Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,170 members, 7,852,993 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:40 AM

Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination (1059 Views)

74% of the senate/ house of rep Fail west africa school examination / Man Sets Six People Ablaze For Smoking Indian Hemp / Angry Voters Set Inec Office Ablaze In Kaduna! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 28, 2010
[size=18pt]Students set principal's office ablaze for failing examination [/size]

Some people suspected to be students of Mafoluku Grammar School, Lagos State, on Friday, set the office of the school's principal ablaze in protest of the mass failure in the school.

It was gathered that the yet-to-be-identified suspects arrived the school in the early hours of Friday and executed the act.

PUNCH METRO, however, gathered that some other students, who were also in the school very early, saw the fire and raised the alarm.

Although the culprits could not be arrested, the other students, the school's security and other sympathisers put out the fire.

A teacher in the school told our correspondent that the fire damaged some of the school's property.

The teacher, who declined identification because he was not permitted to speak on behalf of the school, said, "Yes, we put out the fire, but not before some vital documents had been damaged."

Spokesman of the Lagos State police command, Mr. Frank Mba, told our correspondent on the telephone that the students set the office ablaze in order to coerce the principal to promote them to the next class.

He said, "They left a note warning that they will cause more damage if students are not promoted to the next class within few days.

"But the police have already swung into action and we have narrowed the arson down to the action of students who failed their examination and as such were not promoted to the next class. We will get them soon."

Punch METRO gathered that about 60 per cent of students in SS1 and SS2 in the state will be repeating their classes because they could not meet the six credits requirement of the state government.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/sep/27/810.html
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 28, 2010

"But the police have already swung into action and we have narrowed the arson down to the action of students who failed their examination and as such were not promoted to the next class. We will get them soon."

ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin grin
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by idupaul: 8:45am On Sep 28, 2010
@ ileke idi . Shei u see as naija police de finish work . one dimensional policing kena. Haha
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by martyns303(m): 8:47am On Sep 28, 2010
secondary school students? They are learning fast. When they are older and dn't have a job, then they'll kidnap.
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 28, 2010
touts parading themselves as students tongue
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 28, 2010
MrPrsdent:

touts parading themselves as students tongue
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by Odunnu: 9:38am On Sep 28, 2010
I'm afraid for my country!
Ths isnt the country I grew up in!
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by violent(m): 9:51am On Sep 28, 2010
But the police have already swung into action and we have narrowed the arson down to the action of students who failed their examination and as such were not promoted to the next class. We will get them soon.

I feel so embarrassed with this statement, one will observe how conveniently the Police spokesman made flawed attempts at massaging the Police ego.

duh!. . .narrowing down the arson to the students that failed is not crime investigation. . . .its just acknowledgement!
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by kaycrystal(m): 9:54am On Sep 28, 2010
Odunnu:

well, this is the country we have built over the years, by some freakin corrupt leaders and clueless followers,  imagine the students 10-15 yrs down d line

1 Like

Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by naso2(m): 10:04am On Sep 28, 2010
All these students in secondary school hardly read these days. Its either EPL,UCL or facebook. How can they pass? seriously there is an urgent need to refocus these children and it will require the collective effort of parents,govt and school authorities.
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by Echidime(m): 10:07am On Sep 28, 2010
good news,this is democracy freedom of action
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 28, 2010
na_so:

All these students in secondary school hardly read these days. Its either EPL,UCL or facebook. How can they pass? seriously there is an urgent need to refocus these children and it will require the collective effort of parents,govt and school authorities.
Lol. . .you missed out nairaland Romance section !
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by otokx(m): 10:29am On Sep 28, 2010
The parents are not at home to look after the children; the children do not read but watch TV or listen to radio and want to pass.
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by jamace(m): 2:31pm On Sep 28, 2010
Another sad story for a nation stinking and sinking of corruption.
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by oderemo(m): 2:50pm On Sep 28, 2010
when we glorify corrupt officials this is what we get,
i am speechless.
kids that are supposed to hang head in shame, are resulting to violence to promote their olodo act.
what did they expect after years of merrymaking?
don't get a+ after yrs of listening to dbanj and paso all night long.
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On Sep 28, 2010
[size=13pt]ROFLMAO!![/size]
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by tpiah: 5:07pm On Sep 28, 2010
secondary school students? They are learning fast. When they are older and dn't have a job, then they'll kidnap.

true talk.

i think i know that school.

o ga o.
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by chosen04(f): 5:12pm On Sep 28, 2010
na_so:

. . . . . . .And those that READ, Did they pass?
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by TewMuch: 5:16pm On Sep 28, 2010
rotflmao, all the news today are comedy sha.
This is how it should be, if you dont pass you repeat and better luck next time. I remember one guy in my secondary school repeated 3 times, at that time he was about 20 in ss3. rotflmao, you wont believe the arrogance of these kids. They believe they are big boys oh, and everything should be handed to them.
For our education system to improve, they should fail the useless olodo's and expel them if they fail too much. Not everyone was made to go to university, mechanic and hair dresser work yapa
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by slap1(m): 5:19pm On Sep 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin grin
like seriously, that is the best reply. I mean, where the hell do you start with these imps, these products of neglect.
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by omofat: 5:24pm On Sep 28, 2010
Odunnu:

This is the same country we all grew up in o - I'm not sure what generation you are sha but let's not romanticize our youth.

Secondary school students were burning principal's office in Federal Govt Colleges in the early 90s to destroy documents.
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by chiozor: 6:04pm On Sep 28, 2010
this is 21st century. that is good, more of the drama are coming undecided 21st century allows anythin, their mothers who should be close to them maybe in the bank or even clubbing angry
just brace up and watch what is coming up
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by Nobody: 5:26am On Sep 29, 2010
violent:

I feel so embarrassed with this statement, one will observe how conveniently the Police spokesman made flawed attempts at massaging the Police ego.

duh!. . .narrowing down the arson to the students that failed is not crime investigation. . . .its just acknowledgement!

LOL The thing sef too funny grin grin grin

Echidime:

good news,this is democracy freedom of action
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by chic2pimp(m): 5:33am On Sep 29, 2010
Naija I hail thee ooo grin grin grin
Re: Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination by Odunnu: 9:15am On Sep 29, 2010
omo~fat:

This is the same country we all grew up in o - I'm not sure what generation you are sha but let's not romanticize our youth.

Secondary school students were burning principal's office in Federal Govt Colleges in the early 90s to destroy documents.

I was too young then to listen to the news,and then,I was too busy reading to pass my common entrance I guess.

(1) (Reply)

Fatalities Reach 15 In Bloody Aftermath Of Nigeria's Independence Day Anniversar / The Paradox Of Nigerian Development / Pdp Chairman, Okwezilieze Nwodo, Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.