Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,085 members, 7,811,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

“you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape (53989 Views)

South African Woman Murdered By Boyfriend Who Accused Her Of Cheating / Man Arrested In Imo For Killing A Man Who Accused Him Of Sleeping With A Woman / Man Tackles A Lady Who Accused Him Of Trying To Touch Her Right Breast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

“you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by ijustdey: 6:04pm On Jun 01, 2019
A 26-year-old teacher, Akorede Quadri, was on Thursday discharged and acquitted of a rape charge by an Ikeja Sexual Offences and Domestic Violence Court.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that in her judgement, Justice Abiola Soladoye discredited the claim by a female teacher, Damilola Odekunle, that she was raped by Quadri, her collegaue.

Soladoye upheld the claim of Quadri that they were “friends with benefits”.

The judge said,“ In instances where there were controversies as to whether consent was willingly given, medical evidence should be provided.”

She held that the prosecution did not prove its case beyond reasonable doubt, adding that it failed to provide to the court, medical evidence that the complainant was raped.

“The evidence of the defendant (Quadri) was given in a respectful and precise manner.

“He was coherent and quite articulate. His evidence established that there was a relationship between him and the complainant,” the judge said.

She said that the defendant established that there was regular sex intercourse between him and the complainant, even after she reported the controversial sex of September 2017 to the police.

“This is a case of a friendship that went sour as far as this court is concerned.

“With all due respect, after watching and observing the defendant and the complainant, I’m inclined to believe the version, as presented by the defendant.

“The complainant was very unbelievable,” she added.

The judge held that the complainant was like someone out to take a revenge on a lover.

“In the light of my findings in this case, I find you, Akorede Quadri, not guilty of the one-count charge, of the offence contained on the information dated July 23, 2018.

“I thereby discharge and acquit you accordingly. This is the judgment of this court,” Soladoye held.

Following the judgment, Mrs Fehinti Ogbemudia, Lagos State counsel, and Mr Kelechi Obi, Quadri’s counsel, thanked the court as Quadri, who appeared relieved, raised his hands, thanking God.

NAN reports that two witnesses – the complainant and Sgt. Yemi Amao, a policewoman – testified on behalf of the prosecution, while Quadri solely took the stand in his defence.

Amao, in her evidence, said that the complainant reported the rape allegedly committed in September 2017 to the police in November 2017.

She told the court that Quadri raped the complainant after he went to her apartment in Ikotun, Lagos, to pick up a bag he kept in her possession.

In her evidence, the complainant testified that Quadri and she were both working in a school in Lagos, adding that she had worked in the school for only two weeks when the alleged rape occurred.

The complainant, now 30-year-old, said she was 27 years old at the time of the alleged rape.

She said that Quadri who was 24 then, raped her when he came to collect a bag he kept in her possession.

“When he came to my house, he grabbed me and raped me. I said to him, “What if I get pregnant?” He asked if I had potash at home and I said, “Yes”, and he gave me potash, water and salt to drink.

“Quadri left my house, I was not happy. After some hours, I heard a knock on my door; it was him and his sister, who he brought to come to my house to charge her phone.

“I used the opportunity to ask questions about him from his sister. I didn’t get any cogent answers.

“When his sister’s phone was fully charged, they left. I want this court to grant me justice,” she said.

Quadri, who was arraigned on Jan. 10, on a count charge of rape, disputed the claims in his evidence.

“She told me she was a divorcee, she said she married her ex-husband as a virgin and he made her unhappy.

“I told her to forget him and move on with her life. We became friends with benefits.

“The sexual intercourse we had was not forced, it was consensual. She nagged after the intercourse that I ejaculated inside her.

“I asked if she had salt and potash in her house and she said, “Yes”. She added the salt and potash inside the water and drank it.

“This was in September 2017; I have had several rounds of sexual intercourse with her after that occasion. I can’t count the number of times we had sex,” he said.

According to Quadri, the relationship between them became sour due to the complainant’s jealousy resulting from his perceived relationships with other women.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/05/30/friends-benefits-judge-tells-woman-accused-colleague-rape/

17 Likes

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by SIRTee15: 6:31pm On Jun 01, 2019
Why should this even get to court...
It makes no sense at all...

100 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by fukushaki(m): 8:03pm On Jun 01, 2019
grin

7 Likes

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by demo4ril97(m): 9:07pm On Jun 01, 2019
Even a judge understands "Law of Friends With Benefits"

Discharged and acquainted

282 Likes 7 Shares

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by berbs: 9:08pm On Jun 01, 2019
Kwokirinkwo cheesy cheesy cheesy

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by aladura1: 9:08pm On Jun 01, 2019
What is d benefit?

5 Likes

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by ofurufu(m): 9:08pm On Jun 01, 2019
LOL. A judge knows "friend with benefits".

Must be a slay judge.

204 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Iyajelili(f): 9:08pm On Jun 01, 2019
Don't know what to say really

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 01, 2019
This is sad.

Just cause they were friends with benefits doesn't mean that a rape cannot occur.

A rape kit would have helped her case if a rape really happened.

But rape kits even dey naija?

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Enigmaticprof(m): 9:08pm On Jun 01, 2019
Our ladies have found a cheap way rather than postinor nowgrin

Friends with benefits is the best thing you can ever wish cool No nagging or love.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by nedubest(m): 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
e too long abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by XklusivGistBlog(m): 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
What shocked

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Benblaq(m): 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
Oboy naija don cast! See case

6 Likes

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by ReeLoaDead(m): 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
So potash, water and salt is a form of birth control?? grin

13 Likes

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Vizzim: 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
This isn't a surprise. I know a friend whose all his female friends are with benefits. To tell you the extent of the decay in this world.

26 Likes

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by vanida6: 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
Abeg i dey watch ball no disturb me

1 Like

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
Psychology @ play. She wanted to treat the guy f^ck ups...but clarity & wisdom assisted. Women can be so callous!

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by jydeskill1(m): 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
Judge wey sabi

22 Likes

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Badonasty(m): 9:10pm On Jun 01, 2019
ijustdey:

https://dailypost.ng/2019/05/30/friends-benefits-judge-tells-woman-accused-colleague-rape/

this case will teach all these babes lesson...you can't just accuse someone of rape anyhow like that

35 Likes

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Ezeego1(m): 9:10pm On Jun 01, 2019
Bitter ladies everywhere

46 Likes

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by dreamwords: 9:11pm On Jun 01, 2019
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by AbooNasir(m): 9:11pm On Jun 01, 2019
orishirishi....afi Rape na! he raped yet u asking if u get prega nko? he raped u while u are 27,u charge him to court while u are now 30,hanty come forward don't be shy kneel let's pray for u cuz u are mad internationally and u don't have anyone to tell u.....nice one Judge na man u be!

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by proeast(m): 9:11pm On Jun 01, 2019
Good for gold-digger!!

3 Likes

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 01, 2019

80% of rape case allegations are especially like this, ladies claiming victims when things don't go their way

Surviving R. Kelly comes to mind

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by brenister10: 9:11pm On Jun 01, 2019
Konji na bastard. Kudos to the Judge though for teaching the lady a good lesson. You can't have your cake and have it

14 Likes

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by UceeGod: 9:11pm On Jun 01, 2019
The world is moving to a point where rape allegations will be ignored. With increase in real rape cases, I see a world where real rapist will start going scot-free. That's exactly what the devil wants.

7 Likes

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by karashita: 9:13pm On Jun 01, 2019
SIRTee15:
Why should this even get to court...
It makes no sense at all...

Lol.I tire o.Nauseating narrative.

2 Likes

Re: “you Were Friends With Benefits” –judge Tells Lady Who Accused Colleague Of Rape by freemanbubble: 9:13pm On Jun 01, 2019
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cultists Kidnap And Gang-Rape 15-Year-Old Girl In Benue (Photo) / Oba Gbadebo Ogunsakin Stabbed To Death By Mentally Unstable Man In Ekiti / Teenage Fulani Herdsmen Attack Delta Man With Ak47,get Caught(pics,videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.