Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:11 AM

What Do Women Bring To The Table? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do Women Bring To The Table? (3463 Views)

What Do You Bring To The Table !! / As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". / Why Do Women Lose Interest In Sex After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Ugosample(m): 6:27am On Jun 05, 2019
genq:

I'm glad you mentioned our mothers - who truly were virtous and hard working women.
Can the same be said for your generation? A generation of baby mamas, nymphos, sluuts and lesbians.

if you are talking of today's women

then I'll tell you like I said before

That it depends on the ones you pick

I know so many young hard working ladies back in Nigeria

running catering, hair dressing and other crafts that brings cash

but a lot of young men I see in Nigeria would rather follow what you guys call "slay queen"

when you follow slay queen and then get slayed, you begin to cry...

Back in uni, there were virtuous ladies who were hard working and all, but we were looking for slay queen

The agaro hunters amongst us cheesy nailed those ladies and as we speak they are married with kids living happily

The society is corrupt and rotten

Open your eyes and look properly
you will see a virtuous lady and industrial one...

if your argument is that these days, there are MORE ladies who don't have much to offer, i would have agreed

but generalizing as ALL WOMEN is foolery

8 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by eyinjuege: 6:31am On Jun 05, 2019
Makschinchin:

My dear, blessings follow you.

@genq, don't know what to tell you sha, but I think you need to do a little research about a typical Nigerian family.. Honestly speaking, in most homes in this country today, women even bring more to the table than the men. Some women may not bring anything to the table, but there are lots out there that do even more than what is required of them, I know a lot of them. Like I said earlier, please do some research before coming here to say what you know nothing about..

You even sound like a misogynist undecided

I'm so happy to see you say many women contribute to their homes. This is something I notice in Nigeria a lot. Is it the bankers, drs, market women etc. The only downturn is that they don't pursue their careers aggressively like their male counterparts because of their children and homes, so at the end of the day the male collegues may end up doing better.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:26am On Jun 05, 2019
No please, I was not trying to look down on the amount of bride price, ok? My problem is that the men complain about it, they make so much fuss about bride price, they feel the women are not worth it. Yes, the bride price is significant, I only mentioned that some bride prices are so cheap, to clarify my views on why men should stop complaining, cuz it's not too much a sacrifice. Am not even bothered about name change, my point is, men should always remember that a woman had to let go her father's name, which is a big deal, to bear his name, show a little appreciation, simple.
Ugosample:

I see yoir point BUT I think there are two things that are a bit somehow in your post

1) Changing your surname is a social construct that you don't have to adhere to.....
How this Norman French culture permeated into mainstream global culture still baffles me...

many many cultures DO not mandate you to change surname
core Islamic culture, and Latin culture (Hispanic) are two amongst many
you choose to change your name, and the society has conditioned people to believe that is the norm

2) Bride price SIGNIFIES something
it's not about the amount, it's the SIGNIFICANCE of that act

Bride pricr originally connotes ownership (back in the day)
And it's not about the amount paid
no matter the amt paid, once value was paid, the "product" becomes your own

That is why I pay no bride price

And none of my girls will be paid brideprice

It's a culture that should be THROWN AWAY if truly you do not want men who believe strongly in what bride price connotes to see you as possessions.

Think about it...
Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by zed7: 9:37am On Jun 05, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
No please, I was not trying to look down on the amount of bride price, ok? My problem is that the men complain about it, they make so much fuss about bride price, they feel the women are not worth it. Yes, the bride price is significant, I only mentioned that some bride prices are so cheap, to clarify my views on why men should stop complaining, cuz it's not too much a sacrifice. Am not even bothered about name change, my point is, men should always remember that a woman had to let go her father's name, which is a big deal, to bear his name, show a little appreciation, simple.

Little appreciation for taking my name? Does taking my name add money to my bank account? I'll rather have a woman who impacts positively in my life who keeps her fathers name than a liability, a nag and one who takes away my peace but chooses to take my surname. Who surname epp? Marriage is more prestigious to women than to men, that's why they can't date a man for a long time without asking for marriage. They feel they need to be married to be complete. They probably are the ones who need to show appreciation.

4 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by ireneidiva(f): 10:11am On Jun 05, 2019
eyinjuege:

I'm so happy to see you say many women contribute to their homes. This is something I notice in Nigeria a lot. Is it the bankers, drs, market women etc. The only downturn is that they don't pursue their careers aggressively like their male counterparts because of their children and homes, so at the end of the day the male collegues may end up doing better.
This is not true. Most pursue relentlessly and rise to the top. Stop generalizing.
Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by LilMissFavvy(f): 11:21am On Jun 05, 2019
Yes, show a little appreciation and stop whining over the little token you spend. Can you impact positively on a woman who impacts positively in your life as well? Would your male ego not feel bruised if your wife is more successful than you? I wouldn't know. Marriage is prestigious to both men and women. The only reason a lady will wish for marriage earlier than her male folk, is Nature. Nature designed women giving them a time gap for natural procreation, tho artificial procreation processes has now made things easier. If not for this, a lot of gals would not be bothered much about marriage.
zed7:

Little appreciation for taking my name? Does taking my name add money to my bank account? I'll rather have a woman who impacts positively in my life who keeps her fathers name than a liability, a nag and one who takes away my peace but chooses to take my surname. Who surname epp? Marriage is more prestigious to women than to men, that's why they can't date a man for a long time without asking for marriage. They feel they need to be married to be complete. They probably are the ones who need to show appreciation.

1 Like

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by zed7: 6:27pm On Jun 05, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Yes, show a little appreciation and stop whining over the little token you spend. Can you impact positively on a woman who impacts positively in your life as well? Would your male ego not feel bruised if your wife is more successful than you? I wouldn't know. Marriage is prestigious to both men and women. The only reason a lady will wish for marriage earlier than her male folk, is Nature. Nature designed women giving them a time gap for natural procreation, tho artificial procreation processes has now made things easier. If not for this, a lot of gals would not be bothered much about marriage.
What token? Who is talking about spending? Men and women are now equal and should do things equally. Keep your name if you want. You are the one talking of appreciation? Why should I appreciate you changing your surname to mine? Of what value is that to me? I don't know the kind of men you hang around, personally I don't rate people in terms of financial success. As long as I put food on the table, put a roof over our heads and pay my kids school fees, my wife can use her billions to buy Ferraris and Louis Vuittons if she pleases. Only insecure people are moved by other peoples financial successes.

3 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:38pm On Jun 05, 2019
Hmm..... Are you trying to sound different, or are you indeed different? Whatever, I don't need an answer. But most men have demeaned women, complaining that they spend on bride price, etc, issues of spending is part of the main write up above. If you are in need of a lady who can impact you positively, then go search, be patient, and you will find.
zed7:

What token? Who is talking about spending? Men and women are now equal and should do things equally. Keep your name if you want. You are the one talking of appreciation? Why should I appreciate you changing your surname to mine? Of what value is that to me? I don't know the kind of men you hang around, personally I don't rate people in terms of financial success. As long as I put food on the table, put a roof over our heads and pay my kids school fees, my wife can use her billions to buy Ferraris and Louis Vuittons if she pleases. Only insecure people are moved by other peoples financial successes.

1 Like

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 05, 2019
breakerofchains:
Nothing.

So can you gtfoh...

My sisters above, whenever a man asks you that stupid question, tell him "nothing". He should go Bleep himself.

The last thing you want is for a male creature to put you in a corner where you feel the need to prove your worth.

We don't do that here.

I will be really surprised if you are not Safiaa's alternate moniker. Like absolutely surprised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by cococandy(f): 1:56am On Jun 06, 2019
People are even wasting their energy trying to explain to this doofus what women bring to the table. If you feel that they bring nothing, then settle down with a man or a goat. It’s not by force.

Nobody has to educate you in your willful ignorance, sexism and hate for women. Imagine using phrases such as “fickle lives”.

Dumbass.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:44am On Jun 06, 2019
LilMissFavvy:

men we moan about bride price as if its charged by women when in fact most african bride price are charged by the same men who moaned about it when he got married

he repeats the same cycle when his daughter is getting married

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:24am On Jun 06, 2019
Firstly, what do you want?

There are a whole lots of things that a woman can offer, only boils down to what you want! Relationships are too transactional these days!

That being said, this world is no longer a world of ladies sitting back and receiving all they need.

The desire to leave something worthwhile, a mark should consume every lady. This transcends just being successful.

This is no longer a period of walking around purposelessly or thinking the world revolves around you, your nails, body, shoes and clothes.

I want to see more ladies burn with the desire for knowledge and its application. Burn with the desire to make a change while making profits/progress.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Rilley(m): 7:44am On Jun 06, 2019
cococandy:
People are even wasting their energy trying to explain to this doofus what women bring to the table. If you feel that they bring nothing, then settle down with a man or a goat. It’s not by force.

Nobody has to educate you in your willful ignorance, sexism and hate for women. Imagine using phrases such as “fickle lives”.

Dumbass.
Shut the fvck up shapeless thing

3 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by bukatyne(f): 8:57am On Jun 06, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
Firstly, what do you want?

There are a whole lots of things that a woman can offer, only boils down to what you want! Relationships are too transactional these days!

That being said, this world is no longer a world of ladies sitting back and receiving all they need.

The desire to leave something worthwhile, a mark should consume every lady. This transcends just being successful.

This is no longer a period of walking around purposelessly or thinking the world revolves around you, your nails, body, shoes and clothes.

I want to see more ladies burn with the desire for knowledge and its application. Burn with the desire to make a change while making profits/progress .

Women are doing great things.

They just need to be consistent and marry the right man who won't derail them.

1 Like

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 06, 2019
cococandy:
[s]People are even wasting their energy trying to explain to this doofus what women bring to the table. If you feel that they bring nothing, then settle down with a man or a goat. It’s not by force.

Dumbass.[/s]
I thought you guys are feminist, so what do you have to offer apart from your Toto....?

Clowns. lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by nuelyoyo(m): 9:47am On Jun 06, 2019
Gaggi:
As for a wife:
1. she cares for you and your kids if any.
2. She helps you become a father, if you have kids.
3. She is a confidant and is there during good and bad times, she cries and laughs with you.
4. She ensures your money is not frittered away, at least for the sake of the future of the kids.
5. Lastly, takes care of your sexual needs.

As for a girlfriend.
1. She takes care of your sexual needs.
2. Refer to #1
3. Refer to #1
4. Refer to #1
sexual satisfaction is mutual, not exclusive.

2 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by duduade: 11:07am On Jun 06, 2019
zed7:

When you meet a good woman, you'll surely find a reason. However, its better to be single than be with a person that adds no value to your life. Some women just bring misery and drama.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 06, 2019
genq:
Depending on what age group you are in you may have noticed the decline in any traditional strengths millennial women can even offer these days. So not only have men lost all legal, reproductive and traditional benefits that used to be theirs, women have now lost what little aside from a v@gina they still could add to a man's life.

We men now cook, clean and have an nicely decorated and clean homes as single bachelors. I can iron my shirts better and quicker than any woman and can do any chores better for myself than anyone and generally do it better than most women I know.

Women I have met these days have careers and yet can often not cook themselves a single meal, when you marry them they carrry this same modern macho-feminist ideologies into the home. With their over-inflated self importance, they expect you to finance their lives throughout courtship.

If you are stupid enough to get married, you pay bride price only to end up paying for the roof over their heads, bills, school fees etc... Some women are so lazy that they require househelps to do the chores unlike their western counterparts who work and clean their homes by themselves.

I am not talking about making women house slaves here, but lets be real, what does a woman bring to the table that is greater than what men do for women all the days of their fickle lives. Why must we continue to take care of a grown entitled women? and please dont mention sex or kids because that is a mutual benefit (sometimes women even benefit more from kids than men do).

Increasingly, men are realising how we have absolutely no need or benefit of having a woman in our lives other than their overated and worn out v@ginas. We are the prize not them! Women need men and not vice versa.

#MGTOWmovement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvaYepQ7-1Y

women should bring absolutely nothing to the table. MGTOW are just bitter men who end up with mentally unstable women
Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by ayabadamilola: 5:42pm On Jun 06, 2019
shocked shocked In this 2019, somebody is still asking question for the gods? If you don't want to get married or have anything to do with women, stay on your own na. Shuu... What do women bring to the table?! O n bi mi o! Aburo Bobrisky undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 07, 2019
izaray:
What a stupid question, mtcheewww Kiddos everywhere!

How is he a kid?? He made a very valid point!! What do u women have to offer?? Just answer the damn question.
Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 07, 2019
zed7:

Thank u my brother for this very nice statement! Don't mind all this naija women. But I noticed from experience that women from the west(USA,Europe and Asia) are more reasonable than this bunch of naija women we have... When I was in the USA ,I was surprised to know that men and women split bills when on a date!!
Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:31am On Jun 07, 2019
zed7:

.. Thank you so much for this comment. This is what I keep telling men.Do your duty as a man and if she wants to buy the whole estates,and cars in the world,she's is free.After all, its our kids that are going to be the rightful owners when the time comes. Like I used to say,most of the things I do today is for the betterment of the future of our kids.
Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:39pm On Jun 07, 2019
Waoh......am just seeing this, you have said it all wink.
ZIMDRILL:

men we moan about bride price as if its charged by women when in fact most african bride price are charged by the same men who moaned about it when he got married

he repeats the same cycle when his daughter is getting married

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Jman06(m): 7:44pm On Jun 07, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Changing your father's name is not a big deal and shouldn't be a meal ticket into a man's pocket! Otherwise, we can decide to flip it ie I bear your name while you empty your bank account on top my head Lolzzz, how about that
Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:06pm On Jun 07, 2019
Ooopps''....so like Esau, you don't mind selling your father's name, your name, and your generations name becos of the offer of my bank account....o yeah, I will gladly accept the offer. tongue.....some smart guys know a name is worth more than money. Am not saying you ain't smart anyways. Get the message and judge yourself tongue.
Jman06:
Changing your father's name is not a big deal and shouldn't be a meal ticket into a man's pocket! Otherwise, we can decide to flip it ie I bear your name while you empty your bank account on top my head Lolzzz, how about that
Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Jman06(m): 8:18pm On Jun 07, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Ooopps''....so like Esau, you don't mind selling your father's name, your name, and your generations name becos of the offer of my bank account....o yeah, I will gladly accept the offer. tongue.....some smart guys know a name is worth more than money. Am not saying you ain't smart anyways. Get the message and judge yourself tongue.
That name thing is inconsequential! It should never be considered a reason for a lady to dump all her problems on a man. Better still, you can decide to keep your surname if bearing my name is the only "value" you're gonna add to my life. I don't fucccking care!
Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:22pm On Jun 07, 2019
Was surname issue the only benefit a man gains from marriage to a woman? Is that all you can find up there? Wadeva, suit yourself!
Jman06:
That name thing is inconsequential! It should never be considered a reason for a lady to dump all her problems on a man. Better still, you can decide to keep your surname if bearing my name is the only "value" you're gonna add to my life. I don't fucccking care!
Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Jman06(m): 10:42pm On Jun 07, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Was surname issue the only benefit a man gains from marriage to a woman? Is that all you can find up there? Wadeva, suit yourself!
But you made it look like a big deal.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Car Or A Land- Kindly Advice / Ladies, Is It Right To Choose Friends For Your Husband? / Mom Who Made Compromizing Video With Son, 16, Is Jailed For Four Years

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.