Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

“you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape (54020 Views)

South African Woman Murdered By Boyfriend Who Accused Her Of Cheating / Man Arrested In Imo For Killing A Man Who Accused Him Of Sleeping With A Woman / Man Tackles A Lady Who Accused Him Of Trying To Touch Her Right Breast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by banio: 6:51am On Jun 02, 2019
kennygee:
This is sad.

Just cause they were friends with benefits doesn't mean that a rape cannot occur.

A rape kit would have helped her case if a rape really happened.

But rape kits even dey naija?

Even a husband sometimes bangs and injures his wife private part. That means rape kit will find the husband guilty of rape.
Women

2 Likes

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by kunlebco(m): 7:10am On Jun 02, 2019
kennygee:
This is sad.

Just cause they were friends with benefits doesn't mean that a rape cannot occur.

Una don start. They still had sex severally after the alleged rape o. The complainant is juz bitter or jealous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by omicron(m): 7:14am On Jun 02, 2019
It's very difficult to prove rape in court. Medically, it's almost impossible to see any evidence of sexual assault one month after. If one is raped, they should visit a sexual health clinic immediately so that a medical doctor can document evidence of any sexual assault; they should not take their baths and should wear clothes worn before or during the rape before seeing the doctor.

Taking one's bath, changing clothes and delaying up to 24hours will make it highly difficult to prove rape in a court later on. It is not enough to allege rape as 99% of the time consent for sex is implied rather than expressed. The fact that sex happened does not mean it's rape, except of course in cases of statutory rapes (sex with minors).

3 Likes

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 02, 2019
studentofTruth:

No my dear. Medical examination around the time of the incidence can establish if there's a struggle. Assuming she reported in time and was medically examined, if there's a tear in any of the gracilis muscles, that would be an evidence of struggle/forceful penetration. That's what the judge was referring to.

But a tear in the muscles happens even in consensual sex! Some guys are big enough, and some couples consensually enjoy ROUGH sex! These things are neither here nor there.

This presupposition of a struggle or 'tear' is what makes everything ridiculous in these kinds of situations. More often than not, there would be no real struggle let alone a tear. We're talking about people who already have a sexual or romantic connection. It's simply a matter of will. The lady says she didn't consent but they guy forced his way (after which, as is often the case, she would capitulate and participate in the event). Often, no tear would happen.

You see why it's impossible to pay much attention to these kinds of padi padi accusations. It's grossly unfair to tarnish a man's reputation let alone imprison him on the basis of this kind of allegation that is impossible to prove beyond reasonable doubt without audio-visual evidence.

Rape is always easier to prove when it is blatantly violent, especially when no previous romantic relationship exists between the two (gangrape by armed robbers, intruders, cultists, etc.). In this case, of course tears and other markers of violent, 'unauthorised' penetration would be evident.

1 Like

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by wyzoe: 7:30am On Jun 02, 2019
kennygee:
This is sad.

Rape is notoriously difficult to prove. A tape kit cannot indicate rape, it might only indicate that copulation took place.
To prove rape, it's not enough to prove sexual acts, you must prove lack of consent.

That is the difficulty.

2 Likes

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Frankiss44(m): 7:33am On Jun 02, 2019
Ikem11:

Yes he is right... There should be a judgment or penalty for false accusation of rape... Any woman that falsely accused someone of rape is capable of murder

Well maybe I didn't get her well.. I though she was saying since rape is difficult to prove, any case of false accusation should be taken for a true one and the accused punished

Going thru what he posted again, I still believe that was what he meant... All rape cases should be won by the girl even if she can't prove it
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Tallesty1(m): 7:43am On Jun 02, 2019
bukatyne:

The conversation is unnatural.

After rape, a lady asks what if she gets pregnant and the guy prescribes a DIY contraceptive?
And they continued having sex after. Several uncountable rounds according to the man

2 Likes

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by TemmyT002(m): 7:48am On Jun 02, 2019
Nawa o
Na still one of the negative consequences of fornication sha.
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by ashala(m): 8:32am On Jun 02, 2019
kennygee:
This is sad.

Tah, no be only rape kit

1 Like

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by reaganobinna: 8:49am On Jun 02, 2019
kudos to the judge.
[i]He nailed it[/i]. This will serve as a lesson to those girls that always want to take an advantage of every issue that arise between them and their man.
The truth is that both of the once had good times, then why allow little issues to escalate to the point of you taking it to the public. the sad truth is that there is no good relationship without its hard times.
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by sapientia(m): 8:52am On Jun 02, 2019
UceeGod:
The world is moving to a point where rape allegations will be ignored. With increase in real rape cases, I see a world where real rapist will start going scot-free. That's exactly what the devil wants.

Leave the devil out of this.

There was no medical evidence just hearsay of 2 people.

That's why human rights activists always advise that victims of rape be taken first to hospital before police station.

It will not only help the case of real victims but also save victims of false allegations.

1 Like

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by harmbhrosz(m): 10:19am On Jun 02, 2019
AbooNasir:
orishirishi....afi Rape na! he raped yet u asking if u get prega nko? he raped u while u are 27,u charge him to court while u are now 30,hanty come forward don't be shy kneel let's pray for u cuz u are mad internationally and u don't have anyone to tell u.....nice one Judge na man u be!
The judge is a woman actually
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Ikem11(m): 10:32am On Jun 02, 2019
Frankiss44:

Well maybe I didn't get her well.. I though she was saying since rape is difficult to prove, any case of false accusation should be taken for a true one and the accused punished

Going thru what he posted again, I still believe that was what he meant... All rape cases should be won by the girl even if she can't prove it

I doubt that's what he meant.... What I quote is what he is trying to say
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 02, 2019
Roman7:

Na every post una go dey write feminist, everybody has different view about feminism. Just cuz someone aired her view about a particular subject matter she is now a feminist.
No vex for me na, haba !
person no dey follow you play again?
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Foreign231(m): 12:31pm On Jun 02, 2019
Crazy Talks
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by RexTramadol1: 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2019
demo4ril97:
Even a judge understands "Law of Friends With Benefits"

Discharged and acquainted

Acquainted ke ?

Small small na

It is Acquitted!
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Ednut90: 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2019
bukatyne:

That's why I think false rape allegations should carry same penalty as rape itself.

Else, real rape victims would never get justice.
really? so the innocent guy should be punished for a sin he did not commit? U shd do better dear
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Ednut90: 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2019
cococandy:
So women shouldn’t be friends with men or have sex with men anymore?

That’s a position for rape.

So people should just suck it up when someone they normally have sex with decides to rape them?

I don’t know how some of you think honestly.
As long as u can prove ur case, its fine wt me.....We can't just say because d lady accused him of rape,we then believe her.....its not done that way
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Fourwinds: 3:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
Iyajelili:
Don't know what to say really
just say the guy has eaten the snail
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Fourwinds: 3:43pm On Jun 02, 2019
Tallesty1:
And they continued having sex after. Several uncountable rounds according to the man
grin grin grin
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Fourwinds: 3:47pm On Jun 02, 2019
kennygee:
This is sad.

meeennn that guy just chop the snail just like that.... Girls should be careful
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Fourwinds: 3:52pm On Jun 02, 2019
bukatyne:

The conversation is unnatural.

After rape, a lady asks what if she gets pregnant and the guy prescribes a DIY contraceptive?
you get wisdom. No sentiments
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Fourwinds: 4:02pm On Jun 02, 2019
Joystark:
Erm.. Salt and Potash?
yes oooooo.... You don learn new one be dat
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Fourwinds: 4:08pm On Jun 02, 2019
Beaubussy:
wetin sex go cause in this life ehn. 5 minutes enjoymen!
no be everybody dey do am for five minutes some na thirty or even forty-five minutes dem go still dey pound the snail
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by bukatyne(f): 6:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
Fourwinds:
you get wisdom. No sentiments

Thank you
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by bukatyne(f): 6:30pm On Jun 02, 2019
Ednut90:

really? so the innocent guy should be punished for a sin he did not commit? U shd do better dear

Women who falsely accuse men of rape should serve same term as men who commit rape.
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by bukatyne(f): 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2019
Tallesty1:

Hmmm.

She wanted to get more evidence for the rape case.
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by CorperKola: 10:32pm On Jun 02, 2019
cococandy:
So women shouldn’t be friends with men or have sex with men anymore?

That’s a position for rape.

So people should just suck it up when someone they normally have sex with decides to rape them?

I don’t know how some of you think honestly.
U're misunderstanding my point. Thing is its difficult to prove or even believe. Like in this case, the person will just say you were jealous because of another girl hes with also.
Thats the defence which i have seen a thousand times and theres a reason...it works!
Why do you think there is no offence like marital rape in law?
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by CorperKola: 10:37pm On Jun 02, 2019
Other people have articulated my point more succinctly on this page. Kindly read the comments. Thank you
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Eroms4life17(m): 6:23am On Jun 03, 2019
What happened was that this guy one way or the other found a way to the lady's bed maybe through constant communication after all they work in the same place. Along the line the lady fell in love with him but soon realized that he didn't feel same because he never promised anything. She felt cheated because he has hammered her very well and don't really see herself following another man. Out of jealousy, she cooked up a case to rope the guy in but thank God the judge saw through it. How did it know? EXPERIENCE!
Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Roman7(m): 8:45am On Jun 03, 2019
Luciius:

No vex for me na, haba !
person no dey follow you play again?

Lol.....my guy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Bus Drivers Spotted Fighting On The Streets Of London(Pics) / Why We Allowed Chidinma Ojukwu Compete In Beauty Pageant - NCoS / Man From Edo Accused Of Impregnating A Goat, Forced To Have Sex With The Goat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.