Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? (22757 Views)

Student Caught With 'Expo' In Glass Case In Exam Hall / Bishop Oyedepo Removes Tuition For Agricultural Sciences In Landmark University / Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by ajayiopy: 2:32pm On Jun 02, 2019
Jerryfrush1:
He should inform his mum nd probably let his sis nd mum accompany him to go see the VC/Senate/any top officials in d sch nd let Dem make an appeal for them to grant him an extra year to repeat his accademic session.
Expulsion is way too hard o,Dem jus wan kee d poor boy.
I certainly believe u all can fight this nd get good results.
Tho i ought to b in my finals now but was suspended for a session cos I was caught with an extra material while writing exam last year.
I did inform my mum nd my big bro,
Pls his mum ought to b aware.
IF HE DID NOT COMIIT THE OFF3NCE,HE SUD APPEAL BUT I WILL NOT SUGGEST TO HIRE A LAWYER N IF NOTHING GOOD COME OUT OF IT JUST MOVE ON.SUCIDE IS NOT AN OPTION,GET ANOTHER JAMB ,STUDY A BETTER COURSE AND YOU MIGHT LIKELY COME OUT WITH FIRST CLASS.
NOTHING ON EARTH IS WHAT DIEING FOR.MY WIFE HAD SIMILAR EXPERINCE IN UNIJOS,LECTURER FRUSTRATED HER because SHE REFUSED TO GIVE HIM PONMO,THEY ALL TEAMED UP AGAINST AND SHE GRADUATED WITH 3RD CLASS ,TODAY SHE EARNS 1.2M PER MONTH WITH IOM IN BORNO
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Reference(m): 2:33pm On Jun 02, 2019
How I wish Nigeria was run like this. By strict rules that bend for no one to establish values we can all identify with and agree to. This country will be transformed in no time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by francescainnoce(f): 2:33pm On Jun 02, 2019
TheTourist:

Lol if only you know the level disparity between you and the OP you'll learn to use the keypads on your device more wisely. smiley

Thanks dear but can we not give in too much details please. I’d like to respect their opinion. Thanks so much

3 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by crafteck(m): 2:33pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:

Thanks for your opinion.

Matured
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by fcisca: 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2019
Unfortunately no university jokes with issues of examination malpractice. Ask your friend to enroll for UTME next year. Or if the family can afford it, let him go abroad.
Wishing him all the best.
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by diehard1: 2:40pm On Jun 02, 2019
He came in the the exam Hall with iPod that had study materials. It's just like coming into exam Hall with study materials copied on paper but then telling authorities that you had it on you but didn't use it. In this case he came in with electronic copy. He is guilty as charged. He should find a way to bargain for a lesser punishment which may be difficult in current situation as he has already been expelled. A lawyer may not do much as these institutions have rules and regulations.
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Lamasta(m): 2:44pm On Jun 02, 2019
Shay una no dey read exam pass to know the rules and regulations governing exam you are writing or what
The expulsion is too severe though but it doesn't negate the fact that the student is foolish for bringing gadget into the exam hall that in itself is an offense
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by ccollins(m): 2:50pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:
Landmark expelled my friend this just concluded semester for taking a device (iPod) into the exam hall. He didn’t cheat with the device and He assured them to double check with his script.
They called him for a defence panel and the verdict has been dispatched- EXPELLED.
What can he do please.
Anyone with similar experience(s). Please useful information will be very much appreciated.
Is it possible to revoke this verdict? Can it be appealed and what is the chance that he will win: is there anyone he could speak to or something. We don’t mind punishment for taking the device into the exam hall but expelling is a capital punishment and He didn’t even cheat with the device.
Please help save a young man from sliding into possible tension and depression!

@Mod please could you move this to the front page. I beg you please. We need help.
@lalastica please kindly move this to the front page.
seek redress in court of law. he can air his misgivings and ask for judicial adjudication of his grievances
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by olewe1999(m): 2:54pm On Jun 02, 2019
So sorry bro, I know what your dear friend is passing through right now..
My younger sister had a similar issue while in 300l in the same landmark.. But God used me and few persons to defy the odds now she's in her finals..
Call me or message via sms on this no 07087304380 I can help your friend..
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by XavierD(f): 2:57pm On Jun 02, 2019
Appeal to the school authorities and pray...

Don't try to lobby about it, Living Faith hates lobbying

Next time, obey examination rules, whether JAMB, WAEC or internal exams.

I feel sorry for your friend.

And pray the mercy of God upon his case.

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by francescainnoce(f): 2:58pm On Jun 02, 2019
olewe1999:
So sorry bro, I know what your dear friend is passing through right now..
My younger sister had a similar issue while in 300l in the same landmark.. But God used me and few persons to defy the odds now she's in her finals..
Call me or message via sms on this no 07087304380 I can help your friend..
Thanks
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:

Thanks for your opinion.

Such a mature and gentle response.

I hope your friend finds a way through this storm. But whilst you all are trying to help out with this case, I would advise you also start drawing up a Plan B.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Afamed: 2:59pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:

Thanks for this cogent input. It really helps build up hope. If you don’t mind me asking, was your experience at the same uni? When did you appeal? Immediately or? And how long did it take?
He is supposed to be in 300L in September. I think we shall tell the mum when we get the official letter of expulsion. And pray for God’s forgiveness and favour. Thanks dear
Don't wait for official letter. Take the courage to inform the dad first. It's damn urgent, inform the dad first if not, you might also end up being tagged a bad friend
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Godwin5766(m): 3:00pm On Jun 02, 2019
Masterrhymes:
He should submit the device to the school for cross checking then appeal to repeat a year
D same tin happened to me wen i was in 100 l
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Judeosho(m): 3:04pm On Jun 02, 2019
No disrespect your friend should look for another sch, he cant win, he can only appeal for the case to be revisited and he might go on a 1 year suspension thats if they wanna pity him..the rule is do not go into the exam hall with any electronic material, except it's a calculator for calculation courses....for going into the exam hall he has broken the rule already
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Godwin5766(m): 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2019
Afamed:

Don't wait for official letter. Take the courage to inform the dad first. It's damn urgent, inform the dad first if not, you might also end up being tagged a bad friend
D sametin hapened to me in 100 l, a frnd adviced me nt to inform my parents...i later blamed myself 4 listenin to him

2 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by olewe1999(m): 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2019
He should also keep the letter safe, the panel would need it while reviewing his case..

1 Like

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2019
Convince me that he didn't cheat or have intent to cheat with the device
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Judeosho(m): 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2019
oluwaseyi000:
Convince me that he didn't cheat or have intent to cheat with the device
Sometimes its carelessness...
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by DeGovernor001: 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2019
Your dear friend wrote WAEC, wrote JAMB and other subsequent exam is he trying to tell us that he is not aware of a standard rules of not taking a device to an examination hall , even phone if you must take you phone to examination all you are expected to switch it off or point it in silent or totally avoid bringing them in to the hall. otherwise is he telling us people have being writing exam for him that is why he is not aware

1 Like

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by sowilli: 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:
Very correct and you hit the nail right on the head.
He explained the scenario that led to that incident. The iPod is the device he use for revision nd had used that the night before the exam. So there were materials on the device but these were for revision purposes and he had not intended to use it. INFACT, he emphatically asked that they check his answer script with the material found on the device - his argument is that he didn’t use the material.
But the uni expelled him based on the material.
He can’t inform his mom; for fear of high blood pressure and tension. But his guardian ( elder sister) is very much in talks with the lawyer as it stands. The hope is that the appeal would yield a positive outcome. We don’t mind punishment but expelling after how many millions - now that is truly hard.

you are talking like the adults are chidren. You used andevice for revision, then you claim you didn’t plan to use it by bringing to an exam.... �‍♀️
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by femi4: 3:26pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:

I totally agree wit you dear. It was outrightly silly and uncalled for - very much avoidable. But the deed has bin done and I’d like to consider this a reflex action. He was running late to the exam and with the rush and all, he fell into this forgetfulness. Not checking properly what he had on him.
Thanks for the smack though!
ipod is not a pin that can be mistakenly found on you. If the penalty of coming into the exam hall with foreign materials is expulsion ...I m afraid, there is nothing your lawyer can do
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by femi4: 3:28pm On Jun 02, 2019
Judeosho:

Sometimes its carelessness...
Carelessness, Ignorance et al are not tenable as an excuse

1 Like

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Judeosho(m): 3:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
femi4:
Carelessness, Ignorance et al are not tenable as an excuse

Its not an excuse obvsly....he messed up...after all the millions paid..nawa o
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Bilsz(m): 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2019
tolanibae:
First of, OP is the one that got expelled, op is just lying that it was a friend just the way op is lying that he/she didn’t intentionally cheat.

I have heard this lie too many times, you brought a material to the exam hall but claimed you were using it for revision the other night. Big fat lie. Were u even allowed to use those devices at landmark in the first place?

it should have occured to you that the thought of it being the OP coming out indirectly is conspicuously typical yet could also be a flaw.

pointing that out wasn't necessary as it seem Yoh did that to implicitly show yoh a smart wit.

these days, I see alot of people using same line to dipict same segaciouness. but its never really necessary
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by jimcaddy(m): 4:12pm On Jun 02, 2019
If the punishment for carrying such device into the examination hall is Expulsion as stated in the School's Handbook, then so be it. The expulsion can not be challenged. Unless the punishment states otherwise. Then also if there are incriminating photos or videos in that device that warrants expulsion, then no case..
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by dheilaw1(m): 4:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
He should Goan obtain another jamb and stop taking weed, so he won't be expelled again from another University
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by drslimtommy: 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2019
tolanibae:
First of, OP is the one that got expelled, op is just lying that it was a friend just the way op is lying that he/she didn’t intentionally cheat.

I have heard this lie too many times, you brought a material to the exam hall but claimed you were using it for revision the other night. Big fat lie. Were u even allowed to use those devices at landmark in the first place?

Even using SIM card is not allwed....

Advanced sec. sch as that. cheesy
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Afamed: 4:48pm On Jun 02, 2019
jimcaddy:
If the punishment for carrying such device into the examination hall is Expulsion as stated in the School's Handbook, then so be it. The expulsion can not be challenged. Unless the punishment states otherwise. Then also if there are incriminating photos or videos in that device that warrants expulsion, then no case..
The kids of these days could be funny and sometimes come with million of excuses. I vividly remember during my university days (2002) . The instructions were clearly stated in the booklet. You plan not to come inside the exam hall with any foreign material
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Sexting(m): 5:00pm On Jun 02, 2019
Lol I think the rule of the University in cases like this is very clear. Possession of Materials relevant to the examination Is how it is captured in the by laws. No one cares if you used it or not as far as you had it on you, that's possession. and the penalty is Expulsion clear no stories

You should inform the parents Asap, forget about lawyers, let the parents appeal and meet with key management staff, but knowing the academic system of LFC pretty well, the best your friend can get after appealing is a Mitigation of the case from Expulsion to Advised to withdraw, after which he can transfer to another university and continue 200level.

1 Like

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by MorufuAtanda: 5:00pm On Jun 02, 2019
He doesn't need to have any implicating materials on the IPod. All he needed was to adhere to simple school rules which says 'DO NOT BRING IN ANY FORM OF DEVICE INTO THE EXAM HALL.

In all my years of experience, in terms of obedience goats are better than human being, I once helped my professor invigilate a class, It was reiterated severally that no device must enter the exam hall for whatever reason, even when students were seated, they gave everyone a second chance to submit their devices, but some stubborn students among them (who sicken me to my stomach) still keep their devices with them until they were searched and caught.

Now how do you begin to sympathize with such cantankerous fellows? Of course, they were expelled, and rightly so.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unizik Releases 2014/2015 2nd Batch Admission List / ASUU May Join NLC Strike / Oyin Odukudu Graduate With First Class From A UK University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.