Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,782 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners (41645 Views)

Osun Commissioner, Bunmi Jenyo Donates Salary To 20 Aides / Edo Resumes Payment Of Gratuities To Pensioners 17 Years After / Governor Akeredolu Pays N4 Billion To Pensioners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by blackslayer: 8:12pm On May 29, 2019
Dang...the girl on the extreme right has some huge tits!!! gaddamn!!!!
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by Onigbindemmd: 8:28pm On May 29, 2019
hucienda:
Kudos. Hope no be IGG, Initial Gra Gra.
U said my mind
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:41pm On May 29, 2019
enemyofprogress:
to use you do rituals just dey hungry me

I thought you read about how Naira Marley's mouth got him into trouble.
If something of that sort happens, how do you defend yourself?
Do you know a post online can be traced to the SIM? He didn't insult you first, so why?

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by indigenous234(f): 8:44pm On May 29, 2019
Well, if Oyo has the IGR to sustain this policy then it's good. I would have suggested that the school fees remain and be channeled into improving the education standard in the state. Scraping the school fees because of low enrolment in substandard schools is putting the cart before the horse. After all, Rochas did the same in Imo State with low IGR and it was a success to a large extent so one can be optimistic of the success of this policy. I wish Oyo state all the best.

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by Harrisonwo(m): 8:45pm On May 29, 2019
very wrong move for now, analysis should have been done to know the number of schools and cost of running them coupled with the cost of maintaining the civil service and also infrastructure to be done, IGR and fed allocation.

who are his advisers?

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by enemyofprogress: 8:50pm On May 29, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

I thought you read about how Naira Marley's mouth got him into trouble.
If something of that sort happens, how do you defend yourself?
Do you know a post online can be traced to the SIM? He didn't insult you first, so why?
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by adekolaelect(m): 8:54pm On May 29, 2019
Davash222:

Because you can’t differentiate between good and bad.
I beg forget sentiment it is not the best step to take it be like say seyi wants to represent fayose in south west .Aregbe did the same thing in osun by cancelled fee for PRI & Secondary schools but he regretted it they later reintroduced it.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by itsmeolabode: 8:56pm On May 29, 2019
Ok
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by natznext(m): 8:59pm On May 29, 2019
RealLordZeus:

I will say there is nothing good about that. Ajimobi may be a colossal failure but on this issue of 3k, I kind of support the idea, after the first of year of the payment which went directly into his coffers but the subsequent ones are being remitted to the schools which are being used for developmental purposes, the number of primary and secondary schools in Ibadan only is enough to drain government purse if they desire to provide quality education, so the way I see it, it's like government pay the staffs while the students develop the schools and if it can go on like that, the issues of dilapidated classrooms and other degradation being witnessed in Oyo state primary and secondary education sector may soon be something of the past provided some principals and headmasters do not embezzle the funds.
And the issue of donating his salary, no be today we dey see am, we be Nigerians

What was the index of conducive class rooms b4 they started collecting the 3k, what is the situation today after a couple years of collecting this 3k?

You re wrong to say the schools will drain the Govts pocket

If the govt isn't lazy, they'll generate IGR, enough to fund education at all levels
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by MaziOmenuko: 9:03pm On May 29, 2019
MrMou:

No mind Naija jare. We too like nonsense. He wants to stvpidly show he's better than his predecessor. Na wetin go make the civil servants let am do only one term. Na just 3k naira for one year o, that's like 1k naira per term o! Any parent who claims to want the best for a child they brought to this world should be able to hustle one 1k naira every 4 months for school fees no matter how poor you are.
What's the essence of scrapping that insignificant stuff when it will go a long way to help the state that you already claim is "too poor" to pay minimum wage?

Reminds me of when Rochas stupidly declared free education to tertiary level and was paying students allowances to come to school. How far did the stupid policy last?

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by Jlow2: 9:14pm On May 29, 2019
Dis man believes in human development, which is far better dan natural resources, may the almighty see you through ur sincerity
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by Firefox01: 9:22pm On May 29, 2019
This man is doing only one term.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by ednoville(m): 9:37pm On May 29, 2019
*Hey!!!!* You need to listen to this powerful Christian song by Edward Campbell

*You like it? Share To Bless Someone !!*

click the link below to download
https://edward.redbulbweb.com/
direct download
https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/628510434/download?client_id=Iy5e1Ri4GTNgrafaXe4mLpmJLXbXEfBR

Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by fyneguy: 9:46pm On May 29, 2019
MrMou:

No mind Naija jare. We too like nonsense. He wants to stvpidly show he's better than his predecessor. Na wetin go make the civil servants let am do only one term. Na just 3k naira for one year o, that's like 1k naira per term o! Any parent who claims to want the best for a child they brought to this world should be able to hustle one 1k naira every 4 months for school fees no matter how poor you are.
What's the essence of scrapping that insignificant stuff when it will go a long way to help the state that you already claim is "too poor" to pay minimum wage?

It's for political capital lol. He probably wants to earn the trust and confidence of the people before taking more from them lol
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by Ayostephen1(m): 10:09pm On May 29, 2019
Pls tell the governor of Ondo state
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by GeorgeTheCoder: 10:19pm On May 29, 2019
MrMou:
There's no money to pay the recommended minimum wage for the teachers but I can scrap school fees for the students. Nawa!

Its sad that I had to come this far down to find your post - the first sensible one.

How can he claim to be short on funds and still be intent on scrapping fees ? How does that make any sort of sense ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by dmjinc(m): 10:53pm On May 29, 2019
wish it was Bayo Adelabu chai.....only God knows....

I wish Eng Seyi Makinde His Excellency best of luck!

cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by neyoluv: 11:13pm On May 29, 2019
Oga Governor,don't chew what you cannot bites
NLC will never agree with you, if other state can pay minimum wages, Everybody know happen during negotiation and how NLC said that they should not vote for anybody that will not pay them 30000,
Did you know why Ajimobi introduces the money into secondary school, and how it has help the education in the state.
Well God will give you the grace to fulfill your promises
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by benson1411: 11:42pm On May 29, 2019
DjCandyMusic:
Who is that fool above me
A fool indeed bro
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by Nobody: 11:58pm On May 29, 2019
RealLordZeus:

If paying 3k per session not even per term is what u deem as bad then I give up, yes, in our time, we all enjoyed free education to some extent, I think I the highest amount I paid in Ibadan Grammar school then was #100 or #150 as PTA/LEVY fee but bro times have changed and desperate times calls for desperate measures and pls read my quoted post again

I’m class of ‘82.

I was on the campus this week and saw this poster of an old principal.

Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by oyebanji(m): 2:17am On May 30, 2019
Salary to pensioners? How many will that cover?

Scrapping of 3k levies? Is Oyo rich enough to maintain its schools?

Why not be the 1st to admit and cancel security votes?

Can you now pay 30k minimum wage?

This man is starting on a not too sure footing!
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by bmos(m): 6:37am On May 30, 2019
DjCandyMusic:
Who is that fool above me

Let him not set standard that he cant maintain on the long run
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by Preciousseed(m): 6:38am On May 30, 2019
natznext:

What was the index of conducive class rooms b4 they started collecting the 3k, what is the situation today after a couple years of collecting this 3k?

You re wrong to say the schools will drain the Govts pocket

If the govt isn't lazy, they'll generate IGR, enough to fund education at all levels

Exactly my view. We should be able to analyze the impact of the 3k before and after it's introduction. Did it improve the standard of education, schools, or was the funds misused.
If the introduction of it led to the 400,000 out of school children, then it should be ready MK over so as to get the children back to school.
If the government could not pay minimum wage, but be able to run free basic education, then it is a good way to go. Human capital development remains the most important capital development any government can and should embark upon.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by arofemites(m): 7:59am On May 30, 2019
RealLordZeus:

If paying 3k per session not even per term is what u deem as bad then I give up, yes, in our time, we all enjoyed free education to some extent, I think I the highest amount I paid in Ibadan Grammar school then was #100 or #150 as PTA/LEVY fee but bro times have changed and desperate times calls for desperate measures and pls read my quoted post again

I also went to Ibadan Grammar School.
How are you?
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by 9jaRealist: 7:59am On May 30, 2019
Was digging this Makinde guy’s speech - until he stumbled on the minimum wage issue... sad

Having a national minimum wage does NOT negate federalism. The national minimum wage is NOT uniform wage, but a FLOOR (based on such factors as living standards and revenue availability in Nigeria) and therefore individual states are still free to pay different minimum wages - so long as it does NOT fall below the floor of the national minimum wage standard.

>
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by gistsmill04: 8:01am On May 30, 2019
What a great decision... BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by Tomide007: 9:02am On May 30, 2019
Larryndelaw:
Nonsense. The salary he Will recoup in millions fold thru looting
What is millions to Seyi makinde, someone that declared 1.5billion as tax in 2018
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by gideonvalor98(m): 9:19am On May 30, 2019
RealLordZeus:

I will say there is nothing good about that. Ajimobi may be a colossal failure but on this issue of 3k, I kind of support the idea, after the first of year of the payment which went directly into his coffers but the subsequent ones are being remitted to the schools which are being used for developmental purposes, the number of primary and secondary schools in Ibadan only is enough to drain government purse if they desire to provide quality education, so the way I see it, it's like government pay the staffs while the students develop the schools and if it can go on like that, the issues of dilapidated classrooms and other degradation being witnessed in Oyo state primary and secondary education sector may soon be something of the past provided some principals and headmasters do not embezzle the funds.
And the issue of donating his salary, no be today we dey see am, we be Nigerians
I supported what your assertion bro. Total free education is no more realisable this time. 3k per session is not bad and even the public private partnership is a welcome development. I was impressed with what I saw recently when I went to my alma Mata-ibadan boys' high school. I was impressed with the turn of things there, to also to some secondary schools have been too. All other fees can be scrapped.
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by UncleNnamdi: 8:51am On Jun 03, 2019
happney65:

Yeah,I dont support it too..Education isnt cheap and left to me I will even make it even more expensive than that..This is 2019 and not 1954
Good morning sir, without planning to disturb your peace, I just sent you a pm.
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by Larryndelaw: 9:18pm On Jun 03, 2019
Tomide007:

What is millions to Seyi makinde, someone that declared 1.5billion as tax in 2018
So you beating your chest say him no thief public money?
Re: Seyi Makinde Scraps School Fees, Donates Salary To Pensioners by Ijawwomaninoyo: 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
enemyofprogress:

All your children will die in one day if you ever reply me with such nonsense.
You take your mama do rituals, any money no drop, why bring your frustrations here instead of using your useless father

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole At John Oyegun's Daughter's Wedding (pics) / Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan / Kaduna COVID-19 Palliative Warehouse Invaded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.