Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Hop In Here Guys For Discussion - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hop In Here Guys For Discussion (336 Views)

What Do We Think Of Aliens?? (thread For Discussion) / 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread / UNN Newly Admitted Students Come In For Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hop In Here Guys For Discussion by kristlike: 5:36pm On May 29, 2019
Good evening nairalanders. Pls, I'll love us to have a very important discussion tonight.

Is it right and appropriate for a wise and intelligent person engage in a lengthy argument with others?- Be it your fellow guys or your elderly ones...
Why this questions seems to be coming out is because some set of people see these set of guys( Arguer) quite intelligent folks; others tagged them simply as jobbles guys; To me I see it as a platform where your self worth or self esteem is devalued, especially when your opponent seems to always be perceived right and objective.

What do you think guys??
Logical and critical response only...
Re: Hop In Here Guys For Discussion by budaatum: 6:14pm On May 29, 2019
Of course it is "right and appropriate for a wise and intelligent person to engage in a lengthy argument discussion with others", especially here on a public forum. Note that I cancelled your "argument" though, and replaced it with what "wise and intelligent" people do.

It's a public forum see, so though one discusses with just one other, many others will see one's pearls and learn. And besides, unless one desires to remain stupid and ignorant oneself and fails to consider what oneself is arguing against, one would learn if one uses one's brain while discussing too.

An example is the conversation 12 year old buda is having with my supposedly "wise and intelligent" greyhaired grandpa ivandragon here. Another is the one buda had with "wise and intelligent" Shepherd00 here.

People are not stupid, see. While one discusses, wisely and intelligently, one is scattering one's immensely valuable pearly seeds and letting them fall where they may because the "wise and intelligent" know some will fall along the path and the birds will eat and be full, and some will fall on rocky ground with little soil and be scorched in the sun and die rootless, and some will fall into good soil and grow and increase and produce grain yielding fruit thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold and a thousandfold even.

If you are indeed "wise and intelligent", it's not as if your pearls can be trampled on. And if pigs eat your pearls it is pigs who will choke, so you just make sure your seeds are the pearly "wise and intelligent" type and worry not about the quality of the soil they fall on. You'd never really know which soil is which till you scatter your "wise and intelligent" pearly seeds on them to see if they grow, or not.
Re: Hop In Here Guys For Discussion by ivandragon: 6:25pm On May 29, 2019
budaatum:
Of course it is "right and appropriate for a wise and intelligent person to engage in a lengthy argument discussion with others", especially here on a public forum. Note that I cancelled your "argument" though, and replaced it with what "wise and intelligent" people do.

It's a public forum see, so though one discusses with just one other, many others will see what one's pearls and learn. And besides, unless one desires to remain stupid and ignorant oneself and fails to consider what oneself is arguing against, one would learn if one uses one's brain while discussing too.

An example is the conversation 12 year old buda is having with my supposedly "wise and intelligent" greyhaired grandpa ivandragon here. Another is the one buda had with "wise and intelligent" Shepherd00 here.

People are not stupid, see. While one discusses, wisely and intelligently, one is scattering one's immensely valuable pearly seeds and letting them fall where they may because the "wise and intelligent" know some will fall along the path and the birds will eat and be full, and some will fall on rocky ground with little soil and be scorched in the sun and die rootless, and some will fall into good soil and grow and increase and produce grain yielding fruit thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold and a thousandfold even.

If you are indeed "wise and intelligent", it's not as if your pearls can be trampled on. And if pigs eat your pearls it is pigs who will choke, so you just make sure your seeds are the pearly "wise and intelligent", and worry not about the quality of the soil they fall on. You'd never really know which soil is which till you scatter your "wise and intelligent" pearly seeds on them to see if they grow, or not.

the issue with your 'kind' is that you throw a jab & when a round house is landed right back at you, you go all over crying & acting as the victim...

why don't you let the 'house' know that you were the one that made an insulting comment on my mention when I didn't even refer to you or anyone else for that matter?

you say I am a bully, because you threw an insult at me & I responded?

why don't you tell the 'house' that what you are really upset about is that a thread was opened about the sleaze going on in the social programmes of the FG, but rather than direct your comments to the topic, you chose to attack me when I stated that social welfare programmes are financial black holes & prone to fraud...

you act as if you are some sort of classy character when you are in fact, a snivelling dolt...

it is good you have decided to follow me & respond to every comment I make. hopefully, you will learn a thing or two of not personalising discussions that are none of your business...
Re: Hop In Here Guys For Discussion by budaatum: 6:30pm On May 29, 2019
ivandragon:

why don't you let the 'house' know that you were the one that made an insulting comment on my mention when I didn't even refer to you or anyone else for that matter?
You don't need to refer to anyone in particular when you comment on a public forum, and a link to the conversation is in my post for people to see for themselves and make up their own minds grandpa.
Re: Hop In Here Guys For Discussion by ivandragon: 6:30pm On May 29, 2019
kristlike:
Good evening nairalanders. Pls, I'll love us to have a very important discussion tonight.

Is it right and appropriate for a wise and intelligent person engage in a lengthy argument with others?- Be it your fellow guys or your elderly ones...
Why this questions seems to be coming out is because some set of people see these set of guys( Arguer) quite intelligent folks; others tagged them simply as jobbles guys; To me I see it as a platform where your self worth or self esteem is devalued, especially when your opponent seems to always be perceived right and objective.

What do you think guys??
Logical and critical response only...

it is best to keep discussions on the topic & make them short & simple.

however, you often have some dolts like badaatum who make it their business to to insult the opinion of others & while it is often good to ignore such characters, you sometimes have to let them understand that they do not have the monopoly of throwing tantrums.

my practice is this, if I quote a comment & the conversation is getting too long, I let the person have the last say, I think that is fair & proper...

if I am however quoted, especially by rude characters like badaatum, then, I go on for as long as it pleases me or until they learn some manners...
Re: Hop In Here Guys For Discussion by ivandragon: 6:33pm On May 29, 2019
budaatum:

You don't need to refer to anyone in particular when you comment on a public forum, and a link to the conversation is in my post for people to see for themselves and make up their own minds grandpa.

noted kiddo...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hop In Here Guys For Discussion by budaatum: 6:36pm On May 29, 2019
ivandragon:
I let the person have the last say, I think that is fair & proper
I, on the other hand, do not do "fair, nor insult others, but when insulted I throw pearls at insulters and believe me when I say I never run out of pearls because, my cup runneth over, with pearls.
Re: Hop In Here Guys For Discussion by budaatum: 6:37pm On May 29, 2019
ivandragon:

noted kiddo...
This, by the way, is the first kind word you have said to me!

I love you grandpa.
Re: Hop In Here Guys For Discussion by kristlike: 8:28pm On May 29, 2019
ivandragon:

it is best to keep discussions on the topic & make them short & simple.

however, you often have some dolts like badaatum who make it their business to to insult the opinion of others & while it is often good to ignore such characters, you sometimes have to let them understand that they do not have the monopoly of throwing tantrums.

my practice is this, if I quote a comment & the conversation is getting too long, I let the person have the last say, I think that is fair & proper...

if I am however quoted, especially by rude characters like badaatum, then, I go on for as long as it pleases me or until they learn some manners...
Quite impressive! That's why we're here to learn.
Referring to your last paragraph: What if the person in question refuse to learn some manner, would you insist to continue such unyielding argument with him?
Re: Hop In Here Guys For Discussion by kristlike: 8:49pm On May 29, 2019
budaatum:

It's a public forum see, so though one discusses with just one other, many others will see one's pearls and learn. And besides, unless one desires to remain stupid and ignorant oneself and fails to consider what oneself is arguing against, one would learn if one uses one's brain while discussing too.

If you are indeed "wise and intelligent", it's not as if your pearls can be trampled on. And if pigs eat your pearls it is pigs who will choke, so you just make sure your seeds are the pearly "wise and intelligent" type and worry not about the quality of the soil they fall on. You'd never really know which soil is which till you scatter your "wise and intelligent" pearly seeds on them to see if they grow, or not.
You can always make your contribution without insulting someone particularly.
Thanks for your input though..
Re: Hop In Here Guys For Discussion by budaatum: 9:15pm On May 29, 2019
kristlike:

You can always make your contribution without insulting someone particularly.
Thanks for your input though..
Of course, one can. Either ways, readers get to decide how they take what one writes. It's a public forum after all.
Re: Hop In Here Guys For Discussion by ivandragon: 4:59am On May 30, 2019
kristlike:
You can always make your contribution without insulting someone particularly. Thanks for your input though..

lol.
I can see through the charade...

(1) (Reply)

JAMB Approve 160 As Cut Off Mark For Admission / Student Thief.... See Student Caught Stealing Bag With Valuables / Falana, Seun Kuti And Others Storm Oau For July 10 Commemoration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.