Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,547 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC (70449 Views)

Picture Of Buhari And Ministers Who Are Leaving The Cabinet / Yemi Kale Speaks About False Economic Data / South West Governors And Ministers Visit Locations Destroyed In Lagos Riots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by samueloduoye(m): 9:06pm On May 28, 2019
Yemi Kale, National Bureau of Statistics DG – The nightmare of lazy governors, ministers and other public officials

Many would think that the chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu is the biggest fear of corrupt and irresponsible politicians in Nigeria. Considering his efficiency and fearless prosecution of indicted government officials, it is right to think so. However, very few know that Yemi Kale, the Statistician-General of the Federation, and Director-General of the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) holds a similar weight.

The EFCC has limitations because some public officials such as governors enjoy immunity, and can not be prosecuted while they are still in power. In such cases, the anti-corruption agency will have to wait until the officials’ tenure expires.

But the NBS only speaks with data, and that has no restrictions. These figures show whether an official is working or not; it shows if something has gone amiss in some sectors of the economy. That’s much more dreadful for slothful politicians.

It’s not about commitment to statistics… it’s commitment to service… wherever and whatever

In a recent interview on Public Conscience, a radio programme on Nigeria Info, Kale said he received death threats after releasing the unemployment figures for the third quarter of 2018. That’s how far the impact of the NBS data figures go.

“The job is extremely sensitive. My job description is to tell Nigerians what the situation on the ground is and that situation might not sit well to the same people that appointed you or people extremely powerful that might have an influence on the people that appointed you,” he said.

He used the Smart Nutrition Survey as an example. The United Nations uses this to determine whether states would receive a grant.

He explained that “UN gives money to states based on if their indicators are improving so you only get the grant if the last time you collected money it showed an improvement in the indicator.”

“A lot of states including mine, Ogun, dipped. We reported it that way so states came to us to say we are losing X billion naira if these indicators are negative, is there anything you can do to make them nicer. They won’t approach me directly initially. They implied some form of compensation and I said we don’t do this here.

“Once that didn’t work, the next approach was to attack the integrity of the data. There are many instances like that. I won’t mention which administration I’m talking about but every now and then I get such pressure.

“Towards the election, I got a couple of death threats over the unemployment data. I decided to ignore them and watch my back better.

Source:

https://qwenu.com/2019/05/28/yemi-kale-national-bureau-of-statistics-dg-the-nightmare-of-lazy-governors-ministers-and-other-public-officials/

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by Brightology2(m): 9:13pm On May 28, 2019
Ah ah this news don reach front page, make I rush, modify.

Good morning fellow Nigerian, today mark a memorable day in the history of Nigeria, where the mantle of leadership is giving to another or remains with the incumbent. You will agree with me that democracy has not really finds his resting place in the life of the masses due to poor handling of it by our leaders.

I pray this time favour us all.

Op sorry for derailing the thread. I just have to say my mind tongue

First to comment

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by Blankstare(m): 9:15pm On May 28, 2019
A very upright ombudsman

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by tsinzu: 9:17pm On May 28, 2019
Another sycophantic ass licking. Mtcheew

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by Bighead9: 9:19pm On May 28, 2019
Buhari is working. grin grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by beewhy009(m): 9:23pm On May 28, 2019
samueloduoye:
Many would think that the chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu is the biggest fear of corrupt and irresponsible politicians in Nigeria. Considering his efficiency and fearless prosecution of indicted government officials, it is right to think so.

However, very few know that Yemi Kale, the Statistician-General of the Federation, and Director-General of the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) holds a similar weight.

Read full article here: https://qwenu.com/2019/05/28/yemi-kale-national-bureau-of-statistics-dg-the-nightmare-of-lazy-governors-ministers-and-other-public-officials/

Smh. Still someone somewhere has his mumu button sad

23 Likes

Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by jabor4Naija(m): 9:24pm On May 28, 2019
Really?

2 Likes

Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by RTSC: 10:27pm On May 28, 2019
Nonsense.
This guy has been there for so long.

What impact has he made?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by Jay32: 11:51pm On May 28, 2019
If youre free and bored.. pls visit. Factboyz . com
Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by BuhariAdvocate: 12:50am On May 29, 2019
Buhari should replace him with emeka uche.
RTSC:
Nonsense.
This guy has been there for so long.

What impact has he made?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by RTSC: 3:32am On May 29, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Buhari should replace him with emeka uche.
Yes.
If he can do a much better job.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by joinnow: 8:30am On May 29, 2019
Nigeria get correct data
Answer No
Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:30am On May 29, 2019
ACTION MAN!

THE NO NONSENSE MAN!!

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by success1smyn(m): 8:31am On May 29, 2019
Yeye dey smell
Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by bestman09(m): 8:31am On May 29, 2019
Story story.
Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by abc115: 8:32am On May 29, 2019
Unnecessary hype... STATISTICS
Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by anyimontana(m): 8:32am On May 29, 2019
post=78817323:
ACTION MAN!

THE NO NONSENSE MAN!!
commenting to stay relevant...its not by force

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by lonelydora: 8:32am On May 29, 2019
Who bi dis one again
Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by SyrusdeHansome(m): 8:32am On May 29, 2019
Rubbish! The EFCC chair is even more corrupt than the most corrupt governor.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by ThatFairGuy: 8:33am On May 29, 2019
Welcoming patriotic citizens to the NextLevel of GREATNESS n CLEANSING..... Like for Buhari(THE PUKKA), share for Mr Kutcha

1 Like

Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by Boom33(m): 8:33am On May 29, 2019
Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by Lamasta(m): 8:33am On May 29, 2019
This is Nigeria where Governors are more powerful than even the President of Nigeria grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 8:34am On May 29, 2019
Affooooonnnjjaaa snitch DAT always betrayed nwaafor
Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:35am On May 29, 2019
anyimontana:
commenting to stay relevant...its not by force
U go wail tire for dis life,
Keep being in pains reading from someone who doesn't know if you exist in life.

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by vengertime: 8:36am On May 29, 2019
How can a foool sit down in his office and be chunking out fabricated numbers that he doesnt know about, and you think Governors give a fck about this foool?
Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by Offpoint1: 8:36am On May 29, 2019
Nonsense write-up, I stop reading at the 3rd paragraph.

Precisely, BBQ of a guy no get life outside nairaland? if a take a month off NL and back he's / she's here commending twice or more on a single thread like a confused pregnant rat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Yemi Kale: The Man Governors And Ministers Fear More Than Magu Of EFCC by Damcomolux(m): 8:36am On May 29, 2019
ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Who Organised Anti-buhari Campaign At Chathamhouse London Exposed (Pics) / Photos Of President Tinubu And Akinwunmi Ambode At The Aso Rock Villa / Obafemi Awolowo Lying In State After His "Controversial" Death In 1987

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.