Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company (10818 Views)

Sales Executive Needed In A Freight Forwarding/logistics Company / Government Ministry Of Education Recruitment / Federal Ministry Of Water Resources Port Harcourt Recruitment (Apply Now) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by lonikit: 12:15pm On Jun 01, 2019
I have two opportunities now at the moment. the first is a job offer in the ministry of education of my state. another one is that my uncle based abroad is about to start a freight ( clearing and forwarding) business in lagos and he wants me to be in charge of the company. I have not started any because I am yet to complete my NYSC program. please, help me to make a good choice.

can I do the two together?? is the freight business lucrative enough that I can comfortably make a living from it?? or should I face the govt work and forget the business.?? please help me with ur advice.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by lonikit: 12:23pm On Jun 01, 2019
mod please help me.
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by mccben4(m): 1:02pm On Jun 01, 2019
seek God's face

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by monimekaz(m): 1:04pm On Jun 01, 2019
lonikit:
mod please help me.

In case u decide against taking the freight business ..I can help your uncle manage it ...

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by lonikit: 1:28pm On Jun 01, 2019
monimekaz:

In case u decide against taking the freight business ..I can help your uncle manage it ...
advice me first.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by lonikit: 1:29pm On Jun 01, 2019
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by monimekaz(m): 1:45pm On Jun 01, 2019
lonikit:

advice me first.

Baba freight business no easy like that oo ..Take your job and u can still run the clearing and forwarding remotely. You can visit once in a while ..like twice a week and just put someone in charge ..Na govt work na ...nobody will monitor u like that ...

33 Likes

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by lonikit: 1:58pm On Jun 01, 2019
monimekaz:

Baba freight business no easy like that oo ..Take your job and u can still run the clearing and forwarding remotely. You can visit once in a while ..like twice a week and just put someone in charge ..Na govt work na ...nobody will monitor u like that ...
Thanks sir

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by joyousever(f): 2:05pm On Jun 01, 2019
The govt.job will be yours & yours only, but your uncle's business is his & his only and you'll only be a caretaker there. If he's not pleased by you, he could fire you at any time & there's no job security in a business u're managing for someone. Therefore, take the govt.job where u won't be threatened by job insecurity. And u could run your uncle's biz simultaneously with your govt. Job.

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by OluwaWizzy(m): 3:02pm On Jun 01, 2019
You can operate both

4 Likes

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by lonikit: 3:16pm On Jun 01, 2019
joyousever:
The govt.job will be yours & yours only, but your uncle's business is his & his only and you'll only be a caretaker there. If he's not pleased by you, he could fire you at any time & there's no job security in a business u're managing for someone. Therefore, take the govt.job where u won't be threatened by job insecurity. And u could run your uncle's biz simultaneously with your govt. Job.
Thanks so much

5 Likes

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by lonikit: 3:16pm On Jun 01, 2019
OluwaWizzy:
You can operate both
Ok. Thanks
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by joyousever(f): 3:43pm On Jun 01, 2019
U welcome.
lonikit:

Thanks so much
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by 2extremes(m): 5:03pm On Jun 01, 2019
Just incase you settle for the government job, please link me up with the freight business. I need a job badly. Am done with NYSC

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by Guyman02: 5:04pm On Jun 01, 2019
Some state government jobs are not really viable due to difficulties in payment of staff salaries.
Take time to learn about the freight business before delving into it.
Ensure you enter into a contract agreement favourable to you with your relation prior to resumption, get a lawyer to draft the agreement terms, don't say because he is your relation it shouldn't matter if it's an unwritten agreement.

Ask questions from those engaged in the state government job and how they are faring and about prospects for career progression before making a final decision.

Don't limit yourself by saying state government job guarantees job security Afterall in Nigeria today, political thugs change positions in state government jobs like diapers depending on who gets elected and if you do so well in the freight business you can do like MC Oluomo who sponsored a US based medical doctor to win election into our House of Reps.
Goodluck

7 Likes

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by chukwuibuipob: 5:05pm On Jun 01, 2019
cool both..The Ministry of No Work.U just go to work at 1.20pm and cls @3.00pm afta idling about/collect bribe here N there..

1 Like

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by Benekruku(m): 5:06pm On Jun 01, 2019
Government O

God can bless you one day and snake will swallow 450 million left with you

2 Likes

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by Kk4(m): 5:06pm On Jun 01, 2019
You can comfortably run the 2 business. Government job gives time, you just need someone to manage the freight business while you supervise.
Discuss this with your uncle.

1 Like

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by davillian(m): 5:06pm On Jun 01, 2019
Almost something older bro faced
NNPC vs Glo.
Glo annual pay dusted NNPC.
But popc advised him to take the Govt job and he not regretting it

5 Likes

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by Darmolla02: 5:08pm On Jun 01, 2019
doing both won't harm you. Government job is cool if found. And if your gonna need someone to be managing your uncle business for you while you come to check anytime you want. Llama call in me, I'm available. I'm jobless at the moment and have been looking for job. Even I don't mind working as a front desk officer at your uncle job. My contact is 07030873238 or 09031151491.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by eldino44(m): 5:08pm On Jun 01, 2019
Government job will tie you, especially state government with small pay. Focus on your uncle's business, with time it will give you freedom if managed well.

1 Like

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by sevunteen(m): 5:08pm On Jun 01, 2019
Going for the one that has more security, you should do the government ministry job.

If you plan seeing something grow from scratch, building your skill in that particular line and eventually owning your business some days, u do the freight.

Your preference will determine...

But if I were u though, I 'll do the government job.

2 Likes

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by krissconnect(m): 5:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
Are u taking total control of the company or you will just be overseeing it's welfare whilst ur uncle is taking the finances? If the later is the case, abeg go for the government job
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by oloko1859(m): 5:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
you can run both simultaneously & if it's not possible, stick with what's yours, the government job
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by favourite787899: 5:12pm On Jun 01, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
cool both..The Ministry of No Work.U just go to work at 1.20pm and cls @3.00pm afta idling about/collect bribe here N there..

Funny you
Na everybody dey collect bribe ni?

1 Like

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by TheMainMan: 5:12pm On Jun 01, 2019
take both
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by efembaba(m): 5:13pm On Jun 01, 2019
What's ur heart telling you?go with it no matter what whether security or not
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by OboOlora(f): 5:13pm On Jun 01, 2019
Ok
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by Gforce2019: 5:17pm On Jun 01, 2019
What about God factor?

" In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths".

My brother immediately I finished my NYSC , I was in dilemma btw oceanic bank and government work. I chose govt work . The rest his history

2 Likes

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by bamasite(m): 5:20pm On Jun 01, 2019
Take government job, get someone to manage the frieght business and supervise the manager......QED

IF YOU LOVE GOOD SOUND, YOU MUST LOVE THIS:
https://www.nairaland.com/5170014/best-bluetooth-speaker-everyone-talking

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mr Biggs Branch Manager: Duties, Hours, And Salary / Jobs Opportunities In Standard Chartered Bank For Fresh Graduates Nationwide / Save The Children Nigeria (NGO) Latest Job Recruitment (5 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.