Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company (10872 Views)

Sales Executive Needed In A Freight Forwarding/logistics Company / Government Ministry Of Education Recruitment / Federal Ministry Of Water Resources Port Harcourt Recruitment (Apply Now) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by mrpuzzle(m): 8:55pm On Jun 01, 2019
You can't actually compare the two, cos if your uncle set up the company the right way, in frieght forwarding/clearing only one regular client will make u money that government job can't give you in 10years....
Give your self time and learn the work well... And it will be the best easy decision u have ever taken in ur life....
I can tell you cos I have been in this your position!

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by chudi1: 9:24pm On Jun 01, 2019
Bros if i must advice you i wil first ask u to think; if you are some1 dat have desir inlife to do govt work or business

1 Like

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by crazycrypto710: 10:01pm On Jun 01, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
cool both..The Ministry of No Work.U just go to work at 1.20pm and cls @3.00pm afta idling about/collect bribe here N there..
hope for Nigeria grin
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by mechanics(m): 10:02pm On Jun 01, 2019
Business may not be stable always but ministry work is pensionable and constant, you can combine the two if you will stay in the same state where the company will be located.
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by cantiride2: 10:39pm On Jun 01, 2019
Have you learnt the business?
Does your uncle have contact with a big custom officer?
Are you going to source for clients that need your clearing and forwarding services or does your uncle currently have clients to render your clearing and forwarding services?
How geniue is this your uncle because I dont trust uncles and Aunties especially those abroad anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by joyousever(f): 12:02am On Jun 02, 2019
So what's really ur point? Are u attacking my suggestion or undermining it? I gave a befitting suggestion based on my line of thought on the OP's post which I'm duly entitled to as a member of this forum. Therefore, if u've got any contrary opinion, then u should channel it to the OP & not my post!
Ferdinandu:

Job security, job security on less than 60k per month at the moment, probably no hope of up to 100%increase in the next 15yrs.Too much fear of the unknown is the reason why so many people are poor for life. Why won't he take the job learn on the job and plan towards establishing his own company.
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by amaben2020(m): 7:08am On Jun 02, 2019
If y wanna Excel in life, better go with the ministry job, I'm presently an administrative officer 09 in one of the ministries, I'm also running my masters degree programme, I go about to do my runs and it doesn't affect my job whatsoever. I've seen gatemen above 60yrs and this makes me put the future first, I resigned a job of 250k in Lagos for this one cos of the future, your orientation maybe different but I'm a futuristic person

1 Like

Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by lonikit: 9:30am On Jun 02, 2019
thanks to everyone for your advice. I'm grateful
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by obagangan: 6:11pm On Jun 02, 2019
choose the ministry qwork asap
Re: Government Ministry Vs Managing A Freight Company by lonikit: 6:26pm On Jun 02, 2019
obagangan:
choose the ministry qwork asap
thanks sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mainstreet Bank Sacks Over 650 Staff / How Do Freelancers Pay Tax? / Peugeot Automobile Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (4 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.