Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,754 members, 7,831,419 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company (10858 Views)

Sales Executive Needed In A Freight Forwarding/logistics Company / Government Ministry Of Education Recruitment / Federal Ministry Of Water Resources Port Harcourt Recruitment (Apply Now) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by masciv: 5:20pm On Jun 01, 2019
Government jobs come without too much stress. Private require constant monitoring and dedication except you want to run your uncle's company to the ground.

Please kindly send me a message if you do have openings when the company kicks off operations. In need of a job too.

Remember! Do one thing and be good at it before diverting your attention to other things. The private company will definitely have it's own required levels of hard work, commitment and patience. It just might work out even better than the government offer.
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by Ten06(m): 5:24pm On Jun 01, 2019
Guy go for the government job first until your uncle start his own. Your uncle's own may not even start immediately
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by proff010: 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2019
u see this life self. You have to choose between two jobs when my wife who graduated since 2008 is yet to get any. God pls remember my wife oooo

3 Likes

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by mumumugu(m): 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2019
lonikit:
I have two opportunities now at the moment. the first is a job offer in the ministry of education of my state. another one is that my uncle based abroad is about to start a freight ( clearing and forwarding) business in lagos and he wants me to be in charge of the company. I have not started any because I am yet to complete my NYSC program. please, help me to make a good choice.

can I do the two together?? is the freight business lucrative enough that I can comfortably make a living from it?? or should I face the govt work and forget the business.?? please help me with ur advice.

Take government job and be sure of Job security. we know most state ministries don't do much . you still got time to combine with other job including the shipping
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by chukwuibuipob: 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2019
sad sad
favourite787899:

Funny you
Na everybody dey collect bribe ni?
sad.Dey there ooo.From the gate man to the janitors.I was at one Fed govt Min around Surulere last month to collect something,nah so baba gate man asked me wetin i wan do.Sharp sharp one lady don show up........D rest nah story
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by SirBunky85(m): 5:32pm On Jun 01, 2019
lonikit:
I have two opportunities now at the moment. the first is a job offer in the ministry of education of my state. another one is that my uncle based abroad is about to start a freight ( clearing and forwarding) business in lagos and he wants me to be in charge of the company. I have not started any because I am yet to complete my NYSC program. please, help me to make a good choice.

can I do the two together?? is the freight business lucrative enough that I can comfortably make a living from it?? or should I face the govt work and forget the business.?? please help me with ur advice.
in wch of the states in naija are u from?if u are from abia ,no take the state job offer cuz work and no pay go be ur case
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by COvo(m): 5:38pm On Jun 01, 2019
Never work for a relative, it never ends well! Unless uts your father
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by lexy2014: 5:39pm On Jun 01, 2019
lonikit:

Thanks sir

monimekaz:

Baba freight business no easy like that oo ..Take your job and u can still run the clearing and forwarding remotely. You can visit once in a while ..like twice a week and just put someone in charge ..Na govt work na ...nobody will monitor u like that ...

Now that he has adviced u, are u going to link him up with ur uncle?
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by pek(m): 5:42pm On Jun 01, 2019
What you will make in a month from the freight business will be more than you will make in a year from the ministry job.
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by Goddys(m): 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2019
You can't combine it if you want to become a clearing and forwarding agent. It requires your presence and absolute attention
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by lanre9ja(m): 6:01pm On Jun 01, 2019
Taking both will be lovely, u can still manager both with the help of honest people around u, i know it's mighty not be easy at the begining trust me, having trustest people around makes business easier and moves smothly.. I mighty be of help sometime. Hit me (lanrecareer@gmail.com) i love freight business
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by kunleham(m): 6:02pm On Jun 01, 2019
monimekaz:

In case u decide against taking the freight business ..I can help your uncle manage it ...
If you're knowledgeable about freight business, I've a licensed company but because of work I've not been able to start it. So if you can run it chat me on 08023541358.
Let's discuss.
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by ChristianNorth: 6:05pm On Jun 01, 2019
lonikit:

If state government owe you eeh, you go hate yourself.

Anyway, you are breaking our laws taking up paid jobs without completing your NYSC.

Respect our sacred laws. The fact one idiat in Aso Rock disrespected our laws doesn't mean you should also do.

Thank you.
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by RealityShot: 6:10pm On Jun 01, 2019
lonikit:

do BOTH.

ministry for job security..
then add that business (oversee a smaller manager your will employ) you can be there EVERY AFTERNOON so no lost time.
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by RealityShot: 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2019
proff010:
u see this life self. You have to choose between two jobs when my wife who graduated since 2008 is yet to get any. God pls remember my wife oooo
mmake your wife sitdon for house dey wait for N100k job to apply..
i comment my reserve.

work plenty.. Na choice
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by Ferdinandu(m): 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2019
joyousever:
The govt.job will be yours & yours only, but your uncle's business is his & his only and you'll only be a caretaker there. If he's not pleased by you, he could fire you at any time & there's no job security in a business u're managing for someone. Therefore, take the govt.job where u won't be threatened by job insecurity. And u could run your uncle's biz simultaneously with your govt. Job.
Job security, job security on less than 60k per month at the moment, probably no hope of up to 100%increase in the next 15yrs.Too much fear of the unknown is the reason why so many people are poor for life. Why won't he take the job learn on the job and plan towards establishing his own company.
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by RTSC: 6:32pm On Jun 01, 2019
Gforce2019:
What about God factor?

" In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths".

My brother immediately I finished my NYSC , I was in dilemma btw oceanic bank and government work. I chose govt work . The rest his history
That is an obvious choice.

Only a mad man will not choose government job over a bank work.
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by lanre88(m): 6:36pm On Jun 01, 2019
I understand perfectly your situation.

Haven 7yrs banking experience, I would advise you to take the freight job pls. Don't be a lazy ass and settle for one government job that majorly has no impact in your career other than (if lucky)get bribes here and there.

You want to be exposed and be a hot shot in the labor market in the future, take the freight job. You would marvel at the level of exposure you would have gernared over the years not taking away the fact that you can set up yours once the required knowledge and capital is available.

Run from government work if you cherish your career.
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by Ceasardgreat(m): 6:37pm On Jun 01, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
cool both..The Ministry of No Work.U just go to work at 1.20pm and cls @3.00pm afta idling about/collect bribe here N there..

grin grin Finish him!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by nicepoker101(m): 6:38pm On Jun 01, 2019
lonikit:

Yes do the two together. Greedy man grin
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by lanre88(m): 6:41pm On Jun 01, 2019
davillian:
Almost something older bro faced
NNPC vs Glo.
Glo annual pay dusted NNPC.
But popc advised him to take the Govt job and he not regretting it

Under no circumstance would you compare NNPC with other government parastatals. Only those scared or lazy opt for ministry work when you have a freight job option.
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by nicepoker101(m): 6:42pm On Jun 01, 2019
ChristianNorth:

If state government owe you eeh, you go hate yourself.

Anyway, you are breaking our laws taking up paid jobs without completing your NYSC.

Respect our sacred laws. The fact one idiat in Aso Rock disrespected our laws doesn't mean you should also do.

Thank you.
He hasn't taken any of those jobs since he is still serving.
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by Etfash(m): 6:44pm On Jun 01, 2019
You can do both, but if the location of the Ministry job isn't safe from the Freight business, I will advise you to ignore the Ministry job and embrace the private business.

However, please, be sure your uncle isnt going to change his mind.

1 Like

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by Goddys(m): 6:51pm On Jun 01, 2019
kunleham:

If you're knowledgeable about freight business, I've a licensed company but because of work I've not been able to start it. So if you can run it chat me on 08023541358.
Let's discuss.

Having a license is one thing and getting a business is another. This market is saturated. Its nt just about having a license.
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by habakukjss3: 6:53pm On Jun 01, 2019
lonikit:

Research on the remuneration for the ministry job n the capital ur uncle is investigating for the freight business.. For me.. I will choose the latter...
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by Teddybest: 6:58pm On Jun 01, 2019
Both are good opportunities. Seek the face of God and follow your heart. Meanwhile am into clearing and forwarding. I interphase with customs, shipping company and terminal. Am very experience and also open to learning. I'm base in P.H. Can always assist you.

2 Likes

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by moshuur(m): 6:58pm On Jun 01, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
cool both..The Ministry of No Work.U just go to work at 1.20pm and cls @3.00pm afta idling about/collect bribe here N there..
Bro ur comment get as e be.......it actually made me laugh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by ChristianNorth: 7:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
nicepoker101:
He hasn't taken any of those jobs since he is still serving.
Ok, my bad.
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by armzyville(m): 7:41pm On Jun 01, 2019
Freight forwarding bro... I know u want the govt job because of the fear of the unknown and also because of job security but I tell you freight forward will pay u well once you are established.
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by akaahs(m): 7:53pm On Jun 01, 2019
Baba collect the two together, believe if you are smart enough u can do both. Just make sure u re not posted in a busy department in the government work.
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by umarshehu58(m): 8:28pm On Jun 01, 2019
Op you already know it yourself that taking the two is the only option for you since you can't depend on gov't salary but you are here seeking for advice again
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by israelmao(m): 8:46pm On Jun 01, 2019
Go for managing freight company where you will be able to expand your horizon and learn entrepreneurial skills, I do business with most ministries I can tell you 85% are redundant so go to where you will keep your brain active for live and make more money.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Npower Payroll / EKO Hospitals Fresh Job Recruitment (10 Positions) / Any Hope For A Graduate After Six Years Of Joblessness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.