Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After (37971 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap Ex-Imo Speaker, Duruji, Others / Chinedu Offor Emerges Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly / Imo House Of Assembly Speaker, 17 Lawmakers Dump APC For Action Alliance Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by DeLinguaMan: 8:51pm On May 30, 2019
Hon Lawman Duruji on Thursday, resigned his position as Speaker of the Imo State House of Assembly, Igbere TV reports.

This is coming just 48 hours after he assumed his new post as Speaker.

Igbere TV recalls that Duruji emerged Speaker on Tuesday, following the resignation of the former Speaker, Hon Acho Ihim.

Confirming his exit to newsmen in Owerri, Duruji said, “It is true. I have just resigned as the Speaker of the Imo State House of Assembly.

“I have tendered my resignation letter to the Clerk of the House, Chris Duru.

“I resigned on Thursday.”

When asked what prompted his sudden resignation, he said, “I did that on personal reason. I was not forced. I have my reason and it is personal.”

Igbere TV, however, gathered that Duruji, who has just won re-election for a second term, is seeking to emerge the substantive Speaker of the 9th Assembly. This must have prompted his decision to avoid legal issues.

http://igberetvnews.com/728620/breaking-house-of-assembly-speaker-resigns-48hrs-after-assuming-office/

Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by kinzation(m): 8:52pm On May 30, 2019
Why the sudden resignation ?
Personal reason?
probably he has been threatened personally

*Modified*
So this topic made FTC?
Please someone should tell me the joy people derive in shouting "FTC"
Is money attached to it?

Seun, Mynd44, Dominique
Please enlighten me o

22 Likes

Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by 50power: 8:57pm On May 30, 2019
Do not blame him. He sees what we cannot see.

Get more customers and clients. List your business on https://www.nairakobo.com.ng/

7 Likes

Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by Amuocha: 9:05pm On May 30, 2019
Ok
Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by indigenous234(f): 9:06pm On May 30, 2019
I hope Imo State is not going to be a Somalia in the Nigerian federation

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by Zico5(m): 10:02pm On May 30, 2019
Politicians and drama. Everyone is secretly fighting for something. U can never trust a politician, giving their trust and words may change abruptly without notice. No politician can reach heaven cos a politician must be able to lie and sugarcoat just to get position. if I lie just ask oga Buhari. We are still waiting for 1dollar to equal 1naira.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by Onyekachi419(f): 10:03pm On May 30, 2019
he saved himself from being embarrassed grin
Is better to resign than being sacked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by Zabilon007(m): 10:03pm On May 30, 2019
grin
Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by femtex007(m): 10:03pm On May 30, 2019
I know there is no smoke without fire. Its just too early for all dis dramas in imo state.

10 Likes

Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by adisabarber(m): 10:05pm On May 30, 2019
Dem don send am text message

4 Likes

Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by Generalwoodz(m): 10:07pm On May 30, 2019
A
Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by Abalado(f): 10:08pm On May 30, 2019
Some people will not read before they comment, haba.. They said probably he resigned so that he can contest for the position after the swearing in next week, if he doesn't he resigned he calculations to become the legal speaker may be come brouhaha

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by nicepoker101(m): 10:08pm On May 30, 2019
You guys should read the last paragraph. And get the info.

11 Likes

Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by Iamdmentor1(m): 10:11pm On May 30, 2019
Why did he resign?
Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by SoNature(m): 10:19pm On May 30, 2019
Obviously, the people who dropped comments before me are becoming more reasonable because there's no Rochas to blame again.

Ndi era!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by arantess: 10:19pm On May 30, 2019
Iamdmentor1:
Igbos and rituals
Otunnegi and rancid womb

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by enochict: 10:20pm On May 30, 2019
Advance Your Career in GRAPHICS DESIGN, MOTION GRAPHICS, VIDEO EDITING.

It is absolutely 100% Practical Training!

We offer home services @ very affordable price

SEE BANNER FOR MORE!!!

Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by Imoh555(m): 10:29pm On May 30, 2019
Now i understand why Snooker is a cool game for men. It teaches them to focus on many holes using just one stick.

5 Likes

Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:30pm On May 30, 2019
His decision to resign the speakership position is best known to him as he has said.
Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by naijajobx: 10:43pm On May 30, 2019
Oh
Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by mamaluwe22(f): 10:52pm On May 30, 2019
����.Now i understand why Snooker is a cool game for men. It teaches them to focus on many holes using just one stick.
[/quote]
Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by vertueptime: 11:44pm On May 30, 2019
Yall need to understand the trick, the former speaker resigned for him to become speaker for one day and leave with the entitlements due to the speaker, and his name will enter records, he is now a right honorable

3 Likes

Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by seangy4konji: 1:10am On May 31, 2019
all rouges...

why spend hundreds of millions to resign

he don get alert.
Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by Orpe7(m): 5:33am On May 31, 2019
When you see the enormous corruption in the position, u sef go resign. Make EFCC no come dey find u later
Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by lewis512(m): 6:05am On May 31, 2019
48 hours ?? Thats serious
Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by onlyboyson(m): 7:10am On May 31, 2019
The house of assembly and THE SEAT will be like
NEXT CUSTOMER PLS

1 Like

Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by bestman09(m): 7:11am On May 31, 2019
My questions now are; (1) Will he be addressed as a former speaker of the IMO state house of Assembly? (2) Will he enjoy the privileges associated with being a former speaker?

2 Likes

Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by Realbelieveer(m): 7:15am On May 31, 2019
Iamdmentor1:
Igbos and rituals
how will u see people to teach your stupid languages with this bad black soul of yours
Re: Lawman Duruji Resigns As Speaker, Imo House Of Assembly 48 Hours After by davillian(m): 7:21am On May 31, 2019
"I was not forced"
From this statement it means you were forced .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Lands In Mali On A Peace Mission / APC Mourns Member, Others Who Died In Custom Rice Stampede / LIVE FACT CHECK: Verifying Osinbajo, Obi, At 2019 Election Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.