Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Google Has A Dark Side? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Has A Dark Side? (4147 Views)

Services And Applications Google Has Shutdown In 2019 / How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space / Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Has A Dark Side? by flames007(m): 5:11pm On Jun 01, 2019
Google has a dark side – and it continues to log your location history even after you tell it to stop! And a closer look at how Google seems to always know where you are, reveals a bit of a dark side. Google has been found to continue recording your “location history” – even after you tell it to stop. Apparently,when you turn off your location history, certain services from Google will continue logging your location. Google is far from the only company to implement “Dark Patterns” in its UX design (dark patterns are little tricks in the way that user interface is designed to confuse users into doing things they wouldn’t normally do, like make a purchase or give away private information) , but with recent heightened awareness over user data security, consumer trust has become increasingly intertwined with company transparency. Google does vaguely mention continued location tracking after turning off your Location History. This information can be found by clicking on the “Learn More” link when you go to “turn off” your location history, but it conveniently fails to mention where you can go to really turn off location tracking – for ALL location services. It is possible to turn off continued location tracking by Google Location Services in your Web & App Activity setting (shown below), though information about where and how to do this from Google itself seems to be somewhat lacking in transparency.

4 Likes

Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by oglalasioux(m): 5:13pm On Jun 01, 2019
Why are you scared of Google knowing your location? Are you committing a crime?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by flames007(m): 5:28pm On Jun 01, 2019
oglalasioux:
Why are you scared of Google knowing your location? Are you committing a crime?
even when I turn off location services? That's a breach on my privacy.

32 Likes

Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by oglalasioux(m): 6:12pm On Jun 01, 2019
flames007:
even when I turn off location services? That's a breach on my privacy.

Are you giving or receiving a Mouth Gig?

1 Like

Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by Babalegba(m): 7:37pm On Jun 01, 2019
oglalasioux:

Probably a Russian spy grin

1 Like

Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 01, 2019
Its crazy!
People don't know google is far worse than Facebook

3 Likes

Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by flames007(m): 8:34pm On Jun 01, 2019
oglalasioux:

grin sometimes.body no be firewood na!

2 Likes

Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by ken6488(m): 9:04pm On Jun 01, 2019
grin We nor get privacy na both facebook dey
Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by falcon01: 10:00pm On Jun 01, 2019
if u dey use smartphone forget privacy!

14 Likes

Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by psychologist(m): 11:12pm On Jun 01, 2019
If you are having privacy issues, use more of Duckduckgo.com instead of google

1 Like

Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by Gentlewarrior1(m): 5:16am On Jun 02, 2019
Technology is scary

If you want to be safe and live a truly private life you have to be technologically backward.

Many billionaires and tech wealthy giants use old outdated phones. U see all this new gadgets are a big risk

All this fingerprint and face id phones. I suspect this people are pilling up data about indiviaduals. I also have this feeling that provided you use a smartphone there is the likelihood that your front camera has captured your face and stored it in a secret database online. Together with many info about your.

Well we no get choice than to accept am. After all we are as good as sheeps in this world. We barely know things going on around us

8 Likes

Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by michlins(m): 7:01am On Jun 02, 2019
You are worried Google is tracking you? Better leave the internet. Google knows about all your internet purchases even with incognito mode on

4 Likes

Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by ednut1(m): 7:23am On Jun 02, 2019
I once slept at work. Next day google knew i did not pass my usual route to work thru google maps. Fear catch me o

2 Likes

Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by Onyenna(m): 7:28am On Jun 02, 2019
I've always known about this.... Almost all apps on phones have their dark sides.....

1 Like

Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by cassidy1996(m): 7:33am On Jun 02, 2019
if you want a private life, stay away from the internet, smart phone and infact break your sim

it's already late now, they have all the information they need about you, if you like delete history, turn off your location , deactivate whatever account you have.... just fu..ck with them they will show you everything

1 Like

Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 02, 2019
The poster above me though
Quality India cloth are available in Lagos(Ikotun)
Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 02, 2019
What will Google do with your privacy self?

1 Like

Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by Billy0naire(m): 8:23am On Jun 02, 2019
There is no dark side, but your digital footprint are stored on the cloud server. If you are on Facebook, google plus or your pictures are on cloud storage apps like microsoft photos etc, and you at anytime typed your name, alongside your pictures, like profiles on Instagram, facebook, LinkedIn etc, note that the facial recognition technology knows your face more than you do and will match your name to all your pictures online and produce a photo-album for you, which is matched to all activities and your location during said activities.

It is out of your hands if to approve of this or not, it is the direction of the new world, the new humanity. Google, facebook, microsoft etc are just instruments in the hands of the Engineers of the Universe.

If you want to be 'unknown' by AI, or you do not want to leave your digital foot-print, what you need is a phone without a camera and obviously the older nokia phones are the best. I use many of those and my smart phone is simply for whatsapp and telegram with the camera blocked.

Funny thing is even your voice is already recognized by the voice recognition technology that comes preloaded with Android (google), I know this cos the AI knows my voice, and knows yours too as long as you have made calls with Whatsapp, or even make calls with an Android phone or even an iPhone.

One thing you must know is. There is always a Database, a Server and Cloud storage, and they have unlimited storage and capacity.

Our data is more expensive than Crude Oil. If you know the real worth of data, you will chase the politicians out and provide 247 electricity in Nigeria so we can move to AI, cloud storage and technology based sciences that will produce the next trillionaires.

If you are into crime that involves internet, my advise is, begin to find alternative. Even Tor will not help. Except you are ready to live without using smart devices.

Advise: Do not register emails with your name, use names like : '''Think.Aloud@email.com////

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by flames007(m): 8:34am On Jun 02, 2019
ednut1:
I once slept at work. Next day google knew i did not pass my usual route to work thru google maps. Fear catch me o
OMG
Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by flames007(m): 8:36am On Jun 02, 2019
modestbrowser:
What will Google do with your privacy self?
Haa....a lot.having an enormous database is power.They can always use it to their advantage in more ways than I can start to mention.
Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by Theaimischips: 8:46am On Jun 02, 2019
Hmm
Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by willyo(m): 10:13am On Jun 02, 2019
Nawa o. Wetin I Kno sef... Xvideos is bae
Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by Holla911(m): 10:16am On Jun 02, 2019
What people don’t know is, tech giants are gathering human data for cloning. The world will soon be fully dominated by robotics and human can totally be controlled and easily replace with a clone without people having a clue.
Next step will be chip implanting into human which will enable them have total control over you just like a remote controls a tv.
Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by ken6488(m): 10:17am On Jun 02, 2019
willyo:
Nawa o. Wetin I Kno sef... Xvideos is bae
Olosho...

But Las Las my nigga grin

1 Like

Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by willyo(m): 10:18am On Jun 02, 2019
ken6488:
Olosho...

But Las Las my nigga grin

grin grin grin
Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by ken6488(m): 10:21am On Jun 02, 2019
Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by lanre316: 10:37am On Jun 02, 2019
And yet Trump is attacking Huawei over things like this. Hypocritical America
Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by Drimz2laif: 10:57am On Jun 02, 2019
The new and easy way of gifting; Gift Registry – is no news to the ears.

But do you know people actually don’t know what it means nor why the new gifting system should be adopted at their wedding ceremonies, events and so on?create a gift or wedding registry now

Let’s Roll! You will be wowed. We all know that planning a wedding can be tough, considering the fact that you have to put a lot of things together. It is called logistics, while some call it planning.

This always reminds me of Uncle Bayo’s wedding, which was successful considering the smooth organization of the programs, the number of well-wishers and most importantly the presentation of gifts from family members, colleagues, and friends.

Despite the fact that most of his friends were out of the country and some didn’t show up due to some reasons, they were still able to get their gifts across… Do you know how they were able to do that? Cheers! He created an Online Gift Registry for them.

With this, his friends and well-wishers were able to purchase the gift items directly from the Gift Registry he had created on www.drimz2laif.com, where a number of items he would love to be gifted have been selected, and then shared the link to his friends so they can make the purchase.

Awesome Right?

Payment and Delivery of the gifts were easy as payment for the items was done online, while the couple gets a notification when any of the items in their Gift registry has been paid for. The delivery process is also handled by the online store after a Scheduled Delivery Time and Place has been agreed on.

So Easy, or what do you Think? So…

Click on www.drimz2laif.com/gift-registry-home/ to create a gift registry

Basically, Gift Registry allows couples to select gifts they would like to receive for their wedding from the comfort of their couch. If you’re considering using an online gift registry for your wedding, here are some of the benefits.

Relevant Wedding gift items: Weddings generally come with lots of gifts either cash or gifts proper. However, the challenge with giving the couple gifts is that 10 other people might be giving the same gift or the quality of the item might not be the standard of the couple, therefore, causing so many unwanted items lying fallow in the home. But with a Gift Registry, you are putting up items you truly need and the best part about gift registry is no matter the cost of an item there is Group Buying. Which gives the couple the item they truly need and quality they desire.

Logistics: Most times people bring gifts to the wedding and it can be very worrisome to get the items from one place to another, in the process some items get missing or damaged. However, with a gift registry logistics is easy all items are delivered to the couple on an agreed date.
People who can’t make your wedding: The gift registry provides an opportunity for people to be part of your BIG DAY, especially for weddings outside your town of residence or for friends who reside outside Nigeria. It gives them an opportunity to buy a gift for you as a way of making it up to you.

Easy to acknowledge: This is a very big issue with wedding gifts. most times people drop the gifts items without any form of identity and you know the typical Nigerian once they don’t know who gave them the gifts they won’t use it and therefore it is not noted on the Thank-you List.

The Nigerian Factor: Most times people are wary about collecting gifts because of the myth associated with the collection of gifts. However, the gifts registry puts an end to it as the guests buy the items without touching it.
So Easy, Right? You See
Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by francodine(m): 11:22am On Jun 02, 2019
Flames007 .... you do well for this post .... I have for a long time suspected this to be so. Cos most time I turn off my location, it still one way or the other leaks..

This is one thing Apple would never do. Our files and private lives is leaked to Google nd the other non transparent websites ...

I say this for fear of being hacked one day ...���
Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by francodine(m): 11:24am On Jun 02, 2019
You just spoke my mind bro
Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by tolugar: 11:58am On Jun 02, 2019
That’s why I use tor browser full time.

My location is dynamic. Fluctuates like MTN network
Re: Google Has A Dark Side? by ken6488(m): 12:48pm On Jun 02, 2019
use vpn...........

encrypt your information before uploading.................

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Me Choose Between Samsung A50 Vs Nokia 7.2 / Tecno M3 Is Operating Itself / NCC Assures Nigerians Of 70% Broadband Penetration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.