Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,427 members, 7,830,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday (27111 Views)

EFCC Vs Yahaya Bello: Is This Revenge Against The Former Governor? / EFCC Vs Kogi: Governors, Others Fingered In 2023 Plot To Stop NC Candidates / Femi Fani-Kayode: What Taliban's Imminent Victory In Afghanistan Proves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by silverbirdng(f): 6:00pm On May 31, 2019
The trial of former Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, was stalled at the Federal High Court in Lagos on Friday.

This was due to the absence of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, chieftain.

Fani-Kayode’s lawyer, B. F. Ajudua, said he was “indisposed”, but did not state openly what was ailing the former minister.

“We apologise for the absence of the second defendant. A letter to that effect was filed,” he told the court.

Fani-Kayode, Director of Publicity of the Goodluck Jonathan Presidential Campaign Organisation in 2015, is on trial with former Minister of State for Finance, Mrs. Nenadi Usman, for alleged money laundering.

They were charged with former Association of Local Government of Nigeria (ALGON) Chairman and ex-Chairman of Kagarko Local Government Area of Kaduna State, Mr. Yusuf Danjuma, and a company, Jointrust Dimensions Nigeria Limited.

The quartet were accused of violating the Money Laundering Act by indirectly retaining N300million, N400million and N800million, all proceeds of corruption, according to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The prosecution said they allegedly committed the offence, to which they pleaded not guilty, between January 8 and March 25, 2015 ahead of the 2015 general elections.

At the trial on May 14, Fani-Kayode’s counsel had opposed the prosecution’s bid to tender an extra-judicial statement he made.

Usman and Yusuf had also disowned their statements, contending that they made them under duress.

The defence counsel, Messrs Ferdinand Orbih (SAN), Norrison Quakers (SAN) and Clement Onwuenwuenor, urged the judge to order a trial-within-trial to test the voluntariness of the statements.

But the prosecuting counsel, Rotimi Oyedepo, maintained that the defendants made the statements voluntarily, adding that there was no need for a trial-within-trial.

Justice Rilwan Aikawa had adjourned till yesterday for ruling on the statements’ admissibility, but Fani-Kayode’s absence stalled it.

The judge adjourned until June 24 for ruling and possible trial-within-trial.
https://thickmatch.com/efcc-vs-fani-kayode-happened-court-friday/
Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by psucc(m): 6:11pm On May 31, 2019
The EFCC has only been able to grow teeth, bark and bite the north central. I am yet to see (stands to be corrected, no insult, abeg una) any high profile Yoruba man or core north behind the bars since 2015.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by Jestin: 6:51pm On May 31, 2019
They are always healthy when looting the funds but when it is time to face the consequences, they become indisposed. This trick is becoming old

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by YorubaWarrior: 6:51pm On May 31, 2019
shocked
Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by coolexy2: 6:53pm On May 31, 2019
May God help us in this country.. We are just messing around the blessing of God given to us...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by Phock2sweet: 6:54pm On May 31, 2019
seun seun......please please what's all these sex style above me sef?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 31, 2019
Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by Ololanla: 6:56pm On May 31, 2019
D
Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by Scatterscatter(m): 6:57pm On May 31, 2019
All these empty chest beaters that will be forming ailment when it's time for them to defend their corruption ridden life.
So a whole FFK can form lie... Na that ailment go legit kill am undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by naijaguy123456(m): 6:57pm On May 31, 2019
Typical PDP Twitter loud mouth . If you believe you’re innocent come prove yourself in court.

FKK right now .
[img]https://i./OCf9.gif[/img]

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by texazzpete(m): 7:04pm On May 31, 2019
psucc:
The EFCC has only been able to grow teeth, bark and bite the north central. I am yet to see (stands to be corrected, no insult, abeg una) any high profile Yoruba man or core north behind the bars since 2015.

You people just can’t help yourselves. You must put tribalism into everything.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by BlackfireX: 7:09pm On May 31, 2019
R.l.P
Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by Martartins(m): 7:17pm On May 31, 2019
If Fani Kayode's crime is money laundering, I wonder what we will call Tinubu's.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by Kingspin(m): 7:30pm On May 31, 2019
If only EFCC could be allow to operate independently
Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by jrusky(m): 7:39pm On May 31, 2019
psucc:

Bro what is this one you are saying again nah? Pls North is North, SW is SW, SE is SE, SS is SS pls don't start what you are trying to start pls.

What should be your core concern is all who eat yam must vomit it but unfortunately it's not so I guess that should be your core argument.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by asobo: 7:50pm On May 31, 2019
jrusky:

Bro what is this one you are saying again nah? Pls North is North, SW is SW, SE is SE, SS is SS pls don't start what you are trying to start pls.

What should be your core concern is all who eat yam must vomit it but unfortunately it's not so I guess that should be your core argument.
North isn't North, that's why we have NC, NE and NW. Thanks

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by Afritop(m): 8:09pm On May 31, 2019
What is the essence of charging a prominent politician who is an unrepentant thief to court. Charging this kind of people to court in Nigeria is a waste of time since nothing will come out of it. This is just another drama.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by jrusky(m): 9:08pm On May 31, 2019
asobo:
North isn't North, that's why we have NC, NE and NW. Thanks

So north isn't north again Ok bro I have heard you. Thanks
Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by coolitempa(f): 9:31pm On May 31, 2019
Afritop:
What is the essence of charging a prominent politician who is an unrepentant thief to court. Charging this kind of people to court in Nigeria is a waste of time since nothing will come out of it. This is just another drama.

So what should we do siddon look shocked

1 Like

Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by olaolaking: 10:16pm On May 31, 2019
Martartins:
If Fani Kayode's crime is money laundering, I wonder what we will call Tinubu's.
I expect you to say that. Don't you think it is becoming stale? You can't reason well again except you still mention Tinubu.

This is really worrisome

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by allisso: 10:20pm On May 31, 2019
Fvck Buhari
Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by DedeNkem: 1:27am On Jun 01, 2019
psucc:

You're right. The EFCC is known to be corrupt and selective in its arrests, indictments and prosecutions.

Northerners are the biggest thieves in this country and they're responsible for the abysmal messy situation of the country. But how many of them have been arrested or sucessfully prosecuted? None!

I don't understand why other regions of this country would allow, the incompetent, illiterate, terrorist North to dominate politically!

The yorubas, especially, piss me off big time for being minions of the North! How could a region (Yorubaland) filled with educated people, subject themselves as slaves to the illiterate North?

There's are reasons why there have never been an Igbo EFCC or ICPC chairman! Because Igbos actually try to do their job! Remember what happened to the former Chief of Army Staff, Azubuike Ihejirika (an Igbo man), who killed a lot of Boko Haram terrorists! In fact during his time, boko haram feared him!

Due to his effectiveness, Northern crooks conspired to remove him, and even falsely accused him of "sponsoring" Boko Haram. Imagine an Igbo christian who has been killing muslim terrorists, being accused of sponsoring the same muslim terrorist group he has terminating! It makes absolutely no sense!

Unfotunately, the North "owns" this country!
Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by masseratti: 1:43am On Jun 01, 2019
DedeNkem:

You're right. The EFCC is known to be corrupt and selective in its arrests, indictments and prosecutions.

Northerners are the biggest thieves in this country and they're responsible for the abysmal messy situation of the country. But how many of them have been arrested or sucessfully prosecuted? None!

I don't understand why other regions of this country would allow, the incompetent, illiterate, terrorist North to dominate politically!

The yorubas, especially, piss me off big time for being minions of the North! How could a region (Yorubaland) filled with educated people, subject themselves as slaves to the illiterate North?

There's are reasons why there have never been an Igbo EFCC or ICPC chairman! Because Igbos actually try to do their job! Remember what happened to the former Chief of Army Staff, Azubuike Ihejirika (an Igbo man), who killed a lot of Boko Haram terrorists! In fact during his time, boko haram feared him!

Due to his effectiveness, Northern crooks conspired to remove him, and even falsely accused him of "sponsoring" Boko Haram. Imagine an Igbo christian who has been killing muslim terrorists, being accused of sponsoring the same muslim terrorist group he has terminating! It makes absolutely no sense!

Unfotunately, the North "owns" this country!

go and read history and stop saying trash on the internet, this is the 1st time yorubas are in alliance with the north, they are no slaves, from the 1st republic to the 2nd the alliance had always been between Ṣe and the North... So tell me who the true slave is?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Vs Fani-kayode: What Happened In Court On Friday by dabossman(m): 8:30am On Jun 01, 2019
masseratti:
go and read history and stop saying trash on the internet, this is the 1st time yorubas are in alliance with the north, they are no slaves, from the 1st republic to the 2nd the alliance had always been between Ṣe and the North... So tell me who the true slave is?

He is only regurgitating beer parlour gist. History was not a part of their educational curriculum.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Invades Damboa Borno, Many Feared Dead, Hundreds Flee To Sambisa / ISWAP Leader, Al-Barnawi Is Dead & Remains Dead - Irabor, Chief Of Defence Staff / APC Considers Suing Tambuwal, Ortom, Obaseki, Others For Defection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.