Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

What Do Women Bring To The Table? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do Women Bring To The Table? (3392 Views)

What Do You Bring To The Table !! / As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". / Why Do Women Lose Interest In Sex After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Women Bring To The Table? by genq(m): 6:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
Depending on what age group you are in you may have noticed the decline in any traditional strengths millennial women can even offer these days. So not only have men lost all legal, reproductive and traditional benefits that used to be theirs, women have now lost what little aside from a v@gina they still could add to a man's life.

We men now cook, clean and have an nicely decorated and clean homes as single bachelors. I can iron my shirts better and quicker than any woman and can do any chores better for myself than anyone and generally do it better than most women I know.

Women I have met these days have careers and yet can often not cook themselves a single meal, when you marry them they carrry this same modern macho-feminist ideologies into the home. With their over-inflated self importance, they expect you to finance their lives throughout courtship.

If you are stupid enough to get married, you pay bride price only to end up paying for the roof over their heads, bills, school fees etc... Some women are so lazy that they require househelps to do the chores unlike their western counterparts who work and clean their homes by themselves.

I am not talking about making women house slaves here, but lets be real, what does a woman bring to the table that is greater than what men do for women all the days of their fickle lives. Why must we continue to take care of a grown entitled women? and please dont mention sex or kids because that is a mutual benefit (sometimes women even benefit more from kids than men do).

Increasingly, men are realising how we have absolutely no need or benefit of having a woman in our lives other than their overated and worn out v@ginas. We are the prize not them! Women need men and not vice versa.

#MGTOWmovement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvaYepQ7-1Y

10 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by ibkayee(f): 8:04pm On Jun 01, 2019
Are the majority of husbands in Nigeria the sole providers?

How common are dual income households in Nigeria? Just trying to understand something

17 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by bukatyne(f): 9:11pm On Jun 01, 2019
@genq:

I could flip the narrative and say because a number of women can cater for themselves, they really do not need men.

Here in Nigeria, most earning wives jointly provide with the husbands in addition to handling most of the chores.

In fact, if all a man can bring to the table today is provision of money, he is fast becoming a liability.

Men particularly need a working marriage for old age.

25 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by genq(m): 6:04pm On Jun 02, 2019
bukatyne:
@genq:

I could flip the narrative and say because a number of women can cater for themselves, they really do not need men.

Here in Nigeria, most earning wives jointly provide with the husbands in addition to handling most of the chores.

In fact, if all a man can bring to the table today is provision of money, he is fast becoming a liability.

Men particularly need a working marriage for old age.

And women don't?

You said a man providing makes him a liability grin that, my friend, proves my point. You women are simply illogical, irrational, manipulative beings. Such a stupid statement to make!
Again in view of my original post, I need you to state clearly what a woman brings to table.

17 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by bukatyne(f): 6:23pm On Jun 02, 2019
genq:

And women don't?

You said a man providing makes him a liability grin that, my friend, proves my point. You women are simply illogical, irrational, manipulative beings. Such a stupid statement to make!
Again in view of my original post, I need you to state clearly what a woman brings to table.

Women are blessed with building bonds and social cushion that men are not so old age is not as lonely.

@Bold: You need better comprehension skills cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by ahnie: 6:59pm On Jun 02, 2019
Ardent peeper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by LilMissFavvy(f): 7:36pm On Jun 02, 2019
I don't know your background. In the background I come from, women bring money to the table. Women bear children. Women care for the kids. Most women care for their homes, while the busy ones pay a househelp. Most women contribute money to build houses with their hubby. Why do men keep talking about bride price? BULLLSSHIT Some bride prices are so meager and cheap, some low key weddings are so wretched, yet a man will still brag that he spent money. Some women contribute to foot wedding bills, yet at the end it is a woman that has to LOSE HER FATHERS NAME to bear the name of a strange man.

26 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 03, 2019
Nothing.

So can you gtfoh...

My sisters above, whenever a man asks you that stupid question, tell him "nothing". He should go Bleep himself.

The last thing you want is for a male creature to put you in a corner where you feel the need to prove your worth.

We don't do that here.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Miarose: 7:21am On Jun 03, 2019
khakeesi has spoken. The breaker of chains
breakerofchains:
Nothing.

So can you gtfoh...

My sisters above, whenever a man asks you that stupid question, tell him "nothing". He should go Bleep himself.

The last thing you want is for a male creature to put you in a corner where you feel the need to prove your worth.

We don't do that here.
Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by spongeisback: 9:03am On Jun 03, 2019
All this boys that come on the Internet to bash Nigerian women I wonder if they're normal or just plain stupid. Yeah yeah women are crazy but what about men? What about me and you Nigerian women are gold diggers please where's the gold they're digging?this country WHERE MAJORITY ARE POOR. most of them grew up in homes that their mothers are breadwinners but the whole "man code" bullsh>t won't let them say the truth. If their mothers didn't struggle they wouldn't go to school or even eat, many of them still eat mama thank you till today. They see the struggles and pain of an average Nigerian woman but they still bash and abuse her. Dear women don't let this ignorant mofos push you or make you feel inferior or inadequate we see you and your struggles everyday.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by zeb04(f): 9:14am On Jun 03, 2019
This one was probably trained by his mother oh.

Ungrateful cunt. Ask your mother when you see her.

13 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by izaray(f): 11:00am On Jun 03, 2019
What a stupid question, mtcheewww Kiddos everywhere!

2 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 03, 2019
As for a wife:
1. she cares for you and your kids if any.
2. She helps you become a father, if you have kids.
3. She is a confidant and is there during good and bad times, she cries and laughs with you.
4. She ensures your money is not frittered away, at least for the sake of the future of the kids.
5. Lastly, takes care of your sexual needs.

As for a girlfriend.
1. She takes care of your sexual needs.
2. Refer to #1
3. Refer to #1
4. Refer to #1

1 Like

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Smile4mee01: 11:05pm On Jun 03, 2019
Hmnnn.... This is a deep question. Globally, I think women are losing their power over men. Especially in the west where many Men are going MGTOW as it's very risky getting married or being in a committed relationship. The laws are skewed to favor women and as long as that is ,men will try and avoid women. It's just the wise thing to do. Does it make sense to get in a relationship where you could potentially loose half of your life income ?

Anywayz, to answer your question. Let's go back to the beginning. The woman was created as help mate. If you have a woman is in your life and she is not helping you become, she has no business in tour life. Cut it.

6 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by killsmith(f): 11:10pm On Jun 03, 2019
Marriage is normative.

Men have not really sat down and asked what they hope to gain by being married.

Marriage is difficult and it takes so much effort to maintain it.

I keep praying to God to give me a concrete reason to get married cos I'm almost clocking 30 and I've been away from women for some years now.

6 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Smile4mee01: 11:36pm On Jun 03, 2019
Sometimes I think, Many women want the benefits of marriage , but dont want to be wives.

However, a virtuous woman is a great asset in the hands of a good man. On the flip side, like attract like, Are you a good man?

1 Like

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Smile4mee01: 11:38pm On Jun 03, 2019
killsmith:
Marriage is normative.

I keep praying to God to give me a concrete reason to get married cos I'm almost clocking 30 and I've been away from women for some years now.

Brother, I will be 34. I am seeking that concrete reason as well. I just dont see it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by zed7: 1:00am On Jun 04, 2019
Smile4mee01:

Brother, I will be 34. I am seeking that concrete reason as well. I just dont see it.
When you meet a good woman, you'll surely find a reason. However, its better to be single than be with a person that adds no value to your life. Some women just bring misery and drama.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by genq(m): 7:36am On Jun 04, 2019
Gaggi:
As for a wife:
1. she cares for you and your kids if any.
2. She helps you become a father, if you have kids.
3. She is a confidant and is there during good and bad times, she cries and laughs with you.
4. She ensures your money is not frittered away, at least for the sake of the future of the kids.
5. Lastly, takes care of your sexual needs.

As for a girlfriend.
1. She takes care of your sexual needs.
2. Refer to #1
3. Refer to #1
4. Refer to #1

On the contrary, we men provide all this to women.
Do women not enjoy sex?
Are women not more eager to become mothers than men are to become fathers?
In addition to common sense, there are tons of financial advisers out there to help you manage your money.
My brother (or sister) if these are all the so called "benefits" of women, frankly they can keep it.

11 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by genq(m): 7:44am On Jun 04, 2019
breakerofchains:
Nothing.

So can you gtfoh...

We don't do that here.

Why am I not surprised? This is coming from a shameless wh0re who advocates for pr0stituti0n.
NEWSFLASH: you sleep with MEN for money and that, my dear, makes you an inferior liability unable to feed herself without the use of that ran-through borehole between your legs.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by genq(m): 7:48am On Jun 04, 2019
spongeisback:
All this boys that come on the Internet to bash Nigerian women I wonder if they're normal or just plain stupid. Yeah yeah women are crazy but what about men? What about me and you Nigerian women are gold diggers please where's the gold they're digging?this country WHERE MAJORITY ARE POOR. most of them grew up in homes that their mothers are breadwinners but the whole "man code" bullsh>t won't let them say the truth. If their mothers didn't struggle they wouldn't go to school or even eat, many of them still eat mama thank you till today. They see the struggles and pain of an average Nigerian woman but they still bash and abuse her. Dear women don't let this ignorant mofos push you or make you feel inferior or inadequate we see you and your struggles everyday.

I'm glad you mentioned our mothers - who truly were virtous and hard working women.
Can the same be said for your generation? A generation of baby mamas, nymphos, sluuts and lesbians.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 04, 2019
genq:

Why am I not surprised? This is coming from a shameless wh0re who advocates for pr0stituti0n.
NEWSFLASH: you sleep with MEN for money and that, my dear, makes you an inferior liability unable to feed herself without the use of that ran-through borehole between your legs.

grin

OK.

2 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by genq(m): 7:54am On Jun 04, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
I don't know your background. In the background I come from, women bring money to the table. Women bear children. Women care for the kids. Most women care for their homes, while the busy ones pay a househelp. Most women contribute money to build houses with their hubby. Why do men keep talking about bride price? BULLLSSHIT Some bride prices are so meager and cheap, some low key weddings are so wretched, yet a man will still brag that he spent money. Some women contribute to foot wedding bills, yet at the end it is a woman that has to LOSE HER FATHERS NAME to bear the name of a strange man.

Calm down love. There is a reason why you bear your FATHERS name and not your mother. And there is a reason why if you are lucky enough to find a husband, you WILL take his name too.
That is the God-given authority of a man. The more you women fight it, the harder life gets for you.

8 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:27am On Jun 04, 2019
Wow, so you have suddenly become a preacher remembering the word of God. I guess you have brought it in to back up mens oppression towards women. Take a look at the write up, how on earth can anyone say that women have nothing to bring to the table, a big insult to womanhood. If women must bear a man's name, then why do you men complain about spending on a woman, a wedding, or paying bride price?That's why I admire some tribes in Nigeria which allows a woman to bear her father's name along with her husbands name.
genq:

Calm down love. There is a reason why you bear your FATHERS name and not your mother. And there is a reason why if you are lucky enough to find a husband, you WILL take his name too.
That is the God-given authority of a man. The more you women fight it, the harder life gets for you.

3 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Krystalzkris(f): 3:05pm On Jun 04, 2019
killsmith:
Marriage is normative.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by killsmith(f): 7:45pm On Jun 04, 2019
Krystalzkris:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I'm dead ,am I not?
Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Makschinchin: 9:39pm On Jun 04, 2019
spongeisback:

My dear, blessings follow you.

@genq, don't know what to tell you sha, but I think you need to do a little research about a typical Nigerian family.. Honestly speaking, in most homes in this country today, women even bring more to the table than the men. Some women may not bring anything to the table, but there are lots out there that do even more than what is required of them, I know a lot of them. Like I said earlier, please do some research before coming here to say what you know nothing about..

You even sound like a misogynist undecided

7 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by CHoccolaTE: 9:48pm On Jun 04, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Wow, so you have suddenly become a preacher remembering the word of God. I guess you have brought it in to back up mens oppression towards women. Take a look at the write up, how on earth can anyone say that women have nothing to bring to the table, a big insult to womanhood. If women must bear a man's name, then why do you men complain about spending on a woman, a wedding, or paying bride price?That's why I admire some tribes in Nigeria which allows a woman to bear her father's name along with her husbands name.

Just imagine the senseless question this thread is asking.

In Nigeria, just go into any typical market and 80% of the traders are female. Is it offices? Or handwork like catering or beauty treatments in every corner that women also run?
My co worker in the office is also a part time baker and chef along with her white collar job.
Many Nigerian women run two consecutive jobs as well as handle 80% of house and child care.
I know people like op are mostly indoorsy type that hardly interact with the real world outside and think the rubbish they read on the internet is the same as real life.

Immediately I saw MGTOW I knew op clearly is very indoorsy has no idea how majority of Nigerian households run. Just coming here to propagate a movement american men started. As if america and Africa are the same.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:52am On Jun 05, 2019
My dear, its unfortunate that men like him are plenty, very plenty nija guys are like that. Read their online comments daily, and you will be convinced. Men with a poor mindset, who feel paying bride price of a female who her parent fed, put through school, nurtured, till she's up to the age of marriage, then a man suddenly feels bride price/wedding is too much to pay , it's a shame. That is the kind of men, available for most Nigerian women. In my side women make up like 98percent of traders in the local market, women even do menial jobs to eke a living. I don't know what they gain coming online to write gibberish about women.
CHoccolaTE:

In Nigeria, just go into any typical market and 80% of the traders are female. Is it offices? Or handwork like catering or beauty treatments in every corner that women also run?
My co worker in the office is also a part time baker and chef along with her white collar job.
Many Nigerian women run two consecutive jobs as well as handle 80% of house and child care.
I know people like op are mostly indoorsy type that hardly interact with the real world outside and think the rubbish they read on the internet is the same as real life.

Immediately I saw MGTOW I knew op clearly is very indoorsy has no idea how majority of Nigerian households run. Just coming here to propagate a movement american men started. As if america and Africa are the same.

2 Likes

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Ugosample(m): 6:09am On Jun 05, 2019
bukatyne:

Women are blessed with building bonds and social cushion that men are not so old age is not as lonely.

@Bold: You need better comprehension skills cheesy

this your point is RELATIVELY subjective tho

Whether a man or WOMAN will be lonely at old age largely depend on the person And how the person he/she is ot social skills.....

but I still see your point

@OP

what do women bring to the table?

Depend on the TYPE of woman you married

If you get hooked to a lazy and unproductive one
sorry nwanne

but if you marry a level and productive woman, That type of women turn the houses we build into a HOME you willl want to hurry to at the end of each day

But then the choice is yours to PICK that woman
there are many out there, just that some men are not looking the right direction

#Just Saying

1 Like

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Ugosample(m): 6:11am On Jun 05, 2019
CHoccolaTE:

MGTOW and Modern day feminists (emphasis on MODERN) are 21st century jokers...

two side to the same coin of madness
so I don't take either of them serious

1 Like

Re: What Do Women Bring To The Table? by Ugosample(m): 6:20am On Jun 05, 2019
LilMissFavvy:

I see yoir point BUT I think there are two things that are a bit somehow in your post

1) Changing your surname is a social construct that you don't have to adhere to.....
How this Norman French culture permeated into mainstream global culture still baffles me...

many many cultures DO not mandate you to change surname
core Islamic culture, and Latin culture (Hispanic) are two amongst many
you choose to change your name, and the society has conditioned people to believe that is the norm

2) Bride price SIGNIFIES something
it's not about the amount, it's the SIGNIFICANCE of that act

Bride pricr originally connotes ownership (back in the day)
And it's not about the amount paid
no matter the amt paid, once value was paid, the "product" becomes your own

That is why I pay no bride price

And none of my girls will be paid brideprice

It's a culture that should be THROWN AWAY if truly you do not want men who believe strongly in what bride price connotes to see you as possessions.

Think about it...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Finally I Am Admitting, I Need Help / Removed / Just Imagine What Some Married Couple Are Facing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.