?
Maka why?
Anyways, RIP to death, console the concerned Oh Lord.
Bet why?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by Drversatile: 8:31pm On May 28, 2019
Investigation is necessary here, suicide on the last day of Shettima's administration?

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by Amuocha: 8:31pm On May 28, 2019
Seen
Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by EngrMcDon(m): 8:35pm On May 28, 2019
Life is sweet biko, I can't kill myself for any reason. Today might be bad but tomorrow go better.

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by IbyOneGod: 8:48pm On May 28, 2019
Vb
Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by IbyOneGod: 8:50pm On May 28, 2019
I wish yusuf buhari the same in Jesus name Amen

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by simonlee(m): 8:54pm On May 28, 2019
IbyOneGod:
Wetin concern am here now?

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by simonlee(m): 8:56pm On May 28, 2019
someone should specify the ''delicacies'' he arranges for the governor because my mind is telling me this thing pass kitchen matter!

5 Likes

Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by Wanity(m): 8:57pm On May 28, 2019
DeeTweenie's

1 Like

Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by GOFRONT(m): 8:57pm On May 28, 2019
grin

Chaiii....Dis one no wan wtness Inauguration of buhari
Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by tstx(m): 8:57pm On May 28, 2019
Sad
Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by daddytime(m): 8:58pm On May 28, 2019
No matter what, some people are just iredeemable from self-destruct.
Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by Imoh555(m): 8:58pm On May 28, 2019
Welcome to next level
Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by Onlinealaba(m): 8:58pm On May 28, 2019
There is more to this story..how can a daughter disturbing u warrant you to kill ursef..well am speechless

9 Likes

Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:58pm On May 28, 2019
This only happens when you refuse to pay your village monthly dues undecided
Village people I dey hailoooo
Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by hopexter(m): 8:59pm On May 28, 2019
May his troubled Soul find peace beyond. Condolences to those who would miss his delicacies cry cry

3 Likes

Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by atobaloye: 8:59pm On May 28, 2019
THE HOME OF QUALITY LAPTOPS…

BUY YOUR FOREIGN USED LAPTOPS AT MOST AFFORDABLE PRICES YOU CAN’T GET IN THE MARKET

These Laptops are Super clean from top brands such as Hp, Mac, Lenovo, Toshiba, Dell, Asus, Acer and lots more. Buy now at affordable price.

BENEFITS YOU GET WHEN YOU BUY FROM US

- Warranty on all laptops
- Very good hours of battery life
- All Laptops comes with WIFI Internet Enabled
- FREE Delivery on Selected Items & location
- FREE Original Charger

SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY!
Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by careytommy37(m): 8:59pm On May 28, 2019
IbyOneGod:

Jealousy wee kee you

4 Likes

Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by Kendumazy(m): 9:00pm On May 28, 2019
May his soul rest in perfect peace

2 Likes

Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by Flets: 9:00pm On May 28, 2019
Imagine if these suicide victims takes one or two politicians with them..... that would have been great community service. Why die for nothing?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by TheFacelessMan: 9:00pm On May 28, 2019
This is really bad.
Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by RoyalUc(m): 9:01pm On May 28, 2019
IbyOneGod:

Please next time, when you want to show how dark and wicked your heart is, don't use the name of Jesus in vain. embarassed

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by Boyslick(m): 9:02pm On May 28, 2019
It's definitely not suicide.

4 Likes

Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by noblefuwad(m): 9:02pm On May 28, 2019
EngrMcDon:
Life is sweet biko, I can't kill myself for any reason. Today might be bad but tomorrow go better.

I swear my brother... To hell with all those who have committed suicide

2 Likes

Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 28, 2019
Drversatile:
Investigation is necessary here, suicide on the last day of Shettima's administration?
Dude is retired, shettima is going out, frustrations might likely have driven him to his end...

2 Likes

Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by phemmie06(m): 9:03pm On May 28, 2019
Life vanity upon vdanity the only way out of eternal condemnation is JESUS, so Accept Him Today

5 Likes

Re: John Achagwa Commits Suicide (Kashim Shettima’s Personal Staff) by Carlyboi(m): 9:03pm On May 28, 2019
IbyOneGod:
seriously?

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Videos Of African Slaves Being Tortured In Libya Emerge (Graphic) / Robbers Terrorizing Umuobia Olokoro, Umuahia Caught (Photos) / Adewara Damilola Blessings Commits Suicide In Ogun By Drinking Sniper. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.