Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

#BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) (51428 Views)

RUGA: Fulani Not Planning To Install Emirs in Enugu, Asaba - MURIC / #BiafraRemembranceDay: The Effects Of The Civil War Between Biafra & Nigeria / 'see How Atiku Locked Down Nasarawa, Buhari’s Stronghold' - Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Stingman: 1:37pm On May 30, 2019
victorvezx:

Keep dreaming. There will be no referendum. It’s only in ur head. U think Nigeria is Europe? Lol

Why you dey fear nowww? You no fit live without the Igbos?

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by elyte(m): 1:38pm On May 30, 2019
hollah123:
Fool, na Wetin u b be that? Call anyone in asaba n they will clear u that things are moving on fine. The yardstick u can use in judging a good sit at home aside threat is that u come to a land that is not igbo dominated n check what they are doing. Here in Ibadan, emeka our electronic supplier just left our office now n when we asked him about sit at home, all he said is "Na Dem go feed me" n so it is in many non igbo state too. People are not really cool with it but they are just afraid of lynching. My younger bro who is serving in anambra told me that all they keep issuing to people is threat to make them comply. Remove the threat n people will come out n hustle

You are very much correct. I called my fiancee at Umuahia. She's a teacher. She told me they had to sit at home because they were afraid. She added that most people who didn't go to work have same reason.
It's better to sit at home than to be caught in a fracas between Ipob and the security agencies. Meanwhile in PH, the Igbos here don't even know anything like that is ongoing.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by victorvezx(m): 1:39pm On May 30, 2019
Kinikini:
That they have enough muscle to force people out of the streets and businesses to close is a testimony to their popularity.

It is a testimony to how powerful hooliganism is. Once u threaten people on something as powerful as social media, the threat message will go far and wide.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Henri8: 1:39pm On May 30, 2019
CoolAmbience:

That's why no one wishes for a war...'cos atrocities happen on both sides.

As for oppressing the igbos, that's a figment of your imagination because igbo remains, unarguably, one of the most successful ethnic groups in country.
By our sheer determination to succeed.

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Stingman: 1:40pm On May 30, 2019
victorvezx:

And it won’t happen. So all y’all picture propaganda will thrown in the dustbin after today

You be parasitico? You no fit live without the Igbos you have been marginalizing since after the war? Mention one federal investment there if you can? You believe that cheating a set of people will make you more prosperous?
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Geesaintagape: 1:41pm On May 30, 2019
I live here at asaba every activity is fully on
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by victorvezx(m): 1:42pm On May 30, 2019
Stingman:

Why you dey fear nowww? You no fit live without the Igbos?
It’s not about fear. It’s about preserving territory. It’s the same reason why China refuse to allow Hong Kong, Taiwan, And Tibet to go even when all can stand alone on their own as a country. China even threaten an invasion against them if they dare secede
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Yyeske(m): 1:42pm On May 30, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

Shut up! No public holiday can lock down massive markets at Onitsha.
The empty new parts market you saw the picture with fly over is always busy even on Sundays.

What is the problem of this condemned face people?
Do you live in Onitsha? Traders had already been told that markets would be shut and they should stay home so many people who may have wished to go didn't bother. Moreover, IPOB had issued a stone to death order and this equally made more people to stay off so stop feeling as if most people stayed back on their own volition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by gingger(m): 1:43pm On May 30, 2019
YoungDaNaval:
I said shut up! Learn to mind your business than talking trash! Fool

Why are u exhibiting traits of an hooligan.

Be civil while arguing. Bush man
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Jcemmyu: 1:43pm On May 30, 2019
I am proud of IGBOS

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Henri8: 1:43pm On May 30, 2019
Danwakae:

Is you that don't understand anything running blindly with a leaders that have sold u people already.

Your people will continue to die foolishly because your leaders are cawards
Who's the leader? Nnamdi Kanu?
Young Man/Woman, the issue of Biafra predates Kanu. He was not even born nor participated in the war.

Heros day, is the day we mourn dead. Not a day to celebrate anybody.

You see, it will never be well with whoever removed history from Nigerian school curriculum. You would have known this if you had studied history.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by PDJT: 1:44pm On May 30, 2019
God bless Biafrans everywhere they are!
God bless all Lovers of Freedom!!
God bless the departed souls of our Heroes and Heroines!!! Isee.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Stingman: 1:44pm On May 30, 2019
victorvezx:

It’s not about fear. It’s about preserving territory. It’s the same reason why China refuse to allow Hong Kong, Taiwan, And Tibet to go even when all can stand alone on their own as a country. China even threaten an invasion against them if they dare secede

Which decaying territory are you all about? ONLY a stark fool will suppress one of its territory and uphold the others...even when the suppressed one has the power to left it...Even so Hong Kong and Taiwan have some form of autonomy...

If this rubbish suppression is not stopped a time will come you won't have anybody from the territory representing Nigeria in any form of sporting activities...Will you send Python dance to force them?
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Chikelue2000(m): 1:45pm On May 30, 2019
ChristianNorth:
Since we can't shut-down operations 100% but as an Igbo man who lost some much during the war, I ordered all non-essential staffs posted within SE and Igbo staffs in Lagos, Abuja and Kano to sit at home and pay respect to their deceased love ones.

It is a pity I couldn't join them because we have a criminal we need to send to prison today. I am leading the effort personally. Wish us luck

I wish all true #Biafrans and lovers of #Freedom, a #HappyHerosDay. We shall get there.

#NoMovingBack #AtikusComing #Peace
is there any goodnews coming from Buhari?
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Yyeske(m): 1:46pm On May 30, 2019
Geesaintagape:
I live here at asaba every activity is fully on
I wonder o, I've called friends in Asaba and they told me everything is going fine.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by victorvezx(m): 1:50pm On May 30, 2019
Stingman:

Which decaying territory are you all about? ONLY a stark fool will suppress one of its territory and uphold the others...even when the suppressed one has the power to left it...Even so Hong Kong and Taiwan have some form of autonomy...

If this rubbish suppression is not stopped a time will come you won't have anybody from the territory representing Nigeria in any form of sporting activities...Will you send Python dance to force them?
Lol, typical Igbo victim mentality. U re acting like the South East is the only neglected region. The most marginalized region in Nigeria is the the South-South, and they are not making noise like u people even when there region produces all of Nigeria’s wealth.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Stingman: 1:52pm On May 30, 2019
victorvezx:

Lol, typical Igbo victim mentality. U re acting like the South East is the only neglected region. The most marginalized region in Nigeria is the the South-South, and they are not making noise like u people even when there region produces all of Nigeria’s wealth.

You are deeply uninformed...try another propaganda to support your fear of Nigeria without the Igbos...despite your support and denial of wicked and brutal suppression ... See the below.

"...The South East has the highest infrastructural deficit in the country..." Tony Momoh APC chieftan.

" ....Igbo people calling for separation from Nigeria are doing so because they have not had their fair share in the scheme of things in Nigeria.
Musa admitted that since the civil war ended, Igbo people have not been treated as co-owners of the country.
His words: “Sincerely speaking, the South-East has not had a fair-share since the civil war. Their marginalization is quite obvious..." A second republic governor of Kaduna State, Alhaji Balarabe Musa
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by degamemaster(m): 1:57pm On May 30, 2019
Rest on, heroes of our land. God bless Biafra.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by joe120120(m): 2:01pm On May 30, 2019
Mandynews:
The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has completely locked down the capital city of Biafra, Enugu, Anambra and Asaba in honour of its war heroes.

IPOB had declared a sit-at-home to honour its men who died in the Nigeria-Biafra war from 1967-1970.

The government through the Police has however warned the group against the planned action.

Check out photos below.

Source: http://mandynews.com/biafra-remembrance-day-enugu-anambra-completely-locked-down-photos/

Zoo is on fire
I warn FG and lie Mohammed and Co
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by luluman: 2:07pm On May 30, 2019
Holamic:
This issue is becoming real oh run FG
FG Should run just because the streets of Igbo land are dry ?
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by comodo: 2:11pm On May 30, 2019
RemiTinubu:
to press your breast just dey hungry me kiss
Perv
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by luluman: 2:11pm On May 30, 2019
Emoo96:
if people no wa go work or shop how e concern person. my eastern brothers abeg make it till next week. a proper remembrance for the children who EZE Igbo Gburugburu lead and later ran away to die of malnutrition.
Me I even think they should kwantuniu for ever make notice reduce for Nigeria.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 30, 2019
victorvezx:

"the South south is the most marginalized region in Nigeria and they are not making noise like u"
read your comment again,so we should clap for them for being silent despite their marginalization.
And that's the advice you are giving the South East,to also keep quiet and accept marginalization, because there are people who are more marginalized than them??
You my friend,are a fool.
Imagine being captured as a slave by enemies and being kept in prison detention along with another prisoner.
Then you hatch an escape plan,but as you are about to escape your fellow prisoner starts telling you not to escape because you are not the only one in prison,so why should escape when others are here??
And he starts calling the guards that someone is trying to escape...
that is basically the point you are trying to make.
You acknowledged that indeed there is marginalization,,but igbos should sit and suck it up because we are not the only ones in the mess.
The black man's mentality...pull him down...if I'm not progressing,why should you??
we must all remain here.
Most Nigerians Know that there is no hope for this country any longer..but they wouldn't want to see a part of the country break away, leaving them in the mess...but at the same time they don't have the balls to push for their own exit ,so the best thing is to make sure we all remain in the mess,and nobody's situation gets better.
but why should I remain in a country with you if I don't want to??
was Nigeria designed by God??
Nigeria was designed by the Brits , for their selfish purpose,human beings like you decided and designed your future and destiny for you..
why can't you take the pencil and redesign it the way you like, instead of screaming one Nigeria up and down on an empty stomach.
do you feel happy being a Nigerian??
what is wrong with the black man??

2 Likes

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by BrownRoofRep: 2:15pm On May 30, 2019
Yyeske:
Do you live in Onitsha? Traders had already been told that markets would be shut and they should stay home so many people who may have wished to go didn't bother. Moreover, IPOB had issued a stone to death order and this equally made more people to stay off so stop feeling as if most people stayed back on their own volition.
I don't know who you are but I am from Ogidi, most of those locations are very close to my home.

The dude saying the picture was taken on public holiday is somehow silly.
No public holiday can lock down markets at Onitsha and the environs.
New parts market is ever busy, even on Sundays.
I might not be a member of IPOB but I won't allow someone mounting on a rusted roof at Osogbo to tell me about the events at my backyard. And for record I believe we are better off with Nigeria than this rubbish of a cowntry.

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by fx45(m): 2:16pm On May 30, 2019
RemiTinubu:
to press your breast just dey hungry me kiss
That is all the Yorubaman knows... Sex

3 Likes

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by BrownRoofRep: 2:16pm On May 30, 2019
luluman:
Me I even think they should kwantuniu for ever make notice reduce for Nigeria.
And you alongside your fellow tiger claw face losers crying over Biafran sit at home.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by YoungDaNaval(m): 2:17pm On May 30, 2019
gingger:

Why are u exhibiting traits of an hooligan.

Be civil while arguing. Bush man
I am not arguing with you. I am telling you to shut up and stop talking trash!!

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Yyeske(m): 2:29pm On May 30, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

I don't know who you are but I am from Ogidi, most of those locations are very close to my home.

The dude saying the picture was taken on public holiday is somehow silly.
No public holiday can lock down markets at Onitsha and the environs.
New parts market is ever busy, even on Sundays.
I might not be a member of IPOB but I won't allow someone mouthing in a rusted roof at Osogbo to tell me about the events at my backyard. And for record I believe we are better off with Nigeria than this rubbish of a cowntry.
We are saying basically the same thing, I stay at Odume Obosi and I have neighbours who are traders in Main market, Electronics, building material, electricals, Nkpor main market, new parts, mgbuka Obosi and Nkpor and I've been told by some of them that markets would be shut down today so they are not going out and some weren't happy but can do nothing about it.
In essence my argument is that most people didn't stay home because they wanted to, they stayed because they were forced to. If you were a trader and you've been told to keep off today, what are you still going there to do today, to say hi to the security men or count the number of shops in the market?

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Butoneday2(m): 2:31pm On May 30, 2019
Texman21:
i laugh in python dance
keep laughing anu mpama
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Masterppower: 2:42pm On May 30, 2019
Texman21:
i laugh in python dance
On your grave
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Shaev7(m): 2:43pm On May 30, 2019
I wish all Igbos across the country will comply, esp Lagos in Alaba and co...
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Mummyimbecile(m): 2:43pm On May 30, 2019
victorvezx:

Keep dreaming. There will be no referendum. It’s only in ur head. U think Nigeria is Europe? Lol
the kingdom of God suffers voilence and only the voilent take it by force,always remember that,igbos may not need a referendum to secede!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos APC; Sanwo-olu Reacts After Ambode's Allegations Against Him. Photos / Igala People Of Kogi State Protesting.. / Shehu Sani Loses Polling Unit By Wide Margin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.